The Official CAG December 2012 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
First post in any kind of these threads..

So far:

51UpF87k35L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

rage360.jpg

Both used from eBay. Came to like £8-9 in total.

Had CoD3 at launch and kinda always wanted it again so thought i'd rebuy. Never played Rage but always looked interesting to me.

Thanks to the Gamestop promo I traded in Assassin's Creed 3, Portal 2, and SSBB for $79. With that and what seems to be Gamestop's sale for Wii games before they start pitching the cases (30% off titles if you buy 6 or more ) I was able to pick all this stuff up and get some change left on my card.

I picked up the used copy of Battalion Wars, but the guy handed me back a new copy. I have had some great luck picking up used Nintendo games with unused Nintendo Points, so this should get me a good chunk of points.

[quote name='KtMack23']I'd say yes. Part 4 of dot hack is $80 by itself, and the sealed copy if master quest is a huge value IMO. Maybe not now, but in a year or two I could see that fetching $205 by itself.[/QUOTE]

Master Quest lost some steam a few years ago, it used to sell for a lot more. Who knows if it really will go back up but it's only worth as much as people are willing to pay. A sealed copy is a big plus, If memory serves me correct, I think I got it by pre-ordering and picking up LoZ:Ocarina of Time on the N64. It's been so long, somewhere around 13-14 years ago. >_

[quote name='kermit036']Thanks to the Gamestop promo I traded in Assassin's Creed 3, Portal 2, and SSBB for $79. With that and what seems to be Gamestop's sale for Wii games before they start pitching the cases (30% off titles if you buy 6 or more ) I was able to pick all this stuff up and get some change left on my card.

I picked up the used copy of Battalion Wars, but the guy handed me back a new copy. I have had some great luck picking up used Nintendo games with unused Nintendo Points, so this should get me a good chunk of points.[/QUOTE]

There's a sale on Wii titles? Hmm, I need to get in on that. :lol:

[quote name='skiizim']Master Quest lost some steam a few years ago, it used to sell for a lot more. Who knows if it really will go back up but it's only worth as much as people are willing to pay. A sealed copy is a big plus, If memory serves me correct, I think I got it by pre-ordering and picking up LoZ:Ocarina of Time on the N64. It's been so long, somewhere around 13-14 years ago. >_

[quote name='Tsukento']The OoT/Master Quest disc came from pre-ordering Wind Waker. :p Kinda impossible to release a GameCube package during the N64's life.[/QUOTE]

lol....Duh:roll: One of my blonde moments, I was on the right track.

Got all this at a yard sale:
GRQOX.jpg

I'm tempted to keep it all :)D) but I think it will be better off going to my niece.

Went across the street to pick up a few Wii games, myself.
2ztkeq8.jpg

Might head to another on payday to pick up Dragon Quest Swords and Rhythm Heaven Fever. Heard quite a lot of mixed stuff about ToS: DotNW, so if that doesn't sit well with me, then I'll exchange it for Pikmin.

51yL3g2mdIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Does this count? Pre order from Amazon and its on its way to me. Amazon says 18 isn't out until March which sucks if true..

Huzzah! My out of prints all showed up.

2hg7qe9.jpg

Kinda surprised Code Geass S.2 was in a fatty pack like most of the Gundam series DVDs, rather than a thin one like Season 1.

[quote name='Tsukento']Kinda surprised Code Geass S.2 was in a fatty pack like most of the Gundam series DVDs, rather than a thin one like Season 1.[/QUOTE]They don't make thin DVD cases that hold 8 discs. Max is 6 discs.

[quote name='Squarehard']That CE looks sleeker than I thought it would.

I'm am now officially enticed. @_@[/QUOTE]

The CE is HEAVY as shit too. Guess it is cuz the book is huge. I'm so glad I pre-ordered this :D

Picked up a $20 PSN card, and a few multi-disc BluRay sets at WalMart tonight.

1-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/TMNT 2/TMNT 3
2.Goonies/Gremlins/Gremlins 2
3.Hangover/Hangover 2/Due Date

only $9 each.

Picked up Torchwood: Miracle Day (DVD), Gundam 00 Season 2 (DVD), Ocean's Triple Feature (Blu-Ray), and A-Team (Blu-ray) today. The former 3 from Best Buy, the latter from FYE for $5 new.

[quote name='Olengie']^ That must've been a lot of money. :lol: Well spent of course. :)[/QUOTE]

decided to start a collection and this was the right time to do it over black friday weekend.Most blu rays were like $4-$10. the most expensive thing was my Durarara! blu ray lunch box which was $150 other than that i only spent like $500-$600 not even sure at this point. I know I didnt spent that much rightstuf prices were amazing for the stuff I wanted and still have about 30 or so more dvds coming from rightstuf.

[quote name='elessar123']Big picture is big.[/QUOTE]

dont know how to re-size them thats how they came out

Am I the only one that thought Brave sucked? And by sucked, I mean was EXACTLY like an annoying Disney Princess movie complete with doughy-eyed talking/human-like animals.

This stuff plus some more coming via a ~$100 worth of N64 carts and some crafty trading.

BA906066-A3BA-4C23-A981-12CCB8A6A2C3-1016-000000C9472DA2CF.jpg

IMG_1074_zpse0cc97e9.jpg

ACIII from the Amazon Gold Box with the $10 off code from the Vita Bundle I am getting for X-mas, NBA Jam from a buddy, MGS & Yakuza from Amazon.

SF & BB from the Frys sale (A buddy of mine was kind of enough to snag those for me), Dynasty Warriors was $20 at my Wal-Mart, Got RE: Retribution 3D a week early :D and finally bought Afterlife as well.

IMG_1073_zps099f0a2d.jpg

Found all the Bourne steels. Used the Universal $3 off coupons on each. Managed to find a Departed Steelbook at BB. Price Matched Nemo 3D from Target (the one I was at had the 3D marked on sale for $24.99 but the ad says should be only the Blu Combo) Deducted my $7.50 from the Steelbook pre-order and I'm happy with the price on Nemo :D

Cowboys & Aliens off of a friend. Ted from BB with the plushie and Training Day was filler for the $5 of $25 amazon coupon.

Lots of pictures!:
picture.php

picture.php

Forza Horizon: Got this at Walmart when they were selling things at Black Friday prices early. Finished the main story this week. Great game.

Lollipop Chainsaw: It may not be the longest game ever, but it was fun while it lasted.

Street Fighter X Tekken: Well... it has a nice introduction video. Best one I've seen in years. I just wish Capcom would put in more single player modes (and less on-disc DLC) in their fighting games.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND Limited Edition: Amazon had this for $20 and there was no way I could pass on it. It has all of the DLC characters, new fighter Rulius Clover, and several new story mode chapters, including a retelling of the events of Calamity Trigger (the first game in the series). Highly recommended.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Storm Generations: Haven't really sat down and tried it yet.

Sonic Generations: I had rented it from Redbox earlier this year and loved it. At $10, it had to get it.

Call of Duty: World At War: Haven't tried it yet. Bought it because I enjoyed playing through COD4 a few weeks ago.

picture.php

The contents of the BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND Limited Edition; the game, Calamity X Continuum 2012 calendar, 40-page Art Collection book, and a fantastic 17-song soundtrack CD.

picture.php

Fighting Vipers, Sonic CD, Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013, Daytona USA (XBLA): Daytona and Magic were from Black Friday. Beat Sonic CD in one sitting, making it the first Genesis era 2-D Sonic game I've ever finished. Fighting Vipers is tough, but good.

picture.php

Magical Taruruuto-kun: Magical Adventure (Super Famicom/Nintendo): It's a cutesy platform that has mini-games between some stages. A little heavier on the Japanese text than I thought it would be, though.

picture.php

Fire Pro-Wrestling A (GBA):
Even though the U.S. got this game for the GBA's launch, I've wanted to track down the Japanese version because it has the "correct" colors for the American talent. No more white tights for Stone Cold Steve Austin. The trading card was a nice bonus.

picture.php

Game Boy Player:
This attaches to the bottom of the Nintendo Gamecube and turns it into the Super Game Boy from Hell. It plays GB, GB Color, and GB Advance games on the TV. Surprisingly, GBA games look much better than I was expecting them to. One neat feature is that you can use the Game Boy Advance and its Gamecube cord accessory as a controller.

picture.php

Persona 4: Golden w/ Bonus Skin:
Got this since I'm getting a PS Vita for Christmas. How do I know? Because my mom couldn't contain herself when she got a Vita with two games and an 8GB memory card for $99 at the AT&T Store. :lol:

picture.php

U.S. Club Nintendo Kirby 20th Anniversary Medal:
I took forever to arrive, but it's a beauty. Still debating on whether I want to sell it or not. One eBay auction has gone as high as $80 for it.

took advantage of the holiday sale jerry gaylord and penelope gaylord were doing, and got some commissions from them

DSCN1317_zps29f3cb64.jpg

DSCN1312_zps2ad82bb4.jpg

DSCN1313_zpscda18e98.jpg

jerry did drake and penelope did chloe, they work on a comic call Fanboys Vs Zombies

243328_420500601355080_487855734_o_zpsbfeb659f.jpg

The picture came out really blurry! :cry:
Anywho these are the pickups from the last few months:

Black Ops 2: Traded in some games for it at Bestbuy on release day, payed for completely with credit. Was a really fun multiplayer experience but the matchmaking, lag, and general douchieness of the players turned the multiplayer into ass.

NBA 2K13: Traded in some games for it at Bestbuy in October, about 10 bucks out of pocket. Absolutely amazing game, if you're a fan of basketball you need to get this game. It feels so much better than 2K12. Blacktop (3v3 multiplayer) may piss you off because there is a lot of trolls, douchebags, and "swag" fiends.

The Sims 3: Grabbed for $6 off of the Origin store on Black Friday. Really fun game, I enjoy customizing my house and building up my money. Strangely addicting...:drool:

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit: Also grabbed for $6 off of the Origin store on Black Friday. I love this game, it is by far my favorite NFS game and possibly my favorite racing game. Although, I'll hold off on saying that until after Christmas when I play some Forza Horizon! :lol:

Dragon Ball Z steelbook double feature (Dead Zone, and World's Strongest): $7 from Amazon. I'm really getting back into TV shows I watched when I was little and I'm starting to collect them all again. This steelbook is beautiful and the movies are just as awesome as the first time I saw them!

Just Dance 4: After a long ordeal with Amazon, I finally got this for my girlfriend. I think it was $22 and the shipping was free with the DBZ DVD. This is one of her Christmas presents. :D

Not sure where to post, went to target today and bought sonic all star racing transformed for the vita. Says it don't come out till the 18 so I was happy to get it 3 days early

The Godfather limited edition for the original xbox

some type of patch or cloth of Ranma 1/2 from Japan

Dragonball Z Journeys DVD Sealed "Last episode of Dragon ball Z and the first episode of DB GT" (Target exclusive)

Dragonball Z tournament saga

dscn0672x.jpg

dscn0677n.jpg

dscn0680i.jpg

CIMG0645.jpg

Went ahead and picked up some Wii Games. Happy to find TvC All Stars and Trauma Center Second Opinion; I never been able to find them at my local Gamestops. Saw Akai Katana and got in on that. :lol:

Persona 4 Arena and Catherine came from AWD a while back. Used a PS3 case from the games below to replace the 360 Case Catherine came in.

Bought the NBA 2K8 and MLB 2007 for the cases. :p

Not Shown: Forgot to take a pic of Modnation Racers.

Got plenty more stuff I picked up. :D

ngosbo.jpg

Ghost in the Shell 2.0, King of Braves: GaoGaiGar Seasons 1 and 2, MazinKaiser, Redline, Shuten Doji, Pretty Face Vol. 2

2bofhi.jpg

Brother sent me a gift card for GameStop. Picked up the last copy they had. Was amazingly still in great condition for what was a display copy.

291jeiw.jpg

With this, I've now completed all of YuYu Hakusho's TV series. :applause: Holding off on the Movie/Eizou release in hopes of a possible Blu-ray release. Though I have the original dubbed version on order simply cause I'd like to own that version and it comes packed in with the movie for Ninku, another Shonen Jump series that's never been translated here.

Also wanted to give GetBackers a try, but the manga's been discontinued and I heard the anime was just as good. That and Detroit Metal City. :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back