The Official CAG January 2011 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice on Legend of mana and Azure Dreams!! I'm waiting for Square to get off their asses and put LoM up on the PSN so I can actually play the damn thing. One of Yoko Shimomura's best soundtracks.

untitled2.jpg

Lunar Guide (sealed)-$5
Slam City w/ Scotty Pippen (sealed)-$4
Devil Summoner
Arc The Lad Collection (complete, all stuff inside sealed)
Musashi
Turrigan- all 4 were $70

213hytv.jpg

Got Freddy from Amazon for $20.23 including shipping.

9pth89.jpg

Got all this for a total of .52 from Half Price Books. I sold them some books from my work's lost and found and got $5.75 from them. And the cashier only charged me for 1 issue of Invincible lol.

[quote name='Freemason']this one is printed on 250gms cardstock with liquid and reviews on it were good, so couldn't pass it up. at about 6ft by 3ft... should look spiffy
[/QUOTE]

Just curious, where did you get it from? I'm always trying to add new posters and stuff to my living room, and that looks pretty awesome.

[quote name='pat87']Just curious, where did you get it from? I'm always trying to add new posters and stuff to my living room, and that looks pretty awesome.[/QUOTE]

CLICK HERE

e2b7c372.jpg

Move and PS3 Camera: $60 (craigslist)
Start the Party: $39.99 (Best Buy)
The Shoot: $20.00 (Best Buy after buy 1 move game get one 50% off)
Pokemon Heart Gold: $19.99 (Best Buy

Finally got my hands on a Watermelon N64 for $380, only four more colors to go. Kinda tempted to flip it for $600+, since one with a beat up box sold for $500 a week ago, and mine is mint.

Very late December:
:psp: KZ: Liberation, Syphon Filter Logan's Shadow/Dark Mirror, Sid Meier's Pirates!, Alien Syndrome, R&C: Size Matters, GoW: Chains, Medievil Resurrection :360: Tornado Outbreak, Where the Wild Things Are, Operation Darkness $47.84 - GoHastings

January

:wii: Epic Mickey Paintbrush Nunchuk $13.99 - Amazon Warehouse Deals
:gc: Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance $13.99 - Amazon Warehouse Deals

:360: Borderlands GOTY :ps2: Silent Hill 2/3, Siren, MGS3: Subsistence, FFX/X-2 :psp: GTA: Liberty City Stories $92 - CAG Member

:ds: Yoshi's Island DS, The Suite life of Zack & Cody: Circle of Spies $12.49 - eBay
:ps2: Silent Hill 2/3 $10 - eBay
:360: (all sealed) Medal of Honor LE, BFBC2, CoD: Black Ops, CoD: MW2, FO:NV $100 - eBay

:360: CoD: Black Ops :ds: Dementium 1000/100 points - Goozex

:ps3: ESA Game Pack $29.99 - GameStop

sprintphotoboqxdl.jpg

Was skeptical of the $100 eBay lot, but it came nicely packaged with signature confirmation.

[quote name='lmz00']Finally got my hands on a Watermelon N64 for $380, only four more colors to go. Kinda tempted to flip it for $600+, since one with a beat up box sold for $500 a week ago, and mine is mint.[/QUOTE]
. . . . . I call Bull shit.

the one that sold for $500 was "New". and it actually looked pretty good.

boxed complete ones go for under $100(2 completed listings on ebay for 80 and 90, one of em looked really nice with a new controller).

proof:

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/Video-Games-/1249/i.html?rt=nc&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=watermelon%20nintendo%2064&_catref=1&_dmpt=Video_Games&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m283&_rdc=1

not to mention, that listing(the one that "sold" for $500) is prolly BS.

i doubt anyone really paid $500 for that nintendo 64.

itll prolly be relisted in the next week or two.

[quote name='StripesOrBars']still call BS.

you cant get over 500 for that[/QUOTE]

[quote name='StripesOrBars']not to mention, that listing(the one that "sold" for $500) is prolly BS.

i doubt anyone really paid $500 for that nintendo 64.

itll prolly be relisted in the next week or two.[/QUOTE]
iconPos_16x16.gif
Amazing New Rare N64 System Great Honest Seller Trust hugapuggy123 to DeliverMember id 9999fine ( Feedback Score Of 556
iconPurpleStar_25x25.gif
)
Jan-06-11 13:13 Nintendo 64 "WATERMELON" SYSTEM -CONTROLLER-GENUINE-NEW (#300489630298)US $500.00View Item
Whatever you say, bro.

All you've managed to "prove" is that you know nothing about the sealed game/console market.

If I ever do decide to part with it (unlikely), I'll be sure to post a link to the completed listing.

Typing like this sure is fun.

[quote name='lmz00']
Whatever you say, bro.

All you've managed to "prove" is that you know nothing about the sealed game/console market.

If I ever do decide to part with it (unlikely), I'll be sure to post a link to the completed listing.

Typing like this sure is fun.[/QUOTE]
. . . damn.

i thought you were gonna have a good comeback. . .

instead, you insult the way i post.

weak.

[quote name='lmz00']
Whatever you say, bro.

Typing like this sure is fun.[/QUOTE]

That does look like an aberration for something that isn't even sealed in the box. I could be wrong on this, but I noticed the listing had the tag "Best Offer"--which could mean that $500 was the original BIN and not what the buyer actually paid.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']That does look like an aberration for something that isn't even sealed in the box. I could be wrong on this, but I noticed the listing had the tag "Best Offer"--which could mean that $500 was the original BIN and not what the buyer actually paid.[/QUOTE]

Unless it's a multi-item listing, when eBay shows "Best Offer" for a completed listing, it is the price it sold for.

[quote name='salty tbone']Unless it's a multi-item listing, when eBay shows "Best Offer" for a completed listing, it is the price it sold for.[/QUOTE]

Really? I've mainly been seeing these best offers at work over in the comics section, so maybe those were the multi-item listings you speak of.

I still think it's a little funny though, considering that you've got other sellers with 2000+ feedback moving the complete in Box watermelons along at $80-90. You'd think if the profit margin was that good folks would start slipping on little baggies and passing off the stuff as OMG it's opened but take my word that it's NEW.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Really? I've mainly been seeing these best offers at work over in the comics section, so maybe those were the multi-item listings you speak of.

I still think it's a little funny though, considering that you've got other sellers with 2000+ feedback moving the complete in Box watermelons along at $80-90. You'd think if the profit margin was that good folks would start slipping on little baggies and passing off the stuff as OMG it's opened but take my word that it's NEW.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it changed, but the last time I accepted a best offer that's how the listing showed. Either way, lmz00 is the one person on here I would listen to when it comes to the market for new N64 stuff.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']That does look like an aberration for something that isn't even sealed in the box. I could be wrong on this, but I noticed the listing had the tag "Best Offer"--which could mean that $500 was the original BIN and not what the buyer actually paid.[/QUOTE]
No, that's what it sold for. IIRC, his BIN price was around $650. And those consoles never came sealed. The only N64s that did were ones that were packaged with games, like the Star Wars Racer and Donkey Kong 64 bundles, etc.

They've been steadily going up in price over the past year. As recent as last spring, you could've had the bundle with the extra Atomic Purple controller for around $150, perhaps even less. Then, they went up to around $300, and one even went for $625 around Christmas.
[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']I still think it's a little funny though, considering that you've got other sellers with 2000+ feedback moving the complete in Box watermelons along at $80-90. You'd think if the profit margin was that good folks would start slipping on little baggies and passing off the stuff as OMG it's opened but take my word that it's NEW.[/QUOTE]Some people try to, with rpgarcana and gimmethatthing being two of the biggest offenders. The fakes are easy to spot, if you know what to look for. Usually, the bags will be all wrinkled (if they're even the right ones), or the cables will show obvious signs that they've been unwound. You see it a lot, especially with NES consoles.

Some examples:

[quote name='salty tbone']Either way, lmz00 is the one person on here I would listen to when it comes to the market for new N64 stuff.[/QUOTE]
Bless your heart. :)

lol rpgarcana.

another guy who has someone pseudo "buying" his auctions so he can TRY to get to top rated/power seller status.

like the guy who bought that "new" n64 for "$500".

its amazing ebay doesnt catch these guys or care.

(lol $380)

[quote name='salty tbone']Maybe it changed, but the last time I accepted a best offer that's how the listing showed. Either way, lmz00 is the one person on here I would listen to when it comes to the market for new N64 stuff.[/QUOTE]

so youd spend $500+($380 even lol) on a watermelon N64 that has been selling for under $100(might as well have been new) because some guy with a P Diddy avatar told you too?

i hope you have a better responses than lmz does(please dont call my wife fat or make fun of my dick, or something. Yes or No would work.).

i do have to admit tho, it was a nice pick up lmz.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lmz00']No, that's what it sold for. IIRC, his BIN price was around $650. And those consoles never came sealed. The only N64s that did were ones that were packaged with games, like the Star Wars Racer and Donkey Kong 64 bundles, etc.

They've been steadily going up in price over the past year. As recent as last spring, you could've had the bundle with the extra Atomic Purple controller for around $150, perhaps even less. Then, they went up to around $300, and one even went for $625 around Christmas.[/QUOTE]

I've seen a lot of crazy prices on retro games around Christmas (this being the first time I've done selling in the middle of the rush). It will be interesting to see if the price holds up six months from now...

Much appreciated for the info! Maybe I'll give you a ring if I find any premium systems in the wild (Not like the Killer Instinct SNES box I found one time that was used as a dropcloth and encrusted with plaster of paris) :drool:

Sealed, overpaid, new, used, whatever, all I want to see is a rainbow shot of Imz00's room with it's delectable fruit flavored N64's. Stop slinging insults and let the man buy what he likes in what condition he likes, and object how one sees fit, but like J.G Wentworth says,"It's your money, use it when you need it."

the statement goes both ways, now behave or i'll turn the damn forum around and you can all spend the rest of the auctions in your rooms... and no cartoons.

[quote name='StripesOrBars']so youd spend $500+($380 even lol) on a watermelon N64 that has been selling for under $100(might as well have been new) because some guy with a P Diddy avatar told you too?[/QUOTE]

absolutely not, but i have zero interest in brand new stuff (hell both my PS3 were even bought used). however, i do know that lmz only wants mint stuff, so i'll take his word on what something goes for since he's shelling out the money.

Halo 3
Prey
Left 4 Dead GOTY
Moto GP 06
Stranglehold
Dead Rising
Gears of War 2
Red Faction Guerrilla
Street Fighter IV
Quake 4
Project Gotham Racing 4
Kameo
Perfect Dark Zero
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Forza Motorsport 2

$65 at GS

picture.php

LBP2 CE came in yesterday :D

Kinect from Warehouse Deals came yesterday. It was sealed but had a cut on the box. Good enough for me cuz it was $35 off.

Finally got my hands on Riviera for PSP. FMP was ordered back when the anime sale was going on.

will post pics later today or 2moro
also just got a PSP-1000 for a DS game.
also bought a new dsi
Already bought some psp games already

img9102l.jpg

Free from UGO.

I won a shirt from them a while ago and didn't enter anything else since then because I thought you had to wait 30 days before entering again.

I guess not haha.

Okay, so I normally don't make multiple posts in the monthly pickup threads, but I had to make this one.

I was hanging out with some friends earlier today, and we decided to hit the GameStop that's right next to their campus, mostly for the shiny Pokemon they're doing, but also because I know that this particular GameStop is apparently a goldmine when it comes to their stock. I also had a $25 GC from e-rewards, so I was hoping that maybe I could find something to spend it on.

After we got our shiny Entei (Enteis?), I was perusing the DS section. Valkyrie Profile I knew they had, but I was not necessarily interested in it (turns out their "new" copy is missing the coverart. WTF?). However, I just so happened to find a complete copy of Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride preowned for $34.99. And the only thing I don't like is the price sticker on it. Manual, hell, even the Nintendo DS warnings pamphlet is still in it!

So needless to say, I bought it and got to use my $25 GC. Total ended up being $12.xx after tax (seriously, tax blows, when it's on the pre-GC total).

It was kinda funny. One of my friends there knows how much I wanted DQ5 since I picked up DQ4 and will be picking up DQ6, and was hoping to have the trip complete. Another one looked at me and was like "are you really gonna buy that?" Hell, for what I paid, it's a damn nice steal.

I'll add pictures and such tomorrow. I've got pictures of my pickups for this month (most of them anyway) but just need to get them off my camera.

This month pick-ups in the DS Department
IMG_0038.jpg

:ds:DSi Matte Blue New- $140 Amazon
*Pokemon HeartGold- $20 Amazon
*Plants Vs Zombies- $20 Amazon
*Mario & Luigi: Bowser Inside Story- $20 Amazon
*Kingdom Hearts: re:coded- $35 Amazon and $15 credit
*Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective- $30 Capcom.com
*Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney- $10 Capcom.com
FF CC Rings of Fate- $12 CAG Lowball
*Chrono Trigger- $15 Amazon
Avatar: TLA Burning Earth- 100 Goozex
*999 with watch- $38 Aksysgames.com
Glory of Heracles- $8 CAG
*From the Abyss- $7 Amazon
Pokemon SS box and pokewalker- $10 CAG Lowball
*Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs- $20 Amazon
WarioWare Touched- $12 CAG Lowball

Great DS Haul. Next will be my sweet PSP Haul
Including a PSP1000 for Dragon Quest 4 and lots of PSP games.

Traded in 19 games to Amazon. Got about $190 back in credit. Used 70 of it to preorder MVC3:360:.

Also got a new router and cable modem.
router.jpg

Upgrading from my old crappy RCA cable modem to this newer SB6120 took me from 13Mb/s to 21mb/s.
1122777497.png

The router covers my house better. My ps3 finally has what seems to be a pretty stable connection. There is a usb port on it that you can use to connect to a printer or storage. It also supports DDWRT out of the box which I have used for years and love.

Finally after waiting a few months I got my first firearm. I live in Illinois so you gotta have a FOID card issued by the state police to purchase one and they were 57 days behind. Still I think I got a pretty good deal at $350
gun.jpg

Overall a pretty expensive month. I didn't make many game purchases but I have a huge backlog I'm trying to force myself to play through before buying anything new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back