The Official CAG January 2012 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='doodmandood']I REMEMBERED!

img0412oa.jpg

Sony Bravia HX 55" 3DTV

Got this guy for $1399 on a one day sale from Fry's.

Upgraded from my 32" Panasonic.

Got the guy at Fry's to knock off $50 from the TV stand too.

It's soooo nice.[/QUOTE]

That thing looks gorgeous. I really need to upgrade my tube, but I'm not ready to shell out yet.

Just found out that a SNES & N64 that I had sent to get graded were damaged in transit by UPS, and now I have to go through the trouble of filing a claim. VGA sent me pictures, and the box they shipped in pretty much looks like someone used it as a step stool. :'(

I fucked up and only insured them for $800 (almost $400 less than what I paid for both), but I'm going to try and see if I can get UPS to pay me the difference between that and what they go for on eBay used (around $200 for both).

Best case scenario: I get $600 and get to keep my now damaged consoles.
Moral of the story: don't under-insure your items.

I WAS going to post some cereal and clothes, but now I'm too heartbroken. Maybe for the February thread.

[quote name='lmz00']Just found out that a SNES & N64.......[/QUOTE]

I cringed reading this as I'm picturing what most likely happened, they used your package as a step to get to other package. Hopefully you do well with the insurance claim..........I am interested in hearing how it turns out for you.

[quote name='lmz00']
25itee1.jpg
Not for the faint of heart. :cry:[/QUOTE]

All i see is a box? What games got ruined to be worth $600 got pics?

[quote name='lmz00']Just found out that a SNES & N64 that I had sent to get graded were damaged in transit by UPS...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='needler420']All i see is a box? What games got ruined to be worth $600 got pics?[/QUOTE]

Systems, not games.

Less puff puff, more read.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='needler420']All i see is a box? What games got ruined to be worth $600 got pics?[/QUOTE]

It's even sadder that people consider old boxed consoles worth that much. Not judging its just ridiculous how this collecting market has gone.

[quote name='dodgeme']It's even sadder that people consider old boxed consoles worth that much. Not judging its just ridiculous how this collecting market has gone.[/QUOTE]
I'm with you on that one.

[quote name='dodgeme']It's even sadder that people consider old boxed consoles worth that much. Not judging its just ridiculous how this collecting market has gone.[/QUOTE]
How so? New ones are (and would've been worth even more, had they been graded in the condition they were shipped). Used "CIB" go for around $150, tops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back