The Official CAG July 2014 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ekXe6MC.jpg

hard drive is from amazon $25 from that kindle offer last week. went to gamestop to pick up my reserved copy of one piece and this guy pulls out a gutted copy of my reserved game. i told him to refund my money because i wanted a sealed copy for my collection. so i had to drive to a different gamestop to pick up a sealed one. the thing the made me mad though, was the guy trying to tell me why do i care if it is gutted since im gonna play it anyway? I'm not gonna play it, i just like to collect limited items, especially all things one piece and vita. I dont buyused games at all and to me that is similar to a used game with the big gamestop new sticker on the case and i dont like when gamestop does that nonsense. why open someones reserved copy when i was only one of 3 people to pre-order

ekXe6MC.jpg

hard drive is from amazon $25 from that kindle offer last week. went to gamestop to pick up my reserved copy of one piece and this guy pulls out a gutted copy of my reserved game. i told him to refund my money because i wanted a sealed copy for my collection. so i had to drive to a different gamestop to pick up a sealed one. the thing the made me mad though, was the guy trying to tell me why do i care if it is gutted since im gonna play it anyway? I'm not gonna play it, i just like to collect limited items, especially all things one piece and vita. I dont buyused games at all and to me that is similar to a used game with the big gamestop new sticker on the case and i dont like when gamestop does that nonsense. why open someones reserved copy when i was only one of 3 people to pre-order
Yea, fuck that noise. That guy was being a complete tool. He might as well sold it to you as used. If you didn't get to pop that cherry, it is not new.

Yea, fuck that noise. That guy was being a complete tool. He might as well sold it to you as used. If you didn't get to pop that cherry, it is not new.
yeah, that is why i try never to shop at gamestop but, things like this are exclusive, along with tales of hearts r. dragon age inquisition CE hasnt shown up anywhere yet, which leads me to believe it will also be a gamestop exclusive. I truly hate that place and it started back in high school like 10 years ago when they first did the same exact thing to me.

yeah, that is why i try never to shop at gamestop but, things like this are exclusive, along with tales of hearts r. dragon age inquisition CE hasnt shown up anywhere yet, which leads me to believe it will also be a gamestop exclusive. I truly hate that place and it started back in high school like 10 years ago when they first did the same exact thing to me.
I would suggest calling his/her manager or corporate but...

cb3b88937f5acb80cb5d5db4f202aca7.jpg

Every GS you go to must have a Wii section full of generic case disc only copies (except for the higher dollar first party stuff) after you are done with it, especially during these B2G1 sales.
Not quite. I also only pick up games if they have manuals with them (unless it's something rare I need) but still most gamestops I go to have huge preowned Wii game selections and I'm 95% only buying games that are under $5 each unless again it's rare or is just weird and I can't pass it up. The majority of stuff they're selling is still in the $10-30 range and I'm not paying those prices even with B2G1.

Not quite. I also only pick up games if they have manuals with them (unless it's something rare I need) but still most gamestops I go to have huge preowned Wii game selections and I'm 95% only buying games that are under $5 each unless again it's rare or is just weird and I can't pass it up. The majority of stuff they're selling is still in the $10-30 range and I'm not paying those prices even with B2G1.
The pre-owned Wii section at my locals are all mostly those generic case games by now, especially the lower dollar value ones. It's pretty good you are finding all of those complete with the manuals as well (though I'm certain you stop by at least a few stores).

The pre-owned Wii section at my locals are all mostly those generic case games by now, especially the lower dollar value ones. It's pretty good you are finding all of those complete with the manuals as well (though I'm certain you stop by at least a few stores).
On those last batch of pictures that was six stores. There is a shitload of gamestops in my area in Arizona. I don't even glance at the generic case titles but I'd say maybe less then 50% are in the generic cases.

From eBay:

20140716_181640-1.jpg

From GoHastings:

20140716_181718-1.jpg

From BestBuy:

20140716_181606-1.jpg

From FYE (Eva and Baka & Test were new, Golion and Bakumatsu were used and were in a B1G1 50% off promo. Both were $15):

20140716_181759-1.jpg

20140716_181909-1.jpg

Went to Kmart tonight and picked up:

:3ds: New Super Mario Bros. 2  $29.99

:3ds: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon  $34.99

Had $10 in surprise points to use on a $50 purchase. Earned another $10 in points for a $50 purchase along with $10 in points for each game. So $64.98 + $5.xx tax - $10 surprise points = roughly $60.00 and I have $30 in points to use on another purchase (Amazon giftcard?).  :D/

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been a while since I posted anything, so not everything is from July.

gallery_226059_8331_25009.jpg

I drove around the state this week for interviews, so I went into some flea markets and ended up picking up Blades of Steel for the Game Boy and Brutal Sports Football for the Atari Jaguar. Honestly, I didn't even know that they made Blades of Steel for the Game Boy.

gallery_226059_8331_1629.jpg

King of Kings: The Early Years (Unlicensed NES Game)

Earthworm Jim 2

Strider 

gallery_226059_8331_23533.jpg

gallery_226059_8331_25935.jpg

WWE Shirts

Went to Kmart tonight and picked up:

:3ds: New Super Mario Bros. 2 $29.99

:3ds: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon $34.99

Had $10 in surprise points to use on a $50 purchase. Earned another $10 in points for a $50 purchase along with $10 in points for each game. So $64.98 + $5.xx tax - $10 surprise points = roughly $60.00 and I have $30 in points to use on another purchase (Amazon giftcard?). :D/
You should make sure those bonus points dont expire soon. Ive noticed a lot of times some points are good for a week or even just a weekend! Ive made quite a few unplanned Kmart trips just to use almost expired points before, even if its just a few bucks. A free Mountain Dew and a pack gum is still a free Mountain Dew and a pack of gum!!!

You should make sure those bonus points dont expire soon. Ive noticed a lot of times some points are good for a week or even just a weekend! Ive made quite a few unplanned Kmart trips just to use almost expired points before, even if its just a few bucks. A free Mountain Dew and a pack gum is still a free Mountain Dew and a pack of gum!!!
Yeah I noticed they expire on the 24th. Going to purchase an Amazon giftcard this weekend. Thanks for the heads up.

14671525206_00a58eae27.jpg

mario tennis and tomodachi from kmarts, rest from gamestop.

also i got earthbound as my clubnintendo prize and bought legend of dragoon from psn store, when it was for sale for 0.99$

Picked up these for $80 yesterday:

Sadly I procrastinated and missed out on a CL ad for Mega Man Legends 1, 2 & Tron Bonne (all complete) for $220.

Picked up the PS2 games for $12 at a Flea Market. Originally $8 each but managed to haggle him down. Should've haggled more but I don't mind the price. Wish he had more games. But it was all Dragonball stuff. If he had Dragonball Z Budokai 2 for GC, I definitely could've picked it up though. :lol: 

Street Shark was from GoHastings. Waiting on my Transformers S3 Part 1 to come in. Picked up Battle for Middle Earth II at Goodwill for $3. It's my second copy and it looks way better than mine. These actually go for a pretty penny online. 

Toys R Us 80% off green tag pickups

PS3

God of War Origins Collection - 4$

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon - 6$

Resistance 2 - 4$

WWE '12 - 4$

Generator Rex - 2$

Wii

Epic Mickey 2 - 4$

First time I've had brand new games in years.

Rhino release of Transformers. Season 3 Part 1. 

I've had the Season 1 and Season 3 Part 2/Season 4 sets for a little over 7+ years.  Since I have these sets, I might as well complete the whole series instead of buying the Anniversary collection. All I need now is Season 2 Part 2.

Cause I paid 30-40 on Season 1 and Season 3 Part 2 each when they first came out. And yes, I was an unwise person a long time ago in terms of spending.

Might as well complete it on the cheap.

I got these from Buybacks. Games were $15-$27 a piece  and the systems were $40 each. They were also having a buy 3 get 1 free sale. Everything is complete.

I also found this at the flea market for $4.

Picked up a Retron 5 from a local game store, is was $150. Wave Race 64 and Wipeout 64 were buy one get one so I only paid $3 for those.

Everything from Gamestop B2G1 except for Bleach (which I got with the $5 Kongregate coupon) & Just Dance 2: Best Buy Edition (bought off ebay). Quite happy to find those Rock Band track packs for less than $2 a piece because those two are pretty hard to find and usually go for around $20. 

Let's just say it's been a good couple of weeks.

Bought all of these

sxZ2Wbu.jpg

and put them in this

DIlc67v.jpg

vTw6tAk.jpg

Been wanting to build a gaming pc for a while. Here are the specs. Yes I could've probably gotten a few cheaper pieces but I am happy.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k

Graphics: Asus AMD Radeon R9 280x

Memory: 2x GSkill Trident X 8GB 2400mhz

Storage: 128GB Crucial MX 100 SSD and 2TB Seagate Barracude

Power Supply: Cooler Master 750 Watt

Also picked up these M-Audio Speakers for sound, I am not a fan of headsets. I don't believe the mouse was pictured either last time, it is a SteelSeries Sensei [RAW].

P7BgfsV.jpg

I also got this monitor on the cheap on ebay. It's an Asus VS-239H-P. IPS HD 23", just slightly better then the Dell I am using at the moment. Got it for $35 shipped, someone had ripped the stand out of the back of it, but I can just pick up a cheap VESA mount for it and be set.

JIktz19.jpg

Finally, got these three Saturn import titles in.

u2OihTv.jpg

gallery_226059_8331_75271.jpg

Wolfenstein 3D for Atari Jaguar

gallery_226059_8331_38748.jpg

Mega Man 5 for NES... My Mega Man NES collection is now complete. I feel I paid too much for this, but at this point I really don't care. :whee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back