The Official CAG July 2014 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got the games (Cursed Mountain: Limited Edition Complete and mint) and Zelda Wiimote (only $40!) from Fallout Games (a local game store). Got the Gold Nunchuk from a fellow CAG for a great price!

Then my usual Gamestop B2G1:

Best Buy B1G1. Really wanted these.

Phoneix Wright was from Goodwill. Wouldve bought the rest if they were there. Zeta Gundam was from Ebay, BIN listing for 65 shipped.

Last edited by a moderator:
CLAMP from eBay, Mulan from Zavvi:

20140725_230441-1.jpg

From Best Buy:

20140725_230506-1.jpg

From GoHastings:

20140725_230539-1.jpg

20140725_230622-1.jpg

Got the games (Cursed Mountain: Limited Edition Complete and mint) and Zelda Wiimote (only $40!) from Fallout Games (a local game store). Got the Gold Nunchuk from a fellow CAG for a great price!

Then my usual Gamestop B2G1:
I've only been to the Fallout Games in Tempe, still a good store to stop by now and then.

Also +1 for alphabetizing the Wii games, classy move.

And if you needed a Wii Remote Plus (White Version), they are clearancing them out at the Fry's Marketplace in Tempe for $20 right now (I forget if you said you still needed that one...).

I got these through trade ins at The Exchange. Both are complete. I traded pretty much everything in my last post except the Power Set Nintendo. The boxes and manuals are water warped but are in still decent shape. I also got them to throw in these TMNT figures for free. =)

I've only been to the Fallout Games in Tempe, still a good store to stop by now and then.

Also +1 for alphabetizing the Wii games, classy move.

And if you needed a Wii Remote Plus (White Version), they are clearancing them out at the Fry's Marketplace in Tempe for $20 right now (I forget if you said you still needed that one...).
The one in Tempe is the main one I go to since it's right by my work but I went to one of the Phoenix one's (on Tatum) for the first time yesterday and I'm glad I did. I was waiting at the register while the guy was pulling out the Wii discs and just happened to spot the Zelda Wiimote up on the wall in a bag like the other Wiimotes. I was expecting him to say it was like $100 or something so when he said $40 I was ecstatic. Most local game stores have pretty high prices but both Fallouts I've been to have been great. That Cursed Mountain was only $6 and it's in mint condition.

Thanks for the info on the White Wii Remote Plus. That's the only one left I need so I'll stop by there and check during my lunch break on Monday. I ordered a Yoshi Wiimote from playasia since it looks like they're not going to release it in the US. They had them on sale for $40 so with shipping it wasn't too much more than I would pay for it if it came out here. I'm focusing on US stuff for my collection but it goes so well with the other Mario, Luigi and Peach one's I have to get it.

Lets go! First time playing the game.

G3V8hwK.jpg

Free promo copy from a family member that works at Bethesda

Initial verdict 

its awesome

Last edited by a moderator:
Hit up a Gamestop that's fairly close to me that I had never been to before and they had probably double the amount of Pre-Owned Wii Games as the other stores I've been to including a bunch of stuff I've never seen. This is all from that one store:

4th Generation 32GB iPod Touch.........free. Its been sitting in the lost and found at work for 2 months apparently. Used my Kmart Shop Your Way Rewards points to pick up a charger today. It had a password on it so I tried a few but couldnt get in. I had to download iTunes and try the restore 3 times before it finally worked. Softwarewise everything appears perfect, screen def needs replaced though.

After watching the NHK channel we got recently I decided I really wanted some Sake. Just got this in today. 

Didnt look that fancy in the picture!

Couldn't pass up boxed GBA stuff when it's this cheap! Already had the Legacy of Goku I & II dual cart so it'll pay for about half of what this stuff cost.

wBb68nEl.jpg

d2NAik8l.jpg

Came from Rightstuf today:

7bCIa6G.jpg

From Amazon.co.jp:

pSVaAm1.jpg

From Comic Con (Seven Seas had a 60% off sale Sunday, Food Wars was full price from Viz (came with a Sailor Moon bag), and the rest were free.

afD7uwY.jpg

Also from Comic Con, a small Thousand Sunny and a Strike Freedom. I haven't built one of these in almost a decade.

6nh1rLr.jpg

The rest in spoilers, cause it's probably less interesting to the regulars (some of my other SDCC pick-ups).

Made out like a bandit here. No luck with the exclusives though. Pouty Doraemon from Viz booth.

ENYdFKx.jpg

Some of my Blizzard Booth loot:

WRXju9Y.jpg

Got this and a t-shirt to get a "free" sketch from C&H:

Qyu779O.jpg

Said sketch:

NslIbNj.jpg

I have a love/hate relationship with RG models. They're fun to build and really detailed, but a lot of them tend to fall apart if you look at them funny (looking at you, Freedom and GP-01b). Also, a lot of them can't hold their weapons because the fingers offer no support.

Which one do you prefer then? HGs? This is actually my first RG, since they didn't exist back in the day. This set was produced just recently, so hopefully it's a little better. What I really want is the PG Strike Freedom though.

PG002.jpg

Yea, I prefer HGs, though a lot of that has to do with price too.

Now, this isn't to say RGs aren't worth picking up. I have Freedom, RX-78-2, GP-01b, Strike, Destiny, RX-78-2 MkII (AEUG Colors), and will probably pick another one up this year at Otakon. They look amazing once put together. It's just that they don't like being moved around as much as HG models.

You will need some very thin scissors though. The exo-skeleton is a pain in the ass to get out.

The We Sing UK Hits Bundle was only $6 brand new on amazon and the Wii Speak was like new condition from them. The Sakura Wars is from a fellow CAG.
Hey Questyen, I was at Target earlier and I seen a clearance Wii game it was a Transformers game that game in a box and came with a toy car for like $21.xx is that something you have already?

Hey Questyen, I was at Target earlier and I seen a clearance Wii game it was a Transformers game that game in a box and came with a toy car for like $21.xx is that something you have already?
I do not. I'm actually not worrying about bundles with accessories/trinkets for my collection unless the game is somehow different. The only reason I bought this bundle is because it was priced cheaper than the game alone usually sells for. Good looking out though.

I just bought a lot of about 500 games(xbox 360, xbox, ps2, psp, gamecube) for about $800. Some highlights are 32 copies of super smash bros melee, 6 copies of Def Jam Fight for NY, along with other good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back