castlevania: dawn of
contra 4
9 doors (999)
yoshi's island
princess peach

PS3/360 games....

god of war ascension
mlb 13 the show
the walking dead: a telltale game (ps3)(disc)
prototype 2, (ps3 & 360)
dragons dogma (ps3)
x-com enemy unknown (ps3)
saints row the third (ps3)
ghostbusters (ps3)

BEST PICK UP'S !.....

SNES & N64 games...
(snes games first)

super castlevania
super metroid
donkey kong 1 2 & 3
super punch out
mario kart
mario all stars

N64 games...

mario kart
super mario 64
paper mario
yoshi story
mario party (1)
mystical ninja
starfox
golden eye
donkey kong 64
007 the world is not enough
namco museum
rampage
super man (lol)

and i know there are a few more but i cant remember. #my wallet is empty. lol

Some final March buys.

9EIhJmAl.jpg

E6LunZKl.jpg

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']where did you find the gamecube games?[/QUOTE]

Got them from a little chain store here in town called Disc Replay. They've usually got some great deals when it comes to last gen stuff. These Gamecube games are cheap, but I've picked up so many $2-3 PS2 games from there recently. Stuff like Ku-on, King's Field, Wizardry.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I'd also be interested to know how the game is. I haven't seen or heard a ton about it but the movie was

\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/
AWESOME!!!
\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/[/QUOTE]

It's kind of really awful. They used the arcade game excuse to make an arcade-looking game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NARk8J9OyAs

(If you haven't seen the movie, skip the intro, it spoils the ending of the movie)

[quote name='drtomoe123']Got them from a little chain store here in town called Disc Replay. They've usually got some great deals when it comes to last gen stuff. These Gamecube games are cheap, but I've picked up so many $2-3 PS2 games from there recently. Stuff like Ku-on, King's Field, Wizardry.[/QUOTE]

I love Disc Replay! Got a couple 3DS games there recently.

[quote name='DNukem170']Good job getting them for so cheap. Good luck getting the rest of the series.[/QUOTE]

As soon as I saw them at HPB, I knew that I had to get them, but I instantly felt a wave of anxiety because I doubt I'll ever run into the rest of them. Thank you, though! :)

Time for some pics, this includes 1/2 of Feb pick-ups also.

dv8 Mystery Boxes etc:
Big Box and small packet:
DSCI0001-1_zps21f14e31.jpg

DSCI0001-1_zpseb82ac13.jpg

DSCI0001-1_zps8827969e.jpg

Mystery Boxes from TLP's lowball:
DSCI0002_zps7e83e160.jpg

DSCI0001_zps26399d3c.jpg

DSCI0002_zps3ed8f23c.jpg

DSCI0005_zps5625a9b1.jpg

DSCI0001_zpsfdd5af7b.jpg

Also had some Kit-Kats and other snacks but those have been gone for a while ;)

Other lowball/ebay pick-ups:
-not pictured Alpha Protocol
DSCI0002_zpsafdf4670.jpg

DSCI0003_zpsa692ea8d.jpg

Movie Pick-ups:
DSCI0002_zpscbb40177.jpg

Video game pick-ups:
DSCI0004_zps234fe8fb.jpg

DSCI0005_zps74c84d07.jpg

DSCI0007_zps98e1df19.jpg

DSCI0008_zps0ad1de45.jpg

And finally my Tomb Raider pick-ups:
DSCI0010_zps4b177c24.jpg

2013-03-30_13-43-22_616_zps4d9a3bac.jpg

My gf got me this for my birthday. She got paid early because of the holidays, so we managed to take advantage of the 169.99 sale at Kmart. We also got $5 off our purchase, and a $5 gift card. Then paid for the games and some misc. separately (they were also on sale too) to get another $5 off and another $5 gift card.

2013-03-30_13-43-43_389_zps2a29d6ad.jpg

Registered my Games, and got the Star Fox64 D/L Code, and it also gave me exactly 1200 coins, so I ordered a Game and Watch, as well as hitting platinum for the year

2013-03-30_13-58-29_424_zps2bd8d54b.jpg

Also just got this in the mail a moment ago from 99gamers. complete/like new

Never posted in this thread, but since I bought some cool stuff this month, I figured I would share with everyone.

img0514fnf.jpg

I also picked up a sealed Xbox dvd remote kit, and a sealed PS3 MGS HD Collection, but those aren't terribly exciting.

For those asking about the Wreck It Ralph game, no, it doesn't have Fix It Felix on disc. Last I checked though, Fix It is still free in the App Store (search fix it felix, not wreck it ralph).

As for the Wii game, I disagree that it's terrible. For the $15 I paid, it's not bad. Nothing spectacular, just an average side scrolling platformer with a few unique features. I bought it more for the story continuation than the gameplay, but I do love side scrollers. I'm enjoying it.

[quote name='Scorch']It's kind of really awful. They used the arcade game excuse to make an arcade-looking game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NARk8J9OyAs

(If you haven't seen the movie, skip the intro, it spoils the ending of the movie)[/QUOTE]

It's meh. I wouldn't mind if the Game was more like the Tablet Versions. But with more Minigames and such.

[quote name='Danil ACE']Never posted in this thread, but since I bought some cool stuff this month, I figured I would share with everyone.

img0514fnf.jpg

I also picked up a sealed Xbox dvd remote kit, and a sealed PS3 MGS HD Collection, but those aren't terribly exciting.[/QUOTE]

wow, how much was that? I didn't know you could buy dev kits (wasn't some guy arested for trying to sell a supposed 720 one a few weeks back?).

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']wow, how much was that? I didn't know you could buy dev kits (wasn't some guy arested for trying to sell a supposed 720 one a few weeks back?).[/QUOTE]

I actually had to piece what you see in the photos together from multiple sellers. You can buy them if you can find them. The guy selling the 720 is supposedly a developer so he's breaking contract, and there's quite a large difference between a system which hasn't been officially announced and a system which is over a decade old.

[quote name='Danil ACE']I actually had to piece what you see in the photos together from multiple sellers. You can buy them if you can find them. The guy selling the 720 is supposedly a developer so he's breaking contract, and there's quite a large difference between a system which hasn't been officially announced and a system which is over a decade old.[/QUOTE]

I know, I'd just always heard that they had to be returned when they stop using them, regardless of age

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I know, I'd just always heard that they had to be returned when they stop using them, regardless of age[/QUOTE]

I've never seen or read the contracts, so I'm not sure of the details. But what I do know is that these systems were commonly sold when studios closed, or were given to employees after development ended. I am quite happy to have them, since they are rather rare and are a great bit of video game history (especially since the clear is a prototype).

If you look on eBay, you can similar stuff quite frequently. For whatever reason, most of such hardware on eBay is Playstation related.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Danil ACE']I've never seen or read the contracts, so I'm not sure of the details. But what I do know is that these systems were commonly sold when studios closed, or were given to employees after development ended. I am quite happy to have them, since they are rather rare and are a great bit of video game history (especially since the clear is a prototype).[/QUOTE]

Do you or does anyone know the story with the controllers with the green logo instead of the black one. I've seen them in game stores used before, but have never seen them new. Have no idea where they came from.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Do you or does anyone know the story with the controllers with the green logo instead of the black one. I've seen them in game stores used before, but have never seen them new. Have no idea where they came from.[/QUOTE]

Here's a link http://ptoponline.com/?p=108 .

There are also "S" controllers with a green jewel, but those are merely japanese controllers. They look cooler than the ones with the black logo, but they're relatively common.

http://xfusion2010.blogspot.com/2012/12/japanese-s-type-controller.html

[quote name='Danil ACE']Here's a link http://ptoponline.com/?p=108 .

There are also "S" controllers with a green jewel, but those are merely japanese controllers. They look cooler than the ones with the black logo, but they're relatively common.

http://xfusion2010.blogspot.com/2012/12/japanese-s-type-controller.html[/QUOTE]

Cool, I wish I bought it when I saw it, of course that was when OG Xbox was still being sold. Can't find another one :(

Yeah I know about the S. They even launched the Japanese version here in the States, I remember because I have one and bought it at Best Buy all those years ago.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']the one on the right looks cool, any early opinions?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='DNukem170']I thought Lain's Blu-ray transfer was god-awful?

EDIT: Wait, Iria is in a snapper case. How old is that one!?[/QUOTE]

The series itself is awesome, but as DNukem has noted the transfer was so-so, so if you wanted to get it the DVD version is just fine.

And yeah, the Iria snapper case is the original release, so it's pretty damn old, like mid 90's or so. XD

[quote name='Squarehard']The series itself is awesome, but as DNukem has noted the transfer was so-so, so if you wanted to get it the DVD version is just fine.[/QUOTE]
Is that just one portion of the boxed set?

[quote name='Squarehard']The series itself is awesome, but as DNukem has noted the transfer was so-so, so if you wanted to get it the DVD version is just fine.

And yeah, the Iria snapper case is the original release, so it's pretty damn old, like mid 90's or so. XD[/QUOTE]

Finally an anime thats in my price range:applause: I saw this on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Serial-Experi...3?ie=UTF8&qid=1364739795&sr=8-3&keywords=lain
Do you know how many dvds there are, this one says layers 1-4 (I don't understand anime grouping:whistle2:#)

[quote name='ZombieToast']Is that just one portion of the boxed set?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's an orphan blu-ray, but it was so cheap I just said what the hell considering how expensive all the other versions of the sets are.
[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Finally an anime thats in my price range:applause: I saw this on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Serial-Experi...3?ie=UTF8&qid=1364739795&sr=8-3&keywords=lain
Do you know how many dvds there are, this one says layers 1-4 (I don't understand anime grouping:whistle2:#)[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Kovorkian']Layers = seasons? nice price if so[/QUOTE]
There's only four DVDs in the set, and it's only one season, 13 episodes, but it's split up into 4 DVD volumes. You would have to watch the show to understand the layers reference. Anime likes to be tricky and use show references to name their individual volumes, and sometimes seasons. ;P

Didnt get much since i just got lasik.

I pick up:

x2 Marvel Avengers box set
NBA ballers kinect
08 macbook for $80 (flip)
white wii ($5 at a yard sale. broken wii senor. no plastic cover for GC ports)

Picked up a busted Nomad in a trade a few weeks back with a huge mess of other portables that need some serious love. Needless to say, it's no longer busted ;)

nomadx1_zps037ca641.jpg

nomadx2_zps2e2c651d.jpg

Went to 2 Walmarts on my way home from Easter at grandmas, no Luigis Mansion Dark Moon at either.......but i did watch some of the Wreck It Ralph bluray on the $4000 80in hdtv and then picked up the lonely Pikachu 3DSXL on the shelf. I have 3 sitting here.......hoarder!

[quote name='juangrande386']Went to 2 Walmarts on my way home from Easter at grandmas, no Luigis Mansion Dark Moon at either.......but i did watch some of the Wreck It Ralph bluray on the $4000 80in hdtv and then picked up the lonely Pikachu 3DSXL on the shelf. I have 3 sitting here.......hoarder![/QUOTE]

I've seen that 80 inch TV too. For $4,000 I'd rather buy two 70 inch TVs and rock the dual monitors.

Bought alot of stuff online this week but I went to the flea market and Gamestop today. My flea market was pretty dry for video game stuff except for a reseller there. Had a pretty frusterating experience with him :headache: Anyways found the Leaf Green and GBA SP charger for 10 together since I also bought an HDMI switch as well. Already picked up a Wii Fit and some Maddens to get the 50% bonus so I got Warhammer for 9 after 30% off. The pass works too. I also didn't want my home GS to be pissed at me for exploiting the Zelda trade in so I preordered BF4 for the free dogtag.
imag04071.jpg

[quote name='trollape74']Bought alot of stuff online this week but I went to the flea market and Gamestop today. My flea market was pretty dry for video game stuff except for a reseller there. Had a pretty frusterating experience with him :headache: Anyways found the Leaf Green and GBA SP charger for 10 together since I also bought an HDMI switch as well. Already picked up a Wii Fit and some Maddens to get the 50% bonus so I got Warhammer for 9 after 30% off. The pass works too. I also didn't want my home GS to be pissed at me for exploiting the Zelda trade in so I preordered BF4 for the free dogtag.
imag04071.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Am I the only one seeing a Battlefield condom:rofl:

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Am I the only one seeing a Battlefield condom:rofl:[/QUOTE]
That's what I thought when the guy at GS pulled that thing out. I just thought I was being immature :lol: I also very much enjoyed the shock on the GS cashier's face when I traded in my Zelda 3ds for 40 in credit .

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Am I the only one seeing a Battlefield condom:rofl:[/QUOTE]

Damn near everyday you make me see something that is pure gold :applause:

Didn't know about that dogtag though, I wanna go preorder BF4 now though!

[quote name='salty tbone']It was the game. Not the console.[/QUOTE]

HA okay! Cus I could totally see them giving you $40 for the system!.......but not for the game, thats pretty sweet actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back