The Official CAG March 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='NastyNin9']
img1338bc.jpg

SNES-Yard Sale $10 no power cord but tested and works. Came with Mortal Kombat 2, Super Mario All Stars, Super Mario World, Super Tennis, and two NHL games.

img1339ho.jpg

img1340ex.jpg

img1341qm.jpg

Consoles:
Dreamcast x2 - Yard sale $10 a piece. Came with a Tennis Game. Tested both, and they work.
Xbox - Flea market $10. Console only. Took a chance but it works.
Nintendo 64 - Yard Sale $10 came with a gameboy transfer unit, and has an expansion pack. Tested and works.
Playstation 2 -Yard Sale *Free* Came with two games and an empty GTA Vice City case. Games were a nascar game, and Bully.
GBA SP - Yard Sale *Free* no charger, had to buy one on ebay, but came with a Toy Story 2 GBC game. Tested and works.
Game Cube - Flea Market $25 came with a Gameboy player, memory card, two controllers (one generic) gameboy advance adapter, and E card reader.
Games:
Xbox Halo-Local store $15 pricey but wanted it fast
GC RE4-Cocal store $15 same as above
PS2 Midway Arcade Treasures 3- local store $3
PS2 Taito Legends 2-Local store $2
DC Expandable - Local Store $1
N64 Tony Hawks Pro Skater - Local Store $4
N64 The Legend Of Zelda OOT - Local Store $17
XBOX 360 Call of duty Black ops II - Craigslist $30 came in a redbox case lol[/QUOTE]

Holy COW! Someones been busy\\:D/

4E1508B0-3D6E-4DE2-B8B8-CDC862CDAC14-4535-000003A612CBC66C_zps44f30eb7.jpg

I didn't even know this got a reboot. Picked it up for $5 at People Play Games in Chicago.

E175027E-7F35-49A0-870D-1629AA911791-4535-000003A61F32FB6A_zpsf2519076.jpg

I also picked up a second Saturn control with these, but I forgot to put it in the picture. I'm particularly happy to get Sonic 3D Blast. I've been wanting to play that for a while now and never have.

3A707072-86B5-4E83-8D1C-51D0141A323B-4535-000003A61BA8FB86_zps7acffd17.jpg

This is from Newegg, from last year's $10 off all preorders promo.

47C4FA4A-F049-416B-943B-A3D7E74ECFDD-4535-000003A618368903_zps5827da67.jpg

Not technically a pick up, but boy was I happy to see this light. I got my 60 gb launch PS3 back from Gophermods today, and it's working perfectly. I know reflowing isn't a permanent fix, and fairly soon i'll be getting a slim or superslim and transferring everything over. But I really, really wanted my 60gb up and running again and i'm thrilled to have it working again.

7228F9FB-6E53-41CB-B8A7-F9980C29F459-4535-000003A71AB5815B_zpsf984e386.jpg

Not a game pickup, but this is what i'm most excited about! Got my Cubs tickets for this year! This year they came with a customized W flag, a season ticket holder exclusive card set, and a season ticket holder membership card (for discounts and what not at Wrigley). I know they're still re-building from the ground up after the old front office crapped themselves while trying to "upgrade" the 2008 division winning team, but I'm still really excited for the season. Can't wait to watch Rizzo and Castro continue to blossom into superstars.

[quote name='NastyNin9']
img1338bc.jpg

SNES-Yard Sale $10 no power cord but tested and works. Came with Mortal Kombat 2, Super Mario All Stars, Super Mario World, Super Tennis, and two NHL games.

img1339ho.jpg

img1340ex.jpg

img1341qm.jpg

Consoles:
Dreamcast x2 - Yard sale $10 a piece. Came with a Tennis Game. Tested both, and they work.
Xbox - Flea market $10. Console only. Took a chance but it works.
Nintendo 64 - Yard Sale $10 came with a gameboy transfer unit, and has an expansion pack. Tested and works.
Playstation 2 -Yard Sale *Free* Came with two games and an empty GTA Vice City case. Games were a nascar game, and Bully.
GBA SP - Yard Sale *Free* no charger, had to buy one on ebay, but came with a Toy Story 2 GBC game. Tested and works.
Game Cube - Flea Market $25 came with a Gameboy player, memory card, two controllers (one generic) gameboy advance adapter, and E card reader.
Games:
Xbox Halo-Local store $15 pricey but wanted it fast
GC RE4-Cocal store $15 same as above
PS2 Midway Arcade Treasures 3- local store $3
PS2 Taito Legends 2-Local store $2
DC Expandable - Local Store $1
N64 Tony Hawks Pro Skater - Local Store $4
N64 The Legend Of Zelda OOT - Local Store $17
XBOX 360 Call of duty Black ops II - Craigslist $30 came in a redbox case lol[/QUOTE]

Halo edition xbox for $10 is a steal. They easily go for $60+.

[quote name='Drclaw411']
Not a game pickup, but this is what i'm most excited about! Got my Cubs tickets for this year! This year they came with a customized W flag, a season ticket holder exclusive card set, and a season ticket holder membership card (for discounts and what not at Wrigley). I know they're still re-building from the ground up after the old front office crapped themselves while trying to "upgrade" the 2008 division winning team, but I'm still really excited for the season. Can't wait to watch Rizzo and Castro continue to blossom into superstars.[/QUOTE]

Thats a sweet set of Cubs season tickets! Do you ever get Bulls season tickets? I grew up loving the Bulls but ever since Rubio joined the T'wolves I've been a fan of both of those teams. The Magic are growing on me as well, finally went to my first game on Feb. 23rd...only took 8 years of playing and watching bball, played against my first NBA player well before I ever even saw a game live. :lol:

[quote name='PocketIguodala']Thats a sweet set of Cubs season tickets! Do you ever get Bulls season tickets? I grew up loving the Bulls but ever since Rubio joined the T'wolves I've been a fan of both of those teams. The Magic are growing on me as well, finally went to my first game on Feb. 23rd...only took 8 years of playing and watching bball, played against my first NBA player well before I ever even saw a game live. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Actually yes! We've had Bulls season tix for a while now, too. I usually don't post those in the pickups thread though because they don't come with anything special. Just in an envelope lol

What nba player did you play with?

picture.php

I figured that since I got a 3DS that I might as well get a 3DS game. I purchased Steeldiver and Pilotwings when they were on clearance before, but this is so much better.

picture.php

The MLP sets were $3 a piece at Toys R Us and the Legos were Buy One, Get One 50% Off at Toys R Us as well. (The other one I got at K-Mart)

I really like these creator toys. They're really cheap, fun and they're three toys in one.

From Target.

Nostalgic pick ups:

I picked these guys up from a toy show. Everything for $10. My cat is also refereeing the battle.

I bought these off of my brother. With these I finally have a complete base set and only missing a few for complete Jungle and Fossil sets! Charizard you are mine!

[quote name='DNukem170']
thorstaryamada.jpg

Surprised how fast MST3K came. Took only a couple days.[/QUOTE]

yamadas first time, i love ecchi shows.

Thought I post up stuff I've gotten so far this month.

WaVGFFSl.jpg

Here's some of the 3DS/DS games I got this month. Fire Emblem I got on release I'm posted these on another forum so some of these games I got a while back.

T2E1JOcl.jpg

Zelda and Monster Hunter were recieved last month but besides that I got all this this month. I don't know a lot of animes but Yu Yu Hakusho is one of my favorites so I had to pick the seasons up.

9QwyIPOl.jpg

The Ni No Kuni guide is old also but besides this all I picked up this month :D

I didn't show Super Ghouls n Golbins and Arkham City AE I forgot to put them in the pictures haha.

[quote name='kermit036']
I picked these guys up from a toy show. Everything for $10. My cat is also refereeing the battle.[/QUOTE]

Ha, I still have about half of those in storage.

Not sure if the auto-resize worked so I'm spoilering the pictures just in case.

sze6shK.jpg

ppuqqao.jpg

qdQJxrN.jpg

AXv3Qtt.jpg

I still need to pick up an Ikea Detolf case or something to properly display Bane and Batman.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Barney']an avatar fan :applause:[/QUOTE]

A little surprised they didn't send Part 2 as well, since it was supposed to be released the same day.

Also a little annoyed they aren't animating this. Would figured the search for Zuko's mom would be a TV movie or something.

They might decide to animate the Search. Chances are very slim, but they might. Anyway, looking forward to the return of Legend of Korra. :lol:

[quote name='Olengie']They might decide to animate the Search. Chances are very slim, but they might. Anyway, looking forward to the return of Legend of Korra. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Their taking their sweet ass time releasing the new season. With YJ and GL gone after 2 short seasons Avatar has to fill in my Saturday morning cartoon need (If im not at work).

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Their taking their sweet ass time releasing the new season. With YJ and GL gone after 2 short seasons Avatar has to fill in my Saturday morning cartoon need (If im not at work).[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. It'll probably run for another 13 Episodes or so and then go on Hiatus again. About 40-50ish episodes had been ordered, so it'll be a while before it'll get completed.

Yes indeed, R.I.P Young Justice and Green Lantern. Star Wars the Clone Wars is also slated to be cancelled due to Disney and stuff. Hopefully they get picked up again, or may end up like Thunder Cats.

Had a lot of pick ups in the last week, hopefully I'll have some pictures today or tomorrow.

Airflow 360 controller
Blue 3DS XL
Rayman Origins 3DS
Super Mario 3D Land
Adventure Time Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal our Garbage?!

I was in my local Target today before work and happened to see a ME3 CE, and curious I looked and it was only $20, so I snagged it. I'm not sure how rare this one actually is, and I haven't decided if I want to play it or sell it...it seems to be going for around 60-80, anyone know?

got this from best buy to hold all my vita games. it was the starter kit. came with a case , card holder and cloth. I think was like 3 dollars.
2013-03-28_08-39-51_344_zpsd6548f8c.jpg

2013-03-28_08-39-21_201_zps3e6a085a.jpg

was complete and 5 dollars cant complain
2013-03-28_08-38-56_640_zpsf66b3e2a.jpg

this was from best buy sale last week
2013-03-28_08-37-45_655_zpsb33bfe16.jpg

[quote name='dan13l858']
1364445443_zps85e59a18.jpg

Oh yeah[/QUOTE]
Didn't UDON confirm they were going to release the brand new artbook Japan got that covers both MM and MMX?

Don't know what it is but I've been in quite a spending craze this last month. Have had a bit more to spend then usual thanks to me selling some stuff I haven't been using. Heres my latest pick ups from the last few days.

FYE was having a Buy one get 1 used 50 % off sale so I used the opportunity to get Wreck It Ralph and Schindlers List as I have been wanting them both for some time. I also got Zelda in from one of the lowballs on here.
PDttsKQ.jpg

I also got Gradius III and Super R-Type from a fellow CAG. Been slowly rebuilding my SNES collection so these added to it.
7jO1qcJ.jpg

Finally been going back and getting some of the 360 games I missed out on. Mostly some RPGs and Shmups but I figured I'd grab Bayonetta so I am ready for Bayonetta 2 when it drops on the WiiU.
c9tPR4v.jpg

People seem to be posting the tamer side of the Neptunia SE, so I'll post the other side.

picture.php

picture.php

I got this stuff from a flea market on my way back from an interview the other day. I was pretty excited to find Kirby for a reasonable price! I didn't know what the other game was, but its Hydilide 3. I thought it said "Hydlide," buy I wasn't sure and took the risk. (It's an RPG, so I can't really play it)

picture.php

[quote name='KillerRamen']People seem to be posting the tamer side of the Neptunia SE, so I'll post the other side.

+pics removed+

I got this stuff from a flea market on my way back from an interview the other day. I was pretty excited to find Kirby for a reasonable price! I didn't know what the other game was, but its Hydilide 3. I thought it said "Hydlide," buy I wasn't sure and took the risk. (It's an RPG, so I can't really play it)

picture.php
[/QUOTE]

Is that a CIB Swordquest Fireworld? jealous

all these giant updates make me feel so inadequate lol Just a question for Squarehard: when do you freaking find the time to watch all this anime? Please don't tell me you just collect it, I want to think you have some incredible spreadsheet organizing it all :whee:

[quote name='Drclaw411']Actually yes! We've had Bulls season tix for a while now, too. I usually don't post those in the pickups thread though because they don't come with anything special. Just in an envelope lol

What nba player did you play with?[/QUOTE]

Oh dang, that's pretty awesome! I would definitely be interested in seeing some pics from the games if you ever snap any! :D

Well me and Austin Rivers played each other the summer before our junior year in high school started. I live just north of Tampa and my school always played in a summer tournament at USF and Winter Park showed up that summer. Unfortunately we lost 77 to 25 and we went on to an 8-14 season in which we went 8-1 at home and 0-14 on neutral courts and road games...:drool:

I always just finished playing in a mens league that Anthony Parker supposedly plays in every other year. Also, the team that knocked us out of the playoffs is led by a guy whose brothers are in the NBA (Stephen and Joey Graham.) I also knew that guy from when I played high school ball because he also refs. Pretty interesting stuff :lol:

[quote name='Tsukento']Didn't UDON confirm they were going to release the brand new artbook Japan got that covers both MM and MMX?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about the new re-release of the art book but I know the new USB mega buster comes with a PDF file of the out of print book. For 15 dollars, it's not a bad deal for a book worth over a 100 dollars right now.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Just a question for Squarehard: when do you freaking find the time to watch all this anime? Please don't tell me you just collect it, I want to think you have some incredible spreadsheet organizing it all :whee:[/QUOTE]

Dunno about Squarehard, but I have over a dozen series and over a dozen movies I still have to watch. And it's about to grow once baseball season starts. I still have stuff from Black Friday I need to watch.

[quote name='DNukem170']Dunno about Squarehard, but I have over a dozen series and over a dozen movies I still have to watch. And it's about to grow once baseball season starts. I still have stuff from Black Friday I need to watch.[/QUOTE]

Its not much different here. I just broke 220 blu rays and have probably only watched at most half of them.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']all these giant updates make me feel so inadequate lol Just a question for Squarehard: when do you freaking find the time to watch all this anime? Please don't tell me you just collect it, I want to think you have some incredible spreadsheet organizing it all :whee:[/QUOTE]
There's really only so much time in a day, so there will obviously be a backlog of stuff.

To be fair too though I've seen the majority of things I own already, so it's not like I'm starting from scratch watching everything over (although I do, do that occasionally) from the beginning. I just have so much stuff though no matter how much I've watched, there's bound to be something unwatched, and combined with ongoing series my time is generally spent.

[quote name='DNukem170']Dunno about Squarehard, but I have over a dozen series and over a dozen movies I still have to watch. And it's about to grow once baseball season starts. I still have stuff from Black Friday I need to watch.[/QUOTE]

Always following series with each season as usual. Winter season series almost over, so now the spring series are about to begin, and I already have over a dozen marked to be my bitch when they start. ;D

I have returned from the grave of unknown CAGs to post my pickups for March.

YDFUbaj.jpg

If that doesn't work:
Fire Emblem Awakening
Etrian Odyssey 4
Gates to Infinity
LM: Dark Moon
Tetris Axis
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Mario Party DS
New Super Mario Bros. DS
Pokemon Conquest
Pokemon Soul Silver
Pokemon White
Pokemon White V2
Red 3DS XL that I got with PERFECT timing: I couldn't return it to GameStop in the 7 days by the time I heard about the Target deal. :wall:

Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon, Chrono Trigger DS, and Kingdom Hearts Re:coded will be here soon. Woo for the GameStop B2G1 DS promo! :whee:

Just a couple digital "pick-ups" to close out the month:

de Blob 2 for $3.75 on PSN
Super Punch-Out! for $1.33 from FBI's Lowball
Toy Soldiers and The Maw free from a fellow CAG (thanks a ton:bouncy:)
Assassin's Creed III FREE from China's Xbox.com
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light free from Japan's TombRaider Promo

Not super exciting maybe, but still;) Nice 3DS/DS haul Biblio:D

Does that game have Fix It Felix Jr in it? I played the arcade game yesterday, it was entertaining to say the least.

[quote name='Drclaw411']
EAC228F0-A319-4030-8174-82DEEAEEF984-6267-000005F3DCFF032A_zpsf82fbf33.jpg
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Drclaw411']
EAC228F0-A319-4030-8174-82DEEAEEF984-6267-000005F3DCFF032A_zpsf82fbf33.jpg
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='skiizim']Does that game have Fix It Felix Jr in it? I played the arcade game yesterday, it was entertaining to say the least.[/QUOTE]

I'd also be interested to know how the game is. I haven't seen or heard a ton about it but the movie was

\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/
AWESOME!!!
\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/

[quote name='DNukem170']Only one item today:

20130329_201243-1.jpg

Now I can sell my Complete Collection boxset.[/QUOTE]
I'm still mad about how the day I got paid was the same day everyone decided to jack up the prices for the boxset. It and 0079 are the only two Gundam series' I need to get (Unicorn I can do without because that damn series is too pricey for what it is). Grabbed 0080, 0083, G and Wing before they all went out of stock.

[quote name='Tsukento']I'm still mad about how the day I got paid was the same day everyone decided to jack up the prices for the boxset. It and 0079 are the only two Gundam series' I need to get (Unicorn I can do without because that damn series is too pricey for what it is). Grabbed 0080, 0083, G and Wing before they all went out of stock.[/QUOTE]

I had gotten all the box sets when they were first released (my 08th MS Team one is even autographed by Michelle Ruff) but a combination of wanting to save shelf space and the high price left me trying to grab the singles. This is the last piece. Just happened to stumble into it on Half.com for less than $10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back