The Official CAG May 2012 Pick-Ups Thread

My big pickup for the month came today! Thanks to one of Amazon's random re-stocks of about 20-30 units...

Amazon packaged it in an outer brown shipping box, but the damage to the original was already done from when Valve shipped to Amazon. The retail box was beat to shit, but honestly, I don't care. Planned on opening anyway and (i know this is terribly nerdy) I almost (almost...) like it better with the dents and packaging stickers because it looks like it was sent to me from aperture.

2b44a20d.jpg

And the opened product...
864fe131.jpg

Extremely pleased with it. NECA has a new customer if there stuff is always as nice as this. The thing is so sleek and somehow the white plastic leaves no fingerprints. Really excited about this. The gun surpassed than my expectations.

This thing gave me an idea...somebody should invent an iphone app that lets you take portal pictures. Anyway, i'd recommend staying away from ebay prices. As cool as this thing is, MSRP is just the right price point. I HIGHLY recommend anybody who missed out to jump on the P-Body edition. If it's half as good as the Chell edition, it'll be well worth the price.

[quote name='Squarehard']
photoekb.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I think we should change the thread name to "The Official Squarehard Anime Pick-Up Thread" lol. I'm not hating on you, i wish I had an anime collection that massive. I just don't know a lot about most of the ones out there, but if I do, I know who to ask!

Here's my most recent stuff.

2012-05-14_13-36-46_734.jpg

Ice Climbers from one trade, the rest from another. FFII is missing the manual, so I'll be on the lookout for one of those now.

2012-05-14_13-41-43_360.jpg

The last half of a trade with a fellow CAG.

2012-05-14_13-43-42_204.jpg

My latest retail purchases from Best Buy. I made sure to include my cat frolicking in a box in the background.

Here is my pickup dump for the past two weeks or so.

I had a pretty good start out to the flea market season.

Close up of the crappy PS1 games
The PS1 games I am keeping.

I got all the above for $35 from one guy. Everything works! which really surprised me since I have no luck with 32x's. Now for the rest of the flea market.

Non video game pickups

D&D trading cards.
After the flea market I traded some of the games I just picked up to a guy who posted he wanted to trade video game stuff for these. Trade up!

Finally have two of these now. Found at a thrift store.

And because these art books are just so cool!

Got in a trade from a fellow CAG. I can't remember if I already posted this so I will put it in a spoiler.

I look forward to the rest of summer. =)

[quote name='Squarehard']I do indeed like me some anime. :3[/QUOTE]
Not sure how you have time to watch it all. :lol:

Between movies, games, and tv shows my backlogs just seem to keep growing. Granted I am away from home a lot for work, but even if I weren't I don't think I'd eliminate my whole backlog. :cry:

Skylanders Mega Pack $50 from Bestbuy

SAM_0815.jpg

Skylanders Ignitor pack for $20 from Amazon.
B2G1: Killzone 2,Resistance 2 and Assasin's Creed 2 from Bestbuy and Rachet from Target.

SAM_0816.jpg

Some Bluray movies from Bestbuy and Amazon sale

SAM_0814.jpg

[quote name='pjb16']Not sure how you have time to watch it all. :lol:

Between movies, games, and tv shows my backlogs just seem to keep growing. Granted I am away from home a lot for work, but even if I weren't I don't think I'd eliminate my whole backlog. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I do indeed have a sizeable backlog, but as of late I've been watching a ton of anime since it's so much easier to just have it on in the backgrounds while I study or do homework, so surprisingly I am able to get through quite a good amount of the anime I have. But yeah, backlog galore.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Some deliveries for the Month.

NUsuE.jpg

bjqUM.jpg

1lcv7.jpg
[/QUOTE]

really nice pick ups, i need to get that hell yeah cover. I hear alot of good things about chew i should try it out, is there something special about issue 24

The entire series is great. There's a great story in 24. These are special as there was only 500 printed of this cover and the majority of them were signed at the expo. These 3 brings my total up to 7 copies. 2 personalized, 4 unsigned, 1 9.8 blue label sitting at CGC. I'm a chew freak, you can see my run over in the comics thread.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']The entire series is great. There's a great story in 24. These are special as there was only 500 printed of this cover and the majority of them were signed at the expo. These 3 brings my total up to 7 copies. 2 personalized, 4 unsigned, 1 9.8 blue label sitting at CGC. I'm a chew freak, you can see my run over in the comics thread.[/QUOTE]

ive only been reading the newer image titles, i should read their older series. Image has been killing it with their new titles. wanted to get Hardcore #1 this week but sold out at midtown, have to see and get it at the top cow store

2012-05-21_09-51-39_491.jpg

Tomb Raider from Best Buy for $9.55, Max Payne 3 from Amazon, Mario Party 9 from AWD (although I think I might just return and buy a new copy, as it doesn't have the original case or Nintendo Registration card), the NES games were from somone on Reddit for $35, and Mercury from a yard sale for $3.

Records:
2012-05-21_10-11-30_321.jpg

In my hunt for video games at yard sales, I came across a nice set of records at about $3-5 a piece. There were 17 total, and these were the main 12 I wanted. I figured I'd be better off just offering for the lot, so I asked for $25.

She says "Did you add up all the prices?" and proceeds to start adding them up. After about the 6th record she just looks up and says "Oh no, I would definitely need more money than $25... how about $30?" I was completely expecting her to say $75 or something, but for $30, I was very comfortable getting a ton of my favorite classic rock albums.

/ [quote name='Drclaw411']Found this one disc only at a garage sale. Tested and works in the wii, didn't test it in the Cubs though. Paid $3.00 for it.

94ef4988.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Wow, why is that game worth so much?

20120523025921.jpg

Blue Chrome controller was a birthday gift from a friend who happens to be the sweetest girl in the world. Spends more money on me than what I'm worth.

DoDonPachi Resurrection came from TheHut

Pretty nerd-excited about this one. Been trying to track one of these bad boys down since I was a kid. Only now, I won't be opening it up. Mint on card White Blaster Beetleborg :D

5c9d662d.jpg

Oh wow, I forgot about Beetleborgs! My pops bought me a gold one when I was like 5 instead of watching some old halloween movie they were playing at some Halloween event when I lived in Baltimore. :)

[quote name='Luxuria']^ I used to freaking love that show when I was a kid. Big, bad, Beetleborgs![/QUOTE]

I believe the full series is up on netflix now too if you wanted to rewatch it.

[quote name='DCpinoy']I believe the full series is up on netflix now too if you wanted to rewatch it.[/QUOTE]

Off to join netflix! :D

[quote name='Zaku77']The Beetleborg is awesome! haha. Now, get a laugh out of my extreme misfortune..[/QUOTE]

Holy fuck that sucks. I'm sorry that some jackass would do such a thing. Props to you for having such a calm (and somewhat comical) response to that (at least in the video).;)

I'd be curious to hear whatever happens with that whole situation. Post when you have updates!

I'll definitely post updates on it. What an annoying assed situation, though. The month+ wait makes it that much worse!

No picture but I went to Best Buy today to get Star Wars Force Unleashed 1 & 2 for $7.99 and also picked up Wolfenstein and Beatles Rock Band 75% off.

Wolfenstein was $7.50 and Beatles $3.75 both new.

[quote name='Zaku77']Heard back from the seller already. He's offering me a refund. Thank God![/QUOTE]

Good for you AND good on the seller for making it right.

However, I wished that this would end with the douche who stole the steelbook getting what he deserves.

Unless I feel like driving halfway across the country, or the seller wants to fly over the ocean, there's really nothing anyone can do. haha

Buy 2 Get 1 Free! Didn't know Resident Evil 4 had a steelbook, but I was very happy to find it at Gamestop in great shape. Also very glad to find Yakuza 2 in store since the eBay prices are ridiculous.

Ghost Recon Future Soldier, and Dragon's Dogma bought with Amazon credit should be here Wednesday. Memorial Day messed up the shipping.

picsteel001.jpg

• Max Payne 3, and Starhawk bought with Gamestop credit. Love both, but I like Warhawk more than Starhawk.
  • Prototype is pretty good, and I love the steelbook for it! Just wish they had the PS3 size instead of the 360 one in stock.
  • Had to get Republic Commando after tooshorty6432168 posted it since I totally forgot about that game! Neverdead for $20, I ended up liking mediocre games this year like Raccoon City, and NG3 so why not try it.
  • Found Force Unleashed 2 steelbook at Gamestop!
picsteel002.jpg

Steelbooks! Thanks to Best Buy, and ssjmichael for posting about them!

picsteel006.jpg

picsteel007.jpg

bread's done
Back