The Official CAG May 2012 Pick-Ups Thread

I picked up this this month...

DSC_0491.jpg

DSC_0492.jpg

I only picked up the rack and shelves (and APC unit) this month.

Also have two Mirage OMD-28's coming in and an Emotiva XPA-2 on the way.

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']
2012-05-24150059.jpg

Found this HP 2010i 20" monitor for $30. This is gonna be so useful since I use Photoshop and other Adobe programs a lot.[/QUOTE]

Very nice monitor, amazing pickup for 30 bucks! :D

^Didn't know about the Rayman one. I had the Star Fox one and maybe the Banjo one of those VHS preview tapes.

Can't remember at the moment if I had the Diddy Kong Racing one. LOL, those were the days when game trailers were on VHS tapes.

[quote name='Drclaw411']My buddy was gonna throw these old promo VHS's out. I was glad to take them off his hands.

4ed82d4b.jpg
[/QUOTE]
lol i remember those. I got sent the banjo one as a kid. I remember thinking how cool it was to be sent gameplay trailers.

I had a Majora's mask/Banjo Tooie one when I was little. I went to look for it and can't find it, I think it got tossed out when I moved. :( This also the infamous move where I lost the box and manual for basically every major first party Nintendo 64 game ;(

I had one of those for Star Fox 64. That was the shit. These Sony and Sega reps captured the Nintendo guy and started torturing a stuffed Mario doll to get him to reveal the secrets of the N64.

[quote name='AugustAPC']I had one of those for Star Fox 64. That was the shit. These Sony and Sega reps captured the Nintendo guy and started torturing a stuffed Mario doll to get him to reveal the secrets of the N64.[/QUOTE]

I honestly still pop that one in every now and then when I find a working VCR as it is an absolute riot.

As for my most recent pickups...

2012-05-28_21-58-18_644.jpg

I swung by some random thrift store when I was away this weekend. I ended up getting the lot for $20, of which I was extremely pleased with. There were quite a few PS2s and GBCs I think I need to go back and pick up given how cheap items were being sold.

2012-05-28_22-02-51_101.jpg

ME CE from goHastings for extremely cheap, and the other two from Gamestop for $20ish combined.

2012-05-28_22-00-17_878.jpg

Both from yard sales for $1 a piece; ignore the attention whore demon spawn. I actually got this exact same CD case about 10 years ago from a KMart for $5, and I have always regretted not getting more. Finding one for just $1 was like a teenage fantasy come true. As for the Nerf gun, I believe anyone at any age can appreciate a bad ass toy.

^ "...ignore the attention whore demon spawn."

I LOL'd at that. Anyway, pick ups from May that comes to mind are Starhawk, Akai Katana, and Time Crisis: Razing Storm that now sit in my growing backlog.

Picked up Guild Wars Eye Of The North Pre-Release Bonus Pack for 36 cents from Target today, nothing special but was surprised to pick it up for 36 cents :p

Gamestop:
:ps3: Bejeweled 3= $9.99

Amazon(bought in April, delivered this month):
:ps2: SMT: Digital devil Saga= $19.99
:ps2: SMT: Digital devil Saga 2= $19.99

Sears(clearance):
:360: Forza 4= 24.97

Kmart(clearance):
:ds: Brain Age= $6.99

[quote name='Zaku77']Unless I feel like driving halfway across the country, or the seller wants to fly over the ocean, there's really nothing anyone can do. haha[/QUOTE]
Hopefully the seller can pester eBay into charging the guy for the SC4. It's a longshot, but stranger things have happened.

bread's done
Back