The Official CAG September 2011 Pick-Ups Thread "Party Rock Hamster" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='tooshorty6432168']Nice find on Gods Eater Burst, but damn dude, I wish I had money like that to toss around on more retail stuff lol.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Only found it on the fourth Best Buy I visited, but my son wanted it for his B-day, so glad to have finally found it new. Sad thing, he would have taken the Gamestop "new" copy we saw last month, but I just couldn't do that to him, lol.

[quote name='GreenSpark']Thanks. Only found it on the fourth Best Buy I visited, but my son wanted it for his B-day, so glad to have finally found it new. Sad thing, he would have taken the Gamestop "new" copy we saw last month, but I just couldn't do that to him, lol.[/QUOTE]
Glad to see you're raising him up right :lol:

Got this today!!!!

SAM_0340-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got these two promo posters from Comic-Con 2009 in the mail today from an Ebay seller. They are for Joss Whedon and Drew Goddards The Cabin in the Woods that's (supposedly) being released next year. The posters were obviously produced before the release of the movie was delayed multiple times because of the 2-5-10 on the bottom. Pretty neat IMO.

2vb5rok.jpg

[quote name='Darknuke']U got Lion King REALLY early... Where? How?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the PO case, but if you do want it early, Amazon.fr has been selling the French Blu since August 24. Dunno if it's region free or not.

Some cheap(er) games I missed out on having been unemployed for so long:

RIpQg.jpg

And I was finally able to replace the game I most regretted trading:

NEem0.jpg

:D

[quote name='Survivalism']Some cheap(er) games I missed out on having been unemployed for so long:

RIpQg.jpg

And I was finally able to replace the game I most regretted trading:

NEem0.jpg

:D
[/QUOTE]
U unemployed? Sorry to hear that. What were u doing before?

I'm finally not unemployed after about two years. Before that I had a really great job at a clothing store that forgot to tell me they only needed me for two weeks, then my entire city pretty much went out of business. So now that I'm working again I'm kind of in the process of buying all the crap like Tenchu that I missed out on in the past few years.

I'd really like to start a PSP collection but I figure it's going to be obsolete in a couple months.

I'll edit my post later with pictures.

Radiant Silvergun XBLA
Persona 4 + Guide
Audiotechnica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones
Astro A40 Headset

And finally, as an awesome surprise thanks to....a Facebook advertisement..., front row balcony seat to Final Fantasy Distant Worlds in Pittsburgh on Feb 25th. Finally get to see it, and locally!

[quote name='Survivalism']I'm finally not unemployed after about two years. Before that I had a really great job at a clothing store that forgot to tell me they only needed me for two weeks, then my entire city pretty much went out of business. So now that I'm working again I'm kind of in the process of buying all the crap like Tenchu that I missed out on in the past few years.

I'd really like to start a PSP collection but I figure it's going to be obsolete in a couple months.[/QUOTE]

Great to hear that u landed a job. The news said that unemployment is on the rise again. What new job u got now?

The psp has some good game, but better off with the release of vita

[quote name='The Punisher']Great to hear that u landed a job. The news said that unemployment is on the rise again.[/QUOTE]
It never stopped being on the rise where I live... Actually, nevermind, I just looked it up and I guess we went down to 15.5%. A bit better than the previous 18%, but still pretty bad. I haven't even been able to line up an interview in over two years. I really regret ever going to college.

[quote name='eddie291']Went ahead and picked up a red 3DS and Zelda: OoT.

imag0052t.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Wow, at first glance I thought that was a silhouette of Navi on the system top :bouncy:

How do you use the D-pad? That looks pretty awkward to use, but then again, the D-pad wasn't used much for N64 games.

[quote name='The Punisher']Great to hear that u landed a job. The news said that unemployment is on the rise again. What new job u got now?

The psp has some good game, but better off with the release of vita[/QUOTE]

I'm rockin' McDonald's. It's not glamorous, but it's not bad, either.

I'm undecided on the PSP. There are a lot of games I still want to play. There's a white Darth Vader PSP on Craigslist for $85, if it's still there on payday I might have to pull the trigger on it.

Really wanted to post this in the figure thread, but can't seem to find it anymore... Possibly deleted I suppose.
Anyway, not games or anything, but I can finally unveil my 100% complete BRS shelf!
The final figure finally made it in today and I had put up the background posters I had printed up from fellow CAG thelonepig last month.
It's normally a brown shelf, but I decorated it over many hours. Still, it isn't perfect and, as you can probably see, a little brown peeks through at the top, so I need to work on that, but still, I love it!

Work that went into it:
- Cut individual colored masking tape squares for the floor and the ceiling. (approx 4 hours)
- Poster hanging (approx 45 minutes)
- Building the stand for the back row of figures out of wood, more colored tape and wood glue (approx 2 hours)
- Properly arranging the figures to get the maximum usage of space while still staying pleasing to my eye (approx 30 minutes)

These may come out large if CAg doesn't auto-resize.
100_2094.jpg

100_2095.jpg

100_2096.jpg

100_2098.jpg

100_2099.jpg

100_2101.jpg

100_2102.jpg

100_2103.jpg

100_2104.jpg

100_2106.jpg

100_2107.jpg

100_2105.jpg

[quote name='Survivalism']I'm rockin' McDonald's. It's not glamorous, but it's not bad, either.

I'm undecided on the PSP. There are a lot of games I still want to play. There's a white Darth Vader PSP on Craigslist for $85, if it's still there on payday I might have to pull the trigger on it.[/QUOTE]

$85 is not a bad price. I feel u on the job thing. What college major were u going forand what college? These days a degree in any college is almost like a regular high school. Not saying anything bad, but its not like it was back in the day. More and more people going to college. I know people that has a degree and doing nothing with it.

McDonald is not bad and more power to u. Do whatever u have to do until u land something better. Im too been working since i was 14 doing phone books, newpapers, cut the grass, house stuff. I also work at BK, McD,etc.
With these hard times, take whatever u can get. Shoot, its better then being homeless

McDonalds is not anyone's dream job but you can do okay there. Nothing wrong with that.

I knew someone who worked there for several years after college.

[quote name='jer7583']McDonalds is not anyone's dream job but you can do okay there. Nothing wrong with that.

I knew someone who worked there for several years after college.[/QUOTE]
I work in a "real" restaurant and honestly I don't see how there can be any difference between the two.

Here are most of the games I picked up in the last 2 months.

I was running around to various BBV to pick up some games during the B1G1 sale.
photo-9.jpg

I couldn't resist the GS PS2 B2G2 sale. The selection of complete games is rapidly dwindling at my local GS. I might as well try and buy as many complete PS2 games as possible before all these PS2 games are gone.

photo-1-1.jpg

photo-2-1.jpg

Not pictured are the disc only games: Drakengard 2, Jade Cocoon 2, Samurai Western, Way of the Samurai 2, Forever Kingdom, Mark of Kri, Return of Kasai, Trapt, Adventures of Darwin, Metropolismania 1 & 2, Legend of Kay & Mad Maestro!

With all the GS trade-in promos, I have been finding and buying random complete games for my ever growing collection.

I had a B2G1 coupon for renewing my PUR so I used it on this set of games.
photo-3-1.jpg

Here are my random GS pickups:
photo-4-1.jpg

This is 1 of my favorite threads on CAG. I've always enjoyed seeing and reading about what other CAGs have bought recently.

Count me in on the Deus Ex bandwagon as well. My friend got me one as an early Birthday present.

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

Otherwise, besides Deus Ex the stuff I bought past week includes.

-Dead Space 2: Collectors Edition - $30
-Anthrax: Worship Music - $10
-4 HDMI cables - $4 total
-Superman: Earth One - $11

A bit of everything. Went to this garage sale the day after it started. Picked all five up for $50. Burning Fight and Baseball Stars 2 have everything, including original receipts from Babbages haha. Samurai Spirits and the Fatal Fury Special are Japanese. To say the least I am quite happy ;)
IMAG0231.jpg

Picked all this up for $2 at a flea market

And these wind up Mr. and Mrs. Pacman for $1. (there are ghosts in their mouths you can see when their mouths open when they walk)

Here are some PS2 pickup to fill in the gaps in my collection. Both are from ebay.
IMAG0232.jpg

I don't normally pick up walk throughs/ strategy guides but these were the right price (about $7 each) and they are also art books kinda.
IMAG0240.jpg

Also here are some comic books I also picked up. An almost complete run of Cheval Noir (very cool. Moebius and Jacques Tardi stuff). Orc Stain (like Where's Waldo on a badass acid trip.) And the first issue of Bonnie Lass, great art nouveau pirate punk story/style (did they make up a new genre?? haha)
IMAG0235.jpg

Squarember

neat.jpg

FFXIII-2 Artplate from Square Enix Members

khkheverywhere.jpg

Bunch of Kingdom Hearts guides:
Birth By Sleep & 358/2 Days were from Boarder's 70% clearance sale.
KH II Collector's Edition and standard edition were from GoHastings. I actually meant to pick up the collector's edition and KH 1's guide.. but I fucked up and ordered these two. At least I got the collector's edition cover that I wanted.

Picked up the games for the heck of it too. Figured I might as well roll with the theme. Oh, and some random Square Enix preorder bonuses.

bestpickupever.jpg

BEST fuckING PICKUP EVER!
Also, more random Square Enix preorder bonuses from Square Enix Members.

BTW, CHECK OUT MY KICKASS SHEETS.

Hell yeah!

THOSE SHEETS AND ALL THAT KINGDOM HEARTS STUFF; I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN HANDLE ALL THE WOMEN THAT WILL BE THROWING THEMSELVES AT ME SOON.

[quote name='ya0']wow das gdlk!! @RabbitSuit

finally pick up a game lol its been a while[/QUOTE]

Where did Mayuushi come from?! (amiami or HLJ I'm sure, I just didn't realize there was Steins;Gate merchandise yet :lol:)

111_1847.jpg

NES/SNES stuff are flea market finds. Super Empire Strikes Back!

GBA games came from ebay. I waited MONTHS for a complete copy of Car Battler Joe to surface. In case you're wondering about Pocket Professor, it might be an extremely rare GBA game.

111_1848.jpg

Combination of vintage store finds and flea market pickups. Really happy to have Darkstalkers and MvC2 in the library finally, I refuse to pay ebay prices for vintage Capcom games, lol.

111_1849.jpg

$9 from a game store! I never thought I'd own this, much less for that price. It's not exactly easy to find cheaply because online prices will always be hugely inflated by shipping costs. It's pretty big and weighty.

DSCI0058.jpg

JSRF double pack from a pawn shop, the N64 Superpad and Monty Python were from a local thrift, the Genesis games (all complete except Mortal Kombat) were $1.99 each from Goodwill, and the other two from Gamestop. Somebody canceled their Dead Island preorder, freeing up a LE copy for me :D

That's the SuperPad. I've got the same controller for my N64 and it works great, especially when you need to switch between the d-pad and analog stick. It also has a special "slow motion" mode in which the controller quickly pauses and unpauses the game over and over. It's pretty pointless, but I used to have fun with it.

I actually was wondering if anybody knew, there's no SuperPad logo on it, and the back has a Blockbuster logo sticker that's definitely meant to be invthe niche it's stuck in. Kinda strange.

Must just a be a custom sticker they printed up for the controller (or a coincidence); that's definitely the SuperPad. As much as I love the behemoth standard controller, this is the best N64 controller I've ever used. Very ergonomic in my opinion.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Must just a be a custom sticker they printed up for the controller (or a coincidence); that's definitely the SuperPad. As much as I love the behemoth standard controller, this is the best N64 controller I've ever used. Very ergonomic in my opinion.[/QUOTE]
I'd been keeping an eye out for one, and it's definitely much more comfortable as I'd expected. I was never a fan of the normal N64 controller.

[quote name='KillerRamen']
picture.php

It's been awhile since I've posted anything, but here is some stuff I just got. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
What phone is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back