The Official CAG September 2011 Pick-Ups Thread "Party Rock Hamster" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='RabbitSuit']Hell yeah!

THOSE SHEETS AND ALL THAT KINGDOM HEARTS STUFF; I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN HANDLE ALL THE WOMEN THAT WILL BE THROWING THEMSELVES AT ME SOON.
[/QUOTE]You should see my Kingdom Hearts stuff. ;)

Some of my September pick-ups, which I usually just stick to blogging about.

Sept1buys2011.jpg

Bandai Entertainment sale online

Sept2buys2011.jpg

NIS America order of Disgaea 4 Premium Edition w/ all figures and soundtrack

Sept3buys2011.jpg

Manga purchased at Borders

Sept5buys2011.jpg

Shirts, some stuff I bought at Borders, and PSN card I got for my birthday

Sept6buys2011.jpg

Toradora! and Resistance 3

Sept7buys2011.jpg

New posters I picked up which I just recently framed

Sept8buys2011.jpg

Mario hoodie. I got Persona 3 cheap on PS2 at Sears while traveling to PA, along with sackboy keychain and used cheap Gintama

Sept9buys2011.jpg

More Borders pick-ups of manga and Third Birthday guide

Sept10buys2011.jpg

More Borders stuff + Toradora!! Part 2

Sept13buys2011.jpg

Air Gear (SAVE), K-ON! Vol. 3 blu-ray, WKC II, and GoW Origins

Sept15buys2011.jpg

Ga-Rei Zero, Gundam Seed Destiny TV Movie part 4, and PS Move Heroes cheap.

Sept18buys2011.jpg

Probably my new favorite Kingdom Hearts shirt

Sept20buys2011.jpg

FMA OVA, SMT Persona 2 Innocent Sin, Rurouni Kenshin Reflections (already got Trust & Betrayal back in August), Eureka Seven soundtrack, and all Gundam 00 Season 2 DVDs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mostly from September but I think I got some late August too.

First 2 goodwill finds. I paid $3 each
goodwill.jpg

Found this one while visiting my inlaws in Omaho.. $2. Probably among the worst games I have ever played but offloaded it to goozex for 1000 points.
2011-09-24_14-42-48_560-1%20%281%29.jpg

Ghost and Goblins and Indigo Prophecy are from a pawnshop. $5 for the nes game and $3 for ps2. TMNT and Dragon Warrior were given by a friend. Qbert and Wizards and warriors all I got from the flea market this month. I was seriously like 5 mins late and nearly everyone was cleared out. I did find a GB micro at the flea market for $17 but i sold it the same day my friend who came with me. Megaman 6 I got a local comic book store for $15, thats more than I would have liked to pay but a fair price. PN03 I got for $3 from Gamers, a chain in Omaha. Overall their prices were high but there were deals to be had. KOF Maximum Impact was another goodwill grab $3 and not really worth it, game is pretty bad.

games.jpg

Taiko Drum Master still sealed I traded a $7.50 copy of TVC for it.
Taiko.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gears24']What phone is that?[/QUOTE]

HTC Arrive. It's a Windows 7 Phone.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']^^

Microsoft made that shade of blue for their controllers?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, a long time ago. Like when Microsoft still made the media controllers and face plates. I got it from Microcenter for $34 (refurbished from Microsoft). They had the Blue, Pink, Red and Green controllers. The only thing of note is that the LED around the "X" is unusually bright and the texture is a little different from the ones they currently manufacture.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Man, I need to get myself one of those Taiko Drum Masters.[/QUOTE]
It's such an awesome game. I bought on release years ago. I considered buying more for $10, but I never did.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']
Sept20buys2011.jpg

FMA OVA, SMT Persona 2 Innocent Sin, Rurouni Kenshin Reflections (already got Trust & Betrayal back in August), Eureka Seven soundtrack, and all Gundam 00 Season 2 DVDs.[/QUOTE]

Is it worth buying?

IMG_0104.jpg

Blazblue: Continuum Shift - $12.99
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - $13.50
Dance Central scarf I got as a gift that my friend got for my from PAX Prime.
Wireless Mobile Mouse I got for free from Expertzone.

[FONT=&quot]The month is winding down, thus so are my pick-ups for September. Picked up my last 2 layaways from K-mart and I promised myself no more until the next round of clearance drops, so hope that’s not anytime soon. Figured Atelier Rotori would have shipped and been here by now, also my Dead Rising High Stakes Edition has been in transit since the 21st:bomb: My gf visited a few flea markets while on her trip and purchased the Bionic Commando lunchbox thinking I might like it. She couldn’t have been any more correct since I put $10 down at Gamecrazy for this and the game back when it came out, forgot to pick it up, and they subsequently closed! Though in hindsight, I’m glad I didn’t end up paying full price for Bionic Commando, so things actually turned out better this way\\:D/

ZUbCZ.jpg

[/FONT] Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter - $19.99 (K-mart)
We Cheer 2 - $19.99 (K-mart)
Bit Trip Complete - $39.99 (Gamestop)
Sled Shred - $8.73 (Amazon)
Nat Geo Challenge - $8.89 (Amazon)
We Love Golf - $7.97 (Sears)
Professor Layton: Unwound Future - $19.99 (Target)
Gormiti - $9.40 (Amazon)

Vcrfl.jpg

Deal or No Deal SE Bundle - $19.99 (K-mart)
BulletStorm Epic Edition - $29.99 (K-mart)
Battlefield BC2 Ultimate Edition - $29.99 (K-mart)
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee 2 - $9.99 (K-mart)
Blue Dragon Plus - $19.99 (K-mart)
Chibi Robo: Park Patrol - $15.00 (Wal-mart)
Locks Quest - $9.96 (Amazon)
Atari Greatest Hits Vol. 2 - $19.99 (K-mart)
[FONT=&quot]Pixeljunk Monsters Deluxe – $7.99 (K-mart)

4Jyub.jpg

[/FONT] Star Wars: The Complete Saga - $79.99 (Best Buy)
Star Wars: The Padawan Menace w/ figure - $13.99 (Wal-mart)
Star Wars Vader shirt – free (Best Buy)

GjtYA.jpg

The Real Ghostbusters: Complete Collection - $123.99 (Amazon)
Archer Season One - $14.99 (Best Buy)
MST3K: Manos Special Edition - $16.99 (Amazon)
[FONT=&quot]RIN: Daughters of Mnemosyne - $34.99 (Fry’s)

0s8fg.jpg

[/FONT] Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2 - $39.99 (Amazon)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2 - $39.99 (Gamestop)
God of War: Origins Collection - $24.99 (Best Buy/ w RZ cert)
The ICO/SOTC Collection - $24.99 (Best Buy/ w RZ cert)
[FONT=&quot]PilotWings Resort - $19.99 (Best Buy)

90TC3.jpg

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Bionic Commando Lunchbox - $6.99 (Flea Market)

legzY.jpg

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Gears of War 3 Epic Edition - $149.99 (Gamestop)

RNh71.jpg

[/FONT]Gears of War 3 Retro Lancer Replica - $79.99 (Gamestop)

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Do you mean Persona 2?[/QUOTE]

He might have meant Ruroni Kenshin too. Hard to say what he is implying with all the different things in the picture. :p

iSXK4.jpg

Hunted and Lego Star Wars were $11.99 from AWD. I threw Pure in as filler for free shipping, but I did love the demo and never got around to playing it. It was supposed to be disc only, so the booklet in a new case for $2 was a pretty good deal. The Nook is a Nook. The screen is fucking amazing, I was trying to peel the plastic artwork off before I realized the thing was actually on.

Eden of the East! I just finished watching the whole series and first movie on Netflix. I don't usually buy TV shows, but that's one I'll definitely be picking up.

[quote name='CAG90210']My most notable pickups for this month are 2x Super Mario RPGs for $30.01 shipped total :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/QUOTE]

Ooooh you lucky duck. Nice find :D

Sliding this in at the end of the month. Also, this is cheating a little, cause some of these are from August.

Also, apologies on the pic quality. Took these with my last-gen iPhone, as that's the only camera I currently have access to.

Non-games first:
IMG_0828.jpg

The Last Starfighter (love this movie), Coraline, and The Incredibles. Forgot what I paid.

IMG_0829.jpg

Books from Dollar Tree - $1 each. The Sonic Youth bio is an especially awesome find.

IMG_0830.jpg

New vinyls:
Japandroids - Post Nothing - $16
They Might Be Giants - The Else, and
They Might Be Giants - Join Us - $30 for the pair, bought from the merch booth at the show

IMG_0831.jpg

My new baby, an SX Jazz-style bass. $130 from rondomusic.com I started playing bass in a band, and my old beginner p-style bass wasn't cutting it anymore, so I invested in the bass I've always wanted. For the money, it's amazing.

OK, video games now:

IMG_0827.jpg

The Saturn games were won from a lowball, I think they were $3 each. Sly 2 is from a friend, and the only Sly Cooper game I didn't have. VR Troopers was $2 at the flea market.

OK, the big thing, game-wise:
IMG_0832.jpg

An Atari 5200, complete in box, with six boxed games. It's the later two port model. This thing looks like it's never been played, and the games are mostly complete (Pac-Man is the only one with the number pad layovers). The best part was this was FREE. My brother and his friend were at GameStop when a guy came in trying to trade it in. When they told him they couldn't take it, he gave it to my brother's friend, who in turn gave it to me, provided I could get it to work. The hardest part was finding a TV it would hook up to, but we had one in my attic. Fired it up, and it works perfectly! I don't see myself playing this that much, though. I just kinda like looking at it :cool:

Not everyone is a regular shopper at GameStop. They probably heard about someone else trading in games and thought "Hot damn, I've got a bunch of old games that my kids left when they went to college!"

Only a year or two ago, I didn't know that you couldn't trade in older games. The last time I had been to one, I think it was still an EB Games. Not 100% sure about that, but I do remember that I was there to pick up my Monster Rancher 3 pre-order and I picked up a copy of Final Fantasy (I paid too much for the latter, but surprisingly, I found a Final Fantasy box and manual in a random trashcan about a week or two later). I was disappointed to see how much things had changed over the years. Thankfully I didn't embarrass myself by bringing in old-school games because the thought of trading in games was blasphemous to me. Heck, even now, I only trade in duplicates or shitty games that I got for free.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']

An Atari 5200, complete in box, with six boxed games. It's the later two port model. This thing looks like it's never been played, and the games are mostly complete (Pac-Man is the only one with the number pad layovers). The best part was this was FREE. My brother and his friend were at GameStop when a guy came in trying to trade it in. When they told him they couldn't take it, he gave it to my brother's friend, who in turn gave it to me, provided I could get it to work. The hardest part was finding a TV it would hook up to, but we had one in my attic. Fired it up, and it works perfectly! I don't see myself playing this that much, though. I just kinda like looking at it :cool:[/QUOTE]

That's a nice score. 5200 controllers that work are tough to find and actually worth a little bit of money. Plus the system is like an albatross in video game history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back