The Official CAG September 2014 Pick-Ups Thread

The Toys R Us by me had a huge restock of the Nintendo figures so I was finally able to find the Link & Bowser that I needed to complete my set:

Super Smash Bros.3DS demo available. For people who got Platinum Status 7-30-13/ 6-30-14. Just a heads up for those that qualify for the demo.

Completely forgot I preordered this. But nevertheless it showed up at the door today.

wWAZF0M.jpg

I wasn't just going to pass up a $150 cable that's on sale for $4. I use one, I'm not sure where my second one is and I'm seriously considering selling the third one on ebay. I have lots of random cables/parts in boxes in case I "need it" later on, but in this case it does seem much better to just sell it and use the money to buy a Turbo Graphix 16 or something.
Don't get me wrong. I wasn't implying that you should have passed on it. Not at all. Just that sitting on 3 is a little more than any one person "needs" :)

Don't get me wrong. I wasn't implying that you should have passed on it. Not at all. Just that sitting on 3 is a little more than any one person "needs" :)
...but what if I wanted to have three GameCubes in different rooms? What am I going to do? Settle for composite? :cry:

Yeah, it does seem like much given their rarity, so I ended up selling one on eBay for $160.

The Balloon Pop on the left is new the one on the right is a copy I already had (just showing the 2 different covers). I found it weird that their is two different covers considering they have the same UPC. The Agatha Christie game had the wrong Agatha Christie game in it (which I didn't know when I bought it) but I'll keep the case and manual in case I find a disc only copy sometime. These were all from Fallout games.

15269165455_691d26fc3e_c.jpg

one piece Gigant Battle 2 and Lord of Arcana from amazon

layton, Electronic Symphony,Romance Dawn from gamestop.

Woo! My copy of Sin and Punishment for the Nintendo 64 arrived today! I normally don't care about the boxes, but the price difference wasn't much and there wasn't a cover for it on the cover project if I wanted to make one. I also picked up a GameShark so I can play it without having to alter my Nintendo 64.

gallery_226059_8331_43350.jpg

Big storm yesterday in San Diego, so I couldn't pick up Theatrhythm due to fallen trees on the freeway.

But these came in the mail today:

ROUvA78.jpg

Wanted a new game to play with my kids. 

gallery_354731_8422_722751.jpg

Needed some portable power for the long days at work and the occasional vacation.  Picked this up on Amazon.  It's working great so far.

gallery_354731_8422_738696.jpg

These are from my daughter's birthday.  She loves Minecraft and now has PC, Kindle pocket and PS3 versions.  I don't play Minecraft myself.  Whatever makes her happy.

gallery_354731_8422_34482.jpg

Pretty sure Romance Dawn is Gamestop's latest reprint. It was sold out since launch and now every store seems to have complete used copies. Even as a big One Piece fan the only appeal it had was its rarity and now that's out the window. :lol:

Got in a modded ps1 so I could play japanese games on it.

Love being able to stick any game in it and have it just boot up

l2ZGkya.jpg

9rmN0to.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question to ask you guys. I recently purchased Rayman (disc only) for the Sega Saturn (Via eBay $10) but, here's the kicker he says it's "untested" (condition says very good though) and the disc looks pretty good too, looking at the pics he had. The only reason I bought it was because it said "Playable Game Preview underneath the title". Is it still worth something even if it doesn't work? Thanks

I have a question to ask you guys. I recently purchased Rayman (disc only) for the Sega Saturn (Via eBay $10) but, here's the kicker he says it's "untested" (condition says very good though) and the disc looks pretty good too, looking at the pics he had. The only reason I bought it was because it said "Playable Game Preview underneath the title". Is it still worth something even if it doesn't work? Thanks
I'm sure if it doesn't work you will get your money back. Just the fact he listed it as "very good" as disc-only means you win no matter what.

I'm sure if it doesn't work you will get your money back. Just the fact he listed it as "very good" as disc-only means you win no matter what.
If he says that only the disc is included in the description, or if the picture just shows the disc then that won't win you a case. If the disc is cracked or indented then you could win a case. I've bought games that didn't work before and I just polished/resurfaced them to get them working.

Some great finds at the new Zia Records Megastore that opened near me yesterday. Mario Party 9 was $21 after coupon (unused CN code), Wii Sports was $9 after coupon (unused CN code). Also not pictured got a black Wii U Pro Controller for $22 after coupon (needed a second for when me and my wife play Mario Kart). The Mario Galaxy coin was $6 shipped on amazon and is complete and in very good condition.

Today was a PSP day... :D/

wAMtJwA.jpg

egsXh99.jpg

Found an ad on CL last night for a PSP, listed at 60 with the following, I offered 40, he countered 50, great buy for me since I've been hunting for a PSP forever now.

1. Sony PSP 1001 handheld gaming console
2. Psyclone Speaker dock w/Remote control
3. Game Stuff carrying case
4. Pelican carrying case
5. Skin Grip Silicone cover
6. Cloth Slip case
7. (3) Game slip covers
8. Car charger
9. USB connector
10. Battery Pack & dock/stand
11. AAA battery power pack
12. Screen cleaner
13. (9) PSP games:
a. Sudoku
b. Heatseeker
c. Cars
d. Chessmaster
e. ATV - Offroad Fury "Blazin' Trails"
f. Grand Theft Auto "Liberty City Stories"
g. Mercury
h. World Championship Poker 2
i. Untold Legends

System is literally like brand new, same with all the accesories.

Went hunting before meeting him this afternoon, and found nothing but PSP sutff, picked up:

Monster Hunter 2 Freedom - 3.50 - Goodwill

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep (Complete) - 5.99 - Pawn

Star Ocean: First Departure (Complete) - 5.99 - Pawn

and my brother got Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy new for 7.20 at Fred Meyer's.

Awesome PS2 lot from ebay got here.

Rtk58E0.jpg

Also came with a handful of less exciting games and a Silver 90001 slim with the most worn out controllers I've ever seen.

Crossed a lot of games off my list with this one.

.Hack//GU 1-3, Growlanser Generations, Gauntlet, RE4, FFXII C.E.

Paid 90$, So I'll easily get to keep what I want for free.

Rtk58E0.jpg

Also came with a handful of less exciting games and a Silver 90001 slim with the most worn out controllers I've ever seen.

Rogue Galaxy is phenomenal.

Rtk58E0.jpg

Those Dot Hack games alone would probably go for more than $90. Good find.

Little bit all over the place so just posting this here.

Found Sega Rally 2 and NBA 2K11 (PSP) at Half Price Books for $4.99 and $2.00 (clearance) respectively. I was happy with that, always glad to get a DC game I don't have and I've been wanting a portable basketball game for awhile but they just don't want to drop at Gamestop. Considering Vita doesn't seem to be getting any western support, that will have to do.

Picked up Uncharted at Wal Mart through their web site. Not cheap but I had a gift card and wanted it.

No More Heroes 2 and the Vita case were from Gamestop, $4.99 and $9.99 respectively. Needed a case for my Vita and No More Heroes recently dropped in price.

Grabbed Smugglers Run Warzones and Sonic 2 Battle at Savers. Smugglers Run was 4.99 which I wasn't going to pay, but Sonic had no sticker and I wanted to try saying hey, they're both Gamecube, do the same price. Only 2 GC games they had. Plus, I had fun with Warzones back in the day, nothing great but its a solid title so not an awful price. Well, when I got it up there the lady just decided to do it for DVD price which is $2.99 since it had no sticker but the DVD thing wouldn't scan so she did CD price which is $1.99, So $6.98 for both works for me.

Finally I found the 3DO games at Disc Replay. $7.99 for Way of the Warrior, $6.99 for Samurai Shodown, $3.99 for Foes of Ali and $2.99 for FIFA. All complete with manual and in very nice shape. They also had a few others but they either wanted too much IMO (Road Rash for $16.99, Return Fire for $19.99, not awful prices for complete in nice shape but not great really) or I already had them (Madden, Need for Speed). If Road Rash is still there in a week or two I may consider it. They also had a copy of Car Battler Joe I wanted to grab but again asking too much.

The Wii Sports/Wii Sports Resort both on the same disc version goes for a decent amount so I was glad to get it for cheap. I'm only a couple away from having all the Nintendo Selects games. The Twilight Princess had unused CN points. 

Little bit all over the place so just posting this here.

Found Sega Rally 2 and NBA 2K11 (PSP) at Half Price Books for $4.99 and $2.00 (clearance) respectively. I was happy with that, always glad to get a DC game I don't have and I've been wanting a portable basketball game for awhile but they just don't want to drop at Gamestop. Considering Vita doesn't seem to be getting any western support, that will have to do.

Picked up Uncharted at Wal Mart through their web site. Not cheap but I had a gift card and wanted it.

No More Heroes 2 and the Vita case were from Gamestop, $4.99 and $9.99 respectively. Needed a case for my Vita and No More Heroes recently dropped in price.

Grabbed Smugglers Run Warzones and Sonic 2 Battle at Savers. Smugglers Run was 4.99 which I wasn't going to pay, but Sonic had no sticker and I wanted to try saying hey, they're both Gamecube, do the same price. Only 2 GC games they had. Plus, I had fun with Warzones back in the day, nothing great but its a solid title so not an awful price. Well, when I got it up there the lady just decided to do it for DVD price which is $2.99 since it had no sticker but the DVD thing wouldn't scan so she did CD price which is $1.99, So $6.98 for both works for me.

Finally I found the 3DO games at Disc Replay. $7.99 for Way of the Warrior, $6.99 for Samurai Shodown, $3.99 for Foes of Ali and $2.99 for FIFA. All complete with manual and in very nice shape. They also had a few others but they either wanted too much IMO (Road Rash for $16.99, Return Fire for $19.99, not awful prices for complete in nice shape but not great really) or I already had them (Madden, Need for Speed). If Road Rash is still there in a week or two I may consider it. They also had a copy of Car Battler Joe I wanted to grab but again asking too much.
Imo the 3do version of need for speed is one of the best of all time. The guy at the end of each race is great.

This white wii remote with motion plus inside was the final remote I needed and now I have all of the US released ones. The two Nintendo Selects games had their CN points unused. Unfortunately I already have the Nintendo Selects version of Mario Tennis. That's what happens when you have 600+ Wii games even with them cataloged on your phone you still make a mistake and buy a repeat here and there.

They stopped selling Surge in 2001 so I doubt many people under like 16 know/remember it. Whereas I was in middle school-highschool so its a nostalgia thing. 

I must be getting old. I don't understand how anyone over 12 could be excited that Surge is back.
Quite frankly it tastes better then Mountain Dew to me, kinda like a hybrid between White Out and Mello Yello. Kinda surprised it didn't last.

Not soda, but Fry's sale. About $50 worth of Asian films.

EVF9AEu.jpg

Took our niece to Disneyland on her birthday, saw a girl with a Toothless plush. Asked where she got it, so we had to make a trip down to Build a Bear. Also picked up a Toothless hoodie and Scootaloo. Cat wanted in the picture.

7pdOAYr.jpg

Woke up at 10 for some reason and remembered I had to mow someones yard since they paid me for 2 mows last week and I owed them one more. So I said " welp I guess no yardsales for me". I did drive by one on my way home but it was a house Ive been to already. The mail totally made up for it though. NES30 bluetooth controllers finally arrived and so did the PS1 power supply I ordered for some reason......the PS1 works now but its worthless these days!

bread's done
Back