The OFFICIAL GameStop Converted to Pre-Owned Thread *Latest: AC:Black Flag PS4, GoW:Ascension

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
I'm going to do my best to keep everyone informed of any new games that are being converted to pre-owned.

Latest Conversions:

:ps4:
Assassin's Creed Black Flag Collector's Edition

:ps3:
God of War Ascension Collector's Edition

:360:

Cabela's Hunting Expedition

Fear 3 + Orphan Movie Combo

Hitman Trilogy HD 

Rayman Origins

Spec Ops The Line

Previous Conversions:

Thanks to Xellos2099 for the list.

Beats by Dre

Beats by Dre iBeats Earbuds $64.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (Black, Red, White) $119.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (BubbleGum, Grape, Smartie Blue, Sour Apple Head, Dark Blue) $109.99
Beats by Dre Solo Headphones (Black/White) $109.99

Tritton
XB360 Kunai Titanfall Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360, Wii U) Pink Kunai Headset $39.99

Afterglow
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (both standard and white) $59.99
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (Afterglow refurb) $39.99

Sony
PS3/4 GTA V Pulse Wireless Headset $99.99

Turtle Beach
PS4 Communicator P4C Headset $9.99
XB360 X32 Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360) Wireless PX4 Headset $99.99
CoD Shadow Universal (PS360, PS4) Headset $49.99
XB360 Winter Camo X12 Headset $39.99
XB360 X42 Wireless Headset $109.99
PX3 Universal Wireless Headset $69.99

P11 PS3 Headset (TB Refurb) $29.99
PX21 Universal Headset (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X11 (TB Refurb) $19.99
XB360 X12 (TB Refurb) $29.99
XB360 X32 (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X42 (TB Refurb) $49.99

:360:
Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition
Need For Speed Run
Soul Calibur V
Far Cry 3
Borderlands 2
Fifa 13

Wii U:
Rabbid's Land

Sims 3
Far Cry 3
Just Dance 4

Accessories:
PS3 Move Energizer Charger
PS3 Navigation Controller
PSP USB Cable (Madcatz)
360 Network Adapter N (Microsoft) 

My former ASM told me the NBA2K13 whichever one came with the basketball/headphones got converted as well. I believe it was for 360, but that unconfirmed.

:ps3: Fusion Tournament Controller

:360: Tomb Raider CE

:360: Mass Effect 3

:360: Medal of Honor

:ps3: Resident Evil 6

:3ds: Spider-man Edge of Time

:ds: Pokemon Black

:ds: Noah's Ark

:ds: Zhu Zhu Princess

:360: Gears of War 3 Epic Edition (See other thread)

:360: BlazBlue Contiuum Shift Extended LE
:360: Major League Baseball 2K11
:wii: ZombiU (WiiU)

:psp: Little Deviants (Vita)
:3ds: Dream Trigger
:3ds: Nintendogs Toy Poodle
:ds: Biggest Loser
:ds: Little Mermaid
:ds: My English Coach Spanish
:ds: Squinkies 2
:360: Crysis 2
:360: Fable 3
:360: Halo 4 LE
:360: Marvel Super Hero Comic UDraw
:360: Stormrise
:360: Street Fighter x Tekken Collector's Edition (Reported 360 Only)
:360: Victorious: Time to Shine
:360:  :ps3: Ben 10 Galactic Racing
:360:  :ps3: Brink
:360:  :ps3: Bulletstorm
:360:  :ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Care Package
:360:  :ps3: Dirt Showdown
:360:  :ps3: Game of Thrones
:360:  :ps3: Singularity
:360::ps3: Testament of Sherlock Holmes
:ps3: Deus Ex
:ps3: DJ Hero
:ps3: Fifa Soccer 12
:ps3: Little League World Series 10
:ps3: Max Payne Collector's Edition (Reported PS3 Only)
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter
:ps3: Medieval Moves
:ps3: Persona 4 Arena
:ps3: Port Royale
:ps3: Rock Band Lego
:ps3: Sing It: Pop Hits
:ps3: Sing Star ABBA
:wii: Battle of the Bands
:wii: EA SPorts Active NFL Training Camp
:wii: Instant Artist Studio UDraw
:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection
:wii: Neopets Puzzle Adventure
:wii: Oops! Prank Party
:wii: Our House: Party
:wii: Samba De Amigo
:wii: Science Papa
:wii: Vacation Isle: Beach Party
:wii: Where the Wild Things Are
:wii: X-Men Destiny
:360: :ps3: Assassins Creed 3 Collectors Edition

:360: :ps3: Army of Two: 40th Day
:360: :ps3: WWE 12
:ps3: Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition

:ps3: :360: Dead Island (Regular Edition)

:ps3: Front Mission Evolved
:ps3: God of War 3
:ps3: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy

:360: :ps3: Saint's Row The Third Platinum Pack (Collector's Edition)
:3ds: Cubic Ninja

:360: :ps3: Alpha Protocol

:ps2: Astroboy The Video Game
:ps2: Front Mission 4
:ps2: The Hobbit
:ps2: Th3 Plan
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Special Edition (Cover Art)

03.23.2012 :360:Gears of War 3 Limited Edition
02.24.2012 :360: :ps3: Mortal Kombat Xbox 360 Kollector's Edition
01.21.2012 :ps2: Slim System
:360: :ps3: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE

FAQ:
Q: How can I locate this game in store?
A: Since it has been converted to pre-owned, there's no easy way to track down one. Your best bet is to go into your local store and ask if they have it in stock.

Q: Can I PM you a question about xyz game?
A: Call your local GameStop if you have any questions concerning a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my copy that I had on hold. Dude was shocked it rang up so cheap. The assistant manger was there and told me same thing about tossing out the extra stuff and just putting the game out as used.

just tried for an uncharted 3 ce that was sitting up on the wall, wouldn't scan. Guy spent 30 mins on the phone tryin to figure out what was up. Didn't get an answer before closing.. Will call me when he finds out whats up. We'll see.

[quote name='slowdive21']Kingdom hearts CE on 3DS either converted, dropped in price, or was still available at some stores. I think it is $55.[/QUOTE]

Converted to used and still rings up 55?

[quote name='nixmahn']Converted to used and still rings up 55?[/QUOTE]

Ok, I figured it out. Apparently this is hard to find now and some stores still have it in stock. The price is still $55. No conversion.

[quote name='Vinny']What's Persona 3 Special Edition? Is that the original release with the artbook/soundtrack?[/QUOTE]

Yup.

Arkham City CE should be converting soon.

[quote name='godsmack13']just tried for an uncharted 3 ce that was sitting up on the wall, wouldn't scan. Guy spent 30 mins on the phone tryin to figure out what was up. Didn't get an answer before closing.. Will call me when he finds out whats up. We'll see.[/QUOTE]

I had a similar problem until another employee stepped in and explained it to the gentleman helping me.

Great deal. Now do I open it...

I checked the other local GS that was showing low stock on the UC3 CE earlier today and the girl working the counter said her two managers each grabbed one when they dropped to $18.:bomb: She said she also would've wanted to pick up one for herself for that cheap.

Next closest store to me with it showing in stock or low stock is over an hours' drive away, so that's another CE I missed out on the price drop/conversion of. Oh well.

I was dedicated and managed to drive 15+ miles to a Gamestop in Atlanta that had two copies left. I came there and told him that I worked at Gamestop (which I did) and that we clearance the copies and they are being converted to used. I did work at Gamestop and my old employees knew about the deal too.

He managed to do a manager override and give it to me for $20. I wanted the other copy he had for my friend (who was w/ me) but he said he can't sell two b/c of the override. No problem. We went to a Gamestop in Stone Mountain and it ranged up for $20 too.

We got it and now I'm going to sell or trade in my standard edition (keeping the box though) for some cash back.

We called about 15 Gamestops before we got to these though. Most of them were dumb asking us if it was for the PS3 and saying "what Uncharted 3 doesn't have a collector's edition". I swear, why did I ever get laid off when these people don't even know what they're doing.

Either way, I and my friend both scored UC3: CE for $20. All in all, a good day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man it sucks to know that you got laid for some dunderdolts. Either they were seriously dumb or were just playing dumb so they could get in on it.

[quote name='Yigytugd']I was dedicated and managed to drive 15+ miles to a Gamestop in Atlanta that had two copies left. I came there and told him that I worked at Gamestop (which I did) and that we clearance the copies and they are being converted to used. I did work at Gamestop and my old employees knew about the deal too.

He managed to do a manager override and give it to me for $20. I wanted the other copy he had for my friend (who was w/ me) but he said he can't sell two b/c of the override. No problem. We went to a Gamestop in Stone Mountain and it ranged up for $20 too.

We got it and now I'm going to sell or trade in my standard edition (keeping the box though) for some cash back.

We called about 15 Gamestops before we got to these though. Most of them we're dumb asking us if it was for the PS3 and saying "what Uncharted 3 doesn't have a collector's edition". I swear, why did I ever get laid off when these people don't even know what they're doing.

Either way, I and my friend both scored UC3: CE for $20. All in all, a good day.[/QUOTE]

Are these really override needed, they just scanned the barcode on mine. Or is the conversion done region to region on the system.

Not everybody who works at Gamestop is an actual gamer. Some only know what they're told in training(i.e. shill the PUR card and pre-orders). It's like the soccer moms n shit who come into game stores asking employees for a Super Mario game on the 360. They know fuck all about what their kids are into and could care less as long as it keeps their bratty asses quiet so mommy can watch her soaps or whatever.:roll:

[quote name='nixmahn']Are these really override needed, they just scanned the barcode on mine. Or is the conversion done region to region on the system.[/QUOTE]

He said he overrid it but I don't believe him. On my recite it reads that it came up as a used standard edition UC3 like it was suppose to. I think he was just hoarding it for himself but either way, he sold me one and we got another one for the same price.

Gamestop is pretty universal as far as their pricing goes. Its not like you will go to one store and a used game is 14.99, and you go to another store and the same game is 12.99. If he was able to scan the bar code then it would ring up as 18.99 and the dude just lied to you.

Went to gamestop for their labor day sale, and ended up picking up mass effect 3 CE for 18.99. The clerk was unaware that it had been converted to used, so its probably a recent drop.

[quote name='Supra5tar']Went to gamestop for their labor day sale, and ended up picking up mass effect 3 CE for 18.99. The clerk was unaware that it had been converted to used, so its probably a recent drop.[/QUOTE]

Which platform?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You might also wanna check the :ps3: version of ME3 CE, as that's unavailable online as well. So maybe they converted both versions of the CE.[/QUOTE]

just got back from gamestop and the ps3 version is $49.99

ME3 CE is down to $49.99 at BB right now as well. Not to mention that there's that @Gamer coupon that is supposedly going to even work on the CE of it starting this Sunday. So as of Sunday, you could've bought it for $29.99 after the coupon from the @Gamer magazine.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']ME3 CE is down to $49.99 at BB right now as well. Not to mention that there's that @Gamer coupon that is supposedly going to even work on the CE of it starting this Sunday. So as of Sunday, you could've bought it for $29.99 after the coupon from the @Gamer magazine.;)[/QUOTE]

all 3 editions are sold out at best buy in store by me since there is only one best buy in my area.All gamestops except one had this and I dont have those best buy coupons so I wouldnt have gotten it either way from best buy. I work at target and I know we have one sitting in the backroom for xbox and thats the last ME3 CE in my area.Thats why I bought it.

[quote name='Supra5tar']Went to gamestop for their labor day sale, and ended up picking up mass effect 3 CE for 18.99. The clerk was unaware that it had been converted to used, so its probably a recent drop.[/QUOTE]

(bolded and underlined for empahsis)... fucking crazy

or did anyone think that maybe it was a traded in copy of ME 3 CE?? Some people do trade in complete stuff sometimes and clerk could have just assumed it was a mark down

[quote name='shawnmelo']all 3 editions are sold out at best buy in store by me since there is only one best buy in my area.All gamestops except one had this and I dont have those best buy coupons so I wouldnt have gotten it either way from best buy. I work at target and I know we have one sitting in the backroom for xbox and thats the last ME3 CE in my area.Thats why I bought it.[/QUOTE]
Ah ok. Although the @Gamer mag is only $5 to get an extra $20 off the CE IF they had it in stock. I know the closest store here had one the other day when I was in.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Ah ok. Although the @Gamer mag is only $5 to get an extra $20 off the CE IF they had it in stock. I know the closest store here had one the other day when I was in.[/QUOTE]

I will probably end up getting the gamer mag if its only $5 as I see all these sales like every week with this coupon.I play primarily on PC and get games for dirt cheap all the time but there are a few games I would buy on xbox.

[quote name='merchie89']or did anyone think that maybe it was a traded in copy of ME 3 CE?? Some people do trade in complete stuff sometimes and clerk could have just assumed it was a mark down[/QUOTE]
Around here if someone traded in a CE complete, then the extra stuff either gets chucked in the trash or the employees decide who gets what and they take home the extra stuff. That's why it's never smart to trade in a CE with everything, especially to GS with their 'we don't give a shit if a game is complete as long as we can sell it to make money' attitude.:whistle2:#
[quote name='shawnmelo']I will probably end up getting the gamer mag if its only $5 as I see all these sales like every week with this coupon.I play primarily on PC and get games for dirt cheap all the time but there are a few games I would buy on xbox.[/QUOTE]
A subscription to their Gamers' Club Unlocked is the same as Gamestop($15) and gets you 10% off their pre-owned titles just like GS. They also send you a welcome packet with 4 or so coupons, including a B2G1 off games $39.99 or lower one, a 50% off a guide one, one for 10% off a digital purchase and 1-2 more I think.

[quote name='shawnmelo']I will probably end up getting the gamer mag if its only $5 as I see all these sales like every week with this coupon.I play primarily on PC and get games for dirt cheap all the time but there are a few games I would buy on xbox.[/QUOTE]
A subscription to their Gamers' Club Unlocked is the same as Gamestop($15) and gets you 10% off their pre-owned titles just like GS. They also send you a welcome packet with 6 or so coupons, including a B2G1 off games $39.99 or lower one, a 50% off a guide one, one for 10% off a digital purchase and 1-2 more I think.

A subscription to their Gamers' Club Unlocked is the same as Gamestop($15) and gets you 10% off their pre-owned titles just like GS. They also send you a welcome packet with 4 or so coupons, including a B2G1 off games $39.99 or lower one, a 50% off a guide one, one for 10% off a digital purchase and 1-2 more I think.[/QUOTE]

ok thanks will probably get it sunday

[quote name='merchie89']or did anyone think that maybe it was a traded in copy of ME 3 CE?? Some people do trade in complete stuff sometimes and clerk could have just assumed it was a mark down[/QUOTE]

Nah it was behind a glass cabinet, where they keep new stuff. He scanned it a few times then went to get the manager, who then told him the game had been converted to used.

This thread needs to go to the top of the front page next time a CE is converted I just barely got in on a free drake statue. I wish I could have got a COG or Mortal Kombat bookends

The following games were converted to used last weekend by GS:

3DS
Petz Nursery 2

Splinter Cell: Conviction
Brutal Legend
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 CE
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
NCAA Football 2012
Dragon Age 2
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
Sonic Generations
Battlefield Bad Company 2 (Platinum Hits ed. only)
Dirt 3: Complete Edition

Wii
Final Fantasy Crystal: Crystal Bear
Rayman Origins
Just Dance Kids 2
CoD: Modern Warfare 3

PS3
Brutal Legend
Tekken 6
Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4
Final Fantasy XIII
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
Assassin's Creed Revelations
House of the Dead: Overkill
Goldeneye: Reloaded
Tales of Graces f
Battlefield Bad Company 2 (Greatest Hits ver. only)

PS2
FIFA Soccer 12
Zathura
Ni Hao, Kai-Lan: Super Game Day

Note some of the multi-platform games on PS3, 360 if one of the versions isn't converted yet it probably will be soon (SSFIV AE PS3 was converted a few months back and now the 360 version finally is, while FF 13, DA 2, and KoA aren't converted yet on PS3 but are now on 360.)

I'm kinda new here so can someone explain what it means to convert to preowned? And how much that would make dirt 3 for Xbox and goldeneye for ps3?

[quote name='JohnWayne']I'm kinda new here so can someone explain what it means to convert to preowned? And how much that would make dirt 3 for Xbox and goldeneye for ps3?[/QUOTE]

GameStop converts some of their older "new" games and CE stock to "pre-owned" standard stock/prices. They're supposed to get rid of all of the goodies/extras and just list the game as a standard "used" copy in-store. Often, you can still find "new" games and CEs that will ring up as "used" standard copies of a game once they've been converted in the system. Thus, you can get a "new" Uncharted 3 CE for the price of a "used" regular Uncharted 3 copy because the system will recognize it as that game, etc....

[quote name='Daw19yoyo']DeathSmiles CE for 360 was converted to pre-owned at my store. $20-$10[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got the list from someone that works at the store I shop at but it only showed the games they had in stock that needed to be converted, so there may be a few like that one which didn't show up in the email I saw since they didn't have any.

The fat 250GB XBox 360 Splinter Cell Conviction Console bundles were also converted to used a while back. One of my local stores happened to have two of them, so they were $129. TIV on Amazon is $200.

Not the most amazing find but picked up the :360: Capcom Platinum Hits Triple Pack (Dead Rising / Lost Planet: Extreme Condition / Devil May Cry 4) for $4.49. I was trading in some games and the manager said they had just converted it from new to pre-owned and gave me first crack at it. Probably should have said no but grabbed it anyway.

Yeah, and they're $18. Gamestop must be out of their minds. I got 2 of them from Sears for $2 each, new. Is Gamestop trying to go out of business?

[quote name='slowdive21']RE ORC CE is converted to used 18.99 or something. I bought one the other day.[/QUOTE]

360 or PS3?

[quote name='griffinup']360 or PS3?[/QUOTE]

Both. I found out the hard way on both ORC CE & the SFIV Fightpads. Apparently even though they got converted to used, they still are doing pricedrops online. Went to pickup a $15 Fightpad and it had a nice $20 "pre-owned" sticker on it though it was still sealed in packaging.

bread's done
Back