The OFFICIAL GameStop Converted to Pre-Owned Thread *Latest: AC:Black Flag PS4, GoW:Ascension

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
I'm going to do my best to keep everyone informed of any new games that are being converted to pre-owned.

Latest Conversions:

:ps4:
Assassin's Creed Black Flag Collector's Edition

:ps3:
God of War Ascension Collector's Edition

:360:

Cabela's Hunting Expedition

Fear 3 + Orphan Movie Combo

Hitman Trilogy HD 

Rayman Origins

Spec Ops The Line

Previous Conversions:

Thanks to Xellos2099 for the list.

Beats by Dre

Beats by Dre iBeats Earbuds $64.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (Black, Red, White) $119.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (BubbleGum, Grape, Smartie Blue, Sour Apple Head, Dark Blue) $109.99
Beats by Dre Solo Headphones (Black/White) $109.99

Tritton
XB360 Kunai Titanfall Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360, Wii U) Pink Kunai Headset $39.99

Afterglow
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (both standard and white) $59.99
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (Afterglow refurb) $39.99

Sony
PS3/4 GTA V Pulse Wireless Headset $99.99

Turtle Beach
PS4 Communicator P4C Headset $9.99
XB360 X32 Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360) Wireless PX4 Headset $99.99
CoD Shadow Universal (PS360, PS4) Headset $49.99
XB360 Winter Camo X12 Headset $39.99
XB360 X42 Wireless Headset $109.99
PX3 Universal Wireless Headset $69.99

P11 PS3 Headset (TB Refurb) $29.99
PX21 Universal Headset (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X11 (TB Refurb) $19.99
XB360 X12 (TB Refurb) $29.99
XB360 X32 (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X42 (TB Refurb) $49.99

:360:
Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition
Need For Speed Run
Soul Calibur V
Far Cry 3
Borderlands 2
Fifa 13

Wii U:
Rabbid's Land

Sims 3
Far Cry 3
Just Dance 4

Accessories:
PS3 Move Energizer Charger
PS3 Navigation Controller
PSP USB Cable (Madcatz)
360 Network Adapter N (Microsoft) 

My former ASM told me the NBA2K13 whichever one came with the basketball/headphones got converted as well. I believe it was for 360, but that unconfirmed.

:ps3: Fusion Tournament Controller

:360: Tomb Raider CE

:360: Mass Effect 3

:360: Medal of Honor

:ps3: Resident Evil 6

:3ds: Spider-man Edge of Time

:ds: Pokemon Black

:ds: Noah's Ark

:ds: Zhu Zhu Princess

:360: Gears of War 3 Epic Edition (See other thread)

:360: BlazBlue Contiuum Shift Extended LE
:360: Major League Baseball 2K11
:wii: ZombiU (WiiU)

:psp: Little Deviants (Vita)
:3ds: Dream Trigger
:3ds: Nintendogs Toy Poodle
:ds: Biggest Loser
:ds: Little Mermaid
:ds: My English Coach Spanish
:ds: Squinkies 2
:360: Crysis 2
:360: Fable 3
:360: Halo 4 LE
:360: Marvel Super Hero Comic UDraw
:360: Stormrise
:360: Street Fighter x Tekken Collector's Edition (Reported 360 Only)
:360: Victorious: Time to Shine
:360:  :ps3: Ben 10 Galactic Racing
:360:  :ps3: Brink
:360:  :ps3: Bulletstorm
:360:  :ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Care Package
:360:  :ps3: Dirt Showdown
:360:  :ps3: Game of Thrones
:360:  :ps3: Singularity
:360::ps3: Testament of Sherlock Holmes
:ps3: Deus Ex
:ps3: DJ Hero
:ps3: Fifa Soccer 12
:ps3: Little League World Series 10
:ps3: Max Payne Collector's Edition (Reported PS3 Only)
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter
:ps3: Medieval Moves
:ps3: Persona 4 Arena
:ps3: Port Royale
:ps3: Rock Band Lego
:ps3: Sing It: Pop Hits
:ps3: Sing Star ABBA
:wii: Battle of the Bands
:wii: EA SPorts Active NFL Training Camp
:wii: Instant Artist Studio UDraw
:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection
:wii: Neopets Puzzle Adventure
:wii: Oops! Prank Party
:wii: Our House: Party
:wii: Samba De Amigo
:wii: Science Papa
:wii: Vacation Isle: Beach Party
:wii: Where the Wild Things Are
:wii: X-Men Destiny
:360: :ps3: Assassins Creed 3 Collectors Edition

:360: :ps3: Army of Two: 40th Day
:360: :ps3: WWE 12
:ps3: Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition

:ps3: :360: Dead Island (Regular Edition)

:ps3: Front Mission Evolved
:ps3: God of War 3
:ps3: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy

:360: :ps3: Saint's Row The Third Platinum Pack (Collector's Edition)
:3ds: Cubic Ninja

:360: :ps3: Alpha Protocol

:ps2: Astroboy The Video Game
:ps2: Front Mission 4
:ps2: The Hobbit
:ps2: Th3 Plan
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Special Edition (Cover Art)

03.23.2012 :360:Gears of War 3 Limited Edition
02.24.2012 :360: :ps3: Mortal Kombat Xbox 360 Kollector's Edition
01.21.2012 :ps2: Slim System
:360: :ps3: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE

FAQ:
Q: How can I locate this game in store?
A: Since it has been converted to pre-owned, there's no easy way to track down one. Your best bet is to go into your local store and ask if they have it in stock.

Q: Can I PM you a question about xyz game?
A: Call your local GameStop if you have any questions concerning a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thebob101']I am new to the thread and have no clue what it means to have a game converted to pre-owned. I checked the store near me and one really close has it listed as low stock. If I run over to get it, how much will it be? It is listed on the web site as new, does that mean that there is a new version and a pre-owned? Sorry to be a ignorant.[/QUOTE]

Usually they just throw out the contents, gut the game and label it as used. Occasionally you will get lucky and catch a store before they do that and if they scan the UPC on the box, it will ring up as used vanilla copy.

The last one I was able to score myself was Gears 3's LE. They scanned it and it rang up as the same price as a used copy.

Hope that explains it. :)

Called a 5 GS near me. Both All don't have the AC3 CE in stock but they do offer +50% credit towards purchase of preowned games. Would have been sweet if I could combine that promo with this item.

[quote name='209chromatic']Yup. 30% off with birthday coupon and PUR[/QUOTE]

Can u show a copy of the receipt please?

[quote name='vegeta4567']Can u show a copy of the receipt please?[/QUOTE]

uiOfuPg.jpg

I don't know if I'm more surprised he got a non gutted or the 8.125% sales tax (I would hate that 6% is damn easy to calculate but 8.125 I'd always fuck up with that .125)

[quote name='209chromatic']
uiOfuPg.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I was debating on getting this today but I got the steel book version last week for 19.... I think I can live without a statue taking up more room atm

Something interesting happen, after secured my copy, I need to get some as gift for friend. I managed to reserved 2 copy at a store semi far away. When I get there, the associate there "claim" that someone come in 30 minutes ago claimed to me me bought the 2 copy I reserve. I was like... wut? Not sure to be angry or scare.... that why would someone assume my identify to get the game OR gamestop selling reserved copy without the confirm email/powerup card.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Something interesting happen, after secured my copy, I need to get some as gift for friend. I managed to reserved 2 copy at a store semi far away. When I get there, the associate there "claim" that someone come in 30 minutes ago claimed to me me bought the 2 copy I reserve. I was like... wut? Not sure to be angry or scare.... that why would someone assume my identify to get the game OR gamestop selling reserved copy without the confirm email/powerup card.[/QUOTE]

The guy probably asked do you have the ac collectors edition? And the employee said "are you the one who reserved 2 of them?" And the guy just said yes since he didn't give 2 shits and there goes your games. You should be angry

[quote name='BryanDGAF']The guy probably asked do you have the ac collectors edition? And the employee said "are you the one who reserved 2 of them?" And the guy just said yes since he didn't give 2 shits and there goes your games. You should be angry[/QUOTE]

that would be messed up on both (store and the buyer) sides. must have been a member from here who did it. stay classy cag.

By "reserve" was it put it on hold with somebody over the phone? Or through the online store pickup system?

Either way I'd buy something super cheap, used so you can return, then go to town on that survey.

i used online store pickup system. I got an alternative theory, maybe after I reserved the 2 copy, worker's friend wanted them too so he tossed my reserved out and hope I don't show up today. Well, I did and he claim he claim he sold my copies but he have 2 more reserved copy and he can sell me one of them. Maybe he hope he can avoid trouble by doing that... I don't care, I still running hailstorm of what happen on him, added the comment he sell me one of them. First of all, I find it hard to believe that the store HAD 4 copy before today. So I guess he have 2 copy, I reserved both, and his friend want them, toss mine out and hope I don't show up.

I reserved one,went out of my way to pick it up and they gave me some BS about being told to cancel all orders.GS pisses me off to no end.

[quote name='Davivascaino']do you guys just grab the box, play dumb and ask them to scan the bar code? will they give you shit if it pops up used?[/QUOTE]

not at all. they just sell it for what the price scans at just like they are supposed to do

[quote name='Deader2818']if someone could grab a ps3 or xbox verison of one, ill gladly pay cost + shipping.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, good luck.

Thanks OP, got a sealed Xbox version for $49 after tax & such. Wish I could of used the birthday coupon smh but I'm glad I was able to get one.

[quote name='Kurosaki-san']Thanks OP, got a sealed Xbox version for $49 after tax & such. Wish I could of used the birthday coupon smh but I'm glad I was able to get one.[/QUOTE]

return/rebuy is your best friends for this ;)

Stopped by my local GS today and the employee said that they already gutted them all yesterday. Is that a day early or are the people that find them just lucky that their GS waited longer?

Just got back from driving all over the place. I managed to get 2 AC3 Limited Edition 360 versions for $38 each. The nearest store that had it was 14 and 18 miles away but it was worth it. I got the last copies at both stores too and in perfect edition.

Thank you OP for another great treasure hunt!

[quote name='haywire69']I reserved one,went out of my way to pick it up and they gave me some BS about being told to cancel all orders.GS pisses me off to no end.[/QUOTE]

I just called and first they said that they didnt have it and that it was a preorder item then they ask another employee and said that they only had 1 and that it was already taken. LOL. he admitted that probably a gamestop employee going to purchase it. Hey, it whatever. They dont pay them well and they should get 1st grabs.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']just wanted to point out that the ps3 version is 5 dollars cheaper.[/QUOTE]

How much is it?

I have an Xbox version I got from Target for $35.98, but I am wanting to get a PS3 version.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']How much is it?

I have an Xbox version I got from Target for $35.98, but I am wanting to get a PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

Its $45 for ps3. YMMV on using the 20% coupon. U still did great at target for $35.98. U could just post a trade on CAG if u want to swap for ps3

[quote name='The Punisher']Its $45 for ps3. YMMV on using the 20% coupon. U still did great at target for $35.98. U could just post a trade on CAG if u want to swap for ps3[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

And, I haven't used any of those posted birthday coupons. Doesn't sit right with me.

[quote name='The Punisher']I just called and first they said that they didnt have it and that it was a preorder item then they ask another employee and said that they only had 1 and that it was already taken. LOL. he admitted that probably a gamestop employee going to purchase it. Hey, it whatever. They dont pay them well and they should get 1st grabs.[/QUOTE]

actually they shouldnt be getting first grabs. in retail business stock should go to the customer, but i kno wat u r saying.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Thanks!

And, I haven't used any of those posted birthday coupons. Doesn't sit right with me.[/QUOTE]

Same here. GS can take this away or ban people. My backlog is huge and games always get cheaper over time.
I just got lasik 3 weeks ago and with work, life, etc. just dont have time for gaming much. I got a zelda 3ds for $80! on cowboom. That was a epic find as im a zelda fan.

Good luck and I hope you find what you're looking for. ;)

[quote name='Xellos2099']Something interesting happen, after secured my copy, I need to get some as gift for friend. I managed to reserved 2 copy at a store semi far away. When I get there, the associate there "claim" that someone come in 30 minutes ago claimed to me me bought the 2 copy I reserve. I was like... wut? Not sure to be angry or scare.... that why would someone assume my identify to get the game OR gamestop selling reserved copy without the confirm email/powerup card.[/QUOTE]

angry as fuhhhhhhh...talk to corporate. they should be asking for id. effin bs. sorry to her nd it was definitely another cager. most common consumes would not op for the ce fersion. or it coulda been a shady employee who stashed them. i would nit have left the store until they remedied the situation...ie gift card or credit. no ones usin ur pur card. although i have notived someone is purchasin shit off my name. watevs i get the points but changed my number just in case

So is the online gamestop tracker for the "New" collector's edition a reliable way to track one down or is it totally random whether or not a store has it?

[quote name='PublikDefender']So is the online gamestop tracker for the "New" collector's edition a reliable way to track one down or is it totally random whether or not a store has it?[/QUOTE]

It's a good indicator of which stores HAD it in stock new, but whether it is still available is extremely YMMV. It could be:

a. Yes, it's still there and complete
b. Yes, it's still there but on hold for someone else
c. No, somebody already bought it today (I don't think their inventory system updates until the next morning)
d. No, they already gutted or sold it without changing their "NEW" inventory count

[quote name='PublikDefender']So is the online gamestop tracker for the "New" collector's edition a reliable way to track one down or is it totally random whether or not a store has it?[/QUOTE]

thats what i did and it worked like a charm. i might pick up another one

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']It's a good indicator of which stores HAD it in stock new, but whether it is still available is extremely YMMV. It could be:

c. No, somebody already bought it today (I don't think their inventory system updates until the next morning)
d. No, they already gutted or sold it without changing their "NEW" inventory count[/QUOTE]

[quote name='strait edge follower']thats what i did and it worked like a charm. i might pick up another one[/QUOTE]
Thanks, guys. I'll go for it.

Just got the only copy of AC3 LE around me for 50 miles. It is a PS3 version and I got it for $40.49 after PUR. The 20% coupon did not work on it.

I asked at my local GameStop and the manager pulled a mint copy from the stock room. It rang up for $49.99 ($44.99 after discount). I was pretty happy getting it as cheap as I did.

0405132138a_zps7eb67789.jpg

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']It's a good indicator of which stores HAD it in stock new, but whether it is still available is extremely YMMV. It could be:

d. No, they already gutted or sold it without changing their "NEW" inventory count[/QUOTE]
Thanks
[quote name='strait edge follower']thats what i did and it worked like a charm. i might pick up another one[/QUOTE]
Thanks. Had to go to 3 diff gamestops that showed in stock to finally get 1. Finally scored one though.

[quote name='Blumpkin']I asked at my local GameStop and the manager pulled a mint copy from the stock room. It rang up for $49.99 ($44.99 after discount). I was pretty happy getting it as cheap as I did.

0405132138a_zps7eb67789.jpg
[/QUOTE]

No tax? You win.

[quote name='addicted2games']Just got the only copy of AC3 LE around me for 50 miles. It is a PS3 version and I got it for $40.49 after PUR. The 20% coupon did not work on it.[/QUOTE]

it stacked with my 20$ off used game coupon earlier. that employee must have done something wrong

bread's done
Back