The OFFICIAL GameStop Converted to Pre-Owned Thread *Latest: AC:Black Flag PS4, GoW:Ascension

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
I'm going to do my best to keep everyone informed of any new games that are being converted to pre-owned.

Latest Conversions:

:ps4:
Assassin's Creed Black Flag Collector's Edition

:ps3:
God of War Ascension Collector's Edition

:360:

Cabela's Hunting Expedition

Fear 3 + Orphan Movie Combo

Hitman Trilogy HD 

Rayman Origins

Spec Ops The Line

Previous Conversions:

Thanks to Xellos2099 for the list.

Beats by Dre

Beats by Dre iBeats Earbuds $64.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (Black, Red, White) $119.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (BubbleGum, Grape, Smartie Blue, Sour Apple Head, Dark Blue) $109.99
Beats by Dre Solo Headphones (Black/White) $109.99

Tritton
XB360 Kunai Titanfall Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360, Wii U) Pink Kunai Headset $39.99

Afterglow
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (both standard and white) $59.99
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (Afterglow refurb) $39.99

Sony
PS3/4 GTA V Pulse Wireless Headset $99.99

Turtle Beach
PS4 Communicator P4C Headset $9.99
XB360 X32 Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360) Wireless PX4 Headset $99.99
CoD Shadow Universal (PS360, PS4) Headset $49.99
XB360 Winter Camo X12 Headset $39.99
XB360 X42 Wireless Headset $109.99
PX3 Universal Wireless Headset $69.99

P11 PS3 Headset (TB Refurb) $29.99
PX21 Universal Headset (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X11 (TB Refurb) $19.99
XB360 X12 (TB Refurb) $29.99
XB360 X32 (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X42 (TB Refurb) $49.99

:360:
Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition
Need For Speed Run
Soul Calibur V
Far Cry 3
Borderlands 2
Fifa 13

Wii U:
Rabbid's Land

Sims 3
Far Cry 3
Just Dance 4

Accessories:
PS3 Move Energizer Charger
PS3 Navigation Controller
PSP USB Cable (Madcatz)
360 Network Adapter N (Microsoft) 

My former ASM told me the NBA2K13 whichever one came with the basketball/headphones got converted as well. I believe it was for 360, but that unconfirmed.

:ps3: Fusion Tournament Controller

:360: Tomb Raider CE

:360: Mass Effect 3

:360: Medal of Honor

:ps3: Resident Evil 6

:3ds: Spider-man Edge of Time

:ds: Pokemon Black

:ds: Noah's Ark

:ds: Zhu Zhu Princess

:360: Gears of War 3 Epic Edition (See other thread)

:360: BlazBlue Contiuum Shift Extended LE
:360: Major League Baseball 2K11
:wii: ZombiU (WiiU)

:psp: Little Deviants (Vita)
:3ds: Dream Trigger
:3ds: Nintendogs Toy Poodle
:ds: Biggest Loser
:ds: Little Mermaid
:ds: My English Coach Spanish
:ds: Squinkies 2
:360: Crysis 2
:360: Fable 3
:360: Halo 4 LE
:360: Marvel Super Hero Comic UDraw
:360: Stormrise
:360: Street Fighter x Tekken Collector's Edition (Reported 360 Only)
:360: Victorious: Time to Shine
:360:  :ps3: Ben 10 Galactic Racing
:360:  :ps3: Brink
:360:  :ps3: Bulletstorm
:360:  :ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Care Package
:360:  :ps3: Dirt Showdown
:360:  :ps3: Game of Thrones
:360:  :ps3: Singularity
:360::ps3: Testament of Sherlock Holmes
:ps3: Deus Ex
:ps3: DJ Hero
:ps3: Fifa Soccer 12
:ps3: Little League World Series 10
:ps3: Max Payne Collector's Edition (Reported PS3 Only)
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter
:ps3: Medieval Moves
:ps3: Persona 4 Arena
:ps3: Port Royale
:ps3: Rock Band Lego
:ps3: Sing It: Pop Hits
:ps3: Sing Star ABBA
:wii: Battle of the Bands
:wii: EA SPorts Active NFL Training Camp
:wii: Instant Artist Studio UDraw
:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection
:wii: Neopets Puzzle Adventure
:wii: Oops! Prank Party
:wii: Our House: Party
:wii: Samba De Amigo
:wii: Science Papa
:wii: Vacation Isle: Beach Party
:wii: Where the Wild Things Are
:wii: X-Men Destiny
:360: :ps3: Assassins Creed 3 Collectors Edition

:360: :ps3: Army of Two: 40th Day
:360: :ps3: WWE 12
:ps3: Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition

:ps3: :360: Dead Island (Regular Edition)

:ps3: Front Mission Evolved
:ps3: God of War 3
:ps3: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy

:360: :ps3: Saint's Row The Third Platinum Pack (Collector's Edition)
:3ds: Cubic Ninja

:360: :ps3: Alpha Protocol

:ps2: Astroboy The Video Game
:ps2: Front Mission 4
:ps2: The Hobbit
:ps2: Th3 Plan
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Special Edition (Cover Art)

03.23.2012 :360:Gears of War 3 Limited Edition
02.24.2012 :360: :ps3: Mortal Kombat Xbox 360 Kollector's Edition
01.21.2012 :ps2: Slim System
:360: :ps3: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE

FAQ:
Q: How can I locate this game in store?
A: Since it has been converted to pre-owned, there's no easy way to track down one. Your best bet is to go into your local store and ask if they have it in stock.

Q: Can I PM you a question about xyz game?
A: Call your local GameStop if you have any questions concerning a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems that I got in a hold for NBA, but I tried BioShock Infinite and it kept saying "Error, could not process your order." Do they limit how many holds I can submit at one store or something?

Seems that I got in a hold for NBA, but I tried BioShock Infinite and it kept saying "Error, could not process your order." Do they limit how many holds I can submit at one store or something?
AFAIK, you're limited to two holds per something (day? week? month?), but I haven't even gotten hold confirmation emails lately, so maybe it's more strict now.

AFAIK, you're limited to two holds per something (day? week? month?), but I haven't even gotten hold confirmation emails lately, so maybe it's more strict now.
NBA is my first hold request ever, so that's strange. Either way, I'll just test my luck tomorrow when I pick up my NBA.

Well I just got a call from the manager of the store I submitted a hold to and he asked me to call him back so it's probably not looking good.

Welcome to the one item hold every 3 days BS. It's per email so hopefully you have an alternative you can use.
If you use gmail, just use the period trick. john.walker@gmail, johnwalker@gmail and j.ohnwalker@gmail all send to the same email address. (and so on)

Ok guys, here's the list. Another thing I've noticed with conversions and penny drops, is that these lists only have items based on the store's inventory. So far I haven't found a way to search for full conversion and penny drop lists in the POS back office.
So the list I will post is based on my store's current inventory.

360:
Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition
Need For Speed Run
Soul Calibur V
Far Cry 3
Borderlands 2
Fifa 13

Wii U:
Rabbid's Land

PS3:
Sims 3
Far Cry 3
Just Dance 4

Accessories:
PS3 Move Energizer Charger
PS3 Navigation Controller
PSP USB Cable (Madcatz)
360 Network Adapter N (Microsoft)
So for the xbox 360 games listed, all of their CEs will be converted and the guides will ring up as a penny??? XD

I might hold bioshock even though I have a standard edition already...Also, if I do not have the platform for the games(I have xbox360 and not a PS3 sadly) is it worth it to buy those CEs just for the extras??

EDIT: I also thought the rule of thumb is to not call ahead and go to the store and ask for it..But I am a rookie so...inputs anyone??

So is the PS3 Bioshock Premium not going to be converted? It's unavailable to buy online, but my local store has one (just tried the in-store hold and it worked). Last time, when Tomb Raider converted, the world's coolest manager let me switch my plain copy for the deluxe version. Holding out hope here...

So is the PS3 Bioshock Premium not going to be converted? It's unavailable to buy online, but my local store has one (just tried the in-store hold and it worked). Last time, when Tomb Raider converted, the world's coolest manager let me switch my plain copy for the deluxe version. Holding out hope here...
I'm assuming not, but since you posted it, I put a ps3 copy on hold under my mom's name just in case I can't get my 360 copy for some reason (read story below). There's a ps3 copy right by where my mom works and she might be able to pick it up for me.

I called the store that I put the 360 copy on hold and they told me that they would hold it for me on Friday, but only until 5:30pm. :whistle2:k :whistle2:k :whistle2:k :bs: I put it on hold around 3:00pm Thursday. I'm not sure if this is ymmv or what. I'm thinking I should show up early as hell on Friday morning right at opening. Do you guys think the game will be "converted" in the computer system by then?

I'm just paranoid because when the Tomb Raider CE got converted, I drove 10 miles to the store, picked the item off the shelf to purchase it, and when the employee scanned it for me to purchase, he started whispering to another employee. They realized it was converted and decided that they in fact couldn't sell it to me because an employee wanted to buy it. I walked out empty handed and wasted my time and gas money. :headache: :wall: :bomb: :cry:

Also, invizibleskratchpikl you are the fuck ing man for posting these great deals. Thanks again. :razz:

Hmmmm...that NBA Dynasty ball is AWESOME...or horrible. I'm not going to waste my time trying to get these. In the past I've been denied multiple times because "we can't sell this item." Then there was the time I attempted to get Uncharted 3. Guy rings it up then starts opening it, I asked him what he was doing and he said it's converted and can't sell it to me like this. Then he opens up the Steelbook puts the disc on the counter and bends the Steelbook and whips it at the garbage. I said what the hell man? GameStop Official Policy is to field destroy all conversions. He follows that by breaking the statues head off. I just turned around and started to walk out then the other Gamestop dude said one of the funniest things I've ever heard. Sorry about that, he really gets off on this stuff. I mean REALLY, later he'll be pleasuring himself to the remains of Nathan Drake. HAHHAHAHAhahahahahaha ha ha ha. I guess you had to be there. He suggested another store that had a bunch. They didn't have any left. So in conclusion...good luck everyone!

Hmmmm...that NBA Dynasty ball is AWESOME...or horrible. I'm not going to waste my time trying to get these. In the past I've been denied multiple times because "we can't sell this item." Then there was the time I attempted to get Uncharted 3. Guy rings it up then starts opening it, I asked him what he was doing and he said it's converted and can't sell it to me like this. Then he opens up the Steelbook puts the disc on the counter and bends the Steelbook and whips it at the garbage. I said what the hell man? GameStop Official Policy is to field destroy all conversions. He follows that by breaking the statues head off. I just turned around and started to walk out then the other Gamestop dude said one of the funniest things I've ever heard. Sorry about that, he really gets off on this stuff. I mean REALLY, later he'll be pleasuring himself to the remains of Nathan Drake. HAHHAHAHAhahahahahaha ha ha ha. I guess you had to be there. He suggested another store that had a bunch. They didn't have any left. So in conclusion...good luck everyone!
At first this story made me feel sad and pissed off. It takes an extremely demented fuck to even think of bending a steelbook, tossing it, and then ripping Drake's head off. Then suddenly the story took and a turn and me legitimately laugh out loud really hard. :applause: I paid full price for the Uncharted 3 CE at launch, but I have to say that your story is waaaay better then the extra CE goodies. Hilarious fuck ing story.

I would have bought the disc only Uncharted 3 game just to have the receipt to write that GS employee a horrible review, call the district manager, call GS customer support, or whatever else there is to do. I'm no psychiatrist, but I think that GS employee might actually get sexually arousal or pleasure by causing misfortune to others. He probably loves the "power" he feels. Maybe he is subconsciously trying to make up for some sort of sexual inadequacy. Or maybe something extremely fuck ed up happened to him as a child that made him feel severely helpless.

I can't think of another form of customer service where this kind of thing would ever happen. If you go to Whole Foods and buy some $9 organic blueberries and they ring up $6, I don't think the cashier is going to throw the blueberries on the ground, stomp on them, and then say "This price is supposed to be for the older conventional blueberries. These blueberries didn't look old or conventional enough. Wholefoods official policy is to field destroy right in front of the paying customer."

According to r00kie in the AMZ Trade-In FAQ thread, NBA 2K13 Dynasty Edition is also being converted tomorrow.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/295382-amazon-trade-in-faq-50-trade-10-get-10-towards-the-best-of-2013/page-699#entry11450270
Thanks for mentioning this. I placed a hold last night and showed up at the store as it opened (I'm in Puerto Rico so it's an hour ahead of the east coast right now). It showed up automatically as pre-owned and the guy gave it to me without any problems. He was confused about the low price at first, but he realized it had been converted.

The PS3 version of NBA 2k13 appears to have been converted as well.  It disappeared off the store checker overnight also.

The PS3 version of NBA 2k13 appears to have been converted as well. It disappeared off the store checker overnight also.
I think it did. I put a hold request for one yesterday and got the "can't be fulfilled email one minute later" when I just was at the store and saw it just one hour before submitting the request.

I was scared because they had been taken off of the store checker but I realized it was because they were converted. Hopefully the 360 and PS3 versions are still in stock because they were in stock at the same place but it's 19.1 miles away from me!

Should be about $16 and $13 for PUR for 360 and PS3 for NBA. BI should be $30 for both. Not sure where they would be.

Edit- well I was replying to CLB's question but I guess she deleted it.

I'd be all over the Bioshock Premiums, if I hadn't gotten a few using the Target B2G1 coupon glitch to get them for super cheap...

Should be about $16 and $13 for PUR for 360 and PS3 for NBA. BI should be $30 for both. Not sure where they would be.

Edit- well I was replying to CLB's question but I guess she deleted it.
Oops. Yeah, I did, lol. I found out $17.99 for Xbox and $14.99 for PS3. Interesting seeing as how the PS3 version is more on Amazon.

Thanks!

So if the were converted, the price has already been adjusted by the system?

I just called my local gamestop and  they said they had it new for 30 hahaha.

Anyone know?

I just went to gamestop store #3867 and the ps3 dynasty version rang up as 40. The friendly employee even let me check his monitor to show me it is indeed 40. Do they have to manually convert their games?

I just went to gamestop store #3867 and the ps3 dynasty version rang up as 40. The friendly employee even let me check his monitor to show me it is indeed 40. Do they have to manually convert their games?
I'll look it up when I get back from lunch. Conversions occur automatically.

Is this a fact?
went to get TR CE when it was converted and it rang up a price indicating it wasnt converted.. although I may have grabbed the wrong version..
Yes. Like I said in a previous post, conversions usually occur on a Friday. It's done automatically by GS inventory support.

Just checked for BI PS3 on the item tracker. It shows that the game is OOS everywhere. Is this because it's converted or is it really OOS?

picked up a PS3 Dynasty version with no issues.

GS employee was ecstatic
"..the coolest transaction I've ever done!.." x6

she was still talking about it when I was walking out
".hey guys, guys! check out this transaction I just ran.."

lol

off to get a 360 version now

bread's done
Back