The OFFICIAL GameStop Converted to Pre-Owned Thread *Latest: AC:Black Flag PS4, GoW:Ascension

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
I'm going to do my best to keep everyone informed of any new games that are being converted to pre-owned.

Latest Conversions:

:ps4:
Assassin's Creed Black Flag Collector's Edition

:ps3:
God of War Ascension Collector's Edition

:360:

Cabela's Hunting Expedition

Fear 3 + Orphan Movie Combo

Hitman Trilogy HD 

Rayman Origins

Spec Ops The Line

Previous Conversions:

Thanks to Xellos2099 for the list.

Beats by Dre

Beats by Dre iBeats Earbuds $64.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (Black, Red, White) $119.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (BubbleGum, Grape, Smartie Blue, Sour Apple Head, Dark Blue) $109.99
Beats by Dre Solo Headphones (Black/White) $109.99

Tritton
XB360 Kunai Titanfall Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360, Wii U) Pink Kunai Headset $39.99

Afterglow
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (both standard and white) $59.99
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (Afterglow refurb) $39.99

Sony
PS3/4 GTA V Pulse Wireless Headset $99.99

Turtle Beach
PS4 Communicator P4C Headset $9.99
XB360 X32 Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360) Wireless PX4 Headset $99.99
CoD Shadow Universal (PS360, PS4) Headset $49.99
XB360 Winter Camo X12 Headset $39.99
XB360 X42 Wireless Headset $109.99
PX3 Universal Wireless Headset $69.99

P11 PS3 Headset (TB Refurb) $29.99
PX21 Universal Headset (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X11 (TB Refurb) $19.99
XB360 X12 (TB Refurb) $29.99
XB360 X32 (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X42 (TB Refurb) $49.99

:360:
Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition
Need For Speed Run
Soul Calibur V
Far Cry 3
Borderlands 2
Fifa 13

Wii U:
Rabbid's Land

Sims 3
Far Cry 3
Just Dance 4

Accessories:
PS3 Move Energizer Charger
PS3 Navigation Controller
PSP USB Cable (Madcatz)
360 Network Adapter N (Microsoft) 

My former ASM told me the NBA2K13 whichever one came with the basketball/headphones got converted as well. I believe it was for 360, but that unconfirmed.

:ps3: Fusion Tournament Controller

:360: Tomb Raider CE

:360: Mass Effect 3

:360: Medal of Honor

:ps3: Resident Evil 6

:3ds: Spider-man Edge of Time

:ds: Pokemon Black

:ds: Noah's Ark

:ds: Zhu Zhu Princess

:360: Gears of War 3 Epic Edition (See other thread)

:360: BlazBlue Contiuum Shift Extended LE
:360: Major League Baseball 2K11
:wii: ZombiU (WiiU)

:psp: Little Deviants (Vita)
:3ds: Dream Trigger
:3ds: Nintendogs Toy Poodle
:ds: Biggest Loser
:ds: Little Mermaid
:ds: My English Coach Spanish
:ds: Squinkies 2
:360: Crysis 2
:360: Fable 3
:360: Halo 4 LE
:360: Marvel Super Hero Comic UDraw
:360: Stormrise
:360: Street Fighter x Tekken Collector's Edition (Reported 360 Only)
:360: Victorious: Time to Shine
:360:  :ps3: Ben 10 Galactic Racing
:360:  :ps3: Brink
:360:  :ps3: Bulletstorm
:360:  :ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Care Package
:360:  :ps3: Dirt Showdown
:360:  :ps3: Game of Thrones
:360:  :ps3: Singularity
:360::ps3: Testament of Sherlock Holmes
:ps3: Deus Ex
:ps3: DJ Hero
:ps3: Fifa Soccer 12
:ps3: Little League World Series 10
:ps3: Max Payne Collector's Edition (Reported PS3 Only)
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter
:ps3: Medieval Moves
:ps3: Persona 4 Arena
:ps3: Port Royale
:ps3: Rock Band Lego
:ps3: Sing It: Pop Hits
:ps3: Sing Star ABBA
:wii: Battle of the Bands
:wii: EA SPorts Active NFL Training Camp
:wii: Instant Artist Studio UDraw
:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection
:wii: Neopets Puzzle Adventure
:wii: Oops! Prank Party
:wii: Our House: Party
:wii: Samba De Amigo
:wii: Science Papa
:wii: Vacation Isle: Beach Party
:wii: Where the Wild Things Are
:wii: X-Men Destiny
:360: :ps3: Assassins Creed 3 Collectors Edition

:360: :ps3: Army of Two: 40th Day
:360: :ps3: WWE 12
:ps3: Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition

:ps3: :360: Dead Island (Regular Edition)

:ps3: Front Mission Evolved
:ps3: God of War 3
:ps3: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy

:360: :ps3: Saint's Row The Third Platinum Pack (Collector's Edition)
:3ds: Cubic Ninja

:360: :ps3: Alpha Protocol

:ps2: Astroboy The Video Game
:ps2: Front Mission 4
:ps2: The Hobbit
:ps2: Th3 Plan
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Special Edition (Cover Art)

03.23.2012 :360:Gears of War 3 Limited Edition
02.24.2012 :360: :ps3: Mortal Kombat Xbox 360 Kollector's Edition
01.21.2012 :ps2: Slim System
:360: :ps3: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE

FAQ:
Q: How can I locate this game in store?
A: Since it has been converted to pre-owned, there's no easy way to track down one. Your best bet is to go into your local store and ask if they have it in stock.

Q: Can I PM you a question about xyz game?
A: Call your local GameStop if you have any questions concerning a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked mine up no problem just now $5.59 total brand new sealed still. Guy pulled it off top shelf
rDig2CU.jpg

6/6

Dead or Alive 5 Collector's Edition (PS3/360)

Himan Absolution Professional Edition (PS3)

I believe these got converted as well, or the 20ish copies all got reserved overnight :rofl:

Hope my store goy lazy today and not update prices. Hehe. The last time i checked they had like 5 KZHE stack together n the sales floor.

My district stores received an email from the DM during the last conversion instructing employees to not take any converted CE's home with them.  They were to be sold to the public.  I've known some stores in my area to have taken some CE's for themselves in the past so if your district is guilty of doing it, you can probably get the DM to side with you guys.  The only way I know of sending a message to him is via surveys.

My district stores received an email from the DM during the last conversion instructing employees to not take any converted CE's home with them. They were to be sold to the public. I've known some stores in my area to have taken some CE's for themselves in the past so if your district is guilty of doing it, you can probably get the DM to side with you guys. The only way I know of sending a message to him is via surveys.
really?? wow...Im pretty sure im in your district...this is good news indeed...

My district stores received an email from the DM during the last conversion instructing employees to not take any converted CE's home with them. They were to be sold to the public. I've known some stores in my area to have taken some CE's for themselves in the past so if your district is guilty of doing it, you can probably get the DM to side with you guys. The only way I know of sending a message to him is via surveys.
This is me playing Devil's Advocate, but I imagine a lot of GS employees are rabid gamers not unlike myself. I can understand not taking the converted games home before the general public gets a chance at them, but are they allowed to take them home AT ALL?

fuck Gamestop. Drove 20 minutes to get here. I called to make sure they had it and asked if it was gutted. Lady said all is good.

I get there and of course they don't have it. Not only that, she showed me the standard edition of the game with the Heigest Edition sticker on it and said she thought that was the right edition. What? On the game it shows KZ3. Nothing else.

I would curse her out but I didn't want to cause a scene.

Waste of time.

Technically, the game should be put out and the extras thrown away, no matter who wants to buy it...is what I was told by a dm in the past. But I think the common practice is employees have first crack at whatever they want, then they get tossed out. If it is out and a customer wants it, a customer should get it though.

I asked her if all the contents (statue, art book, etc.) Was in tack. She said yes and its waiting for me. I use to work at Gamestop, I know we can throw them out, give them away, or sell it with the standard edition.

Pisses me off.

6/6

Dead or Alive 5 Collector's Edition (PS3/360)

Himan Absolution Professional Edition (PS3)

I believe these got converted as well, or the 20ish copies all got reserved overnight :rofl:
That DoA 5 CE used to be really valuable as it was a GS exclusive but Tecmo made DoA 5 Ultimate with no way to get the extra characters with the vanilla version and its value tanked.

really?? wow...Im pretty sure im in your district...this is good news indeed...
Yeah you and a good amount of other cags are in the same area actually. I've even met tek and ragingst0rm in person before although these guys aren't active on the boards anymore. There was a third guy I met but I forget his name because he didn't stand out as an active poster.

I'm passing on this round of CE's too.

This is me playing Devil's Advocate, but I imagine a lot of GS employees are rabid gamers not unlike myself. I can understand not taking the converted games home before the general public gets a chance at them, but are they allowed to take them home AT ALL?
I'm not sure but the impression I got from the manager that told me was that at least for him, he wasn't allowed to. During the Splinter Cell conversion, he asked me if I was the one that picked up the CE since he noticed it was gone and I said "no because I read a lot of people having problems with the aircraft flying properly so I passed." It could be due to his position but I think it's just a district by district thing. They're supposed to gut the extra contents but sometimes they don't. Another district I've gone to told me once they gutted the extras and threw them away but at that point it could have just been an employee taking it for himself.

Yay 5.03 out the door. GameStop guy said your inside source is good. I replied yup.

Also thanked me for getting that out of his store.

Called just now to double check and was told it was converted and they "don't have it anymore." :censored:

Probably just told me that so he could either buy it/bought it but it's way too far for me to just go out there on a lark.
if you received the pick up confirmation email then they have to give it to you. By calling they decided to keep it themselves, but I do understand if it was far that you had to make the call decision.

if you received the pick up confirmation email then they have to give it to you. By calling they decided to keep it themselves, but I do understand if it was far that you had to make the call decision.
No they do not. See the big glitch in the fall once they shut it down hard and the Disney Infinity glitch before that.

No problems at my gs walked in grabbed kzhe paid for it then watched mortal kombat 10 trailers with the assistant manager for awhile then left. Today is a good day!

Wasn't that KZ3 clearanced out at BB a loooong time ago?  Seeing that picture reminded me of another thing I bought and threw in my storage area to never look at again, lol

Picked up my copy. Box is really sun faded and missing the code voucher. The helmet, book, statue and sealed game were all in the box. Don't really mind the voucher missing, as mentioned above it's already expired. I've been looking for a used black box Killzone 3 for sometime at gamestop, Great deal for $7.

What district is this? Northern Virginia?

I went all the way over to the god damn hood just to find out those idiots sold my held copies Jesus christ way to waste my time I could of been mugged

Picked up my copy. Box is really sun faded and missing the code voucher. The helmet, book, statue and sealed game were all in the box. Don't really mind the voucher missing, as mentioned above it's already expired. I've been looking for a used black box Killzone 3 for sometime at gamestop, Great deal for $7.
The codes are sealed in the game IIRC.

I went all the way over to the god damn hood just to find out those idiots sold my held copies Jesus christ way to waste my time I could of been mugged
That's how I felt taking that waste of time drive to a shady part of town I've never been to. Should have brought a .99c game and blasted the chick on the survey.

Ok so bullshit or no? I checked online about 1030 last night. My local store had low stock. I put in a hold and got the confirmation. I went there this morning and on my way there got the email saying it could not be fulfilled. I got there about 1030 and the kid behind the counter tells me they only had one and it was converted yesterday around 300pm and someone came in and bought it. I said I thought the conversion takes after close Thursday nights. He said no happens at any time.

I kind of think this guy bought my stuff and then lied to my face.

Got a ready to pick up email hours ago. Just got a phone call telling me it was a mistake and they don't have it. Sure I bet it was. fucking bitches.

edit- I wasn't going to get it but still fucked up for lying

Update: so I called and said it was converted and couldn't sell it. I went to pick it up and they gave some bs about the md told everyone to destroy it. He said he would let me have it if I buy something else. I purchase silent hill hd to make him happy. I will probably exchange it when super robot taisen and marvel ultimate gold comes in next week via transfer

Should I take the survey? That story was bs forcing customers to buy more stuff. FYI he help bring the item out to my car with some odd headset in a black box with like green design on it along with world of Warcraft ce. He took the items and put it in his car

Beware the codes in it are expired.
Grabbed mine today too. Thanks to everybody on this thread - I actually informed the employee at my local Gamestop about the deal, as others have. After I said I thought the Helghast edition was on sale, her first comment was "It is - it's $39.99 ... oh wait ..."

My had been opened but not gutted - everything was still in place. Not bad for $6.29.

Update: so I called and said it was converted and couldn't sell it. I went to pick it up and they gave some bs about the md told everyone to destroy it. He said he would let me have it if I buy something else. I purchase silent hill hd to make him happy. I will probably exchange it when super robot taisen and marvel ultimate gold comes in next week via transfer
I would have brought both and than return the second game immediately. Than screw them on the survey and say they wouldn't sell you the game unless you brought another.

I would have brought both and than return the second game immediately. Than screw them on the survey and saw they wouldn't sell you the game unless you brought another.
The legal term Extortion come to mind with that situation

Wasn't that KZ3 clearanced out at BB a loooong time ago? Seeing that picture reminded me of another thing I bought and threw in my storage area to never look at again, lol
Kmart too. I got mine at BB, though. I ended up selling the game and the rest of the CE stuff is somewhere in storage.

Yeah I got one of these from the BB clearance way back when too.  Same as you guys, kept the extras and sold the game/codes at the time.  The statue head and figure are cool enough.

Fortunately, I have a local GS that had 6 of these stacked in a tower that have been there forever.  Put one on hold last night, and got the ready for pick-up email this morning.  CSR didn't know about the conversion so he went and got me the nicest looking box.  I told him about the conversion, used a $5 off used coupon, then picked up a second copy (didn't wanna El Hoardo all 6 of them).  So anyone in SoCal still looking, Santa Fe Springs has 4 left (boxes beat to hell though, as I got the only decent ones) as of 2pm or so today. Just FYI...

There's no way to check for inventory online, is there? The OP in this thread mentions that converted items are hard to find. I used the checker and it said nothing within 100 miles in SoCal but the post above says there are some available...

There's no way to check for inventory online, is there? The OP in this thread mentions that converted items are hard to find. I used the checker and it said nothing within 100 miles in SoCal but the post above says there are some available...
converted items don't show up in the inventory checker. The only way to check is to physically go in store

Once its converted, no. You have to check/reserve the night before the conversion

It won't show since they've been converted to pre owned. Call up the store above you and see if they haven't gutted them yet. That would be your best bet.

bread's done
Back