The Official Guild Wars Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Kayden']I got the bow, sheild and skull.

I can safely say they all suck. :lol:

They aren't anything special. I got a better bow at level 15. All the reqs on the special items are 10. That means you can't use them until level 10-12, and that's when you put every point into the skill and get items that boost it. Its also really retarded how they talk about the increasing damage. EVERY BOW increases in damage when you raise marksmanship, thats the fucking point of the skill!

The targe and skull are fucking dumb too. They each have 4 mods that require level 10 skills. The warrior gets +2 energy with level 10 axe mastery.... big fucking deal. +2 energy with level 10 hammer mastery... yay! :puke:

So, no, they really aren't worth it.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I got the bow and around lvl 16 or so wasn't using it anymore. Its pretty easy to find weapons as you play.

I'm always on, but no one else seems to be, so I gave it a break and am now playing Gunz. Me and Lady Deth Dealer seem to be the only active ones... and Melvin.

[quote name='greendj27']I agree, I got the bow and around lvl 16 or so wasn't using it anymore. Its pretty easy to find weapons as you play.[/QUOTE]

I got the Hammer, and thats not too bad. I used it until I deleted my character.

Stats:
X(15 maybe)-33 damage (Req. Lvl 9 Hammer Mastery)
Health +20 (Req. Lvl 5 Str)

Thats it :D

But then you can add the two parts which makes it nice. I used the lengthen weakness and armor +6 mods in addition to the knockdown gloves. Made a nice little club :D

[quote name='crystalklear64']I'm always on, but no one else seems to be, so I gave it a break and am now playing Gunz. Me and Lady Deth Dealer seem to be the only active ones... and Melvin.[/QUOTE]

I played all day yesterday and didn't see anyone from the guild on. I have never even been in a party with anyone in the guild. It seems like people are never on anymore.

Thanks for the info guys, I'll just buy it from CC then. I'm going to buy it in about 20mins so I'll be on playing for most of today...I wanna level up first and then maybe I can join the CAG guild too...hehehe

I've been on almost every day, you just have to have me listed in your friends since I had to quit the CAG guild cause my friend wanted to start his own guild.

Was off the last few days. Usually on mornings (est) and usually do not see anyone on. Did play early sunday morning. There were 2 people on, but I was helping a few friends so I did not make any noise.

I haven't ever played WOW, and it's been years since I played EQ, but it controls similarly to EQ and Diablo, imho.
You can view from first-person or from different angles behind the character; you can left-click a location to go there, or move using WSAD. You can zoom out so it's almost a top-down which makes it more like Diablo. Space bar or clicking a baddie attacks [you automatically keep attacking until the baddie is dead, or you do something else, unlike Diablo]; hit 1-8 on your upper number row or click the relevant icons on your screen to use a skill. You can use keyboard shortcuts or a popup menu to do other things [inventory, quest log, friends list, etc.]

Is Guild Wars like other MMORPG's in that each registration code is locked to one account?

Was thinking about trading for this but not sure if I'd be stuck as "Joe Smith" or whoever's account was first registered. Any info will be much appreciated.

Yes.
When you buy the 'game' you're actually buying an 'access key'. You could buy it right now from GuildWars.com and be playing. All you get from a store is a disk [which is not needed at all], an instruction manual/storybook and quick control reference guide.
Once you activate your account, it is in whatever name you started it as [I believe it wants email address]. It can be installed on as many PCs as you want, but it can only be logged in once at a time. Technically according to the EULA the end user is not allowed to resell the game. If you 'bought' it from an end user, all he would need to give you is the email address and password for the account. Obviously the PW can be changed, I don't know if the account name can be.

[quote name='dtcarson']Yes.
When you buy the 'game' you're actually buying an 'access key'. You could buy it right now from GuildWars.com and be playing. All you get from a store is a disk [which is not needed at all], an instruction manual/storybook and quick control reference guide.
Once you activate your account, it is in whatever name you started it as [I believe it wants email address]. It can be installed on as many PCs as you want, but it can only be logged in once at a time. Technically according to the EULA the end user is not allowed to resell the game. If you 'bought' it from an end user, all he would need to give you is the email address and password for the account. Obviously the PW can be changed, I don't know if the account name can be.[/QUOTE]

You could change the email in the beta... I think you still can. People don't keep the same email for ever.

I bought this game yesterday and I fuckING LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!111

I played it for 12 hrs straight! I got Carpel Tunnel, but I'm lvl7 now :)

I'm a Warrior/Monk. Name: King Commando

Can I still contact eitehr Kaydan or Lord Melvin to join the CAG guild?

I finally got the game (NEVER order from Best Buy online, they sent it to the wrong state). I'll probably be playing a lot the next few days. Could I join the Guild?

[quote name='kingtz']I bought this game yesterday and I fuckING LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!111

I played it for 12 hrs straight! I got Carpel Tunnel, but I'm lvl7 now :)

I'm a Warrior/Monk. Name: King Commando

Can I still contact eitehr Kaydan or Lord Melvin to join the CAG guild?[/QUOTE]

Contact Melvin, the other two are never on. Apparently, you'll be able to contact me soon as well. I'll update the member list tonight as well so you know whos in.

[quote name='greendc27']I finally got the game (NEVER order from Best Buy online, they sent it to the wrong state). I'll probably be playing a lot the next few days. Could I join the Guild?[/QUOTE]

Everyone is free to join, just provide your char's name and I'll add you to the OP.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Triple Post uh oh...

Well for those who don't check the OP, I added everyone to the OP, so Renagade will get off my case :p .[/QUOTE]

ahh thank you *bows* :applause:

EDIT: WTF I'm not on it. and I don't want to be on bottom because I've been in it for a while.

Has anyone else been randomly disconnect from GW while playing? I have 2 times now. And once was during a really long quest...it was with some really good players too so I hope they won't think I'm a jerk.

[quote name='kingtz']Has anyone else been randomly disconnect from GW while playing? I have 2 times now. And once was during a really long quest...it was with some really good players too so I hope they won't think I'm a jerk.[/QUOTE]

Once in a blue moon I would get disconnected. Has not been bad yet. Sucks it was during a long quest for you.

I'd get errors trying to load a new zone after beating a mission.... :evil:

It happened with the Thunderhead Keep missions too! :censored:

[quote name='crystalklear64']Everyone is free to join, just provide your char's name and I'll add you to the OP.[/QUOTE]

My name is Chrisopher Denison.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']ahh thank you *bows* :applause:

EDIT: WTF I'm not on it. and I don't want to be on bottom because I've been in it for a while.[/QUOTE]

Lol darn you caught me. :D

[quote name='greendc27']My name is Chrisopher Denison.[/QUOTE]
Just want to make sure that it's Chrisopher, and not Christopher. Maybe a typo, maybe not, let me know.

crystalklear64,

I tried adding "Crysto Mawu", "Flint Stonecrusher" and "Crystal Hannigan" in my friends list in the game, and it said that the user does not exist for all for them. Are you going by any other accounts?

Been playing since release and figured it's 'bout time I joined a guild. Mainly play my Warrior/Elementalist "Bladesman Baru". 'Course I may not be on as much anymore with Battlefield 2 coming out tomorrow. Feel free to send me an invite. Thanks.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Just want to make sure that it's Chrisopher, and not Christopher. Maybe a typo, maybe not, let me know.[/QUOTE]

Whoops glad you caught that, it was a typo. It's Christopher Denison.

[quote name='kingtz']crystalklear64,

I tried adding "Crysto Mawu", "Flint Stonecrusher" and "Crystal Hannigan" in my friends list in the game, and it said that the user does not exist for all for them. Are you going by any other accounts?[/QUOTE]

Well, Here's the names that I have on my account at the moment. Crystal Hunnigan, Rayva Swiftstring, Archer Template, and something like Ariel Fyuri but don't use that one.

Try Crystal Hunnigan or Rayva Swiftstring since those are the two I use the most.

Hunnigan btw, not Hannigan.

Alright people. I'm gonna print myself off a list of those who are already in the Guild and those who are not, and then send invites to anyone who isn't in the Guild already. I will also put some sort of thing next to their name on the OP indicating whether or not they've joined yet. Be sure that if you don't see your name on the list and you want in, either send me a PM here on CAG, post it in this topic, or whisper me online in game @ Rayva Swiftstring or Crystal Hunnigan.

SO I'm close to finally ascending. I've done one of the trhee missions and hope to finish tonight. Oh, and that desert is a fucking bitch. Also, some people have no fricking clue how to keep themselves alive.

[quote name='greendj27']SO I'm close to finally ascending. I've done one of the trhee missions and hope to finish tonight. Oh, and that desert is a fucking bitch. Also, some people have no fricking clue how to keep themselves alive.[/QUOTE]

And how not to aggro.

I can't go on a fucking mission without at least 2 fucking idiots who die constantly or aggro every goddamn enemy and cause the whole party to die.

I've got 700HP as a Necro and even I know when to pull out. Idiots.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Well, Here's the names that I have on my account at the moment. Crystal Hunnigan, Rayva Swiftstring, Archer Template, and something like Ariel Fyuri but don't use that one.

Try Crystal Hunnigan or Rayva Swiftstring since those are the two I use the most.

Hunnigan btw, not Hannigan.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I messed up lol. I don't know what I was thinking...probably I was thinking of Alyson Hannigan lol...but yeah, I"ll do the "u" next time I get on. :)

what do you guys think,a N/Mo, a Mo/E, or both vice versa? I can't decide, I want to have a lot of energy, and be able to do a lot, and not so much be a support character.

If you're going to be a Necro and not a secondary Warrior, then don't bother with blood magic.

I'd go with Mo/Me, that's what my secondary character is.

Hey guys Im new to CAG and I was wondering if I could get a clan invite to Guild Wars. My name is Crazy Death Riot. Thank You So Much.

[quote name='vHIMv']Hey guys Im new to CAG and I was wondering if I could get a clan invite to Guild Wars. My name is Crazy Death Riot. Thank You So Much.[/QUOTE]

dude finally you joined.

May I be in the guild? I am W\E6. I just got the game a few days ago. I am working on leveling right now, and maybe party with a few people. Name is Sgm Superstar

[quote name='Superstar']May I be in the guild? I am W\E6. I just got the game a few days ago. I am working on leveling right now, and maybe party with a few people. Name is Sgm Superstar[/QUOTE]

In order for me to invite you, you have to quit whatever guild you're already in.

vHIMv, your invite has been sent.

wow this would be my new record for arena:

14 at shiverpeak....
one of the people in my party leveled up to 16.
started as 3 15's and a 14.
I owned.

We lost on the next one.....

Bum Bum Bum! New statuses added on OP.

Alright I think the time has come where we need to organize a meeting time so that those of us who can do Tomb matches can get together and start trying to earn a sigil for our clan. I can be on at anytime pretty much... so let the planning begin.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Bum Bum Bum! New statuses added on OP.

Alright I think the time has come where we need to organize a meeting time so that those of us who can do Tomb matches can get together and start trying to earn a sigil for our clan. I can be on at anytime pretty much... so let the planning begin.[/QUOTE]

well, my guy is like 1,000 xp away from lvl 18, so I think I may get my 20 before the end of the week :D

And I'm good anytime before this saturday, and after sometime mid July(I'm going to Hawaii)

EDIT: Level 18 halfway to 19, probably 20 tomorrow.

Well i got back from college a couple weeks ago and started working, so i havent had much time to play recently. But after i get a wireless network set up in my house i should be able to play in the evenings.

if we don't set up anything else, I may make my own guild, or join someone elses. sorry guys but this one is a little too slow. Do we even have 8 lvl 20s? oor 6? me and vhimv should be 20 before this friday.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']if we don't set up anything else, I may make my own guild, or join someone elses. sorry guys but this one is a little too slow. Do we even have 8 lvl 20s? oor 6? me and vhimv should be 20 before this friday.[/QUOTE]

I'm level 20 already. I got there sometime last week. I'm sure we have enough level 20's. My only problem is that I haven't played much PvP. I need to practice some of that to figure out which skills I should take with me on the PvP stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back