The OFFICIAL Juan Cena Wrestling Thread (Don't be fooled by imitations!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='dkreegz515']my theory on cm punk vs. fan... wwe trying to get some publicity, and if they are gonna show a clip... why not have it be their champ... why not have vince mcmahon part of the clip.[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt they'd risk the PR backlash and Linda's Senate race with a storyline where a WWE employee assaults a fan.

[quote name='Purple Flames']I highly doubt they'd risk the PR backlash and Linda's Senate race with a storyline where a WWE employee assaults a fan.[/QUOTE]

Ah yes. Big Bird's senate race. Gotta wonder if they'll actually punish Punk since they're presently under a microscope.

(The answer is most likely no—but this campaign is very important to the McMahons. Lotsa money has been and is being thrown at the demise of any chance at creativity in WWE for the foreseeable future.)

[quote name='Dr. Venkman']Can you imagine if the fan that Punk blindly swung at out of anger happened to be a woman? The backlash would have been very interesting.[/QUOTE]
Also beautifully ironic.

-Also of note, Vince McMahon went on a tear before Raw on Monday, but in the midst of all of that, there is a buzz because one prominent wrestler fired back at Vince and didn't hold back. Details are sketchy because so few people were in the room, but PWTorch has learned that at least one powerful player in WWE let Vince know that he is a big part of the problem and blaming others and trying to intimidate people into fearing his wrath doesn't change that fact.

Man, to have been a fly on *that* wall.

[quote name='mykevermin']Man, to have been a fly on *that* wall.[/QUOTE]

Well, someone needs to divulge that juicy bit of information. My guess is CM Punk or Randy Orton. I would absolutely love it to be Triple H or John Cena, though, considering how much power they have within WWE.

[quote name='Chase']Well, someone needs to divulge that juicy bit of information. My guess is CM Punk or Randy Orton. I would absolutely love it to be Triple H or John Cena, though, considering how much power they have within WWE.[/QUOTE]

Cena, Trips or Orton would be fun, just to see how untouchable any of those three really are.

Punk hasn't quite hit that level yet IMHO but he's getting there. He's ready to play Bret Hart to Cena's Hogan, except with HBK's tendencies to be an overt dick beyond the scope of being a heel.

[quote name='Scorch']ha. well.[/QUOTE]
Meet Hogan and get a free copy of his newly released "tape".:rofl:

The internet wet dream would obviously be if it were Heyman that did that, but I kind of doubt it. Punk and Orton seem to be the two guys who don't-give-a-fuck enough to do that. I guess there's a chance it was Cena but he seems too much like a company guy to do that, at least in front of other people. Maybe in private.

I actually hope it was HHH - it's nice if a top guy realizes something is wrong and speaks up, but it's more effective if a guy who can actually do something about it is the one complaining to the boss.

EDIT - Just noticed, another few inches and Punk would have nailed that little kid in the A's shirt. Wonder how things would be going right now if that had been what happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it was a work, but Cena seemed legit pissed when WWE insisted he'd be back in a couple of weeks after his recent surgery, and has come off as a little more critical of things in promos since, so I could see it being him. My money's still on Orton or Punk though.

I think you guys are confusing the CM Punk character with the man.

[quote name='KaneRobot']The internet wet dream would obviously be if it were Heyman that did that, but I kind of doubt it. Punk and Orton seem to be the two guys who don't-give-a-fuck enough to do that. I guess there's a chance it was Cena but he seems too much like a company guy to do that, at least in front of other people. Maybe in private.

I actually hope it was HHH - it's nice if a top guy realizes something is wrong and speaks up, but it's more effective if a guy who can actually do something about it is the one complaining to the boss.

EDIT - Just noticed, another few inches and Punk would have nailed that little kid in the A's shirt. Wonder how things would be going right now if that had been what happened.[/QUOTE]

Well, reports now say it was a "prominent wrestler," and Heyman falls short on both fronts. Sure, he's legendary to us, but he ain't that well respected behind the scenes at WWE, I think.

I doubt it's Punk, frankly. He's got the most to lose right now, so as the "face" of the company, he's more likely to be defensive of the product (he's the champ and has been for almost a year, right?).

I don't care to speculate on who it was though. I'd love to find out more about it. Only a matter of time in this dirt sheet era.

The question is whether it was someone who has enough status to not worry about repercussions, which would be a tiny group, or whether it's someone who is so sick of the place that they just don't give a fuck anymore.

I'm not saying it's a guess, but someone like Del Rio wouldn't be a huge stretch. He's fairly prominent, he's been horrendously booked, there have already been reports that he wants out, and he could go back to Mexico and make a decent living. Someone like that having the balls to stand up to Vince makes the most sense, since it's basically like telling WWE that they want to be buried.

Even it were someone like Cena, why now? He's had enough status for over 5 years to be called 'untouchable'. Weird timing.

Anyway, like someone said, we'll find out soon enough. If it really happened, it can't stay a secret for long.

[quote name='007']Anyway, like someone said, we'll find out soon enough. If it really happened, it can't stay a secret for long.[/QUOTE]

Who will get the "camera cut to ________ in the ring, having made their entrance during the commercial break" treatment on this Monday's Raw?

Looks like Punk is on the wrong show. He should be on Smackdown.

Ive never cared for him. I don't know why, he just always rubbed me the wrong way.

Edit: its front page on cnn.com now.

We noted before that a top WWE star recently spoke out to Vince McMahon about the quality of the product and how everything is going downhill, putting the blame on Vince to his face. Other sources have confirmed this went down but details are sketchy because so few people were in the room. Word is the talent let Vince know that he is a big part of WWE's problems and blaming others and trying to intimidate people into fearing him doesn't change that fact.

hISGZ.png

Despite being pulled from online listings, WWEDVDNews reports that WWE's Attitude Era DVD and Blu-ray sets are still confirmed for release on November 20th. They speculate that the sets will have a low-key release due to all the recent attention on the Attitude Era from Linda McMahon's political opponents. It's odd that no match listings and no cover art has been released yet but the sets are 100% confirmed for release, according to WWEDVDNews.com.

This might get extremely hard to find very quickly on blu ray (WWE doesn't seem to mass produce blu's like they do DVD's).. thinking about ordering a second copy to keep sealed

Loved Impact a lot.

Full thoughts -

Tonight's card is Kim-Tess, Storm-Aries, and Hardy-Roode, which all sound better than the PPV matches in THREE DAYS - sure doesn't seem like it. It still feels like that September period where they're getting things set up for the big show as opposed to solidifying things. I also expect at least one joke based on the show airing on 10-11-12. The Aces theme in the show-opening recap is so hilariously generic. It's like public domain biker music. Shockingly, the show is beginning with Storm's match instead of 20 minutes of talking. As long as they go through with it and don't do a fuck finish to lead to 20 minutes of talking, this should be fun. World champ in the opener is weird. They plugged the BFG pre-show on Spike via a white text corner graphic that was impossible to read since it was against the ring. Loved Storm and Aries doing fast-paced stuff. Or rather, Aries doing fast-paced stuff and Storm doing a pretty good job of keeping up. This is the best singles match Storm's had in many many months. Loved Storm eating an elbow during a corner charge, but still running in for a clothesline anyway. They had a great reverse sunset rollup back and forth into the ropes.Roode attacking Storm from behind by posting him leading to a brainbuster from Aries was great. Outstanding TV match and a great way to make Aries seem like a star and furthering the Storm-Roode deal. Aries' chest is all messed up from the chop war. Wes Brisco, the world's oldest-looking 28 year old in a plain white T-shirt, begged Kurt to go to BFG. Then AJ came and bitched at Kurt for not being dedicated after he himself spent months sidetracked by Daniels and Kaz.

Sting's favorite memory of last year's show was making Hogan see the light. Kinda surprised they didn't show Hogan running wild afterwards. Hogan and Sting said a bunch of cliches to build up the Aces and 8s match. Hogan's air guitar is a .02 on the Slater scale and I don't know what happened to Sting being a great promo, but he's been terrible for a while. The world tag champs of the world came out to get their match off the card and recommended Angle for the Aces match while Daniels made some tremendous facial expressions. Bully defended the choice saying that they're in a fight, and that he and Sting should face the tag champs of the world of the whateva! Bully and the champs ruled here.

Poor Hernandez gets Chavo's generic theme. Now that theme fails to fit two men on this team. Taz mocking Willy's jacket was great. Hernandez lifting AJ FROM THE MAT INTO A BEARHUG ruled. Taz said it was straight up BEAST MODE. Right on. Hernandez looked great doing power stuff, but seemed a few step behind AJ trying to keep up with his pace. Loved AJ selling the pounce tackle by flying halfway across the ring. That was fun. Then the Aces fed Joseph Park some cheap food. He's at least growing stubble to sell this, which makes me think we'll see the return of a bearded Abyss at BFG.

Ion, whose theme I now recognize, played so he could brag about himself and how he took out the whole division. Loved his pretty f'n speech leading to the whole F'N show coming out. Ion-RVD is a great way to put Ion strong over a legend, or give RVD a token reign with the title. Hogan said he doesn't trust Bully, who's trying to get ready for his match up next. Sting yelled and screamed in an annoying fashion and said he didn't trust Bully. I hope Bully turns on him and shuts him up. His allies are real assholes.

Brooke Hogan's giant boobs met with Taryn Terrell's bigger boobs for a meeting. Brooke is TARAING HER HAIR OUT over Tara. Haha. Tara's BF will be there on Sunday. Loved Taz referencing JOEY NUMBAHS again. I hope he's got a Twittah machine. Loved Bully's character being a face, but still a fine bully - only now he bullies guys who deserve it. It's hard to believe the show is half over because it's flown by so far. Loved Bully's corner headbutts to the chest of Danies, and trying to go after the champs with a chair when they double teamed Sting. Bully saving Sting from a Daniels belt shot was good, and Sting did a lot more in this match than I thought he would. Bully's WTF look when Sting told him to get the tables ruled. VINTAGE SUPERBOMB THROUGH THE TABLE. This ruled. What an awesome way to give the match an exciting finish, make the Bully/Sting team seem strong, and yet not really hurt the tag champs. Daniels going into wacky Devon convulsions ruled, as did Bully and Sting doing the NWO point at each other. The whole dynamic of the Aries-Hardy feud is weird, and the video package furthered that. It's like the strangest tale of one-upsmanship ever.

Gail and Tess had a pretty good match. I loved Tenay selling it as a great test for Tess because now she had to face the first-ever KOs champ. Loved Taz and Tenay's exchange about Taz's birthday. Crowd was super-dead for this. Tess's new version of the Final Cut looks good. Gail pulling out an Awesome (Kong) bomb to counter a rana ruled. Then Tess killed Gail with whatever the fuck her finisher is called. Loved Tess ending Tara's attack by hitting her with it. This was a lot of fun. Loved Storm calling Roode out for attacking him, and then getting into another brawl. Thank God Mo just happened to be there. Not feeling Mo so far in TNA.

Jeff Hardy's favorite BFG moment was diving 33 feet onto Abyss beause it was BFG. I guess that would be what, one foot for every thousand buys? Sting's HOF video was pretty good, although you'd kinda think they'd ask for some WCW footage as part of their deal with WWE - especially since Christian won't be there. They did a great job recapping the BFG card, but didn't say what would be on the pre-show, and really haven't pushed that hard. Al Snow's face never changing in the back to back to back photos of his face amused me - it closing with Snow's brown jacket made it even better. Roode came out to face Hardy and beat him down. I loved Roode looking on disapprovingly when Hardy came out. Tenay talked about Storm-Roode being their first match in over a year...yeah um no. Loved Roode taking a giant belly bump for a shoulder block to the stomach from the apron. They're doing a site poll to determine which BFG match airs on the pre-show. Well, that's unique and could really help the show out for last-second buys if the right match is chosen. Roode using a rear naked choke was unexpected, but fits him learning new submissions. Hardy landed right on Roode's head and went down onto for the whisper in the wind, so it actually hit, but looked fairly safe with the landing.

The low blow from Roode was a nice way to end the match without hurting him. Aries officially turning heel to end the show was kind of weird timing was, but at least did SOMETHING to make me care about the title match. Aries bringing up Hardy's rap sheet was a surprise, and this worked really well at selling that match as a big deal and making Aries seem like a physical threat to Hardy since he's snapped. I liked that while Aries did turn here, he's at least a justifiable heel in the sense that the fans and company are supporting an ex-con more than him, and he feels slighted since he's worked his way from the bottom up without gaining a criminal record in the process. TNA really needed to hit a home run tonight after a month of iffy build, and they did. I can't wait for the PPV, and they did make me excited about the pre-show with the HOF clips and fan-picked match.

Screens -
http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/npq5zgfvengxlsu9hg80x0uj3xf7omac

According to the KC shoot she recently did, Sunny banged Dolph Ziggler and Chris Masters at one point.

It's kind of a sad interview since the beginning of it is her talking about how she feels great after getting out of rehab and that boyfriend she flipped out on is with her.

Professional wrestling has to be one of the saddest "sports" in terms of the drama that often follows the talent. Much of it reads like a redneck soap opera.

[quote name='Clak']Professional wrestling has to be one of the saddest "sports" in terms of the drama that often follows the talent. Much of it reads like a redneck soap opera.[/QUOTE]

Put spoiler tags, you jackass!

[quote name='clak']professional wrestling has to be one of the saddest "sports" in terms of the drama that often follows the talent. Much of it reads like a redneck soap opera.[/quote]

Holy shit I can't believe I fell for it.

I know the Attitude Era Dvd/blu was mentioned a few pages back as not being canceled, but I don't know if anyone mentioned it would have a PG rating in line with the current wwe product.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1351673-wwe-dvd-news-company-not-canceling-attitude-era-dvd

" When The Journal Inquirer asked Brian Flinn about the DVD's content, he said it "would be rated as TV-PG and will reflect the company's family values marketing of recent years." "

This worries me.

[quote name='jbroush99']Holy shit I can't believe I fell for it.[/QUOTE]

I know, we might as well just turn on that Honey Boo Boo shit.

I've regretted every WWE DVD purchase I've ever made. Thankfully, I've bought

During the Mike Mondo vs Mike Bennett match on the ROH iPPV tonight Kevin Kelly goes "fans are respecting Mondo" as the crowd chants "Mondo Sucks" loudly. :rofl:

On going results from the ROH Glory By Honor XI... final update at 10 PM CST.... already a MATCH OF THE YEAR candidate on this show with Jay Lethel vs Davey Richards.

*Caprice & Coleman def. Bravados. Good opening match.
*Mike Bennett def. Mike Mondo.
*Haas/Benjamin def. Titus/Whitmer. At one point Haas and Whitmer got into a shouting match in the middle of the ring screaming "fuck you" at each other repeatedly.
*Footage from last weekend's Steen vs Lethel match is shown including the fall out of Lethel attacking Cornette. ROH for the most part did a good job editing the footage to not show the fans really pissed off tho you could hear "we want refund" at one point.
*Lethel def Richards in a match of the year contender. Five star match! Post match Eddie Edwards comes out to check on Davey's condition.
*Rhino vs Dardarius Thomas... was original Roderick Strong but he quit the House Of Truth. Truth Martini went backstage and brought out Rhino. Missed most of the match due to watching the end of the Carolina @ Tampa Bay NASL semi final game. Post match Rhino threw Martini out the ring. Martini got legit hurt. Easily the weakest match tonight.
* TV champ Adam Cole vs Eddie Edwards. 30 minute time limit. Cole wins.
*Briscoes aka #DemBoys vs ROH Tag Champs Jimmy Jacobs & Steve Corino (S.C.U.M). S.C.U.M. wins after Corino low blows both Briscoes.
*ROH World Champ Kevin Steen vs Michael Elgin. Steen retains. Slow 10 minute start but then really turned great after that. Post match Roderick Strong attacked Elgin. After that Nigel McGuiness was told to give a package to Kevin Steen in case he won. Steen opened the package real slowly in the ring only to look inside the book in shock. He then slowly pulled out El Generco's mask as the show ended. EL GENERICO IS BACK!

Non-spoiler summary: Outside of one semi dud match and I'm only saying that because it was an okay match but didn't do much for me... easily worth $15.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of Dolph, I saw him today at NYCC and had a pretty great experience. I was cosplaying from Arrested Development with my girlfriend (...we were George Michael and Maybe, the cousins, sooo...), and I told her that Dolph seems like he would recognize us.

As soon as we go up, he rushes up to us and says "I want in on this!" and gets in our banana stand (not a euphemism, for those that didn't watch the show) and says he's Jason Bateman.

Really cool dude, a bunch of his press guys started taking fancy pictures of him with us. I asked him when he's cashing in-

He said it looks like it's gonna be at HITC, but it might be him selling the show. Then again, he said it kinda side-barish in a semi-serious tone, as opposed to selling anything.

Also, he signed my banana. Not a euphemism either.

[quote name='Tybalt Flux']I was cosplaying from Arrested Development with my girlfriend (...we were George Michael and Maybe, the cousins, sooo...)[/QUOTE]

I don't understand why you'd go to NY Comic Con as sit-com characters. Also, it's spelled Maeby.

[quote name='xilly']I don't understand why you'd go to NY Comic Con as sit-com characters. Also, it's spelled Maeby.[/QUOTE]

Trying to understand cosplay choices, or even cons themselves, in general is inherently fruitless. There is no curve for what's asinine anymore. That being said, I've done the costume before at an anime con and had a fantastic reception, and an even better one at NYCC. We literally couldn't go past a minute of the time we were in costume without being asked for pictures or being referenced to. So I guess it wasn't that bad of a choice.

And Dolph signed my banana.

TNA BFG tonight, got it ordered on PPV. Should be a good one. Hopefully the crowd will be hot and not like the Nashville crowd last time they went to a different arena. I heard they sold 3-4,000 tix for this one.

Thanks for the ROH results demo. I have bad luck getting ROH IPPVs and as excited I was for Elgin vs Steen I didn't want to waste my time and not get be able to get it.

[quote name='Tybalt Flux']Trying to understand cosplay choices, or even cons themselves, in general is inherently fruitless. There is no curve for what's asinine anymore. That being said, I've done the costume before at an anime con and had a fantastic reception, and an even better one at NYCC. We literally couldn't go past a minute of the time we were in costume without being asked for pictures or being referenced to. So I guess it wasn't that bad of a choice.

And Dolph signed my banana.[/QUOTE]

Dolph had a really big crowd, Mattel's booth was in the worst possible position though...right at the top of an escalator onto the show floor. I really hope the girl cosplaying as Dolph was able to get to meet him, she didn't have a ticket but they said that they would try to get the people without them in.

[quote name='diddy310']Dolph had a really big crowd, Mattel's booth was in the worst possible position though...right at the top of an escalator onto the show floor. I really hope the girl cosplaying as Dolph was able to get to meet him, she didn't have a ticket but they said that they would try to get the people without them in.[/QUOTE]

Aw that sucks, I was impressed someone came in all decked out. She did a great job, I know Dolph actually pointed at her and acknowledged her as she was passing in front while in line, so hopefully he got her in somehow.

And yeah, that booth was incredibly badly positioned, but I think it was the most efficient line out of any I was at NYCC. I was maybe in line for five to ten minutes before I was up to see Dolph, and that was when I just walked up to the line randomly around 3:20 (I had a ticket though).

Saw this on WrestleView, posted by Robert Gibson on Facebook:

We need more prayers. for Bobby eaton of the Midnight Express just heard he's in the hospital with heart failure ammonia diabetes and gout thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back