The Official July CAG 2010 Pick-Ups Thread - So Fresh So Clean Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Fire_Thief']Ehh, preciate the kind words. I'm deff not joining military, and deff not getting rid of my collection... But I do have a pile of duplicates and crappy games that I am going to get rid of. Be it lowball or eBay I will have them gone by next month. You can see most of it on my CML.[/QUOTE]

So what do you have left? :lol::lol::lol:

Omg and I the only one who is ecstatic here? FT lost his job, which means he won't have any money to buy games, WHICH MEANS no more posts about his crappy pick-ups!

HURRAY!! Let's all gather around and sing Kumbayah now :bouncy:

Picked up way too much this month. Used my built-up Paypal account, pretty much wiped it out. Here is everything since July 1st.

Beatles Rock Band: Special Edition, Mad Catz Wireless Bass, Splinter Cell 360 Console, Rock Band 2, Guitar Hero 5, Lego Rock Band & Green Day Rock Band from NewEgg. Also picked up a couple 4000 point cards as well. Traded in Lego Rock Band, Green Day Rock Band (after exporting the songs) and Beatles Rock Band with some other games I had laying around to pick up the 5 games in the bottom of that picture. I know that seems like a lot of music games but everyone seems to have fun with those when I have get togethers at my place. Can't complain about the prices I got either.

All of these games from B2G1 sale. First two pics all from one store, third from one store, and the last two were from another different store. All complete and about half of them look like they've never been played.

Couldn't help myself. Got these for $16 something today thanks to the GameStop sale.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Guess you get to sell all that shit... I think the Military would actually do you good. You'd actually learn some extremely useful tools to help succeed in life.

Better get a recruiter on the phone and get out there and impress Mommy & Daddy.[/QUOTE]

Hell no, I do not want FT in the Army!! Join the NAVY

3 of the games i got were from b2g1f and i had credit burnin a hole in my pocket, the call of duty was 5 dollars from pawn shop

Ehh... Idk what Imma do. I guess I'm just gonna keep watchin' School Rumble... It keeps me happy and gets my mind off things.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Ehh... Idk what Imma do. I guess I'm just gonna keep watchin' School Rumble... It keeps me happy and gets my mind off things.[/QUOTE]

How old are you?

[quote name='JP']Coast Guard.[/QUOTE]
I'd personally join the National Guard if they were actually used to guard THIS nation. But every time I see deployments announced on the shitbox the troops are going over to bumfuck in the Middle East.:roll:

What part of NATIONAL doesn't the gov't understand?

Just ordered Lego Indiana Jones 2 on 360 for $14.99 at Amazon. I know, I shouldn't be spending.. But I really wanted this one, wanted it since release. I'll have it beat in a few days!

[quote name='Fire_Thief']19.

Just ordered Lego Indiana Jones 2 on 360 for $14.99 at Amazon. I know, I shouldn't be spending.. But I really wanted this one, wanted it since release. I'll have it beat in a few days![/QUOTE]

Go to college.

[quote name='Freemason']damn where did you get those fine titles? *snicker*[/QUOTE]

If you're trying to be sarcastic, you're a terrible human being.

dscn1467.jpg

dscn1475.jpg

tons of stuff came in the mail today:

IMG_20100719_183227.jpg

picked up a da vinci code cryptex at a goodwill today for $5, pretty nifty little gadget

[quote name='Fire_Thief']19.

Just ordered Lego Indiana Jones 2 on 360 for $14.99 at Amazon. I know, I shouldn't be spending.. But I really wanted this one, wanted it since release. I'll have it beat in a few days![/QUOTE]
Rent it?

[quote name='gbpackers94']Rent it?[/QUOTE]

You crazy bruh... He's playing real life Pokemon with gaming systems. He's gotta catch them all.

F_T - May we ask, how were you terminated. Was it just a reduction in force? Or were you caught in the act?

This came in a few days ago... just got around to uploading a pic:

4810846207_38b00848f8.jpg

Lookin' forward to this after Persona 3, but that's gonna be eating up my psp time for a little while it seems.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']FFFUUUUU I lost my job... and my ex don't speak to me anymore and she got a new man she's living with. I'm all alone by myself all the time, this sucks... Besides the military what can I do to get myself good again guys? I'm fucked up right now, this is not a lie.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for making my day a little better.

Picked up these 7 games for $95 shipped on eBay :)

Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 2 CE (just game/bonus disc/case)
Just Cause 2
Alpha Protocol
Dragon's Age: Origins Awakening
COD MW2
Battlefield BC2 LE

!BwFSM6Q!mk~$(KGrHqYOKiIEwR!2fMdSBMHWB3wZ+g~~_12.JPG

So far have sold 5 of the games (outside of ME2 CE) for $162 ($135 after eBay/PP fees & shipping) + $29.40 in AZ credit for trading Battlefield BC2 to Gazelle.

I'd say that was a successful flip.

Firstly, I'm in college. At least I'm not sitting around doing nothing with my life. I've even taken an extra class so I'm full time plus one. My first real quarter.. it's gonna take 8 to get an associate's degree. Ughhh... However it will be shortly after I turn 21 so that much time hasn't truly been lost.

I lost my job because the manager said it was "my time to go". Wtf is that? I'm going to the unemployment office today. It was me and two girls working there... They had it out for me obviously.

This is a pick-up, though not technically something I bought.

This month, just this weekend, while having a yardsale, I found the manual and serial keys to my copy of Battlefield 2 in a box of old books. I really enjoyed that game, but after the move couldn't find the serials! Now I've got them!

OFF TO PROJECT REALITY

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Firstly, I'm in college. At least I'm not sitting around doing nothing with my life. I've even taken an extra class so I'm full time plus one. My first real quarter.. it's gonna take 8 to get an associate's degree. Ughhh... However it will be shortly after I turn 21 so that much time hasn't truly been lost.

I lost my job because the manager said it was "my time to go". Wtf is that? I'm going to the unemployment office today. It was me and two girls working there... They had it out for me obviously.[/QUOTE]

what the hell does this have to do with this thread? go talk to some friends or find a different message board/other thread for this kind of thing to help you with your problems.

I know this has been said a million times to you but THIS ISN'T YOUR fuckING BLOG.

picked up Dragon Age: Origins from walmart for the 360.
Cheapest i found it was $25 used and with shipping and tax it was $30 so i just spent the extra $9 to get it new :D.
10 hours in right now and i love it so far!

oh yea, my dad got me a new graphics card so now i can finaly play computer games again!
it's an amd 5800, so im super excited to start pc gaming.

boring story on why i needed a new graphic card (don't read it if you hate bad spelling/grammer)
I wanted to be able to play WoW and TF2 (mainly) at a good framerate so i wanted a new graphics card, which then turned into me getting a new computer for my birthday. The first new computer i got was great but it started crashing a lot, mainly when i would download something or when i would listen to music, so we ended up returning it (and my harddrive with it -.- never got it back either). So we ordered another computer which worked fine untill i tryed to play games, turnes out the computer came with a horrible graphics card , so i couldn't use the computer for what i wanted it for... finaly my dad bought me a graphic card that should last a long time rather then having to replace cheap ones.

[quote name='ninja dog']what the hell does this have to do with this thread? go talk to some friends or find a different message board/other thread for this kind of thing to help you with your problems.

I know this has been said a million times to you but THIS ISN'T YOUR fuckING BLOG.[/QUOTE]
To be fair, no one will else will shuttup about it either. His responding to the comments isn't that bad.

[quote name='dorino']To be fair, no one will else will shuttup about it either. His responding to the comments isn't that bad.[/QUOTE]
I would agree with this.
I come in here to see what people buy, not read people complaining/insulting/laughing about FT. :roll:

[quote name='lmz00']That watermelon N64 is legit. My goal is to have one of every color, sealed. Shame they never pop up. :([/QUOTE]

i originally wanted a green one, but this one came in such a good deal i couldn't resist. :roll:

[quote name='mguiddy']I would agree with this.
I come in here to see what people buy, not read people complaining/insulting/laughing about FT. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Seconded. FT is not the problem.

[quote name='dorino']To be fair, no one will else will shuttup about it either. His responding to the comments isn't that bad.[/QUOTE]

fair enough. well, i said my piece and that's all i got :)

[quote name='lolwut?']If you're trying to be sarcastic, you're a terrible human being.[/QUOTE]

it was a joke as I traded those to him for his psp 1001 so was just being coy.

I always find myself checking appshopper.com daily and downloading dozens of free and paid apps. I've bought over 100 apps and have easily spent over $150 in all on them. I love them. Just bought Modern Combat: Sandstorm tonight, which is on sale for 99 cents, down from 5 bucks. It's basically MW 2 in the desert. Online multiplayer and all. Woot woot!

[quote name='KillerRamen']I think this is it for me this month.

(From the past couple of weeks)[/QUOTE]

Is the ending to Scott Pilgrim good? Don't give too much away, please :lol:

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']Someone on craigslist was actually selling One Piece? lol[/QUOTE]

actually they were selling only the ps2 games, but I saw one piece and asked how much they wanted for it. they wanted $15 so I bit.

[quote name='idd0tt']actually they were selling only the ps2 games, but I saw one piece and asked how much they wanted for it. they wanted $15 so I bit.[/QUOTE]
Jealous! That's such a steal. I have one, but it's missing the manual, and I also had to trade quite a bit for it. :/

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']Is the ending to Scott Pilgrim good? Don't give too much away, please :lol:[/QUOTE]

I liked it. (I don't want to say anything because I'm afraid that I might spoil something. Also, it's out and it can be read fairly quickly. So just read it already. :lol:)

Not very spoilerish, but
I can safely say that it was not the ending I expected... It was nice.

...Now I just need to find a day when I can reread the entire series in one sitting.

Another postal crate of stuff

:ps3: Buzz Quiz TV with PS2 wired controllers/GH: Metallica/GH:World Tour/Band Hero/Ghostbusters/MK vs. DC Universe/The Simpsons Game $55 - eBay. Gazelling the GH games for $43 back. BCB wasn't instant this time :cry:
:360: FIFA 10 $13.xx - eBay
:wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl $14.xx - eBay. No manual and ended up finding that Wii Bundle the other day that had this game included. No description, listed as Like New, still a decent price I guess.
:gc: Baiten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean - Goozex
:wii: Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn/Endless Ocean: Blue World $28.47/$24.20 - goHastings. Fire Emblem has no manual, Endless Ocean is complete though.
:ds: Picross 3D $14.24 - goHastings. Complete

Three things from goHastings came with unused Nintendo Registration cards, one for Fire Emblem was for Wii Play though. Not sure if I'm going to keep the B2G1 for $1 order that Endless Ocean came in. $1 title was :ds: Knights in the Nightmare, still pending after a few days so starting to think it's going to get canceled. :cry:

Guy that I bought the PS3 bundle scotched taped the games down, piece of the Simpsons disc artwork came straight off. :bomb:

p7210559.jpg

Just picked up:

Star Wars: Ultimate Sith Edition (PS3)
Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition (PS3)
Metroid Prime Trilogy

All for 85 (which most of it was GS credit)

Will post pictures later

:ds:
Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
Squishy Tank $4.99

:wii:
DJ Hero with Turn Table $39.99
Little King's Story $19.96

:psp:
LocoRoco 2 $1.97

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done