The Official June CAG 2010 Pick-Ups Thread - Support Line Approved! 1-800-BETS-OFF

well he hasnt been getting many from eBay... but his feedbacks are awesome

iconPos_16x16.gif
Really, bruh? Did you seriously make me sign for a 3 dollar PS2 game??

its ok, hearing the truth can be painful sometimes, and if he hates us, it must be starting to sink in so instead of dealing with it.. its easier to hide on another forum.

I'm glad he decided to post his junk elsewhere. It's amusing watching him make a fool of himself with his posts and videos, but when everyone chimes in about how he needs to save his money and all that, it gets old.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston'][media] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GrLlPFUots
[/media][/QUOTE]

There may be a kid that is worse at pretending to rap than fire_thief
"What the fuck you gonna do, man you smell like poo poo, doo doo, I got a boo boo"
from 2:45-2:50

fuckin hilarious.. and yeah that's only the funniest part I found from randomly clicking and listening to different parts to see how bad it was.. I listened for like 30 seconds, maybe someone else can find more golden nuggets of hilarity

Great haul elessar123! Totally jealous!

Just picked up an green, 8GB iPod Nano. Finally part of the iPod generation again since my original Mini crapped out on me about two years ago.

Doing pretty good so far this month.
Picked up a Slim and an Edge membership yesterday for $108 after trading in my 2006 20GB and some odds and ends.
0620100220.jpg

Some random trades and MGS: PW purchase. Did some complicated trades but cost me $5 for Harvest Moon and $20 for Earthbound. Harvest Moon is in pretty poor condition but Earthbound is absolute Mint.
0620100234b.jpg

More tradan.
0620100234.jpg

Sears clearance for $7.xx.
0620100234a.jpg

Thanks goHastings!
0618101918.jpg

Also not really a pickup, but found a few CIB NES games at my other house. Not a bad find at all.
0531001417.jpg

Game Stop B2G1 Free, Couldn't quite find everything i wanted, but i think i did pretty good. And my Edge ended a while ago so i picked up a new card and subscrition since it pretty much paid for itself this time. Best Part was Split/Second and Just Cause 2 had its Best Buy & Game Stop Pre-Order Codes unclaimed.

Also picked up a Black Classic Controller Pro from TRU for $13.99. I only had one OG Classic Controlled before so it was a good time to pick up the new one.

main.php

[quote name='Denzalo']Alpha Protocol? Whyyyyy??[/QUOTE]

Mostly because they didnt have shit else i didnt own already, so it was between that and Nier for new games i didnt own.

does the Classic Controller for Wii work with GameCube games? (I realize u can use NGC controllers in the wii, but all of mine are really beat up and chewed on for some reason lol)

Purchased the following from Steam

iconpcwin.gif
All Point Bulletin pre-order
iconpcwin.gif
Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Map Pack x2 (bought one for a friend)

Picked up some dvd's(all complete) for a $1 a piece at a flea market.
The Host, Thirst, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Franklyn , The Fall, and a Dora the explorer(for my daughter)

[quote name='Denzalo']Alpha Protocol? Whyyyyy??[/QUOTE]
i havn't played it yet, but what so bad about it, i know the combat is broken, but the choice making stuff seems cool... i just made the game sound really stuipid to my self now.

[quote name='jab1235']i havn't played it yet, but what so bad about it, i know the combat is broken, but the choice making stuff seems cool... i just made the game sound really stuipid to my self now.[/QUOTE]

The combat isn't broken at all, you just have to put points into the weapons you use. If you put all your points into stealth and wonder why your weapons are shit there's a reason for that. I put most of my points into my pistols and I was dropping bosses in 4-5 shots. It's really a great game.

[quote name='rainking187']The combat isn't broken at all, you just have to put points into the weapons you use. If you put all your points into stealth and wonder why your weapons are shit there's a reason for that. I put most of my points into my pistols and I was dropping bosses in 4-5 shots. It's really a great game.[/QUOTE]

minus the horrendous AI, dated graphics, clunky control and cover system, bad voice acting, and shoddy camera.. its not too bad.... rental IMO

Alrighty.. next batch for June...

2010-06-20232111_Shakopee_Minnesota.jpg

Parappa the Rapper PSP - $7 shipped from a CAG Lowball
Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice - $7.99 (ShopKo)
Wipeout Pulse - $7.99 (ShopKo)
PQ2 - $5.99 (KMart)
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles - $9.99 (KMart)

2010-06-20232140_Shakopee_Minnesota.jpg

Madden 10 - 550 Goozex Points
AC/DC Rock Band Track Pack - $4.99 (KMart)
Blur - $9.99 (Best Buy)

2010-06-20232209_Shakopee_Minnesota.jpg

GoHastings.com Shenanigans!

Alien Syndrome - $3
CounterForce - $3
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom - Free (Schwing!)

2010-06-20232155_Shakopee_Minnesota.jpg

Probably my pickup of the month so far...

Persona 3 - $19.97 (KMart)

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']My pick ups :D

picture.php

Happy I purchased this. Even more happy 3rd Birthday is coming. :D[/QUOTE]

You got a Saber gashapon? I thought you were hoping for Archer. :cool:
Did PEII make it all in one piece? Looks good from the pic.

[quote name='dv8mad']You got a Saber gashapon? I thought you were hoping for Archer. :cool:
Did PEII make it all in one piece? Looks good from the pic.[/QUOTE]

Archer.... :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

If I got a 3rd Archer I would have flipped the hell out!

Yeah PE2 was perfectly fine. Great packing job as always dude!!

p_00721.jpg

Dead Waves to add to the Asian collection, and the Ramune and Hi-Chew were an early b-day present for the lady friend. The Blue Hawaiian one was the best.

p_00722.jpg

Vice City and the guide were $5 shipped, and Alone in the Dark is still sealed. Ultimate Destruction is pretty great, and I've needed to add Silence of the Lambs to the collection again.

p_00723.jpg

Max Payne is sealed and was pretty cheap, and Silent Hill 3 is the Japanese import. Originally, it was $1.29 + $5 shipping from Hawaii, but the guy overcharged me for shipping and refunded me $.13. Then, he said he messed up and refunded me $5, so I essentially paid $1.16 for the game shipped.

p_00724.jpg

All from DJBooba's lowball sale. Laugh at HSM2, but I only have... 2 Blus now, and it was cheap, and Ashley Tisdale. Laugh all you want!! :booty:

And, probably my best pick-up for the last year... Hell, two years......

p_00726.jpg

p_00727.jpg

p_00728.jpg

It's the 4-Disc limited to 10,000 copies R3 The Host DVD set. It has the script and storyboard books, as well. It's huge, and the best part? $13.16 shipped. I expected to pay around $50 or $60 for it, but nobody else bid on it. It's now officially the highlight of my collection.

Well, as I'm broke again, this is probably my last post for the next few months :D

[quote name='Vulgarism']All from DJBooba's lowball sale. Laugh at HSM2, but I only have... 2 Blus now, and it was cheap, and Ashley Tisdale. Laugh all you want!! :booty: [/QUOTE]

...... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The incoming games from Goozex has slowed down. :(

Received Assassin's Creed 2 (PS3), Red Dead Redemption (PS3), and Lunar (PSP). All complete. :)
JuneGoozexGames2.jpg

[quote name='pcktlnt']The incoming games from Goozex has slowed down. :(

Received Assassin's Creed 2 (PS3), Red Dead Redemption (PS3), and Lunar (PSP). All complete. :)
JuneGoozexGames2.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Damn dude good pick up. Looks like you're the only one to have got that off of Goozex so far. Looks minty fresh as well.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']Damn dude good pick up. Looks like you're the only one to have got that off of Goozex so far. Looks minty fresh as well.[/QUOTE]

It helped that I was 1st in line during the Tuesday morning release. :)

Here's what I've got so far this month.

0621001525.jpg

Used to play Turok at my cousin's house all the time, saw a decent deal on both games and picked them up. The Turok 2 box is beat up pretty bad, but my small N64 collection is all cart-only anyway so I didn't care.

0621001531.jpg

Battle Arena Toshinden, Blaster Master, and The Lost World were all games that I remember wanting after seeing them at Toys R Us back when they still had the walls with the plastic flaps that had the game cover and back on them. I've been on a PS1 kick for a couple weeks and they were cheap so I got them.

I played Resident Evil 3 on Dreamcast years ago and wanted to pick it up again so I got that.

Parasite Eve & the collector's CD were kind of an accidental pick-ups. I was on eBay looking for Parasite Eve 2 and saw an auction for a black label copy of the first game (which I already have). There was 20 minutes left on the auction and I think the bid was only two dollars. The auction said the collector's disc was missing and the game discs had light scratches that didn't affect game play. I bid, thinking I probably wouldn't win it for what I bid. It's one of my favorite games for PS1 and I always recommend it to my friends so I figured having one to loan out would be a good idea. I ended up winning it for ~$7 shipped. Then my OCD got the best of me thinking about the collector's CD being missing and I went ahead and did the cheapest BIN on eBay. So both together came up to $11 for a complete copy which sounded good to me. When the game showed up, it was complete WITH the collector's CD and the discs were flawless. I don't know what scratches the seller saw, but there are none on the discs that were sent to me. So now I have an extra 1998 collector's CD vol. 1. Going to have to put it back up on eBay to get rid of it.

As for Parasite Eve 2, like I said above, I had been looking to get this for a while. My local mom & pop game store sells it used for $29.99 + tax. I bid on probably a dozen eBay auctions before winning it for ~$26 shipped. Probably paid too much, but I've really been wanting my own copy for a long time.

0621001530.jpg

Picked up a few games for PS2 this month. All of these are in good condition and complete except The Omega Strain.

I enjoyed the first two Onimusha games so I picked up the third.

Same with Syphon Filter, I enjoyed the PS1 games so I figured I'd try this one.

I've played Viewtiful Joe 2 on Gamecube before and liked it. Saw the two games together for cheap, so I picked them up.

I used to have Zone of the Enders, but I traded it to GameStop towards a slim PS2 years ago. My copy of The Second Runner was lonely on the shelf, so I picked it up again for cheap.

I have DMC 1&3, but never played 2. I know people said it wasn't that great, but I figured I would give it a shot anyway.

0621001529.jpg

FF: Dissidia and GI Joe were both $7.98 at Target on clearance. I knew GI Joe wouldn't be that great, but I was on a weekend trip with my PSP and wanted something new to play. It's definitely not great, but it passes the time. I also have a few long road trips coming towards the end of the summer, so anything to beef up the variety in my PSP collection is welcome.

Avengers I & II was $12 at Sears. The Hangover Unrated was $15 at Target.

Got 3D Dot Game Heroes for $20.99 shipped from GameStop.com with one of my $10 off coupons.

Tetris was $4.98 at Target on clearance.

(I'm a new user so I can't post pics now. Don't know for how long, though.)

Sly Cooper 2 for $9 shipped. Never too late to get into the Sly games! Came with everything, including the poster.

And although this one's not really a June purchase, still wanted to share here. It's a 12" vinyl single of Noisia's Seven Stitches / Groundhog, promoting the latest WipEout games as part of the soundtrack. (Incidentally, Groundhog is also now on DJ Hero)

[quote name='CC Ricers'](I'm a new user so I can't post pics now. Don't know for how long, though.)

Sly Cooper 2 for $9 shipped. Never too late to get into the Sly games! Came with everything, including the poster.

And although this one's not really a June purchase, still wanted to share here. It's a 12" vinyl single of Noisia's Seven Stitches / Groundhog, promoting the latest WipEout games as part of the soundtrack. (Incidentally, Groundhog is also now on DJ Hero)[/QUOTE]
Nice Pickups. Just in case you didn't know: http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/14/sly-cooper-collection-coming-to-ps3-in-hd-and-3d/

Thought about biting on the 360 spring bundle at Target

June been quiet for me

-Bought Zelda 4 swords, Re3, and Re1 for GC $10 at a garage sale
-Gameboy Advance SP Black $5
-Uncharted 1 $10
-Blur $10

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kube00']Thought about biting on the 360 spring bundle at Target

June been quiet for me

-Bought Zelda 4 swords, Re3, and Re1 for GC $10
-Gameboy Advance SP Black $5
-Uncharted 1 $10
-Blur $10
[/QUOTE]

Damn where did you pick up those GC games?

so far this month

uncharted 1 -Free
halo 3 odst - Free
Metro 2033- 35
360 S - Free after all the traded in crap
secret agent clank -4.98
cabela outdoor advantures -7.48
bakugan -4.97
Red Ninja ( end of honor) -$12
Duel Master -$1 new sealed with booster pack (LOL he the heck plays this game. i bought it at the flea market because the package is show shiny)

I should post pictures. Next time...
2 Triumvir shirts & SF key chain - $30
3 Threadless shirts - $17
Ghost Recon XB - $4
MGS Peace Walker - $20

[quote name='gbpackers94']Nice Pickups. Just in case you didn't know: http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/14/sly-cooper-collection-coming-to-ps3-in-hd-and-3d/[/QUOTE]
I saw this on GS.com.....I swear this is the greatest thing to ever happen....ever, better than sliced bread even. This beats the snot out of the GoW collection!
I'm working on a pickups video, last one never go uploaded because...well I'm lazy. I have a lot of pickups from the last ~month, and I got a new "camera" so quality should be better.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']^ ur gonna regret purchasing alone in the dark, after about a few hours it just grows more and more frustrating.[/QUOTE]

It was
only a little over $4 shipped, and since it's still sealed, I'm sure I could get a dollar or two, so if I ever decide to let it go, I won't be out too much.
a great purchase!!! I do want to try the PS3 version, though, since I hear it's improved on a bunch of the problems from the 360 version.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']...... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:[/QUOTE]

Laugh all you want, I had the greatest (one person) dance party yesterday watching it.

[quote name='js1']Vulgarism, is that R3 version the Host Subtitled? Either way great pick up![/QUOTE]

The film is yeah, but the special features discs aren't. It's more of a collector's item, but it's probably the highlight of my collection now. It's beautiful, and the only special edition to come out here that can even come close is the 5 disc briefcase version of Blade Runner... Or the Futurama Bender head :D

I shall partake in this pick up list shenanigans:

Since 6/11:
:ps3: Final Fantasy XIII (new) - $16.99
:ps3: Street Fighter IV Ken wireless fightpad (new) - $22.50
:ps3: Super Street Fighter IV (new) - $17.99
:ps2: Auto Modellista (used) - $2.00
:ps2: Killer 7 (used) - $0.00
:ps2: Trivial Pursuit (new) - $4.98
:ps2: Unison: Rebels of Rhythm & Dance (used) - $4.00
:ps2: XIII (used) - $0.00
:psp: Dissidia Final Fantasy (new) - $7.48
:360: College Hoops 2k6 (used) - $0.00
:360: NBA 2k6 (used) - $0.00
:360: Sneak King (used--no manual) - $2.00

Got Dragon Age Awakenings for the 360 and Jade Empire for the OXBox, both from Goozex.

And, although I know I will feel massive buyer's remorse later, I am probably going to buy a Gryffindor outfit for my avatar later on tonight :oops:

[quote name='Fatso2027']I saw this on GS.com.....I swear this is the greatest thing to ever happen....ever, better than sliced bread even. This beats the snot out of the GoW collection!
I'm working on a pickups video, last one never go uploaded because...well I'm lazy. I have a lot of pickups from the last ~month, and I got a new "camera" so quality should be better.[/QUOTE]

HD BITCHES!! lol sorry i had to.

Gotta admit it's been mighty quiet since he stopped posting.

Picked up ME2 for 21 on GoHastings earlier this week. 1st time user at Hastings, hopefully all goes well.

Went to BBY, picked up

Code Geass S1 V1 SE - $9.99
:br:Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood v1 - $24.99
:360:Blur - $19.99
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 guide - $0.01

I finally decided to take pictures of my pick-ups.

IMG_0266.jpg

I finally replaced my Mystic Silver PSP-3000. The sound went out on mine a while ago, so I traded it in for $105 while they had that bonus. Two other CAG's convinced me to pick this one up pretty much, since I was somewhat leaning towards the Lilac PSP more. I've never played LocoRoco before so I figured it was worth a try, the rest I've been meaning to pick up for a while.

IMG_0268.jpg

PoP steelbook was from Vendetta :D The rest were from Gamestop's B2G1. Naruto UNS is the Limited Edition but it doesn't include any of the extras :bomb: :bomb: So I'm basically going to sit on it before I decide wheter to take it back or not. I do like the fact that it's a steelbook though, and I basically paid the same price as a regular copy goes for. I did forget to take a picture of Blur which I picked up as well.

IMG_0267.jpg

Pennied out guides from Best Buy. This now makes a total of 3 KH 358/2 Days guides lol.

Now the only thing I am missing is a carry case for the PSP. I already got the screen protector, but I don't want to put a silicone case on it like I had on my other PSP. The green color is too pretty to cover up.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Gotta admit it's been mighty quiet since he stopped posting.

Picked up ME2 for 21 on GoHastings earlier this week. 1st time user at Hastings, hopefully all goes well.[/QUOTE]

yea, he was the guy we all loved to hate.

very entertaining kid, I'll give him that. too bad we scared him away, he'll be back though (when he gets the sickest beast of a pickup that he can't help but brag about it to try to impress us) :lol:

bread's done
Back