The official N-Gage thread

[quote name='ViolentLee']Okay, my Rifts review is up: http://ngage.gamespy.com/
Good game, but I think my expectations were too high. Still well worth checking out.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, my N-Gage brother!

Did you feel like it took too long to level up? I don't know if they changed it from the demo version, but the one I played took forever to gain levels. I think I was nearly through with the demo and was only about halfway to reaching level 2. That's bullshit.

But still, I'm going to have to pick this game up. I've been really impressed with the latest generation of N-Gage games. Like I said before, it's a cryin' shame these games weren't released nearer to the N-Gage's launch. I definitely think it would have been a different story for my favorite handheld, if they had.

Happy to oblige, bro.

It does take a long time to level up. I thought that was a little weak, too. You only earn 50 XP for some tasks, but need like 5,000 XP to get to level 2. Kind of makes the stats/skills you pick during creation mean that much more. Unfortunately, none of the ones I chose at start were any good.

[quote name='sonicfreak5']N-gage owner here... never saw this thread where can i get Call Of Duty For N-Gage at a cheap price?
SONICN
IS THE ****[/QUOTE]

I have a ton of NGage games at my GS store. All $7 i think. Check your local EB/GS.

Has anyone else besides me received an autographed copy of Rifts from "Let's Talk"? When I first received it, I didn't really notice it, but then realized something was peculiar about it. I couldn't tell if it was an original signature, or just a computer generated signature. Does anyone know how many of these were signed by the author of Rifts?

[quote name='sonicfreak5']N-gage owner here... never saw this thread where can i get Call Of Duty For N-Gage at a cheap price?
SONICN
IS THE ****[/QUOTE]

I personally don't recommend Call of Duty. Ghost Recon: Jungle Strike is the far superior FPS on N-Gage.

I would really like to know where you guys get you're N-Gage games nowadays. I saw the cheap ones at Gamestop yesterday, but they weren't any good.

I'm looking for current generation of games that are being released like High Seize, Rifts and Mile High.

Lol bought my n-gage a couple of games and now im back into it.
Good idea even though i dont want to go to gamestop after the fighting with the gamestop guy who tried to rip me off.

About Call Of Duty im a big fan of the series so i thought it would be cool portable

Awesome review on High Seize, better then Advance Wars? That's a feat.
It's sad to say we will be seeing so little from the N-Gage over the next year, I wonder where Red Lynx will go? Since they produced so many good games for the n-gage, maybe they shoudl go DS or something.

I almost got an n-gage qd for 35 bucks. I saw one in a mom and pop video game store but their credit card serve was down, and I had gone downtown for my 1 hour and 45 minute break between classes on thursday. I was running late and didn't have time to go to an atm and come back (which would have taken longer since I had no idea where a bank was, and neither did the guy in the store). They closed before my classes ended, and I waited until tuesday when I had class again. It was gone by then.

Rise from the grave *pimp slaps the n-gage*

Hmm, did anyone play any of this years newer games? Or get their hands on Civilization? What other games do we have to look forward to this year? Payload and Warhammer is supposed to be out soon. I remember theres supposed to be a few other games announced in the future, but I'm guessing by the end of this year the N-Gage will pretty much be done.

I got 13 pretty decent games brand new at a Gamestop that had them at 75% off the $6.99 price, so $1.75 each. This was YMMV, I tried another store and they didn't know what I was talking about. Still...the N-Gage collection grows a bit.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Rise from the grave *pimp slaps the n-gage*

Hmm, did anyone play any of this years newer games? Or get their hands on Civilization? What other games do we have to look forward to this year? Payload and Warhammer is supposed to be out soon. I remember theres supposed to be a few other games announced in the future, but I'm guessing by the end of this year the N-Gage will pretty much be done.[/quote]

Didn't Nokia say something at last years E3 that the ngage games will be moving onto other phones in the future.....thought I heard something like that, maybe I am just loosing it though :lol:

just got a hold of an n-gage from letstalk.com, came with 5 crap games, but hit up eb for kof, bomberman, x-men legends 1, and ssx.

Upping an old thread, sorry, hehe.

I finally opened my N-Gage for the first time today (it's been sitting there for a couple of weeks, lol). I can't seem to get the battery cover open though and I feel really stupid for it. I press downt eh button but the damn cover won't slide or move at all. I took it to a couple of friends at EB and they couldn't remove it either. Help?

Everybody is clumsy their first time....opening their N-Gage battery case, that is. Do you have a QD or an old-school one? Either way, just give a good push on the button with your thumb, and use your other hand's thumb at the same time on the opposite end that it will slide to ease it out. If it's a QD, make sure the rubber stopper that covers the headphone input is loose.

Thread don't die on my now ^_^

Anyone check out the newer games? And I'm also curious on the phones that are supposed to play n-gage games.

I also noticed the n-gage website is back up for purchasing actual game units, as opposed to just downloading games as it was for a month or two. Games are $25 tho still.

Hey, quick N-Gage questions. I've been thinking about getting a new cell phone and I've been considering an N-Gage. The concept of a cell phone that plays real video games instead of the stuff that passes as games on mobile phones is very cool. However, I have a few questions:
1. Does anyone know if N-Gage's work with AT&T Sim Chips? I figure they will (My current phone is a Nokia), but I want to be absolutely sure.
2. How good a phone does the N-Gage QD really make?
3. What are some of the best games for the N-Gage? Most of the reviews I've seen tend to be either of dubious quality or boil down to "Huh, huh, N-GAGE SUXX0RZ!!1!"

[quote name='Hoffgod']Hey, quick N-Gage questions. I've been thinking about getting a new cell phone and I've been considering an N-Gage. The concept of a cell phone that plays real video games instead of the stuff that passes as games on mobile phones is very cool. However, I have a few questions:
1. Does anyone know if N-Gage's work with AT&T Sim Chips? I figure they will (My current phone is a Nokia), but I want to be absolutely sure.
2. How good a phone does the N-Gage QD really make?
3. What are some of the best games for the N-Gage? Most of the reviews I've seen tend to be either of dubious quality or boil down to "Huh, huh, N-GAGE SUXX0RZ!!1!"[/QUOTE]

1)it will work as long as the ngage isnt locked to any specific carrier
2)Cant speak from personal experiance about the QD but my old taco is an excellent phone
3)I havent played the newer games but i hear glitterati is good, and i enjoyed playing pathway to glory, pocket kingdom and monkey ball. Worms is always fun as well.

First time seeing this thread and I figured I'd see if anyone had one to trade. I prefer the QD due to its accessibility to the gameport.

[quote name='uberzone']I have one, with box and a 1gig MMC, carrying case and car lighter adapter. Make offer.[/QUOTE]

You've been PM'ed:D

I just got a BlackJack, so I'm offering up an N-Gage package for sale or trade. It includes:

N-Gage taco-style
N-Gage QD (this has the WSOD and needs to be reflashed)
Headsets, car chargers and wall chargers
Games: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (no case), Spider-Man 2, FIFA Soccer 2005, Operation Shadow, Colin McRae Rally 2005, Pathway to Glory, Pocket Kingdom, Ashen, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004, The Sims Bustin' Out
512MB multimedia card

I did like the N-Gage, but the BlackJack better serves my current needs.

I'm looking for an N-Gage machine. I have pretty much every game for it but nothing to play it on. My mom, huge Bomberman fan, is POed that she has a copy of N-Gage Bomberman but no N-Gage as well. So I need one.

Scratch free screen, no sticky buttons, no damage at all.

I'll talk trade with anyone here. I don't really have a whole lot to offer at this time though. Give me an idea of what you're looking for and I'll see if I can pull it together.

Sorry for resurrecting an ancient thread, but I didn't want to create another when there is so much info already on this one.

I picked up a QD on eBay on a whim because I got it for fairly cheap. About $100 for a like new system, with box, and all packing, and about 15 games. Some good games so far. Rayman is cool, SonicN seems playable, and I think I will enjoy Pathway to glory.

I have one major question if anyone still uses their system. How the hell do I change the volume on this thing? I've tried everything and it is just so damn loud.

It's a pretty cool obscure system and is right up my alley.

bread's done
Back