The Official PlayStation Vita Thread - 11/4: FW 3.00 Coming Just in Time for the PS4 Launch!

I seen somewhere, I think it was on youtube, that Sony is supposed to be updating the browser on the Vita. I wonder what it's about and if they will fix the vita to allow flash.

[quote name='krashhole']I seen somewhere, I think it was on youtube, that Sony is supposed to be updating the browser on the Vita. I wonder what it's about and if they will fix the vita to allow flash.[/QUOTE]

seeing how adobe is done with mobile flash it is not happening.

[quote name='krashhole']I seen somewhere, I think it was on youtube, that Sony is supposed to be updating the browser on the Vita. I wonder what it's about and if they will fix the vita to allow flash.[/QUOTE]
It's kind of hard to do it if the people making mobile Flash don't want to support it anymore.

Well damn, that sucks. Seems like in today's world they would do something else considering cell phones and tablets can play you tube videos.

[quote name='krashhole']Well damn, that sucks. Seems like in today's world they would do something else considering cell phones and tablets can play you tube videos.[/QUOTE]

I believe Sony is going to update the Browser to HTML 5 since that is the direction everyone is going including youtube.

I hope YouTube support comes along sooner rather than later. And the lack of MLB.TV support is disappointing. Even if it was enabled via remote play, I'd be a happy camper.

Has there been any talk about updates regarding when PS1 and more PSP games will be playable? I would think they would want that FW release to be done before E3.

Sooo.... any regrets spending the cash on this thing now that it's been a couple of months? I still have GameStop credit burning a hole in my pocket but I can't bring myself to buy one since my 3DS is almost never touched after I finished Mario.

[quote name='Javery']Sooo.... any regrets spending the cash on this thing now that it's been a couple of months? I still have GameStop credit burning a hole in my pocket but I can't bring myself to buy one since my 3DS is almost never touched after I finished Mario.[/QUOTE]

No the Vita is a really nice hardware it just need software right now. I got a good deal on a 3G Vita and a 32gb memory card, so I don't regret the purchase. I just want games and psone games support right now.

[quote name='nbballard']Agreed. With resistance and gravity rush coming, it'll have a solid collection of single player games. Looking forward to E3 announcements[/QUOTE]

yeah I can't wait for Resistance Burning Skies but I kept hearing about Gravity Rush so I finally looked up some gameplay videos.............yeah no thanks

[quote name='Javery']Sooo.... any regrets spending the cash on this thing now that it's been a couple of months? I still have GameStop credit burning a hole in my pocket but I can't bring myself to buy one since my 3DS is almost never touched after I finished Mario.[/QUOTE]

Nah, while I havent spent all that much time with it outside of hotshots golf, its been great for travel and for catching up on psp rpgs while my wife watches tv.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']yeah I can't wait for Resistance Burning Skies but I kept hearing about Gravity Rush so I finally looked up some gameplay videos.............yeah no thanks[/QUOTE]
Really? Open world with gravity control what's not to like?

I went all in with the First Edition Bundle at $350 and don't regret it at all. I love the system, the case that came with it is nearly perfect, and I am playing it quite regularly.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Really? Open world with gravity control what's not to like?[/QUOTE]

I had no idea it was open world; from the little bit of the kiosk demo I played I figured it was level based. Now I'm definitely getting it.

I got suckered in by the MLB12 PS3/Vita cloud play and have to say I'm digging the hell out of it. I can play ball while watching playoff hockey, huzzah.

I'll be the dissenting opinion and say that I'm not thrilled I spent the money, no. I like the system and think it has a great deal of potential, but the fact of it is that when I go to pick up one of my handhelds, the 3DS usually gets the nod.

I think the Vita is a great little handheld, but it's hard for me not to feel like I could've spent the $300 (plus games and a case) on something better at the time. That feeling has been amplified by the fact that the vast majority of games out now are still basically the launch titles, but now there are deals on the system itself. So, in my mind, I could've waited 2 months, gotten a better deal, and be in almost the exact same place I am now.

Also, none of the games have really wowed me yet. Uncharted was cool simply for no other reason than it being a full (kind of) Uncharted game on a portable, but it suffered from being the showcase for the new controls. I've always loved Hot Shots, so the Vita was effectively my HSG machine for a month. I also picked up Lumines, Rayman, MvC3, BlazBlue, Katamari, and Unit 13... yet I find myself enjoying the $10 downloadable SSD Delta more than any of them. There's potential here, but nothing is really grabbing me at the moment.

I'm glad I have the system, because I don't like not being able to play *everything*. From a purely practical and mercenary standpoint, though, I can't quite justify the purchase yet. I'm hoping the trifecta of Resistance, Gravity Rush, and LBP will help change that.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I went all in with the First Edition Bundle at $350 and don't regret it at all. I love the system, the case that came with it is nearly perfect, and I am playing it quite regularly.[/QUOTE]
Same goes for me. No regrets on the FEB or the 20+ games I have at all. Rarely does a day go by where I don't play it.

I can understand what 007 is saying, but since I had the cash, I have to say I'm much happier with the Vita than I was with my 3DS (also bought at launch). Playing games on it is just much more enjoyable and the games look much better.

Except for the games only available in digital format (Escape Plan and Blob Attacks), all of the games I've purchased have been physical copies (now up to 12 games) and I picked up all of them for 30% to 50% off list price (B2G1 deals or used copies from gohastings with the 30%/33% discount) so I'm pretty satisifed with them based on what I've paid. I was also lucky that the two used games I bought that had online passes (MLB and Wipeout) came with unused codes.

Unlke the launch 3DS games, none of the games have sucked, most have been pretty good, and some have been exceptionally fun (loved Uncharted, Rayman and BlazBlue).

I'm also digging the "near" feature where I can get some bonus items for the games I've bought, see what others are playing and compare high scores and trophies against friends.

Plus there have been some fun freebies from PSN...been laying Montezuma Blitz game several times a day and it's great for a short break (and I actually like the fact that it limits how many times you can play without taking a break (since I'm not going to pay money to buy more lives).

Downloaded all of The Tester episodes and watched them when I was sitting around waiting for someone. Plus the NetFlix is pretty nice on the bigger screen if you have WiFi access.

Yes, it is on the pricey side (especially when you factor in the cost of storage cards...I got the 32GB one), but you get a lot of quality for the money.

However, you can also have a lot of fun by picking up a cheap PSP/PSPgo and buying lots of cheap UMD games (may need CFW to play on the PSPgo) for a lot less. Actually, I'd suggest that to anyone even if you were going to get a Vita ;-)

[quote name='dallow']This is actually pretty cool. And if you have programming skills even better.
There's some interesting demos you can play on your Vita. 2D and 3D RPGs, shooter, platformer, etc.

I'll make a tic tac toe game. ;)[/QUOTE]

This might be enough to get me to dust off my programming skills and give development a try again. I haven't programmed a game since the 90's so I doubt most of my knowledge is still applicable but I think it would be fun learning the new stuff.

I think I'll give this a shot with some simple little puzzle games or something to start with. should be interesting :D

[quote name='DarkonJohn']
Downloaded all of The Tester episodes and watched them when I was sitting around waiting for someone. Plus the NetFlix is pretty nice on the bigger screen if you have WiFi access.

[/QUOTE]

Whats up with the tester episodes being so big on the ps vita?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...us-assumes-publishing-duties-for-ps-vita-ps3/

Dragon's Crown has been picked up by Atlus for the Japanese and NA versions with some of their Japanese producers joining the team to help Vanillaware finish it. It will be out next year and Aram Jabari specifically mentioned that it won't be $29.99, as that was a made up figure that not even the developer knew about when it started circulating.

[quote name='lito88']Whats up with the tester episodes being so big on the ps vita?[/QUOTE]

Vita owners are obviously desperate for entertainment. ;)

[quote name='bmachine']Vita owners are obviously desperate for entertainment. ;)[/QUOTE]

Ive been wanting to watch them on my PS vita but they are like 3 gbs each.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Really? Open world with gravity control what's not to like?[/QUOTE]

The main character is Kat who gets her powers from a.....cat. That and I don't like the art style and also I really don't like most Japanese games, don't like the dialogue/story telling of Japanese games except for RE but even then some of the dialogue is cringe worthy.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...us-assumes-publishing-duties-for-ps-vita-ps3/

Dragon's Crown has been picked up by Atlus for the Japanese and NA versions with some of their Japanese producers joining the team to help Vanillaware finish it. It will be out next year and Aram Jabari specifically mentioned that it won't be $29.99, as that was a made up figure that not even the developer knew about when it started circulating.[/QUOTE]

Thats effing lame.

Why can't Sony/other dev's get games onto the goddamn sytem?

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/23/mortal-kombat-vita-to-include-exclusive-klassic-kostumes/

There will be some new outfits for Mortal Kombat on Vita:
The additional costumes include Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 versions of Ermac, Noob, Rain, Reptile, Smoke, (Unmasked) Sub-Zero and Scorpion. There's also a new alternate costume for Kenshi, as well as Mortal Kombat 2 versions of Ermac, Reptile, Scorpion and Sub-Zero. Sadly, no new outfits for the female ninjas or any of the non-ninja contingency, but we can't find fault in adding any amount of variety to a year-old game, even if Ermac wasn't actually ever in MK2.

FYI Amazon and GameStop have added some pre-order bonuses for Resistance Burning Skies

Resistance: Burning Skies Pre-order Bonus
Pre-order Resistance: Burning Skies and receive bonuses for your game, including the Multiplayer Booster, which gives you a jump on the competition by starting at level 5 in Multiplayer, allowing you to unlock the first tier of weapon customization options. Also receive 3 Avatars, including Riley, Ellie, and a fearsome Chimera. The Vita Lock Screen Theme bonus lets you customize your PS Vita lock screen with a Resistance theme.

Im about to go to best buy in a few mins to pick up a case and im thinking of picking up another PS vita game since all i have is Unit 13. Any recommendations?

[quote name='lito88']Im about to go to best buy in a few mins to pick up a case and im thinking of picking up another PS vita game since all i have is Unit 13. Any recommendations?[/QUOTE]

Uncharted, Ninja Gaiden and Rayman, although I don't think BB stocks Rayman.

[quote name='lito88']Im about to go to best buy in a few mins to pick up a case and im thinking of picking up another PS vita game since all i have is Unit 13. Any recommendations?[/QUOTE]

Uncharted or FIFA (if you are a soccer fan) also hear Wipeout is really good

[quote name='dallow']Skype comes out today.

You can get calls in the background which makes it much more usable.[/QUOTE]

considering this thing isn't a phone, they've made some of the smartest communication choices they could've possibly made. I barely use my phone as a phone anyways - if they could make the browser not suck and google was willing to throw some google app stuff in the psn store I'd really consider hauling the vita around everywhere.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lCI_mHQ8h8

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection will be out on Vita on June 12. It supports transfarring saves to the cloud with the PS3 collection and has all of the bonuses, like MG 1 and 2, that the PS3 collection has minus Peace Walker.[/QUOTE]

I still don't understand why they didn't include Peace Walker and/or Portable Ops download vouchers. It would have boosted sales and gotten a lot of people to buy the game twice. As it is, I will wait for it to hit the bargain bin.

Any ideas if you can "save anywhere"? I'm interested in this game but if I can't quit any time I want I'll have to pass. That is a must for portable games these days, IMO.

Just got an email from Atlus that Persona 4 Golden will be out this fall:
ATLUS, a brand of Index Digital Media, Inc., today revealed plans to publish Persona®4 Golden™, a remastered version of the award-winning RPG Shin Megami Tensei®: Persona®4, in North America this fall exclusively for PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) handheld entertainment system.

With an overall Metacritic score of 90 and a multitude of "Editor's Choice" and "Best Of" awards, Persona 4 stands as one of the finest games ever made, delivering many dozens of hours of enthralling storytelling, immensely satisfying combat, intricate party management, and addicting demon collection and customization. Its brilliantly realized story--which features a memorable cast of personalities with whom the player can forge and strengthen pivotal bonds called "social links"--combined with the game's breathtaking visual and aural design, are part of an overall package that is on almost every genre fan's list of all-time favorites.

Now, following in the footsteps of Shin Megami Tensei®: Persona®3 Portable™, the second highest rated PSP system game of all time (gamerankings.com), Persona 4 Golden for PlayStation Vita offers an enhanced and expanded portable version of the highly acclaimed original. Visuals have been beautifully remastered to take advantage of the PS Vita's crisp, vibrant 5" OLED display. The game's aural presentation is better than ever, with 1.5 times the voiced dialogue of the original release. A new online dungeon rescue feature allows users to call on other players for assistance when they are about to die in the TV world. Persona 4 Golden is also overflowing with new content: new Personas to collect; new story events along with an all-new character; stunning new anime cutscenes, which include a new opening animation with a new song from master composer Shoji Meguro; a host of fan suggested tweaks and changes, and much more! Persona 4 Golden is far more than just a handheld version of an all-time classic: it's the best way to experience it yet!

Persona 4 Golden is scheduled to release for PlayStation Vita this fall. For more information, visit http://www.atlus.com/p4g.

bread's done
Back