The Official PlayStation Vita Thread - 11/4: FW 3.00 Coming Just in Time for the PS4 Launch!

Does anyone know if the PS Vita 2.0 is as stupidly tricky to charge via usb as the PS Vita 1.0? I'm looking into portable chargers and I found one that says it will charge PS Vitas, but I'm not sure if that's because the PS Vita 2.0 will charge more easily and thus it'll only charge that model, or if they both have the same charging setup basically (I know the cords are different) and so I can safely assume that they'd both charge. Obviously I'm hoping to get some confirmation from the seller or one of the previous buyers, but I figured I'd ask here in case anyone knew.

The Vita Slim uses Micro USB like the cellphones or Kindle Fire.

I just got one recently. That being said, so far I think Nintendo made a easier to use interface, but Sony at least made it easy to use buttons instead of the touch screen. The touch is about on par with the 3D on the 3DS, especially if I can only use my finger to manipulate it. Not a big fan of the buttons but they get the job done.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Vita Slim uses Micro USB like the cellphones or Kindle Fire.

I just got one recently. That being said, so far I think Nintendo made a easier to use interface, but Sony at least made it easy to use buttons instead of the touch screen. The touch is about on par with the 3D on the 3DS, especially if I can only use my finger to manipulate it. Not a big fan of the buttons but they get the job done.
I was more asking about how finnicky the PS Vita 2.0 is about charing via USB vs the official wall cord that it comes with, but I got my answer thanks. :)

And if anyone is curious, the Out 2 USB slot on the Poweradd x3 portable charger (and most likely the x1 through x6 models) will actually charge a PS Vita just fine (as will the Samsung Tab port on the Poweradd 25V 5-slot USB wall charger).

I was having problems this morning charging via the USB adapter, I guess you learned that the charge while plugged into a USB device does not help at all. Turn off that option in settings to make that battery meter more accurate.

I was having problems this morning charging via the USB adapter, I guess you learned that the charge while plugged into a USB device does not help at all. Turn off that option in settings to make that battery meter more accurate.
Yeah. The issue is that the Vita is incredibly pissy about what it considers the proper amount of Amps for it to charge. For instance, on my USB wall charger, the iPhone and Android phone ports put out 1000mA each, the Samsung Tab port puts out 1300mA and the two iPad ports put out 2100mA each. The Vita will only charge on the Samsung Tab one. Similarly, my friend has a couple of portable chargers, and none of them would charge my Vita. Only certain ones do. I could have just gotten the official PS Vita portable charger, but it only has one output slot and the mAh are really low for the price. I got double the mAh for the same price and a 2nd USB slot by getting the Poweradd one. It outputs up to 2100mA on the 2nd slot, but I guess it is able to check with the device to see what it actually wants.

I'll be buying a used Vita, what should I inspect and test out to make sure I'm getting a working system? It's a white OLED one and it's coming with a case, 8 GB card, the charger and Tearaway.

I'll be buying a used Vita, what should I inspect and test out to make sure I'm getting a working system? It's a white OLED one and it's coming with a case, 8 GB card, the charger and Tearaway.
Install the memory card, set up your PSN account (wipe the old one if needed, only 1 account per Vita) after connecting to wi-fi, and play like you normally would. Keep an eye out for stuck/dead pixels, button, joystick and touchpad functionality, and play as much as you can to see how the battery life holds up. You'll get more time with the wi-fi turned off. I get about 4 hours of continuous play on a single charge with my 1.5 year-old white Vita and about 2.5 hours with it on.

I want another PS Vita, but from Japan. They have cool-looking colors and luckily most are region-free. Amazon is the place I would be buying it from.

Anyone know if I can take a Vita game and memory card (with said game's save on it) out of my Vita and put them in my PS TV and keep playing? Or will the PS TV request that I re-format the memory card/not recognize my data? 

Anyone know if I can take a Vita game and memory card (with said game's save on it) out of my Vita and put them in my PS TV and keep playing? Or will the PS TV request that I re-format the memory card/not recognize my data?
It works. I used to do it. It messes up the bubbles though.

Edit: As long as you're on the same account anyways.

bread's done
Back