The Official PlayStation Vita Thread - 11/4: FW 3.00 Coming Just in Time for the PS4 Launch!

They all look six to me imho, I want a fully customized Vita rather than a half-ass sticker.
aqa5ynar.jpg
Wow that looks awesome.

Is there a way on the Vita to see how many hours you've played a game? I'd like to see how many hours I've put into Spelunky. It must be up there.

Yeah, I was wondering if there was a system level way to check. I take it the answer is no. Spelunky does keep stats on # of plays, deaths and stuff like that, but not time. Oh well. It's not a huge deal.

I need to do some googling but I wonder how account (different region) management will be with the new vita since there will be internal memory...  

Ummmmmmm......."The new PlayStation Vita has longer battery life that lasts about one hour more. You can charge your system using a standard micro USB cable too. Sony also added 1GB of internal memory to Vita. A nice addition, but you will probably want a memory card if you plan on downloading Vita games."

I'd be surprised if it was a memory card since they don't sell them. I would think that would cost them way more than just soldering 1 GB on the board.

The current October Offer from US PSN is a good opportunity for new Vita users to grab some stuff for their Vita.

Problem is: They may not have enough space in their card for all that gaming goodness!

Yes it is and yes that is the problem. 16 GB that I've already been wrestling with. 32 GB is still too expensive. I guess I'd rather spend that money on games and continue to wrestle.... Maybe I'll get the motivation to finish the 2nd half of Uncharted and get that thing off there. But I keep playing Spelunky instead....

Ummmmmmm......."The new PlayStation Vita has longer battery life that lasts about one hour more. You can charge your system using a standard micro USB cable too. Sony also added 1GB of internal memory to Vita. A nice addition, but you will probably want a memory card if you plan on downloading Vita games."
Thanks for posting the dumb bullshit that made it hard to reconfirm that information. So many news writers on various sites reported the news incorrectly, but the official specs confirms that it's a memory card and not built-in memory.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/09/a-closer-look-at-the-redesigned-ps-vita-2000/

Internal memory card
1GB
I'd be surprised if it was a memory card since they don't sell them. I would think that would cost them way more than just soldering 1 GB on the board.
It's not a hard thing to manufacture when they're in every single unit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Either way it is a built in 1gb memory card. You aren't going to be able to pull it out and replace it with something larger. So same thing as internal memory.

Plus my quote came from the exact site you posted on here, siliconera.

Unless you have proof to the contrary, it's a 1 GB memory card that will be in the memory card slot. That's what an internal memory card is, so if you want to purchase digital games, you'll need a memory card to make that more feasible.

Unless you have proof to the contrary, it's a 1 GB memory card that will be in the memory card slot. That's what an internal memory card is, so if you want to purchase digital games, you'll need a memory card to make that more feasible.
No offense, but when I read those specs, I interpret them as a Vita with an internal (non-removable, embedded, separate from memory card slot) 1GB "storage". I think the slim Vitas have the internal 1GB storage mainly just for game saves, and a regular memory card slot (an "external" slot) for further expansion. Just my opinion.

No offense, but when I read those specs, I interpret them as a Vita with an internal (non-removable, embedded, separate from memory card slot) 1GB "storage". I think the slim Vitas have the internal 1GB storage mainly just for game saves, and a regular memory card slot (an "external" slot) for further expansion. Just my opinion.
That's how I interpreted it as well, internal (soldered onto the mobo) memory, non-removeable. I assume this will require a new firmware to allow users to browse between internal and external memory.

Personally, this is what Sony should have done from the beginning. 1GB, while not much, is at least enough to save a smaller game and/or saves, videos, music, etc. I still think they should have included 4GB internally when the Vita launched, and then allow people to buy a larger memory card.

They've finally added a Vita stretch goal to the Mighty No. 9 kickstarter.

Only downside is there's just 4 days left on the kickstarter and they need almost another $900k to hit the goal.

I don't like stretch goals for platforms. I'm not going to put any money into that project if there isn't a Vita version. Catch-22.
Porting games to other platforms costs time and money. That's just a fact. Even more so when you have to account for the unique inputs of the Vita.

And for the Vita version specifically, even if they meet the stretch goal, Comcept isn't going to be the ones to port it. They've already tapped Abstraction Games (the same team that brought Hotline Miami to the Vita) to do it. So with having to pay another team to port the game, at least the Vita stretch goal is justified.

I agree it is justified, I just don't want to put money into the project if I'm not going to get a Vita version of the game, because that is what I'd want to play it on. Catch-22.

I made it to Olmec in Spelunky finally. 1-1 to 4-4. Woohoo! Alas, I got squashed. Next time! Maybe I need to play a 2 in the morning from now on - I couldn't sleep last night, so I got up and played some Spelunky, and had some of my best games to date.

Ah, but... my 10 year old... he made it to Olmec a few days ago. Damn it! LOL. He started at 4-1, which is actually pretty tough to do. I don't get far trying that. Of course he had no supplies when he got there, but still.

Is Spelunky really that good?
Personally I am loving me some Dragon Fantasy Book 1 and was VERY surprised how addictive Jetpack Joyride is.

Spelunky is a superb game and I'm completely addicted to it. But try the demo. I'm not going to claim that it's for everyone - just ask Tyler. :)

Is Spelunky really that good?
Personally I am loving me some Dragon Fantasy Book 1 and was VERY surprised how addictive Jetpack Joyride is.
Spelunky is definitely the kind of game that you have to be kind of dedicated to - if you like to juggle three or so games at the same time you might want to hold off until you're ready to spend time learning a lot about mistakes you're making.

I played for a solid four hours one night and realized that I needed to wait until I could dedicate myself, but when I do I think that it'll be pretty satisfying.

According to that Shahid guy, in a post on twitter, he's been told the Daily Challenge is indeed coming to the PS3/Vita version of Spelunky!! Yeah!!

That is a level each day that everyone has one chance to try and it has its own leader board. This will make the game even better!

also, there's been loose confirmation that (at least in Japan) FFX and FFX-2 vita will be in separate retail boxes but bundled together for the same price as the PS3 version. Hooray!

OlliOlli Teaser Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUFm1JlSL3c

And at the end it says it's coming out later this year. This pleases me.

OlliOlli's been a known Vita game for most of the year, so what are they teasing with that trailer?
Yeah but there that hadn't been any official trailer for it up until this point. And then you could also see it as them teasing a release date by saying it's coming out before the end of the year. Something that wasn't known until the trailer was released.

Does anyone know if the portable battery for the Vita can be charged from a USB charger (any, not just Sony's)? I can't get my Vita to charge from my portable battery, even with that adapter that is supposed to work. So I'm wondering if I could charge the official portable battery from another portable battery! Stupid, yes, but if it works that would solve the problem in a roundabout fashion.

Rainbow Moon is coming to the Vita on December 3rd.

There's going to be 30 new features (which will be patched into the PS3 version) and will support cross-saves between the PS3 and Vita versions. This applies to current PS3 saves as well, so you'll be able to pick up where you left off on the Vita version when it comes out.

EDIT: And here's the Vita Debut Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYkj2K-9g7k

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/04/ps-vita-3-00-system-update-coming-soon/

Firmware Update 3.00 coming soon to add new stuff for the PS4 launch and some other things to go with it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fD7AV9Blys

For an expanded list of the new updates included in PS Vita’s 3.00 system software, read on:

PS4 Link

The PS4 Link app has been added to the PS Vita system’s home screen. With this application, you can use your PS Vita to remotely control a PS4 system, and play a range of PS4 games on your PS Vita screen. When you’re playing a game on PS4 that supports second screen features, you can also display information from that game on your PS Vita and use it as a second screen.

Parental Controls

The Parental Controls application has been added to the home screen. You can now manage the duration of game play, and the use of games and videos that have parental controls. You can also control access to certain areas of the system, including the use of the Internet browser and Location Data.

Photos

A Panoramic Camera setting has been added. You can now take panoramic photos on PS Vita, and look around the photo by using the PS Vita’s built-in motion sensor.

Friends

The application layout for Friends has been improved. There are now four tabs:

• Find Player on PSN
  • Friends
  • Friend Requests
  • Players Blocked
The Group Messaging application name and icon have been changed to Messages. The application layout has also been improved, and you can now send and receive messages with friends and players on PS4 or on mobile devices installed with PlayStation App.

Party

The icon for the Party application has been changed. You can now voice chat and text chat with friends and players on PS4.

Email

You can now sync the contacts saved in your email account from services including Gmail and Yahoo! Mail. To sync your contacts, select Contact List > Options > [CardDAV Settings] > [Add CardDAV Account], and then follow the screens.

Content Manager

You can now use Wi-Fi to connect your PS Vita to a PS3, and transfer data between them. Your PS Vita and PS3 must be connected within the same network.‎ Also, to use this feature, the system software of the PS3 you’re using must be version 4.50 or later.

PS3 Remote Play

The Remote Play application name and icon have been changed to PS3 Remote Play.

Settings

You can now download future system software updates automatically.

Trophies

You can now display Trophies of PS4 software on your PS Vita. Rarity of the trophy cannot be displayed.

The LCD screen does not impress me. I saw them showing Uncharted on the PS Vita and the PS Vita 2000 at the same time, and I was so thoroughly unimpressed with the 2000 that I brought a friend over to watch the video and make sure I wasn't crazy to think that it looked worse. He doesn't even care about the Vita or know which is which and he agreed with my assessment.

So I have a save from the Playstation Classic title Castlevania Symphony of the Night. I transfered the game over to the Vita just fine. When I tried transferring the save over, it didnt' work. The Vita castlevania didnt recognize it. Am I doing something wrong?

I know this is the Vita thread and I know that the Vita has a proprietor cable.  I heard that the Vita 2000 will use mini USB, so this might work with the Vita 2000.

Can you connect a PSP with a mini USB to ethernet adapter to get a PSP online?  I don't have access to Wi-Fi with my PSP at the moment.  Thanks ahead.

Vita news seem so hard to come by lately... I myself haven't purchase any games or even turn it on in a while but still pretty excited to receive this today. Now it gets to sit on the shelf with my others while I complain about no games :)

IMAG0681.jpg

bread's done
Back