The Official PlayStation Vita Thread - 11/4: FW 3.00 Coming Just in Time for the PS4 Launch!

Haven't seen mention of this, but Flower is now out for the Vita! Downloaded and played it yesterday, since I already bought it before on PS3 (and its cross buy PS3/PS4/Vita). Looking forward to playing it on PS4 when that arrives today!

Planning on getting a vita soon. Should i go for the instant game collection bundle or the walking dead bundle? Is the remote play for the ps4 that good? Im getting the vita mainly coz of that feature.

As long as you connect directly to the vita it's good. First couple of days I tried it through wifi and it worked but it would disconnect a lot. It's pretty flawless with the direct connect though.
Planning on getting a vita soon. Should i go for the instant game collection bundle or the walking dead bundle? Is the remote play for the ps4 that good? Im getting the vita mainly coz of that feature.

Judging by the lines outside GS & WM here, it looks like Tearaway is going to be a big seller!
lol

Seriously, though, the game looks unique and cool. But, wait for it, I've never seen a commercial or other form of advertisement for it.

Sony is killing the Vita with its lack of advertisement. Sure, it's silly to launch this game on the same day the Xbone, Mario 3d World, and Zelda come out, but at least try...just try.

So i missed out on the instant game bundle i was suppose to buy today. Employee said they sold the last one 3 hours earlier. Waaa! Anyway, is there any other bundle that is coming in the near future? I dont like the walking dead bundle that is available now since i played that game already my pc. Tia

There will probably be a bundle for Black Friday that may or may not already be leaked/announced.

Hopefully there is a bundle for black friday. Would suck if sony is just tring to clear out inventory with months old vitas.

Ano reconmendations on a carrying case for the vita? Not too bulky and can carry games. Thinking of getting the travel pouch at target. Has it clearance for 10 today. Any other ideas?

Ano reconmendations on a carrying case for the vita? Not too bulky and can carry games. Thinking of getting the travel pouch at target. Has it clearance for 10 today. Any other ideas?
I love the Sony Travel Pouch. I have 5 of them actually, two for Vitas, two for PSPs, and one extra. For my Vitas, I use Hori Face Covers, and the systems still fit in the Travel Pouch fine. There's room in the Travel Pouch for extras (games, headphones, USB cable). So the combination of the Face Cover with the Travel Pouch works great for me.

By the way, these Sony Travel Pouches have been on clearance at BB for $5.00, if you have some BBs around you, by all means check to see if they have any for sale. The Travel Pouch is $9.09 on Amazon, but obviously you have to hit the $35 FSSS level unless you have prime. The Face Covers are getting hard to find; Amazon no longer sells them, they're scarce on Ebay, but Walmart still has them for shipping at $14.60 (not the best price in the world, but they had them for 11.xx recently and just raised the price).

Thanks for the reply. I was going to pm amazon price at target yo get the nag at 9.09 earlier but decised to wait. Haha! Good thing! Il check my local bestbuy then.

Where the heck can I buy a dock and cable locally and PM Amazon?  BB and WM are wastelands for Vita gear and I'm skipping town tomorrow!

Maybe I am reading a bit much into this, but if you read this, the second to last paragraph - 

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/26/new-killzone-mercenary-updates-coming-free-multiplayer-maps/

They say "Also in the first few months of 2014 will be Update 6, in which we’re working towards continued refinements and adding support for playing Killzone Mercenary on Vita TV."

Being a western made game, I don't see them making a Vita TV update just for the Japanese Market, and I don't see them just adding that if the Vita TV weren't coming West. Does this kind of hint at the Vita TV coming to the West late Winter, Early Spring 2014?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I am reading a bit much into this, but if you read this, the second to last paragraph -

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/26/new-killzone-mercenary-updates-coming-free-multiplayer-maps/

They say "Also in the first few months of 2014 will be Update 6, in which we’re working towards continued refinements and adding support for playing Killzone Mercenary on Vita TV."

Being a western made game, I don't see them making a Vita TV update just for the Japanese Market, and I don't see them just adding that if the Vita TV weren't coming West. Does this kind of hint at the Vita TV coming to the West late Winter, Early Spring 2014?
Killzone Mercenary isn't a western game though, it was developed by Guerilla Cambridge, a European studio. And the game was released in both Europe and Japan before it was in NA, so it's not much of a stretch. Then there's also the fact that Mercenary is the best FPS on the Vita and was made by a first-party studio. So getting them to add Vita TV support was both smart and easy to do.

I don't think we're going to see the Vita TV in the states till Gaikai is up and running. But that's just my opinion.

Well, here's to hoping that Minecraft Vita can turn this ship around. It's a huge game on Xbox, so one can at least hope that having that version on Vita will mean Vita console sales. Hopefully they get it out somewhat soon, but we wait for the PS3 version to ship first.

Well, here's to hoping that Minecraft Vita can turn this ship around. It's a huge game on Xbox, so one can at least hope that having that version on Vita will mean Vita console sales. Hopefully they get it out somewhat soon, but we wait for the PS3 version to ship first.
I doubt it. I got one just recently, and while it's nice, I don't feel the "wow" of it. A base 360 can be had for like $100, significantly cheaper than a Vita, so there's no reason I can think of that parents would buy a Vita for a kid over a 360, which is more popular anyways.

I doubt it. I got one just recently, and while it's nice, I don't feel the "wow" of it. A base 360 can be had for like $100, significantly cheaper than a Vita, so there's no reason I can think of that parents would buy a Vita for a kid over a 360, which is more popular anyways.
Wow, I didn't realize that the 360 was a portable game system! Thanks for the heads up about that, going to try mine on the road today and see how it works!

Just one question, I couldn't find the screen on it, and I also need a nice compact carrying case for the 360, can you tell me what you use for those?

Wow, I didn't realize that the 360 was a portable game system! Thanks for the heads up about that, going to try mine on the road today and see how it works!

Just one question, I couldn't find the screen on it, and I also need a nice compact carrying case for the 360, can you tell me what you use for those?
If that was the reason, the Vita would already be flying off the shelves.

IMO, I think the Vita already has a descent library. It could always be better but its still doing well. I don't think sales will ever really go through the roof.

IMO, I think the Vita already has a descent library. It could always be better but its still doing well. I don't think sales will ever really go through the roof.
I agree. I have most of the games for the Vita and really enjoy most of those. There are a few things I would change and one would be to tell developers to quit porting 3DS games over.

I'm regretting selling my Vita and am thinking about picking it up again. I'm looking at the Amazon Holiday Bundle for $190. I was wondering how easy or how much I could get for some of the digital games I don't need/already have (i.e. Walking Dead, Sly Cooper, and Uncharted)?

You should wait for another $150 dollar sale with just the system, and buy a 16 gb memory card for $20. It'd be easier to deal with than selling the codes for $30-35.

This is pretty old news but is anyone else bummed that Sony cancelled development of Ruin/Warriors Lair?  I was really excited about that game and it would have been a great new IP for the Vita.  Besides Tearaway, it was my most anticipated title.  

This is pretty old news but is anyone else bummed that Sony cancelled development of Ruin/Warriors Lair? I was really excited about that game and it would have been a great new IP for the Vita. Besides Tearaway, it was my most anticipated title.
Yes, I was really disappointed about that too. Apparently the game was well along in development (but not completed by a longshot). I love action/RPGs and would love to see more of them on the Vita, and from what I saw of the early videos it looked like it could be a fun game. Sadly I doubt it will ever be resurrected at this point, which is a shame.

Picked up a 64gb card and I have to admit it's really terrific.  It seems soooo posh and fancy to load so much stuff up on it - I'm only putting vita stuff on it (no psp or mobile) so I haven't hit the infamous bubble limit.  I'm not sure it's technically worth the cost, but it sure does make things convenient.

Picked up a 64gb card and I have to admit it's really terrific. It seems soooo posh and fancy to load so much stuff up on it - I'm only putting vita stuff on it (no psp or mobile) so I haven't hit the infamous bubble limit. I'm not sure it's technically worth the cost, but it sure does make things convenient.
I'm sure it was well worth it! Having all that space is a huge luxury; I know the 32's are pretty nice, can't imagine having twice the storage of those!

I solved my dilemma of space by buying a second Vita. One is for digital-only titles (a mix of all types, Vita, PSP, PS Mobile, and minis), the other is for mainly retail games (with some digitals as well). Each system has its own 32gb, so no worries about space (for now at least). Kind of extreme, but it works well for me!

Having said that, I'm sure I'll pick up a 64 when the price is right!

[quote name="CAGkrazy" post="11452143" timestamp="1389980350"]Anyone picking up dbz battle of z? Is it just a digital download? Cant find the boxes version. Loved the demo![/quote]
There will be both PSN and box version of the game. Only PS3 has the limited edition though w Goku statue.

There will be both PSN and box version of the game. Only PS3 has the limited edition though w Goku statue.
Thanks! I cant find the box version of the vita game though. I remember seeing a box art before of thw vita thats why i asked. Sure wished they had a cross play feature.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/24/ps-vita-system-software-update-3-10/

Check out some of the new features and changes in PS Vita’s 3.10 system update below:

• You can now display up to 500 applications on the home screen.
  • A Calendar application has been added for PS Vita, allowing you to set up gaming events with your friends. Sync your Google calendar to have all your events with you on your PS Vita. You can also share your favorite events by using the Messages and Email applications.
  • A new “Manage Content on Memory Card” option has been added to the Content Manager application. You can now view the data on your memory card, making it easier than ever to manage content on your PS Vita. You can now view memory usage by content type, and delete content and applications.
  • You can now send and receive voice messages using the Messages application on PS Vita. Exchange voice messages with your friends and players on PS4 and PS Vita.
13389359564_4c6f289e6f_z.jpg

13389138283_479def64f5_z.jpg

It's finally been announced that Freedom Wars is getting a western release sometime this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVpr9qApxhE

Playstation plus is required for tranfering save data from ps3 to psvita especially for FF X HD?

is there any other way, can't transfer using content manager.

Playstation plus is required for tranfering save data from ps3 to psvita especially for FF X HD?

is there any other way, can't transfer using content manager.
No, any games with Cross Save support have their own bit of storage to work with to transfer saves between platforms. No PS+ required. There should just be an option in the menus to upload the save to the cloud and then an option to download it on the other platform.

What case does everyone prefer for their Vitas? I'd like one that allows the Vita to be charged while in it.
I use the PDP grip for my vita to make it more comfortable to hold:

http://www.amazon.com/Vita-2000-Trigger-Grip-Sony-PSP/dp/B00JYE8L9K/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1421530864&sr=8-3&keywords=vita+grip

And I store the system/grip in a zippered accessory case originally held some cellphone accessories (car charger, etc.). The accessory case was a freebie that came with my cellphone, and was given out by Costco with a phone purchase.

Once the grip is on the Vita, it won't fit in any standard Vita case, so you need to improvise to find a case that fits.

Keep in mind, the PDP grip is specific to whatever Vita model you have, different sizes for the two Vita models.

any news about vita 3000? i bet it will be announced by sony at tgs this year, gotta save vita after ps4 huge sales beating every other console. hoping next new games like god of war, uncharted, gravity rush, metal gear. and i will start jumpin to vita!!

bread's done
Back