The Official PlayStation Vita Thread - 11/4: FW 3.00 Coming Just in Time for the PS4 Launch!

[quote name='kingcz']4 people is just another proof of Criterion on handheld hasnt improved since Burnout Legends.[/QUOTE]

Hasn't improved? I recall Burnout Legends on the PSP being a pretty damned good game. And in the developer interview they flat-out said that the compromises made to get it running on Vita was a lower traffic density and 4 player MP. They did a great job with the port, it's easily one of the best games on the system.

Been stocking up on Vita games again lately as I just picked up AC Liberation , NFS , and Ragnarok. If anyone wants to add me to play any of those feel free !

Hell I still have LBP Vita and Gravity Rush I need to get through as well. My gaming habits are pretty much split now between PC Gaming and Vita Gaming. Haven't actually booted up my PS3 in quite a while. Looking for to picking up Zero when I get the change and P4 as soon as it comes out. Does seem like a bit of a dry spell after that though.

Looking forward to Soul Sacrifice as well.

I don't get the knock against Most Wanted on Vita by saying it's like Burnout Legends, which was an awesome racing game and one of the early group of racers that showed that the PSP was a great place to play them. The only way I could understand that knock is if you want them to take extreme measures to make eight players work in MP like Netherealm did to get MK to work at 60 FPS.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']I agree with the speakers sounding low. My PSP 1000 is louder.[/QUOTE]

I gotta take this comment back! This "QSound" on Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max is Super-LOUD and sounds like surround sound!!!!!! QSound should be made the standard if it can do that to SFA3M! Not cool when older gen games can sound better than newer ones.

I'm going to delete some of the longtime PS3 people on my friends list, to try to add some more active Vita users. Been maxed out for a long time.

[quote name='dallow']I'm going to delete some of the longtime PS3 people on my friends list, to try to add some more active Vita users. Been maxed out for a long time.[/QUOTE]

If you make room and want to add me, we can at least compare speed point scores and race times.

I like my vita so far. Although I wish there were some more games. I got little big planet, lumines, and mortal Kombat. I'm tempted to pick up NFS, but I'm out of money.

I know I've been praising it all over this thread, but NFS really is a blast. I was thinking about the screenshot comparison link and felt I should add that, while the Vita screens look muddy and obviously less good, when it's in motion it looks fantastic. This game is really fucking fast and the frame-rate has never dipped on me. Very much worth your time unless you'd prefer the console version.

I just bought the game off the PS Store and I'm going to try it while I bake some sweet potatoes. I haven't bought a Vita game all summer and I'll be able to play NFS on my flight tomorrow.

If anyone is interested, I was just at a Best Buy near my friend's house, and they already had copies of COD: Declassified out on the floor even though the game is supposed to come out tomorrow. I don't want the game, so of course I didn't buy it, but I figured I'd share this info and thought this was the most appropriate place to do so.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...or-ps-vita-available-next-week-take-the-tour/

NExt week is a big week for Vita with PS+ arriving on Tuesday along with FW 2.00:
During Tokyo Game Show we announced that PlayStation Plus would be coming to PlayStation Vita in November. We are excited to reveal that PS Plus will be available on November 19th as part of the next PS Vita System Software Update (v2.00).

I teamed up with Ray Bautista, Product Manager of Digital Platforms Strategic Planning to give you a sneak peek at the Instant Game Collection for PS Vita and all of the benefits and features that PS Plus has to offer. Today I’ll walk you through some of the other new features you can look forward to with the system software update, including an email app, the ability to transfer content wirelessly between your PS Vita and PC, and enhancements to the web browser.

With the addition of PS Plus, and such a great lineup of exclusive games launching by this holiday, now is the perfect time to purchase a PS Vita.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DfcT2czrQk

As Ray mentioned, PS Plus will offer exclusive discounts and bonus features for both PS Vita and PlayStation 3 members. In addition to online storage for game saves, automatic updates and Trophy synching, PS Plus members will get access to the Instant Game Collection, a constantly updated library selection of games, starting when the PlayStation Store updates on Tuesday, November 20th.

Once you update your PS Vita to v2.00 and PS Store publishes next Tuesday, PS Plus members will be able to download the Instant Game Collection, which includes PS Vita games:

Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Jet Set Radio HD
WipEout 2048
Gravity Rush
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack!

As well as (PSP) PlayStation Portable hit:

Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions.

Don’t forget that PS3 users with an existing PS Plus membership will be able to enjoy PS Plus features and services on both PS3 and PS Vita systems at no additional cost. You will be able to choose between the two subscription options — a three month plan for $17.99 and a one year plan for $49.99.

For more information on System Software Updates, please visit this page, which will provide additional details on v2.00 when the update goes live.

Gravity Rush actually saves to the memory card, so it should work with the digital version that will just download to that bubble.

Gravity_rush_US_cover.png

Any game with that memory card icon on the cover saves to the memory card and should work if you switch to a digital version of that game.

It's a really good time to be an owner of the Vita; Next week we get Playstation All Stars, Persona 4 Golden, and the playstation plus update. Hopefully this will be the kickstart to it becoming a bit more popular.

[quote name='lonfar']Are you able get games free when you have the 30 days trial? only recently got the vita so kinda new to the ps plus thing[/QUOTE]
Of course.

[quote name='lonfar']Are you able get games free when you have the 30 days trial? only recently got the vita so kinda new to the ps plus thing[/QUOTE]

Yes, however, if the trial runs out, those games will no longer work. The thing with PS+ is we get a constant stream of free games, but we must be active subscribers for them to continue working. If you buy a discount game and then your PS+ subscription expires, those games will still work because you actually bought them (at a discount).

This has always kind of bugged me about near. To actually earn game goods found by near, I have to inspect every PSN ID I pick up at each location I visit. I guess this is to force me to see what people are playing at different locations, but I rarely see things automatically download for games I've selected this option for (ie: Treasure Park). Am I missing something?

hmm? why are people rushing to exchange/sell their physical copies of UC/Gravity? you know that the free PSN+ digital versions will stop working once you stop subbing to PSN+ right? what if you wanna play those games after you've cancelled?

[quote name='cargo555']hmm? why are people rushing to exchange/sell their physical copies of UC/Gravity? you know that the free PSN+ digital versions will stop working once you stop subbing to PSN+ right? what if you wanna play those games after you've cancelled?[/QUOTE]
What if they don't plan to let their sub lapse?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']What if they don't plan to let their sub lapse?[/QUOTE]

By the time my subscription ends, the value of PS+ titles wil have plummeted. I want my $40 back on Gravity Rush and if I want it in over a year after I'm likely completely done with it, it will probably be available for less than $20.

Kind of an offbeat question but, are there any games that have been announced/released either on PSN or retail release for EU but not for NA?

So is there any way to get in on the free vita PS+ gamesif you dont have a vita? Like purchase them on the ps3 store or something. I'm already PS+. I might get one soon, but in case I dont get one before the current games end I dont want to miss out on them. I couldn't find any info on this but I would assume you would need a vita to get in on these.

What if someone uses your account on their vita and downloads the free games? Wouldn't I be able to download them again in the future if I get a vita?

I think I'm going to need a new memory card, I wonder what the size is on something like Uncharted? I'm sure the Arcade type games like Jet Set won't be too bad.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']So is there any way to get in on the free vita PS+ gamesif you dont have a vita? Like purchase them on the ps3 store or something. I'm already PS+. I might get one soon, but in case I dont get one before the current games end I dont want to miss out on them. I couldn't find any info on this but I would assume you would need a vita to get in on these.

What if someone uses your account on their vita and downloads the free games? Wouldn't I be able to download them again in the future if I get a vita?[/QUOTE]

You should be able to just 'purchase' them when they're free from the PS store on your PS3. They'll then be available in your history or you can download them to your PS3 and transfer them to your vita from there someday.

[quote name='handsomepete']You should be able to just 'purchase' them when they're free from the PS store on your PS3. They'll then be available in your history or you can download them to your PS3 and transfer them to your vita from there someday.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. If you have a PS3, lock it in via the main store, and it will all be available through your account. No different than buying some DLC that's on sale for a game you plan to buy but don't have yet.

[quote name='pimpster4183']I think I'm going to need a new memory card, I wonder what the size is on something like Uncharted? I'm sure the Arcade type games like Jet Set won't be too bad.[/QUOTE]

Uncharted is at least 3 gb from what I've read, but the other games seem to be about half that.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']So is there any way to get in on the free vita PS+ gamesif you dont have a vita? Like purchase them on the ps3 store or something. I'm already PS+. I might get one soon, but in case I dont get one before the current games end I dont want to miss out on them. I couldn't find any info on this but I would assume you would need a vita to get in on these.

What if someone uses your account on their vita and downloads the free games? Wouldn't I be able to download them again in the future if I get a vita?[/QUOTE]

I believe it's been confirmed that you can purchase the Vita games through your PS3. Regarding someone using your account, if and when you get a Vita, the other person will need to deactivate your account on their Vita in order for you to use the account and download your games...I believe.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Of course.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SynGamer']Yes, however, if the trial runs out, those games will no longer work. The thing with PS+ is we get a constant stream of free games, but we must be active subscribers for them to continue working. If you buy a discount game and then your PS+ subscription expires, those games will still work because you actually bought them (at a discount).[/QUOTE]

Thanks both :) gonna activate trial first and find me 365 sub card

[quote name='lonfar']Thanks both :) gonna activate trial first and find me 365 sub card[/QUOTE]

To be completely honesty. I paid $50 for my sub card. I couldn't find any deals locally or online that were worthwhile. The value that PS+ offers for both PS3 and Vita owners pays for itself within 1-2 months.

Looks like you can add your Twitter/Facebook account details under your PSN settings so that you can post to either of those services in games/apps that support it.

There look to be new notification settings for various apps and such that you can set to just tell you on the screen, light up the PS button, or play a sound.

Edit: Taking screenshots no longer brings up the "Please Wait" prompt, which is kind of huge.

You can upload your saves to your PS+ cloud within the Content Manager app if it's not apparent to you. I uploaded all of the saves I had and still had 921 MB left, so that will last a long, long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
New firmware seems to have updated PS1 emulation, too, unless I'm mistaken. You can now access the PS1 memory card utility to manage save games while in-game, and there's now "Custom" listed as a screen display option where you can stretch and shrink the screen as you like. I put FF9 half-way between a full-screen display and a standard 4:3 image, and it works pretty well.

Also backed up my save games to PS+ online, and dang, it's really easy. Backing up to PC/PS3 is certainly possible, but it's so much more of an involved process to connect the Vita and run both programs on both systems simultaneously. Uploading saves to the PS+ server is way simpler, so I bet I'll use it more often. Really pleased with these updates, in addition to getting free games via PS+ today.

Hoping BB will let me exchange my (unopened) Gravity Rush for Persona 4. It'll be a long time before I have time to play it, but there aren't many other retail games I want.

[quote name='johnnypark']New firmware seems to have updated PS1 emulation, too, unless I'm mistaken. You can now access the PS1 memory card utility to manage save games while in-game, and there's now "Custom" listed as a screen display option where you can stretch and shrink the screen as you like. I put FF9 half-way between a full-screen display and a standard 4:3 image, and it works pretty well.

[/QUOTE]

Button config in PS one emulation is WAY better, too. You can customize the buttons that the 4 quadrants of the back touch screen represent. I STILL feel like I have to reach too far into the back touch to hit them sometimes, but this change is basically what I was hoping for.

Also, you can now configure the four corners of the FRONT touchscreen to be buttons.

EDIT: And the analog sticks can be custom mapped as well.

Silly Question:
I have a PS Vita and a PS3, and 1 Main PSN account that I have linked to both, without PS + account. In addition, I ALSO have a PS + account but not on my main PSN account . I'm in a gameshare account where we both share the PS+ free games, thats my other PSN ID.

How can I activate the PS + plus account on my PS Vita? I can't figure out how to log out my current account and log in with my credentials for my gameshared PS+ account. Is it even possible?
Ideally, I'd want to log onto the PS+ account on my Vita, download all the free games, then play them using my regular PSN account so I can earn trophies for them. On a PS3, doing this was seamless and easy, but I'm not sure that it will allow me to do that with the Vita. Can anyone clarify?

[quote name='thenadz']Silly Question:
I have a PS Vita and a PS3, and 1 Main PSN account that I have linked to both, without PS + account. In addition, I ALSO have a PS + account but not on my main PSN account . I'm in a gameshare account where we both share the PS+ free games, thats my other PSN ID.

How can I activate the PS + plus account on my PS Vita? I can't figure out how to log out my current account and log in with my credentials for my gameshared PS+ account. Is it even possible?
Ideally, I'd want to log onto the PS+ account on my Vita, download all the free games, then play them using my regular PSN account so I can earn trophies for them. On a PS3, doing this was seamless and easy, but I'm not sure that it will allow me to do that with the Vita. Can anyone clarify?[/QUOTE]

Can't do it. You'd have to play on your PS+ account.

Has the Vita always been able to download while in stand-by mode? I set up PS+ downloads for Gravity Rush and Jet Set Radio last night just to have them attached to my account, and then put it in stand-by. Woke up this morning to find JSR had fully downloaded, and GR was 90% complete. Is this a new thing with PS+, similar to the PS3 downloading on it's own?

Especially surprising since it wasn't plugged in/charging.

Also... successfully exchanged my unopened Gravity Rush from last month's B2G1 at Best Buy for PS All-Stars. Reviews have been surprisingly positive, so I figured what the hell. I was tempted to get the PS3 version with the Vita included, but the B2G1 was $80 for three $40 titles, or ~$26 each, so the extra cost didn't seem worth it.

Anyway, once I spend some time with it, will be hoping to go online with some CAGs to beat the shit out of each other!

Well this sucks. Updated Uncharted with the new patch and all my stats reset. For most people it probably won't matter, you're either done with it or haven't played yet. I was on Chapter 26 in my first playthrough. So lame.

[quote name='johnnypark']Well this sucks. Updated Uncharted with the new patch and all my stats reset. For most people it probably won't matter, you're either done with it or haven't played yet. I was on Chapter 26 in my first playthrough. So lame.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that really sucks. I would be pissed too. I am not getting my Vita until BF, so thankfully I will be getting that patch before I start it.

[quote name='Yanksfan']Wow, that really sucks. I would be pissed too. I am not getting my Vita until BF, so thankfully I will be getting that patch before I start it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the update seems to mainly correspond to the upcoming card game, which is even more annoying because I've no interest in it. When you get loot, find treasure, etc. it gives you notifications that you've boosted the power of certain cards.

I'm not a trophy nerd but it adds an incentive and challenge, like chasing a high score, to the single-player game. Something similar happened to me in NFS:MW. I'm pretty annoyed.

bread's done
Back