The Official Post Your Desktop Thread

[quote name='headpiece747']Even found a place for the Recycle Bin...

danbo_desktop.jpg
[/QUOTE]
How cute, right on his boxy noggin.
cagus.smile.jpg
Do you have a source for that image?

Picture1-20.jpg

meh same old crap. It works for me though. I guess that's why I still haven't changed the my desktop all that much over the last few years. the only thing I change is my todo.txt file & the wallpaper whenever I see a cool one...which i probably should change.

if i get time i want to play with samurize & rainmaker on my windows machine. You can make some slick desktops with it.

[quote name='Rocko']
1zxvb0i.png
[/QUOTE]
Would you mind posting a link to a larger version (if possible)? I'd love to make that my desktop picture as well but it's a little small.

The most exciting desktop ever (wallpaper is Win7 default, simply because I don't ever look at my desktop long enough for me to care about picking something to change it to):

On a serious note, Windows 7 kicks so much ass, it makes me want to dropkick babies. In a good way. I can't even stand to look at older versions of Windows anymore.

I know like everyone has their taskbar on the bottom of the desktop but try moving it to the top. It's quicker to move the mouse from one thing to the next since the menus and buttons of whatever program you're running are usually at the top.

zerotype - is that in Windows 7 or can I do that in Windows XP as well? I'd love to have the date, time, weather, etc on my wallpaper.

//edit: Lots of people have the date/time/weather thing, so i'm guessing that it's a Windows 7 thing.

[quote name='Scorch']zerotype - is that in Windows 7 or can I do that in Windows XP as well? I'd love to have the date, time, weather, etc on my wallpaper.

//edit: Lots of people have the date/time/weather thing, so i'm guessing that it's a Windows 7 thing.[/QUOTE]

It's actually a separate program called Rainmeter, it lets you put all sorts of things on your desktop. It's a free download, but you have to look for certain skins and objects yourself.

[quote name='Scorch']zerotype - is that in Windows 7 or can I do that in Windows XP as well? I'd love to have the date, time, weather, etc on my wallpaper.

//edit: Lots of people have the date/time/weather thing, so i'm guessing that it's a Windows 7 thing.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='panzerfaust']It's actually a separate program called Rainmeter, it lets you put all sorts of things on your desktop. It's a free download, but you have to look for certain skins and objects yourself.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's rainmeter which can be downloaded here. Upon installing there are a few available objects and such (everything on my rainmeter is from the install except the time stamp). I'm still using Windows Vista sadly though.

To find other objects to use, there other skinning sites that provide it and deviantART has a page dedicated to it. Lifehacker sometimes have a showcasing of desktops customized using rainmeter and some of them don't even look like windows anymore which is neat.

Hope this helps, if ya need help on this, lemme know since it can be a bit tough for non savvy coding people (me sadly) since it took me a while to figure out how to change the color on that time stamp.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']Yep, it's rainmeter which can be downloaded here. Upon installing there are a few available objects and such (everything on my rainmeter is from the install except the time stamp). I'm still using Windows Vista sadly though.

To find other objects to use, there other skinning sites that provide it and deviantART has a page dedicated to it. Lifehacker sometimes have a showcasing of desktops customized using rainmeter and some of them don't even look like windows anymore which is neat.

Hope this helps, if ya need help on this, lemme know since it can be a bit tough for non savvy coding people (me sadly) since it took me a while to figure out how to change the color on that time stamp.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to remember to download this later...thanks for the heads up.

Same desktop as before, but now with a second monitor.

IIDZB.jpg

My widescreen monitor doesn't actually have that black bar, obviously, that's just the screenshot.

Too lazy to take a shot of my desktop (not that there's anything special on it anyways), but I recently had to refind where I found the image for a friend, so you get that instead.

ecca611e3c375d0c6cb1700.jpg

[quote name='PhrostByte']What do you guys think about mine? Took me a while to get it that way... about 6 or 7 posts up.[/QUOTE]
The wallpaper looks nice.

Heres mine.
desktop7-31-10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back