The Official Square/Enix Members Info Thread (Year 2012-13)

I might sell mine. It's great, but the whole signature being printed on kinda deters me from wanting to hang it up. I'm strange like that, I suppose.

Yeah, I knew it would be printed/scanned on because that would be a lot of handwriting to do. Anyone know how many Ultimate Rewards were given out for the US base?

so there doesnt seem to be a lot of games to register for this year's prize.... should we play wait and see if they drop the point requirement like last time?

[quote name='josb101']careful with that though, thats how I got my 16+ version. That is a stock photo, and I did get it on amazon originally. The seller let me send it back and I got my money, but still want to contact them to claify on it first.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the warning. I wasn't planning to contact the seller, but I will now.

[quote name='storino03']Yeah, I knew it would be printed/scanned on because that would be a lot of handwriting to do. Anyone know how many Ultimate Rewards were given out for the US base?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I want to know this too. Knowing how many are out there would increase the collector value for it. Let's count. I have two. :)

[quote name='shaselai']so there doesnt seem to be a lot of games to register for this year's prize.... should we play wait and see if they drop the point requirement like last time?[/QUOTE]

That's what I usually do. I put in my points near the end of the year.

[quote name='storino03']wow, the lightning artwork on ebay has taken off. It currently sells on ebay for $150, to upwards of $200+. I'm not selling mine, because I like free stuff, plus it took me a while to collect the points and support the company, but the resale value is not bad lol.[/QUOTE]

I want to post mine up, but the ebay and paypal fees really suck. FatBoyInside currently has one up in his lowball. I wanted to see how it'll do. I'm thinking of posting it up here in a lowball if it goes for a good amount. That or just contact the 2nd highest bidder.

Found this Lightning artwork on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Square-Enix...ps=63&clkid=2978054836268423899#ht_564wt_1163

$400? That's a little bit overpriced. Just a tad. :) And is it me or is this guy using my pics for two of the three pics posted? I don't really care, but I just thought it was funny.

[quote name='conkwe']Thanks for the warning. I wasn't planning to contact the seller, but I will now.

Yeah, I want to know this too. Knowing how many are out there would increase the collector value for it. Let's count. I have two. :)

That's what I usually do. I put in my points near the end of the year.

I want to post mine up, but the ebay and paypal fees really suck. FatBoyInside currently has one up in his lowball. I wanted to see how it'll do. I'm thinking of posting it up here in a lowball if it goes for a good amount. That or just contact the 2nd highest bidder.

Found this Lightning artwork on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Square-Enix...ps=63&clkid=2978054836268423899#ht_564wt_1163

$400? That's a little bit overpriced. Just a tad. :) And is it me or is this guy using my pics for two of the three pics posted? I don't really care, but I just thought it was funny.[/QUOTE]

Let me know what they respond with.. How I got it was from ebay, the seller had an actual photo not a stock photo. So thats when I knew I was for sure getting the M rated version thankfully enough

Should I be adding codes to my accounts? I was Ultimate last year, but my point total was never reset to 0 (zero). And it still shows me as Ultimate.

Has the 2011/2012 year started?

It started the end of March. Your points reset but your status does not. The previous years status is retained for cosmetic/reference purposes only.

[quote name='Endangered']Should I be adding codes to my accounts? I was Ultimate last year, but my point total was never reset to 0 (zero). And it still shows me as Ultimate.

Has the 2011/2012 year started?[/QUOTE]

just like storino is saying..
Once you start to add on more points it will say you have 50 points for year 2012 and if you scroll all the way down it will show how much you have in each of the years and what tier you are right now.

Quick FYI if anyone cares to know, it is 1000 points again this year too as well. Still not there, but close to it, and thats what I'm assuming, unless its gonna be more then 1000 which would suck..

Most people and activity would occur near the end of the SE year, so not sure if thats gonna help or not. be patient and maybe you'll get trades?

not that anyone would care too much about this, but awhile back when everyone was getting their rewards, I wasn't. I hadn't switched my mailing address from my Mom's house. Haven't spoken with her in about 5 months now, so kinda not on speaking terms with her. My sister stopped by yesterday and gave me some package from square enix and a notecard saying I had a package to go pick up. Found out the package I got was for the Deus ex arm sleeve. So that was pretty cool, and the other package I have to go pick up was delivered on September 19th, so about 15 days ago. Just wish I would of been told about it before rather than finding out about it later on.

Yay! I got an email saying I won one of the sample CDs. This is my first time winning one of their contests and I'm glad it's something that I wanted. They're mailing them out on the 23rd.

congrats, hopefully its something cool. I didn't really look into the info on the sample cd, so not sure what was on it, but glad you are happy =P

Just a quick heads-up, you should have your 10 points from the CD survey added to your account. I checked and mine were added.

Can't believe after 360 points for the year, I'm STILL at Bronze...

[quote name='Zonic505']Just a quick heads-up, you should have your 10 points from the CD survey added to your account. I checked and mine were added.

Can't believe after 360 points for the year, I'm STILL at Bronze...[/QUOTE]

ouch sorry to hear that.. Not sure how much is needed for each tier, I got 950 but if the 10 were added then I have 960, assuming it was like last year with 1000? But idk if it is though.

EDIT: just checked, they were added, thanks for the heads up on them being added =)

[quote name='Zonic505']Just a quick heads-up, you should have your 10 points from the CD survey added to your account. I checked and mine were added.

-whistles-

I think I might have to make a new account for plat rewards this year. And then hope that if they give bonuses for the 2years+ folks, that it won't make me too jealous.

doubt they'll give extended rewards to previous platinums. It would be cool if they would, but kinda doubt that they'd show us that much love

Well, we've still got 5 months left until the end of the reward year, so I've still got time to get more codes & games (I know I'll get FF13-2 for 360, so that leaves PS3), plus there's always the popular code trading (I have Dissidia 012). If I recall, at one point, the amount of points needed for the 2010 year was adjusted so it was easier to earn ranks. Perhaps the same will happen later once S-E figures out what games are coming out this fiscal year.

[quote name='Zonic505']Well, we've still got 5 months left until the end of the reward year, so I've still got time to get more codes & games (I know I'll get FF13-2 for 360, so that leaves PS3), plus there's always the popular code trading (I have Dissidia 012). If I recall, at one point, the amount of points needed for the 2010 year was adjusted so it was easier to earn ranks. Perhaps the same will happen later once S-E figures out what games are coming out this fiscal year.[/QUOTE]

well if you need codes, I might have a couple you need still. I only want survey cash though, so probably 1-2 codes for each 5 dollar amount

Can confirm from my account that silver is 500 and gold 750, i don't know about ultimate yet but can guess it's 1000.

hopefully you're right about it being 1000 for ultimate. Thats what I'm hoping, gonna try to save any games I have for the following year and just do the contests right now. Seeing as I got 960 now, 1 game and I'd be max, rather wait and see if any other contests will pop up this year

I haven't been very active in acquiring points this year. I only have 60 pts right now. :(

I got the sample CD that I won from the contest. That was fast. I thought they would mail them out later like they said they would. Here's a pic:

does anyone actually own the deus ex game? I haven't been able to get into it all that much. Its annoying, I die too easily, I was good at 007, MGS, Halo, but apparently not that great at this one..

They must have a million leftover Chrono Trigger CDs and Kingdom Hearts Re:coded stickers. They had boxes and boxes of them and were giving them out at NYCC to anyone who would sign up for Square Enix Members.

Quick question. I am new to this, but the OP says that Deus Ex is eligible to enter in for rewards, but the Square Enix site doesn't list it as eligible for any system for online registration when I log in.

Was it at one point and now they have stopped? What's the deal there?

[quote name='Deefuzz']Quick question. I am new to this, but the OP says that Deus Ex is eligible to enter in for rewards, but the Square Enix site doesn't list it as eligible for any system for online registration when I log in.

Was it at one point and now they have stopped? What's the deal there?[/QUOTE]

It is eligible, there are loads of games that aren't on that list that are eligible. They suck at updating it, so pretty much you need to figure out what games are eligible on your own. Any game you buy that comes out now comes with one from what I have seen

edit: fixed

Just added Dungeon Siege 3.
Gonna try and get Ultimate this year.

Also I think maybe this thread needs to be wiki'd since like the last thread ended up the same way.
Either the OP does it or someone starts a new one and Wiki it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='adriley313']also what do you do with cards that cant be used towards this years prize.[/QUOTE]

what do you mean by that? All codes can be used any year you use them in. So if the code is still unused, you can use it towards next years prize if you haven't already registered the game title already

[quote name='josb101']It is eligible, there are loads of games that aren't on that list that are eligible. They suck at updating it, so pretty much you need to figure out what games are eligible on your own. Any game you buy that comes out now comes with one from what I have seen[/QUOTE]

Ah gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up for me! :)

[quote name='TripleQ']Does anyone know if Bust-a-Move Universe for the 3DS comes with a code? I think it's published by Square?[/QUOTE]

yes it does, if you need one, I think I have a spare, can't think off the top of my head thought. But if I got one, trading for guides or games..

It amazes me how outdated the list on S-E's site is...One of these days, I should mention that to them & how many points it'll take to get Ultimate this year.

....now that I think about it, how many Square Enix games are coming out before April 1st, 2012? FF13-2 is the only one that comes to mind. No word on Theatrythm: Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts 3D, & Heroes of Ruin.

Ugh, wish there was someone to trade my spare Dissidia 012 code with....

[quote name='Zonic505']It amazes me how outdated the list on S-E's site is...One of these days, I should mention that to them & how many points it'll take to get Ultimate this year.

....now that I think about it, how many Square Enix games are coming out before April 1st, 2012? FF13-2 is the only one that comes to mind. No word on Theatrythm: Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts 3D, & Heroes of Ruin.

Ugh, wish there was someone to trade my spare Dissidia 012 code with....[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean, they seriously need to update the list. It takes way to much points to get to ultimate, and if you go by their list, its missing a lot of them. But last I checked it, they did update it a lot from the time I checked it before. But even then I know its still missing lots..

I'm trying to get people to trade for my codes too as well, no one seems to want to trade.

for those looking to trade, most people tend to trade near the deadline. No point in getting codes now since we don't know what the ultimate prize is or what the point requirement is (since the point requirement may decrease and causing some of us to "waste" points)

Also there is a trading thread, might get better results from posting there? And like backseatdog said, most people will want to trade once the deadline gets closer.. I have tons of codes and will be trading once the prizes are announced.

I've tried the trading thread before, not sure if I still have the link for it, new computer, not sure when I last have been on it.. If you don't mind giving a link for it.

got an email from SE for some game survey, completed it and at the end it said points will be added when all else completed it. Didn't notice it even mentioned getting points, but might be worthwhile to do it in case it does provide any points, hopefully 50..

I got an email:

"Hello,

As a valued SQUARE ENIX member, we would really like to hear from you. Below is a link to a survey which will let us get to know your likes and dislikes about video games. So we can be sure that gamers like you are helping us to shape what we do, we would be grateful if you could spare the time to let us know what you think.

Complete the survey for a chance to win a $50 gift certificate from Amazon.com! (Terms and conditions apply.)

CLICK HERE TO BEGIN

Please note that we have commissioned an independent research consultancy to carry out this survey on our behalf, although no personal data will be transferred to third parties without your consent.

Our sincere thanks in advance,

The SQUARE ENIX team
"

No mention of points...

[quote name='Mimetic']I got an email:

"Hello,

As a valued SQUARE ENIX member, we would really like to hear from you. Below is a link to a survey which will let us get to know your likes and dislikes about video games. So we can be sure that gamers like you are helping us to shape what we do, we would be grateful if you could spare the time to let us know what you think.

Complete the survey for a chance to win a $50 gift certificate from Amazon.com! (Terms and conditions apply.)

CLICK HERE TO BEGIN

Please note that we have commissioned an independent research consultancy to carry out this survey on our behalf, although no personal data will be transferred to third parties without your consent.

Our sincere thanks in advance,

The SQUARE ENIX team
"

No mention of points...[/QUOTE]

yeah, no mention of points, but once you finish it, it says points will be awarded when all have completed it. Thats what throws me off. I did the survey, already know I won't win the giftcard, so more just hoping that there is gonna be some points awarded.

not too sure, have you been a member from the start? If not, I have, not sure if that would have anything to do with it or not. If it does offer points though, hopefully you will get a chance at it

I received the e-mail about member too, haven't completed it yet. They do not mention anything about points. Anyone did it yet? I'll add to OP if they do give points.

bread's done
Back