The Official Square/Enix Members Info Thread (Year 2012-13)

Pretty much shaselai. Best bet is to hit up amazon to start, see what its going for there, and then go to ebay and put in max bid to whatever you want and hope you win it cheaper =D

UGH!

The recommencement of the SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS service, previously scheduled for the end of this month, has been delayed to January 2012. Thank you for your continued patience.

[quote name='shaselai']I tried to get deus ex pc from gamestop and they said it was recalled because of some code problem... does that mean the deus ex pc games on ebay/amazon are also faulty?[/QUOTE]

They still sell it in canada, dunno about US. When the game was released it was taken down the shelves because of the on-live code yes. But since then we receive copy w/o those codes so you should be good.

I've been a member for awhile now, but didn't even know there was a rewards program *doh*. Can't really find any information on how this works. Can I just register all my Square Enix games and get points for them? Or can only newly released games qualify for points? Or can all current and past qualifying games qualify for reward points?

I think it's pretty much any game made in 2009 & beyond that counts. If there's a special piece of paper that's included w/ the game with a code on it, then that's the code you redeem & it counts.

In answer to Link, any game that (Like Zonic said) that you find that has a code, as long as it hasn't been used, it will be good for any year you use it in.

On a side note, still haven't pre-ordered the ffxiii-2, if I still have time, considering the special version of it. But not sure seeing as I did it with the deus ex and the code was the same. So don't want to waste an extra 20-30 for a game that I don't really care about the extras. I just want a special code that is harder to get =(

[quote name='josb101']But not sure seeing as I did it with the deus ex and the code was the same. So don't want to waste an extra 20-30 for a game that I don't really care about the extras. I just want a special code that is harder to get =([/QUOTE]

I recommend you opt for the standard then. It's unlikely that they'll put different codes for the different editions of the game -- on the same system.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']I recommend you opt for the standard then. It's unlikely that they'll put different codes for the different editions of the game -- on the same system.[/QUOTE]

true, but who knows, I'll decide here when I try to go pre-order the game. I am a big fan of Final Fantasy, so if I do waste the money getting a special version, oh well. But I'll make the choice once I try I guess

Thanks for the info guys, just checked my library and I'm a little disappointed to find I don't have many newer SE games that I can register. I have FFXIII, but that's about it. Maybe this year I'll pick up some more.

do you guys think the collectors edition offer ff13-2 will be limited? I'm guessing not. trying to decide on whether to buy it on release or not

After they flopped with the FFXII's special edition, they'll probably make it more scarce. I still love that I picked up two of those things complete for 5dollars on eBay xD

[quote name='RabbitSuit']After they flopped with the FFXII's special edition, they'll probably make it more scarce. I still love that I picked up two of those things complete for 5dollars on eBay xD[/QUOTE]

Did you get 2 of them in an auction? Or won 2 seperate for 5 bucks each? I picked the collectors for 2.50 at a shop by my house way back. Still yet to play the game =P

As to Storino, I'm sure it will be a limited thing. I'm almost positive that it will be only limited to preorder only. So if you do want it, make sure to preorder to be safe, probably only 5 dollars down needed, unless its needing 10.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']After they flopped with the FFXII's special edition, they'll probably make it more scarce. I still love that I picked up two of those things complete for 5dollars on eBay xD[/QUOTE]

Do you mean the PS2 metal pack FFXII or PC FFXIII Limited?

I was referring to the steelbook FFXII, not the limited FFXIII. That FFXIII Limited is absurdly valuable for what it came with. I wasn't aware that there was even a PC version though o.o.

square enix members site is up and running again. But sadly, still can't login yet, still says theres a problem that they are working on still

Just saw that today. Glad to see they've just about got everything back to normal. Hoping they'll get the log-in fixed in time for FF13-2 on the 31st.

[quote name='Zonic505']Just saw that today. Glad to see they've just about got everything back to normal. Hoping they'll get the log-in fixed in time for FF13-2 on the 31st.[/QUOTE]

Is this program dead in the water? I just learned about it today and nothing on the site works.

[quote name='Romeo']Is this program dead in the water? I just learned about it today and nothing on the site works.[/QUOTE]

It is for right now, a month or so ago the site went down. Hackers got into it and now we can go back to the site but still can't log in yet. Wanting to be able to enter some codes, hopefully before the end of the SE year

[quote name='josb101']It is for right now, a month or so ago the site went down. Hackers got into it and now we can go back to the site but still can't log in yet. Wanting to be able to enter some codes, hopefully before the end of the SE year[/QUOTE]

Would you be so kind to explain the program a bit for me? I've been a member of Club Nintendo for many years and know their reward program very well, with gold and platinum level prizes plus their rewards you can redeem for.

Is SEs program similar, the same, or entirely different? Their doesn't seem nearly as many games from SE that you can register like there are numerous Nintendo games for their rewards program.

[quote name='Romeo']Would you be so kind to explain the program a bit for me? I've been a member of Club Nintendo for many years and know their reward program very well, with gold and platinum level prizes plus their rewards you can redeem for.

Is SEs program similar, the same, or entirely different? Their doesn't seem nearly as many games from SE that you can register like there are numerous Nintendo games for their rewards program.[/QUOTE]

Basically the same way, and yes there are not as many games.

[quote name='62t']Basically the same way, and yes there are not as many games.[/QUOTE]

So SE has yearly rewards for members and a points system to redeem goodies?

I read back in 2010 they had four award levels and even gave away iPod touches.

With Nintendo, you redeem 12 wii games to hit their best level. Approximatey how many SE games do you need for the best rewards?

[quote name='Romeo']So SE has yearly rewards for members and a points system to redeem goodies?

I read back in 2010 they had four award levels and even gave away iPod touches.

With Nintendo, you redeem 12 wii games to hit their best level. Approximatey how many SE games do you need for the best rewards?[/QUOTE]

If you just count games (and not bonus points) the first year took 15 games, and the second year (i.e. last year) took 20 games. Bonuses are somewhat sporadic and usually for a limited time only but can give you 2-5 games worth of points over a year.

I'm not sure if anyone has reported the points for ultimate yet this year, but I'm guessing around 20 games as well.

It is a lot of games and requires you to get the same game on multiple platforms (or at least the code for it).

One of the differences is that unlike Club Nintendo where you only get one reward or you choose between the Platinum or Gold reward if you made it to Platinum, you earn ALL the rewards from previous levels/ranks. For example, last year, some of us (like me) got Ultimate, so we got the rewards for Bronze, Silver, Gold, AND Ultimate.

Also, quick question. Did we ever confirm that special editions of games count separately for normal editions/just the game itself? I'm getting the LE for the 360 version of FF13-2, but it'd be nice to trade a Duodecim code for either the normal edition of the 360 version or the PS3 version (should the LE & just the game itself be the same).

I also seriously want to know who won that manga survey contest for the Fullmetal Alchemist briefcase. Never before in my life have I cared so much for a briefcase.

[quote name='Zonic505']One of the differences is that unlike Club Nintendo where you only get one reward or you choose between the Platinum or Gold reward if you made it to Platinum, you earn ALL the rewards from previous levels/ranks. For example, last year, some of us (like me) got Ultimate, so we got the rewards for Bronze, Silver, Gold, AND Ultimate.

Also, quick question. Did we ever confirm that special editions of games count separately for normal editions/just the game itself? I'm getting the LE for the 360 version of FF13-2, but it'd be nice to trade a Duodecim code for either the normal edition of the 360 version or the PS3 version (should the LE & just the game itself be the same).

I also seriously want to know who won that manga survey contest for the Fullmetal Alchemist briefcase. Never before in my life have I cared so much for a briefcase.[/QUOTE]

I thought I've mentioned before on special versions of the games. They sometimes do and sometimes don't. Meaning, I got the special FFXIV, that was a different compared to the normal FFXIV. While I bought the Deus Ex Augmented version for 360, and that one was the same code as the normal. Pissed me off, don't even like the game and I wasted more money on it.

As for the FFXIII-2.. I'm really hoping the special version has one, seeing as I preordered it. But if it doesn't, oh well, big fan of Final Fantasy games, so then I'll just have the limited edition version. Doing my best to beat FFXIII before the next one, but kinda doubt it now. Don't have the time I want in order to do it

That sounds good that hitting the highest level lets you earn the lower level rewards.

It seems though that where Nintendo has a good hundred new games a year where the Square list of games looked like it had less than 15. Could someone give some specifics as far as points per game and levels of rewards, and maybe individual items that are redeemable?

I'm really curious about this 'hack' too, what info of members was lost?

Thank you everyone. =)

Thankfully, personal info wasn't compromised during the hack, so pretty much all members info is still intact & safe.

It seems to be 50 points per game for the most part, though some handheld games might be 30 (I know KH Re:coded was, for some reason). As for levels, we're not entirely sure on the amounts needed this year, but last year, you needed about 400 for Silver, 700 for Gold, & 1,000 for Ultimate. From time to time, there'll be ways to get bonus points, like surveys, entering contests, or registering a game early.

[quote name='Romeo']That sounds good that hitting the highest level lets you earn the lower level rewards.

It seems though that where Nintendo has a good hundred new games a year where the Square list of games looked like it had less than 15. Could someone give some specifics as far as points per game and levels of rewards, and maybe individual items that are redeemable?

Thank you everyone. =)[/QUOTE]

All games are worth 50points. Regardless of what system it's on. HOWEVER, you will only receive the points through physical copies of the game. If you go straight through steam or get it digital for iphones, and whatnot, you're outta luck, buddy.

The level of rewards look like this

forcag.gif

Took a while to find this old photo since the website is disarray. The amount of points needed for each tier varies per year. But expect somewhere around 100points for Bronze, 450points for silver, 700points for gold, and 1000points for ultimate.

The prizes you can look throughout the topic to see'em.

The company shut down the "Square Enix Members" site for the U.S. and Japan last week immediately after finding unknown parties had accessed its server. The hacked machine stores registration details including e-mail addresses, names, addresses and phone numbers on 1.8 million users, but no credit card information. The European version of the site was not affected.
An investigation has revealed that the database containing the private details was not accessed, so Square Enix aims to have the site up and running by the end of the year, a spokeswoman said. The company has reported the incident to the Japanese government, but did not reveal what part of the server was hit or anything it has discovered on the hackers.

Taken from here:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2465...en_hacked_site_says_no_private_data_lost.html

Edit - Wait, KH: Re loaded was worth 30points? That's news to me. I marked it as 50 on my spreadsheet when I used the thing, and my point total adds up to the correct amount with that too -- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...zek9vVDVySGhNdHJQbTlsdGdDT0E&authkey=COaT588C

For me, it was. I THINK it was 50 for most people, but some got it for 30 for some reason. I'm not entirely sure what was up with that.

I sure hope this year, we don't have to wait months just to hear what the rewards are.

Thank you Rabbit and Zonic!

I look forward to starting a new rewards program. I was getting bored with Club Nintendo.

I know I have at least 3-4 SE games. Here's hoping I hit the highest level quick!

No problem, and best of luck Romeo.

Wow, that's strange as hell. But at least you hit plat easy enough. And yeah, it'd be nice to know what the prizes are earlier on. Especially since I don't have a single point this year xD. Man, I haven't even done the surveys for free points.

How long do we have left anyways? I might end up making a new account and rebuying some of ye oldie games for the points.

I think the year ends March 31st, as far as starting fresh, might be the best bet, I do have some spare codes, but require guides/games/amazon gc as payment for them

[quote name='Romeo']That sounds good that hitting the highest level lets you earn the lower level rewards.

Thank you everyone. =)[/QUOTE]

There are no individual items to redeem for like Club Nintendo, you only get the rewards at year end (Mar 31) depending on what level you reach. More info/reference here:

http://www.turdpocalypse.ca/square-enix-members-rewards-codes/

Did anyone see that there is a 50 point bonus for FFXIII-2, do u have to order through them or can you order from amazon and its a early registration bonus

[quote name='MarshMan34']Nevermind just saw on their website it has to be preordered from their store[/QUOTE]

yeah that kinda pisses me off. I preordered from gamestop. Their site was down during that time. So therefore I don't get bonus points do to the fact that they had their site down.

Maybe we'll get lucky & they'll make FF13-2 one of those games where if you register it the 1st month its out, then you get bonus points. I never even knew about that pre-order deal. Wasn't even mentioned in the blog where they tend to announce ways to get more points.

I wonder when that wall scroll contest will happen. Would be neat to win one & hang it near the Lightning artwork I got for reaching Ultimate.

[quote name='Romeo']Is the site back up, are we able to register once again?[/QUOTE]

The site is back up but at the moment you can't log in :\

Yeah, everything except for the Members/signing-in (& any pages that require you to be logged in) is back to normal. I'm following Square Enix Members' Twitter, so hopefully they'll mention something once we're able to log in again.

[quote name='Zonic505']Yeah, everything except for the Members/signing-in (& any pages that require you to be logged in) is back to normal. I'm following Square Enix Members' Twitter, so hopefully they'll mention something once we're able to log in again.[/QUOTE]

Since I'm not a member yet and I can't register, is there a way I can see rewards of basically anything member related without being able to sign in?

Also, is there a master list of games available to register? I own a ton from current consoles.

waaaay off topic.. I won Yu-gi-oh the movie for DVD, hopefully its good. Won season 3 but found out it was only part 4 of it, so asked to get refunded.

Has Square even hinted at a date for he program to come back up? I'm itching to register my codes is that I found out about the program.

Updated with FFXIII-2 PS3 pts card. Will have 360 info later today and will know if CE edition has different code.

Edit: Now also have the 360 pts code. Also the Collectors have the same code as regulars editions :(.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the moment, S-E hasn't said anything about when we'll be able to log-in again. The only thing they said was "We will try to restore the service as soon as possible.", which was a few days ago.

Update: Got this e-mail from S-E about a special promo on their site:

And as a special promotion, when you preorder FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 for either Xbox 360® or PlayStation®3 you will have the opportunity to purchase the FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 PLAY ARTS -KAI- LIGHTNING FIGURINE. If you purchase both items you will get a $10 off coupon toward your next purchase at the Square Enix Online Store as well as 132 Members points! The coupon is only good on a purchase of $50 or more and will only apply to purchases classified under the "Game" category. There are only 132 figurines available for purchase to get the $10 off coupon and 132 Members points so don't delay!
So if you pre-order FF13-2 AND a figurine, then you'll get not only $10 off your next $50 purchase, but you get a whopping 132 points for your account.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back