The Official Square/Enix Members Info Thread (Year 2012-13)

dsi. and dsi XL models are only region locked if they have specific features like camera usage etc. otherwise they are region free for "normal games"

[quote name='josb101']thinking the same thing about that game, but not sure if it'd only work on a Japanese 3DS. I'd hope to think it'd work on ours, but that would be the deal breaker for me[/QUOTE]

They are locked yeah but I'd get a Japanese 3DS if they don't get it here xD

[quote name='storino03']dsi. and dsi XL models are only region locked if they have specific features like camera usage etc. otherwise they are region free for "normal games"[/QUOTE]Yeah, the only DSi-enhanced game that comes to mind is that Idolmaster game. Otherwise, if you play it on an US DS, you won't get the camera features, but it'll still work.

But yeah, really hoping Theatrhythm: FF comes to the US.

thats cool, thanks for the heads up on it. I try to check back daily just to see if I can log in yet, but not much more than that. There is a PSV SE game thats out, something something of hell.. Can't think of the name of it right now, video of it looked kinda boring, but thats just me. Will probably still get it just for the code, and to play through it of course

I remember seeing that contest a while back, but forgot about it. Wonder if it'll be up around the same time the log-in is fixed.

& the game you're thinking of is Army Corps of Hell. From what I've heard, it's kind of similar to Pikmin.

i'm sorry, i just tried it and yeah, doesn't work XD

my bad, but hey, the site at least redirects you to log-in page ,so they're getting it up, right?

right?!

I'm not a member. When I click sign up, it still gives the same error page. When I click login, it directs to login to a SE account and allows me to sign up for a new account there.

hopefully in a day or two it might be up and running, but hell, who knows really.
If we're unlucky, they probably think it is up and running now, and because of that, everyone is screwed

Just checked and I was able to log in and enter some codes. Some pages work and some dont. My points page worked and showed me that when I clicked on my points after logging in and I was able to put some codes in. After I put my first code in, I was logged out and had to log back in, annoying. There wasnt a way I saw to go back and register another. Second time, I didn't log out, but I didn't have a direct link to register another code.
TL:DR Website is up, acting a bit strangely, but can still see what you have register and register cards.

something I noticed, I registered 13-2 for 360, it worked. Tried registering a PS3 13-2 got from a friend and it said I reached registration limit.. So thats kinda messed up if they are only giving you the option of 1 or the other and not both

Yup, was able to log in. & I get the registration limit as well when I tried to register the PS3 code for XIII-2 after registering my 360 version. Maybe someone who has both can try registering the PS3 version 1st, then trying the 360 to make sure it's not just the PS3 codes being weird?

Also, I'm at 420 points this year. STILL at Bronze. How is it that for the 2009 year, I was only at 280 points, yet got Silver, yet for the 2011 year, I've got more points, yet at a lower level?

[quote name='Bencherstyle']yayyyy! you're right. i can register codes.

:)

so as long as we enter codes before march 31st, we can get our tier gifts right?[/QUOTE]

Yes, time to start leveling up.

[quote name='Zonic505'] Also, I'm at 420 points this year. STILL at Bronze. How is it that for the 2009 year, I was only at 280 points, yet got Silver, yet for the 2011 year, I've got more points, yet at a lower level?[/QUOTE]

Every year they have changed how many points you need for each level. They say it depends on how many games they come out with. I would suggest just to get the codes and wait until they announce how many points it requires for this year for each tier. You can always save the extra rewards cards for next year. There should be an announcement soon regarding whether they will change the points for each tier or not. Hopefully we will not need extra points for the ultimate reward, that would suck.

Last year bronze got nothing, so be careful. If you want at least something, then I would get at least silver, if possible.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']what do bronze members get?[/QUOTE]

Maybe something, maybe nothing..
Meaning, first year, bronze got a postcard collection, second year, bronze got nothing.. Only silver and up got something, so as of right now, who knows.. If you need any help reaching a higher tier, I got several spare codes.

silver is my goal, and im done. i have no games i want from SE, after Deus ex. :(
hopefully silver members get something decent?

EDIT: how do someone of you, get ultimate year after year? i am in awe!

PM WITH OFFERS

Want: Guides/Games/Amazon GC/Skylander figures
(I put in cash value of each of the codes below if you do GC credit, any code I have multiples of is 3 dollars, 5 if only one [to anyone that questions why =P])

Have:

$3 Final Fantsay XIII (PS3)
$3 Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3)
$3 Just Cause 2 (PS3)
$3 Front Mission Evolved (PS3)
$3 Nier (PS3)
$3 Kane & Lynch 2 (PS3)
$5 Dungeon Siege 3 (PS3)
$3 Deus EX: Human Revolution (PS3)
$5 Star Ocean: The Last Hope International (PS3) PENDING

$3 Deus EX: Human Revolution (360)
$5 Front Mission Evolved (360)
$3 Final Fantasy XIII (360)
$3 Final Fantasy XIII-2 (360)
$3 Kane & Lynch 2 (360)
$3 Nier(360)
$3 Just Cause 2 (360)

$3 Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded (DS)
$3 Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days (DS)
$5 Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of time (DS)
$5 Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of light (DS)

$3 Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep (PSP)
$5 Dissidia Final Fantasy (PSP)
$3 Final Fantasy IV: Complete (PSP)
$5 The 3rd Birthday (PSP)

$5 Bust a Move Universe (3DS) PENDING

$5 Order of War (PC)
$5 Supreme Commander 2 (PC)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if I'll get a response, but I tried asking the Twitter account of SQ Members about the fact some people are having trouble registering the other console version of FF13-2 after registering 1 version. Maybe I should also ask what the point requirements are for each rank.

Hmm.. apparently the FF13 Platinum Hits edition (360) has a different code from the normal edition. Unfortunately I just got the code emailed from a friend so I don't have the ID number from the card. Maybe the PS3 GH has a different code as well.

I just made gold.. ultimate is 1000 this year again. So the complete tiers are

Bronze 50
Silver 500
Gold 750
Ultimate 1000

Also another game not listed in the OP..

3DS Bust-A-Move Universe 91044 released March 27, 2011

Got a response:

no you should still be able to, but currently members points registration is down. We'll have a message when it goes up
Phew, so it sounds like it's just some minor bugs & such that're still being worked out/

As for last year's Ultimate prize, it was a piece of artwork featuring Lightning.

So close to Silver. Once I register FF13-2 on PS3, I'll have 470 points.

[quote name='Zonic505']Got a response:

Phew, so it sounds like it's just some minor bugs & such that're still being worked out/

As for last year's Ultimate prize, it was a piece of artwork featuring Lightning.

So close to Silver. Once I register FF13-2 on PS3, I'll have 470 points.[/QUOTE]

Wow that is absolutely gorgeous. I wish I had that, I just learned about the program this year.

[quote name='TripleQ']I just made gold.. ultimate is 1000 this year again. So the complete tiers are

Bronze 50
Silver 500
Gold 750
Ultimate 1000

3DS Bust-A-Move Universe 91044 released March 27, 2011[/QUOTE]

Just made a new account. And it lists Bronze as 100 for me.

I just want to verify:

The SIGN UP option on the member page states the program is still unavailable. If you click LOGIN page you can then sign up for a new account.

Is this the EXACT same thing that would occur if I was able to use the SIGNUP button from the first page?

Yes, actually. That's what I ended up doing.

On a side note, curse the Dragon Quest games for not having the registration codes. I just opened three sealed games before I realized they didn't qualify!

[quote name='josb101'](I know this is meant more for the trading thread, but here for all newcomers that don't know where it is)
PM WITH OFFERS[/QUOTE]

You are a newcomer relatively, so why dont you help out newcomers and tell them about the trading thread instead of posting your list here? :roll:

so it seems people are just making new accounts, I guess I'll go that route. they dont offer anything for past loyalty in terms of the rewards so makes sense.

I was right on last year's reward. Gonna open my big mouth and guess we'll be getting this for the ultimate tier:
scaled.php

Women dig guys with artplates and recycled rewards.

Yes, sir. They got the Lightning artplate before. And that one as an ultimate member reward as well. All of the Bronze/Silver/Gold member rewards were different as far as I'm aware; less postcards.

Edit -- Strangely enough, looking for photos of the thing shows versions where the "Final Fantasy Fan" on the bottom are written in both Japanese and English. Wonder what the story is behind that.

[quote name='TripleQ']I just made gold.. ultimate is 1000 this year again. So the complete tiers are

Bronze 50
Silver 500
Gold 750
Ultimate 1000

3DS Bust-A-Move Universe 91044 released March 27, 2011[/QUOTE]

It was released in 2010-2011 range so it's in the past years game list. :)

If that's what we get, I'd totally be fine with that. Heck, I'm kind of more motivated to get some more codes.

Also, I just tried my PS3 FF13-2 code & it worked.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Man.. getting 1000 this year will be kind of tough... as SE didn;t really release THAT many game this year..[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I just registered a few, sitting at Silver. I hope they knock it down a bit considering they didn't release that many games....

Not to mention for people who've registered games in the past & reached high ranks in past years. I wish there was a curve for members who reached Ultimate last year & such.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Man.. getting 1000 this year will be kind of tough... as SE didn;t really release THAT many game this year..[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sephiroth61787']Agreed. I just registered a few, sitting at Silver. I hope they knock it down a bit considering they didn't release that many games....[/QUOTE]

That's what I don't get and what makes me see this program as a joke... Club Nintendo's highest level is 600 points and they release MANY games throughout the year. Square released maybe 1/4 the games yet requires nearly twice as many points.

I still have yet to register for an account and am hesitant to until I see what the prizes are for this year. I don't want to waste my points, per se.

[quote name='Romeo']That's what I don't get and what makes me see this program as a joke... Club Nintendo's highest level is 600 points and they release MANY games throughout the year. Square released maybe 1/4 the games yet requires nearly twice as many points.

I still have yet to register for an account and am hesitant to until I see what the prizes are for this year. I don't want to waste my points, per se.[/QUOTE]

if you do that, you probably won't know what the prize is. First year we knew a bit before the years end (I think) and second year if I remember correctly we didn't get to know for a long while afterwards. Then the several months of waiting for them to be shipped =( But if the prize is the same as the Japan land prize, then at least its kinda like a heads up for it. Hell I would much rather the prize be a SE members game. One you can't get anywhere else, or maybe a disc realease of Final Fantasy 7

I like it too. Always been a fan of Amano's stuff, not that largest on that one in particular, but it's still cool. If it isn't a neato electronic item like the first year, I hope it's that FFIV plate.

[quote name='Romeo']That's what I don't get and what makes me see this program as a joke... Club Nintendo's highest level is 600 points and they release MANY games throughout the year. Square released maybe 1/4 the games yet requires nearly twice as many points..[/QUOTE]

they are two different programs and two different companies. It might not be reasonable to expect 1000 points (try starting a new account and using codes from older releases).

I dont see why you should compare them. Nintendo gives you stuff to spend points on all year. Square Enix gives a higher end promotional item to its top tier..

[quote name='Arakias']they are two different programs and two different companies. It might not be reasonable to expect 1000 points (try starting a new account and using codes from older releases).

I dont see why you should compare them. Nintendo gives you stuff to spend points on all year. Square Enix gives a higher end promotional item to its top tier..[/QUOTE]

So to add that it's impossible to get the best prize if you're a current member, the points mean nothing throughout the year? There are no rewards/prizes to redeem for?

bread's done
Back