The Official Square/Enix Members Info Thread (Year 2012-13)

[quote name='pete5883']Just barely got to gold, and I think I might've gotten screwed. I own the CE to FFXIV, but the code in the box was for the regular edition of FFXIV. Did this happen to anyone else? According to my spreadsheet, the CE is 91016, regular edition is 91003.[/QUOTE]

I have a similar issue, I had the CE code in regular edition so end up with 2 CE code and no Regular code, if i can find it we could trade up xD

- Edit: i used both CE code i had for my 2 account. i can check if theres more i could buy at my store, the game is like 9.99$ -

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm they should be choosing the winners for that Art of Video Games book by tomorrow, according to the rules. Hopin' there's a blog post on it or something stating the winners.

Is there a way to check if a code has been used? Bought a used copy of :ps3: Nier and it came complete. If there isn't a way I'll give the code for free to first PM since I'm not interested in this program.

[quote name='Zeikoa']Is there a way to check if a code has been used? Bought a used copy of :ps3: Nier and it came complete. If there isn't a way I'll give the code for free to first PM since I'm not interested in this program.[/QUOTE]

you can enter the code on the member's points page and click register. It'll take you to a confirmation screen which tells you if it's been used or not. If not, it'll tell you what game it is.

Another Interesting contest about Tomb raider, no points involved.

I’m ecstatic to finally blow the lid off a contest that’s been a longtime in the making!
The competition in a nutshell: We’re hosting a massive fanart contest calling for submissions that have been created by hand. Why, you may ask? The prize helped to dictate the rules in this case. The winner of the “By Hand” art competition will walk away with an original charcoal illustration of Lara Croft by Crystal Dynamics Senior Art Director Brian Horton. The exclusive drawing is a whopping 11x17 in size, professionally matted, and autographed. We’ve got three sizable subcategory prizes, too. The contest began April 9, and has already amassed dozens of impressive entries. The contest closes May 30.

The English rules and regulations are available for viewing here. To ensure that fans worldwide are able to participate, we’ve also translated the rules into Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, French, Italian, German, and Chinese. Thank you to our pool of dedicated webmasters who aided with the translations!

^ That's cool. Hopefully we can add our info in after the update.

Preorder bonus announced for Square's upcoming KH game. Nothing mentioned about points (;_; or an LE 3DS), but I thought you folks might be interested it.

[quote name='htz']Not sure if this is posted yet...

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
GameStop and Amazon have the same pre-order bonus below.

KingdomHearts3D_bonusLG.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Also, I'm playing Square Enix's Wakfu MMO for the first time instead of studying for finals.

I have no idea how to do anything in this game, but I am enjoying porting around tiles like an ass against small birds and weeds. Shame you need to pay monthly in order to even collect materials. Nice to waste an afternoon on it though. Anybody here play it?

SE Members down for maintenance.. ..again. Hopefully thats more to post what we get rather than crap going on again and again and again.. ..etc

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE 04/11/12
Added the Hitman Absolution release date for PS3 and 360 (11/20)

Also a nice Preorder bonus was announce for Gamestop.

Hitman: Sniper Challenge will not be an extra mode built into the main game, but rather a standalone downloadable game exclusively available to North Americans who pre-order the game through Gamestop. In it, players will control series protagonist Agent 47 from a balcony hideout, as he tries to take out a CEO and his bodyguards. Score multipliers, secrets and upgrades can be unlocked in Sniper Challenge, then imported into Hitman: Absolution.
Online leaderboards will be incorporated, with monthly prizes going to those with the highest posted scores.
Hitman: Sniper Challenge will be available to download for pre-order customers on May 15, while Absolution has been confirmed for a November 20 launch on PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3.

Square Enix Members is doing a Final Fantasy XIII-2 DLC code drop (with all DLC codes, even preorder bonus ones) on their twitter and facebook today till Friday. Apparently it's random drops and stuff like answer trivia. I'd do it, but frankly, I'd rather just purchase it outright instead of spending the time hunting for'em.

They also announced a limited edition for Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop. More on that here -- http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...98609915841.391620.76090440840&type=1&theater

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Square Enix Members is doing a Final Fantasy XIII-2 DLC code drop (with all DLC codes, even preorder bonus ones) on their twitter and facebook today till Friday. Apparently it's random drops and stuff like answer trivia. I'd do it, but frankly, I'd rather just purchase it outright instead of spending the time hunting for'em.

They also announced a limited edition for Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop. More on that here -- http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...98609915841.391620.76090440840&type=1&theater[/QUOTE]

SHIT man, I'm a sucker for cool boxes.:cry:

Is the site dead again? I can't get access no matter which way I try to log in, including "sign up" then logging in on the following page.

Quick question unrelated.. The reduced price guide section, does anyone know if someone else has picked it up and started a new one? If so, can someone please post the link for it

[quote name='josb101']I have registered them both. The orginal will come up as Final Fantasy XIV (PC) while the collectors will come up as Final Fantasy XIV Collector's Edition (PC) and the code numbers are correct (I think). I got the original next to me, the collectors I would have to look for it and open it up (which I'm not willing to do that).[/QUOTE]
Can you (or anyone else who has registered both versions of FFXIV) do me a favor and grab a screenshot of both games registered on your account? I'm talking to tech support who INSISTS that there is only one version in the Square Enix Members system.

I can as soon as the site is back up and running =P But as of right now it is still down. The collectors is
Final Fantasy XIV Collectors Edition
and the normal is
Final Fantasy XIV

[quote name='josb101']I can as soon as the site is back up and running =P But as of right now it is still down. The collectors is
Final Fantasy XIV Collectors Edition
and the normal is
Final Fantasy XIV[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I told them exactly this but they ignored it and told me there's only one FFXIV in the system.

[quote name='pete5883']Yeah, I told them exactly this but they ignored it and told me there's only one FFXIV in the system.[/QUOTE]

well in a way there is only one ffxiv, but then there is only one ffxiv collectors edition. So they aren't lying, just being dicks about it, it would seem. Soon once they make the PS3 version, then there will be 2 of the normal, maybe 2 of collectors also.

[quote name='josb101']we are able to go back to the SE site, but still not able to log in yet..[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Login was enabled weeks ago and now it's all down again?

[quote name='Romeo']Interesting. Login was enabled weeks ago and now it's all down again?[/QUOTE]

for the past week now, haven't been able to even go to the site at all. So now being able to go to the site is an improvement. But much rather be able to log into the damn site again. Hopefully once we do get to, our points will be adjusted, meaning they have figured out the point totals for this year. Don't want to have to wait months until it'll come out and say I'm really silver or gold

Yeah, this is getting pretty absurd. Was following their twitter handler, and in real time, he was linking to the blog despite even that section of the website being down.

[quote name='josb101']for the past week now, haven't been able to even go to the site at all. So now being able to go to the site is an improvement. But much rather be able to log into the damn site again. Hopefully once we do get to, our points will be adjusted, meaning they have figured out the point totals for this year. Don't want to have to wait months until it'll come out and say I'm really silver or gold[/QUOTE]

I put myself at just over 1000 points for 2011 though I didn't bother entering any this year because of what you described above.

yeah, best thing to do is just pay attention to this site, or if you have friends that do it. Seeing as once they say that the points have been adjusted acordingly, then you'd want to start adding the points in. Had a friend that started one last year, he got to like 1900 points and was still silver or gold, then one day it said he was ultimate. So there went 900 points down the crapper =(

don't know how to do a lot of stuff on the new setup right now. Says I'm level 1, should be max, or they just need to let me order the reward. Also as far as that mog 360 or PS3 goes. You update your profile and it enters you into the drawing..

ULTIMATE REWARD ANNOUNCED IN CONTEST:

Square Enix Members Ultimate Bundle*

Amano Yoshitaka FINAL FANTASY art print (approximate retail value ($150.00)

Square Enix Members license plate (approximate retail value $50)

Square Enix Members fleece blanket (approximate retail value $30)

Square Enix Members lanyard (approximate retail value ($10)

*Above information was found in the latest SE contest under the Rules section.

[quote name='storino03']ULTIMATE REWARD ANNOUNCED IN CONTEST:

*Above information was found in the latest SE contest under the Rules section.[/QUOTE]
Good eye!

It could possibly be the REWARD tier setup as well :applause:
Bronze is the alnyard and so forth...

Wow, that's some random stuff (A fleece blanket? License plate??). But yeah, sounds like since there's 4 prizes in that bundle, those are our prizes for the year. & it sounds like the Ultimate prize is that FF4 Complete Collection picture Japan got.

Now if we could just have the page up showing how far we are to reaching the top tier & such. All I know is I'm at 3,650 points, but have no idea if that's low or high.

[quote name='music2134']3k + pnts is ultimate now?! :([/QUOTE]

where are you seeing where the point requirement is? I can't really find much of anything on its set up so far.

[quote name='storino03']ULTIMATE REWARD ANNOUNCED IN CONTEST:

*Above information was found in the latest SE contest under the Rules section.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, wondering how big is that fleece blanket and how weird would it be for it to replace my real blanket ;)

This new member page is weird.... anyone have found a way to figure out what are the tier now, and how many point you need? I've got 5800 points now, and i'm pretty sure in the old system i didn't have that many

[quote name='music2134']I'm worried...I was ultimate before the revamp...now
it says I have "Points:2,000"
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, looks like each point just doubled in value.

My account was at 1,030 prior to the change and now it's 2,060. We should be fine though.

Another nice little contest

LOS ANGELES (May 31, 2012)Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in the Americas, today announced Quantum Conundrum™ will be available June 21 exclusively for Steam® on PC. Developed by Airtight Games, the first-person environmental puzzle game is now available for preorder on Steam®. Quantum Conundrum will also be available on the PlayStation®Network for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and on Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft this summer.

Fans who have long awaited the next puzzle game from Kim Swift, co-creator of PORTAL™ 1, can now preorder either the standard edition or a season pass of Quantum Conundrum through Steam. The season pass includes three exclusive Team Fortress 2 items, an exclusive downloadable Quantum Conundrum soundtrack and future downloadable puzzle packs. Both the regular game and season pass will be 10% off during the preorder period, from now until June 20.

Fans who preorder the PC version of the game will be automatically entered into a sweepstakes (no purchase necessary) to have their likeness painted by theQuantum Conundrum art staff and hung in Professor Quadwrangle’s mansion— a once-in-a-lifetime prize!

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Yeah, looks like each point just doubled in value.

My account was at 1,030 prior to the change and now it's 2,060. We should be fine though.[/QUOTE]

Same for me. So is this now a points program like Club Nintendo?

Is it a good thing I redeemed 20 codes for the last year, even with the program all broken? Should I have waited until now, after the revamp?

Yeah, it would make sense if they 'doubled' the points, because I had two years of Ultimate status (this past year and the current one), so 4100 something seems about right.

found out about a "glitch" maybe.. Right now, you can register the same game over and over again. I used a spare code on my account and it took it. The only draw back is, you aren't told if its been used or not. So its not used, then it just takes it, no confirmation with the code. If it has been used, it just says something like, code is invalid. Doesn't say its been used.

If anyone wants to, now might be the time to register all your spare trading codes.

bread's done
Back