The Official Square/Enix Members Info Thread (Year 2012-13)

nothing here yet. For all the ppl that got theres already, did you just update your address only to confirm for your platinum and prize??

[quote name='nixmahn']nothing here yet. For all the ppl that got theres already, did you just update your address only to confirm for your platinum and prize??[/QUOTE]

Not sure if it was a requirement to update if its not already, but I updated it just to be safe. Same address, only going into the settings just to be safe. Hopefully you get your reward if you didn't do that

[quote name='josb101']Not sure if it was a requirement to update if its not already, but I updated it just to be safe. Same address, only going into the settings just to be safe. Hopefully you get your reward if you didn't do that[/QUOTE]

Did you do anything else like fillout a f'ed form with outdated info from a link/email they sent? I did no such thing because they just put in there blog/site to update you're address.

Just received mine. The Square Enix members pin was broken in half though, and the back of it fell off.

But hey, the Ultimate Reward packaging is a lot nicer this year than last year's. And it's padded well too.

Edit -- I just updated the address on my profile. No forms needed.

[quote name='nixmahn']Did you do anything else like fillout a f'ed form with outdated info from a link/email they sent? I did no such thing because they just put in there blog/site to update you're address.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what to think really.. I didn't have to fill out a form at all, got another email from them saying that the link they sent wasn't working. But I just went to the site and manually did it because of that. I would try to contact them and say that to them. Say that the link didn't work, so you gave up on it and ask if you are still getting your reward. Say a couple friends you have across the USA already got theirs and you still haven't. That might be able to get an answer if they are gonna get it to you or not. If they say no, I'd think that they should have to get it to you do to the circumstances of it all.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Just received mine. The Square Enix members pin was broken in half though, and the back of it fell off.

But hey, the Ultimate Reward packaging is a lot nicer this year than last year's. And it's padded well too.

Edit -- I just updated the address on my profile. No forms needed.[/QUOTE]

Mine came today as well.... from walmart...?

The large box was absolutely crushed and I was worried. When I opened it I was glad to see they wrapped the blanket around the plaque, so nothing was actually damaged, luckily.

One thing I noticed that there was not a single piece of paper inside... no thank you note or anything.

[quote name='nixmahn']Got my packages waiting when I got home. Who wants to buy my spare ultimate SE package?[/QUOTE]

Why do you have a spare... and why are you trying to sell it?

[quote name='Romeo']Mine came today as well.... from walmart...?

The large box was absolutely crushed and I was worried. When I opened it I was glad to see they wrapped the blanket around the plaque, so nothing was actually damaged, luckily.

One thing I noticed that there was not a single piece of paper inside... no thank you note or anything.[/QUOTE]

Yours was in a walmart package?

[quote name='Romeo']Why do you have a spare... and why are you trying to sell it?[/QUOTE]

Its what happens when you have multiple accounts. What else would I be doing with my spares?

I have a code for FF13-2 PS3, that I can trade for Sleeping Dogs PS3 or other old Square enix games like Dissida, Kayne/Lynch, Armored Core, Deus Ex PS3.

Subject: 2011 SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS REWARDS

Dear Square Enix Member,

You are receiving this email communication because your 2011 Square Enix Members package was shipped to your address with an incorrect return address from Walmart.com. This was an error in our shipping process and we apologize for the confusion. If you have not already received your package, please respond back to this email and we will respond with the appropriate tracking information.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your continued support.

Regards,
Square Enix Members Team

[quote name='nixmahn']Its what happens when you have multiple accounts. What else would I be doing with my spares?[/QUOTE]

Be a fellow and give them away to other members like I do?

[quote name='Romeo']Be a fellow and give them away to other members like I do?[/QUOTE]

Do you mean "give them away to other members " for like $1XX.xx!?!?!?!?!
That has been known to happen.

I also accept 1st borns and hot wives/gf/sisters/milfs

[quote name='Bencherstyle']mine, was shipped from us cali and i had to pay 20 bucks to receive it, is this normal?[/QUOTE]

I got the same package from Walmart to Virginia as everyone else (business class/commercial priority mail, the region box B stuff). I sent the same package to Washington state for like 15 2/3 day priority mail. You are in Canada though, thats like international?

[quote name='MDRaph']UPDATE

Download FINAL FANTASY VII for PC on the square enix store and get 50 Pts ![/QUOTE]

That's neat. Hopefully they start with some more digital stuff as well for points soon.

This is fantastic. I was Ultimate member with enough points prior to the changeover and I just got my reward in the mail today.
A Pin, a lanyard and a friggin mousepad.
I didn't get any other prizes and I'm pissed. I spent so damn much on their games every year and I got a goddamn mousepad for my troubles while others out there can end up getting multiple Ultimate tier rewards.

I think I'm done with Square Rewards.

I'm shocked at some of the scums on eBay trying to sell their rewards. One is asking $250 ultimate set. If these were meant to be sold SE would be selling them, not giving them away.

[quote name='Bencherstyle']maybe, i just can't be sure why i had to pay for a reward :p

if any other canadians are here, please let me know your deets![/QUOTE]

Is their not import tax for items over a certain value?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Romeo']I'm shocked at some of the scums CAG Members on eBay trying to sell their rewards. One is asking $250 ultimate set. If these were meant to be sold SE would be selling them, not giving them away.[/QUOTE]

I'd be surprised if there were any that weren't CAGs. Either way, it's their reward. Let them do whatever they want with it.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I'm confused...I really don't get how this works. I can't even find where to enter the codes.[/QUOTE]

Once you create an account go to your profile by clicking your name on the left hand side of the screen or through the drop down tabs towards the top. From there look for the "My Activities" section on your profile and select "Game Registration".

[quote name='Bencherstyle']mine, was shipped from us cali and i had to pay 20 bucks to receive it, is this normal?[/QUOTE]

I had to pay $34... $8.50 handling fee and the rest was HST.

What value did they declare your package at? Mine was $200.

EDIT: Last year when I only made it to Silver, they declared the value as $1.00, lol.

[quote name='Romeo']I'm shocked at some of the scums on eBay trying to sell their rewards. One is asking $250 ultimate set. If these were meant to be sold SE would be selling them, not giving them away.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nixmahn']Do you mean "give them away to other members " for like $1XX.xx!?!?!?!?!
That has been known to happen.

I also accept 1st borns and hot wives/gf/sisters/milfs[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TidalDreams']I had to pay $34... $8.50 handling fee and the rest was HST.

EDIT: Last year when I only made it to Silver, they declared the value as $1.00, lol.[/QUOTE]

Hey now............ I also accept trades.

Also seems SE has set a fair value on their item anyways.

Edit: hmmm...... I may need to raise my price. For the record, non of those listings are actually mine. Oh so hate ebay, fees and all........and no trades for 1st borns and hot wives/gf/sisters/milfs.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TidalDreams']I had to pay $34... $8.50 handling fee and the rest was HST.

EDIT: Last year when I only made it to Silver, they declared the value as $1.00, lol.[/QUOTE]

200 dollars for me as well.

i reside in toronto however .

[quote name='Romeo']I'm shocked at some of the scums on eBay trying to sell their rewards. One is asking $250 ultimate set. If these were meant to be sold SE would be selling them, not giving them away.[/QUOTE]

I sold my SE iPod when I got it. No regrets there. Does that make me scum? The plate last year was commanding $200 I think as a set on eBay. I see no reason why people can't sell whatever they want/own/received. No need to be jealous.

[quote name='Bencherstyle']200 dollars for me as well.

i reside in toronto however .[/QUOTE]

I reside in GTA as well... Weird, cuz $34 is the right amount. I guess you got off lucky, lol.

Were we supposed to receive a confirmation that we updated our info successfully and are getting our rewards?

I never received an email. But I updated my information multiple times trying to ensure that I was going to get my reward... but now that it seems most people have gotten theirs already, I'm starting to worry.....

[quote name='dxgirly']Were we supposed to receive a confirmation that we updated our info successfully and are getting our rewards?

I never received an email. But I updated my information multiple times trying to ensure that I was going to get my reward... but now that it seems most people have gotten theirs already, I'm starting to worry.....[/QUOTE]

only confirmation you should of gotten is from updating it, how it says you've successfully updated your profile. Other than that, nothing. So pretty much if you did update it, then its just the waiting game

hmmmm... yeah, that's all I got. I guess I'll just have to be patient and keep my fingers crossed.

Also, does we know for certain if Sleeping Dogs comes with a registration card?

[quote name='Arakias']I sold my SE iPod when I got it. No regrets there. Does that make me scum? The plate last year was commanding $200 I think as a set on eBay. I see no reason why people can't sell whatever they want/own/received. No need to be jealous.[/QUOTE]

No jealousy at all as I have the set and could do the same if I wanted to. The thing is I'm an adult and not someone who pinches pennies, I have no need for extra funds.

Just like Club Nintendo, these promos are for fans, not for people to make money on. If they were meant to be profitable, these companies would be selling these items directly.

[quote name='dxgirly']hmmmm... yeah, that's all I got. I guess I'll just have to be patient and keep my fingers crossed.

Also, does we know for certain if Sleeping Dogs comes with a registration card?[/QUOTE]

PS3 and 360 Version does, Info is in the op.

[quote name='Romeo']No jealousy at all as I have the set and could do the same if I wanted to. The thing is I'm an adult and not someone who pinches pennies, I have no need for extra funds.

Just like Club Nintendo, these promos are for fans, not for people to make money on. If they were meant to be profitable, these companies would be selling these items directly.[/QUOTE]

How is reselling something considered pinching pennies? And what does being an adult have anything to do with this? You are on the site CheapAssGamer because at some point you wanted to "pinch pennies" and save on games.

You earn the Square Enix reward by registering games throughout the year. Then they announce the prize towards the end. If you decide you don't want it, you can resell it. If the items were meant to be "profitable" of course Square could sell them directly. But also, there are some fans who are interested in the collectors items after the reward year in which they may not have spent $500+ in games to earn the reward. So $200 or so for the plate could be a more worthwhile price point for them. Perhaps they are smarter for waiting it out.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']What is it with CAG and milfs anyways?[/QUOTE]

Hey, not just milfs were mentioned, milfs are just a subset of hot chicks I am will to trade my spare ultimate prizes for. You singled that out, are you sure you are not projecting yourself there, sonny boy.

Here is picture of the FFIV Art and license plate :D

2wm0281.jpg

They need to do a plaque of DISSIDIA or of a game that someone actually cares about, that would make the plaque more imppressive/worth owning/displaying/trading milfs for.

bread's done
Back