The Official Toys-R-Us Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysapathy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Nobody home here. The trolls and the juvenile drama chased me away.

I thought CAG was a supportive community, but I was wrong, apparently.

You're free to let someone else man the thread now; I understand J7 has a lot of free time on his hands and has been trying to circumvent the thread from me for a few months.

I just don't have the patience for the children anymore.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='heyheyhey11']i have the batman GC still not been used, i noticed that it has a expiration date of 31st of this month written on the front of the GC.

doesn't the GC's value carry over after the expiration date?[/QUOTE]
I have one and I don't see an expiration date on it anywhere.

Simply buy something with the promo gift card. Return it later and they will put the $$ back on a store value card.

just found snk arcade classics and pinball hall of fame for $5 each for psp...i found it behind some xbox 360 games...so mayb someone was hiding them...MY BAD!!!... :-({|=

pittsburg, ca TRU

ps........i would of kept lookin for more but i thought that was enough for today..

[quote name='prim4444']no new clearance drops for games next week. There will be a bunch of misc. accessory clearance drops though.[/QUOTE]

Like, maybe Zune accessories?

[quote name='Hockey37']Anyone have any experience with Godfather 2?[/QUOTE]

I have it in my backlog for PS3 right now, but I may end up returning it and the red Dual Shock 3 I picked up before the 45 day return period is up since I have too many titles as it stands now.

[quote name='prim4444']no new clearance drops for games next week. There will be a bunch of misc. accessory clearance drops though.[/QUOTE]

Damn, still nothing? It's been forever since we've seen a decent drop. I'm hoping they drop DQV. Nobody has it for a good price...

Thanks for the update.

On Monday, noticed another new drop:

:ps3: Lord of the Rings Conquest $19.99

Picked it up with :ps3: Godfather 2 with a $3 off $3 or more purchase birthday coupon my daughter received in the mail.

For those who may not see it, figured it's worth mentioning here:
Buy 1 get 1 50% off of ALL video games 19.99 or less
Friday late (3 pm - Midnight) to Saturday Early (7 am - 1 pm). Credit randu.

[quote name='J7.']For those who may not see it, figured it's worth mentioning here:
Buy 1 get 1 50% off of ALL video games 19.99 or less
Friday late (3 pm - Midnight) to Saturday Early (7 am - 1 pm). Credit randu.[/QUOTE]

$30 for 2 games? :lol: I just returned my copy of Godfather II I got with some of my credit to them earlier today. Had I known about this, I might've considered a clearance title and something that's $20 usually(LOTR: Conquest, for example), but since it's too late I see I didn't miss out on anything good.

At least nothing that was epic like the BB B2G1 glitch.:D

[quote name='jaysapathy']SOMETHING has to happen here. TRU clearance is dead lately. Michael Jackson dead.

Aww, what.. Too soon?[/QUOTE]

Not too soon, just lame.

In regards to games at TRU this year, I was told by management they were going to be passing on (or ordering very few of) the lesser known titles altogether, focusing on keeping more copies of big release titles in stock. So basically, your lesser known titles might only get a very small initial shipment, never to be ordered again- they won't have large numbers of those games they don't think that will sell hanging around to create a need to have lots and lots of markdowns. Unfortunately, it sounds like TRU and their bottom line is going to make for some dry non existant markdown spells for those of us looking for a deal.

[quote name='ShinAkuma']In regards to games at TRU this year, I was told by management they were going to be passing on (or ordering very few of) the lesser known titles altogether, focusing on keeping more copies of big release titles in stock. So basically, your lesser known titles might only get a very small initial shipment, never to be ordered again- they won't have large numbers of those games they don't think that will sell hanging around to create a need to have lots and lots of markdowns. Unfortunately, it sounds like TRU and their bottom line is going to make for some dry non existant markdown spells for those of us looking for a deal.[/QUOTE]

very true. last pro evolution soccer 2009 did had a presence at tru retail.

this yr, it looks like theyre not stocking that game. but tru gets a pass from me because of unbelievable amount of giftcard promotion theyre handing out

[quote name='jaysapathy']SOMETHING has to happen here. TRU clearance is dead lately. Michael Jackson dead.

This something ain't happening next week..

[quote name='ShinAkuma']In regards to games at TRU this year, I was told by management they were going to be passing on (or ordering very few of) the lesser known titles altogether, focusing on keeping more copies of big release titles in stock. So basically, your lesser known titles might only get a very small initial shipment, never to be ordered again- they won't have large numbers of those games they don't think that will sell hanging around to create a need to have lots and lots of markdowns. Unfortunately, it sounds like TRU and their bottom line is going to make for some dry non existant markdown spells for those of us looking for a deal.[/QUOTE]

I've noticed this trend has been going on at pretty much every store over the last few years hence the reason we ain't seeing anything like the $5 Circuit City clearance from 2004 or even yearly clearance sales with a decent amount of stuff all at say $10 each right about now (a few years into this gen of consoles). Besides what's mentioned here don't forget that stores need a ton of space for all of the band/hero bundles which are more important as the current trend in video games right now.

Someone's been watching Family Guy ;)

[quote name='FOnewearl']I've noticed this trend has been going on at pretty much every store over the last few years hence the reason we ain't seeing anything like the $5 Circuit City clearance from 2004 or even yearly clearance sales with a decent amount of stuff all at say $10 each right about now (a few years into this gen of consoles). Besides what's mentioned here don't forget that stores need a ton of space for all of the band/hero bundles which are more important as the current trend in video games right now.[/QUOTE]

I think that stores have been selling old stock to liquidators recently rather than having clearances. That's just my guess, though, nothing to back it up.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']I picked up :wii: Samba de Amigo for five dollars the other day.[/QUOTE]

Ha. And you're flipping it in your lowball.

im sorry, i just joined this site which is a huge help when buying games by the way. but how do you get the discount prices? I want to get Mass Effect for the 360, do I just walk into my nearest toysrus and give them the UPC or code and itll ring up as that price? i know the price is old from what ive just read, but theres a few other games on the list that id like to get. also does this method also work with all the other stores (target,sears,kmart, etc....)?

[quote name='spacegundam0079']Just picked up Destroy All Humans! : Big Willy Unleashed for the Wii For $5 ( there were like 10 + copies left )[/QUOTE]

Nice find! I have been looking for this game but no stores near me have it in stock. It looks like a pretty decnet game, and for $5 you can't beat it! I may have to got to Toy's R Us and see if they happen to have any copies now, my store tends to keep things in the back now.

[quote name='OneSickFX']im sorry, i just joined this site which is a huge help when buying games by the way. but how do you get the discount prices? I want to get Mass Effect for the 360, do I just walk into my nearest toysrus and give them the UPC or code and itll ring up as that price? i know the price is old from what ive just read, but theres a few other games on the list that id like to get. also does this method also work with all the other stores (target,sears,kmart, etc....)?[/QUOTE]

Toys R Us is pretty much universal-- if you find the game in stock, you should get the price quoted in the thread with nothing else needed (it'll ring up at this price at the register at all stores). Other stores vary. Target is an example of the totally opposite procedure-- their clearance games can be ANY price, or not discounted at all, depending on what store you're at.

[quote name='OneSickFX']Thanks alot Justin42, I appreciate it, im gonna run out now and pick it up. :D[/QUOTE]''

toysrus is not universal...depending on where u live mayb...but i was told by different managers "each manager manages there store differently"...in most cases dealing with prices...mayb...just to let u know...

I just went to my local toysrus, and asked the girl behind the counter to check the UPC code and it came up at $3.00 for mass effect. But no luck on them having the game (Dammit). I keep checking the other ones in the area.

[quote name='aleraiders']''

toysrus is not universal...depending on where u live mayb...but i was told by different managers "each manager manages there store differently"...in most cases dealing with prices...mayb...just to let u know...[/QUOTE]

About 99% of TRU price drops are universal.

The only clearance price that is not universal is stuff that ends in $xx.90. These are store level clearances and vary by store. These are also marked by a 2x2 inch orange sticker, so they are noticeable.

And always trust what prim4444 says about TRU cause he works there and is as reliable as they come.

BTW, Mass Effect is a really old drop and was at $5 for a long time so your chance are really slim. You never know though.

[quote name='Vegan']I think that stores have been selling old stock to liquidators recently rather than having clearances. That's just my guess, though, nothing to back it up.[/QUOTE]

I would guess that this happens sometimes or stock gets moved to another store or sent back to say a wherehouse to be sold online if it's just not moving at B&M. I used to see games liked Wild Arms 4 with 5-10 copies at Circuit City and know that it would be safe to wait till it was clearanced. Now it seems as if I only see 1-3 copies of some of the more know games at many stores that ain't expected to sell tons. A good example of this would be when Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles came out on PSP. I saw 2 (maybe 3) copies at the local K-Mart shortly after it came out and figured it was safe to assume that it wouldn't be around still if they ever clearanced it out.

[quote name='jdawgg76']And always trust what prim4444 says about TRU cause he works there and is as reliable as they come.

BTW, Mass Effect is a really old drop and was at $5 for a long time so your chance are really slim. You never know though.[/QUOTE]

no disrespect to jdawgg or prim4444...but the 3 toysrus in my area have all had different results...to u it might b 99%....to me its 100% every toysrus is different...i can exchange games that were different prices the week before without a problem at one and at another get the opposite result...i've bought games as presents that were 9.99 or so at one store...at one store and at the other im showing them the reciept and they think im trying to rip them off or something...

u cant say all toysrus are universal....cuz i know for a fact there not

[quote name='aleraiders']no disrespect to jdawgg or prim4444...but the 3 toysrus in my area have all had different results...to u it might b 99%....to me its 100% every toysrus is different...i can exchange games that were different prices the week before without a problem at one and at another get the opposite result...i've bought games as presents that were 9.99 or so at one store...at one store and at the other im showing them the reciept and they think im trying to rip them off or something...

u cant say all toysrus are universal....cuz i know for a fact there not[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but you're wrong. I have purchased games at literally dozens of TRU locations on both coasts and have never seen a price listed here that wasn't the same at every store I visited. Sometimes the shelf tags aren't updated, but when the item is actually scanned, these clearance prices are not YMMV.

[quote name='bojay1997']Sorry, but you're wrong. I have purchased games at literally dozens of TRU locations on both coasts and have never seen a price listed here that wasn't the same at every store I visited. Sometimes the shelf tags aren't updated, but when the item is actually scanned, these clearance prices are not YMMV.[/QUOTE]

wow...how can i b wrong if im u telling there not the same???....im just a unlucky TRU customer then...MY EXPERIENCES CANT BE WRONG!

if (according to u) theres TRU stores that are thousands of miles apart that are the same...then y r 3 toysrus stores with in my area...mayb within 30 miles or so different??????....

ive personally been threw hell trying to exchanged not just games, toys, bikes etc etc...and ur telling me im wrong???? fuck u...and ur toysrus on BOTH coasts...

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is it that people who can't spell and/or use text message shorthand always use an excessive amount of ellipses in place of all punctuation? I find it hard to believe what you're saying when I can barely make out what you're saying.

Since I decided I will be picking up MW2 tomorrow with the $20 dollar gift card, does anyone think it would be worth it if I used it on Madden 10 which is now 10 dollars off at Toysrus? Does anyone think $30 for Madden 10 is a decent price or will it be cheaper come Black Friday.

[quote name='phoenix529']Ha. And you're flipping it in your lowball.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I picked up two. One for me, one for the lowball. And I'm losing money on that one :bomb:

I like the Newbie who registered last month is sooooo sure he is right about the way TRU clearance works. I'm thinking the 6 year CAG is a little more reliable than the guy who can't type.
And in my experience, and I used to work for TRU, this stuff is universal. If it has the big red tag with the XX.90 it is that location only, and is probably a damaged in some way. I'm not saying aleraiders is lying, but his experience is not typical.http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/member.php?u=231877

[quote name='ackbar7']I like the Newbie who registered last month is sooooo sure he is right about the way TRU clearance works. I'm thinking the 6 year CAG is a little more reliable than the guy who can't type.
And in my experience, and I used to work for TRU, this stuff is universal. If it has the big red tag with the XX.90 it is that location only, and is probably a damaged in some way. I'm not saying aleraiders is lying, but his experience is not typical.[/QUOTE]

i knew someone would come out with this "oh dont listen to him he's a newbie"....congratulations u've been a member longer...my life didnt start when i joined CAG....ive been looking for deals....shopping at TRU for 15yrs...and ive had good and bad experiences...

u can listen to who ever u want...but...having signed up for CAG before i did doesnt give u more experience in finding deals...just like everyone else...we all go shopping looking for the best deals...even before CAG was even started...i know theres a newbie who just signed up who has more experience in finding deals or whatnot than any of us.....but no body listens to him cuz "hes a newbie"...i could find the best deal in the world and no one would care cuz ima newbie...please...wtf is this high school???

and im not sayin TRU isnt universal...i only know about what has happened to me.....and THERE NOT ALL THE SAME....i dont know how TRU clearance works and i never claimed to know...i read clearance prices about games from every store....and the games arent marked down as some people post...at one target games are still 19.99 while at another target there 9.99...its happened to me at walmart, bb, where ever...and yes....even TRU....TRU isnt any different from them...

im not here to stand nobody up....but when someone tells me im wrong and ive lost time and money (mostly time) with really bad experiences with "universal prices"....and everyone believes them cuz hes been a longer member than me....

yea i fucked up my last post....i was mad and in a hurry...

there are CAG members (older than 3/4 yrs who post stupid questions/comments)...but im just a newbie...what the hell do i know...

all im trying to prevent that feeling u get when a guy who sees a posted price on here and goes into a store wanting a game he's been waiting for...for years...and its not the price he saw or was told about...

its happened to me too many times

[quote name='randu']Since I decided I will be picking up MW2 tomorrow with the $20 dollar gift card, does anyone think it would be worth it if I used it on Madden 10 which is now 10 dollars off at Toysrus? Does anyone think $30 for Madden 10 is a decent price or will it be cheaper come Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

I hope Madden 10 goes down in price. It should soon, not even because of Black Friday just due to it being out for a long time.

[quote name='randu']Since I decided I will be picking up MW2 tomorrow with the $20 dollar gift card, does anyone think it would be worth it if I used it on Madden 10 which is now 10 dollars off at Toysrus? Does anyone think $30 for Madden 10 is a decent price or will it be cheaper come Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

i wouldnt..i would wait...unless ur a hardcore fan...but if u were....u would of already had it..i got madden back when that b2g1 promo...and just didnt have the heart to open it...i just ended up exchanging it for FIFA 10....

plus if u do...it would drop in price soon...and there will b better deals as christmas get closer

[quote name='MoxManiac_']wish they'd drop the price on DQ5..my TRU still has a bunch of unsold copies[/QUOTE]

Me too. I've been trying to find that game for a decent price but nobody has it and TRU still has it for the list price.

[quote name='aleraiders']all im trying to prevent that feeling u get when a guy who sees a posted price on here and goes into a store wanting a game he's been waiting for...for years...and its not the price he saw or was told about...

its happened to me too many times[/QUOTE]

Seriously, it is so hard to understand this, but here is what I figured out. You saw a price drop on here on a game that you have waited years for and TRU didn't have it at the right price. Really? I'm sort of doubting that, maybe you are just complaining because it wasn't in stock. If you had wanted the game for years, I'm sure it was cheap enough elsewhere that you could have picked it up.

As other people have stated, including the TRU employees here, the only time I have seen different prices at different TRU's is with the items ending in 0.90. Every other time the prices have been the same. Now there are also some cases where games are taken off clearance and/or raised in price (universally of course). Therefore if you bought an item at $9.98 one week and went to a different TRU store another week and the item was now $19.99 it would give the appearance of different pricing between stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back