The Official Toys-R-Us Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysapathy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Nobody home here. The trolls and the juvenile drama chased me away.

I thought CAG was a supportive community, but I was wrong, apparently.

You're free to let someone else man the thread now; I understand J7 has a lot of free time on his hands and has been trying to circumvent the thread from me for a few months.

I just don't have the patience for the children anymore.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='momouchi']Seriously, it is so hard to understand this, but here is what I figured out. You saw a price drop on here on a game that you have waited years for and TRU didn't have it at the right price. Really? I'm sort of doubting that, maybe you are just complaining because it wasn't in stock. If you had wanted the game for years, I'm sure it was cheap enough elsewhere that you could have picked it up.[/QUOTE]

wtf??...man how can people doubt actual situations that have happened to me???...this is really amazing...

managers have told me "every manager manages there store differently".....when ive tried price matching on a "clearance game" from one store to another....they couldnt do it...ive been told "we cant force another manager to change the price"...

so what the hell r u talkin about????...

[quote name='Josef']As other people have stated, including the TRU employees here, the only time I have seen different prices at different TRU's is with the items ending in 0.90. Every other time the prices have been the same. Now there are also some cases where games are taken off clearance and/or raised in price (universally of course). Therefore if you bought an item at $9.98 one week and went to a different TRU store another week and the item was now $19.99 it would give the appearance of different pricing between stores.[/QUOTE]

thank u...

[quote name='randu']Is it really worth all of your guys time to argue about something like this? =/[/QUOTE]

tell me about...to tell u the truth...its cuz im new to this site everyone jumps on the newbie...but u cant jump on my 15yrs of dealing with prices (in real life)

[quote name='aleraiders']tell me about...to tell u the truth...its cuz im new to this site everyone jumps on the newbie...but u cant jump on my 15yrs of dealing with prices (in real life)[/QUOTE]

I think it boils down to two things:

First, I know you're getting frustrated by having everyone tell you that you're wrong, but look at it from everyone else's point of view. You have thousands of people who read this thread, and probably a hundred people who actually post, and in the history of the TRU clearance thread, it's been a commonly accepted fact that with few exceptions, all TRU stores share the same clearance prices, all across the United States. Some of those exceptions have already been mentioned (clearance ending in .90, prices drop-then-increase, etc.). You saying that you're running into varying clearance prices between TRU stores is like you coming onto a board and saying, "Oh, the sky is blue where you're at? 'Cause at my house, it's green!"

Having worked at TRU for six years myself, I can confirm what prim444 stated about TRU clearances being universal. Also, I wouldn't put much stock in what those managers have told you. While it's true that each store director/manager has some limited control over specific aspects of the store (including .90 clearances, etc.), they don't have any say over whether or not their store is going to participate in company-wide clearances; they're automatic, and instated at the corporate level. Any manager who tells you otherwise is either ill-informed or lying.

Second, on many forums, that abbreviated "txt speak" typing that you're using is frowned-upon, and is likely a big reason why people aren't taking you very seriously. I think the general vibe is, "Look at this guy. He can't even be bothered to type clear, concise sentences with proper grammar. What does he know?" If you are able to type clearly, but you choose not to, people will find that mildly insulting, whether or not they come right out and say it. If people can't understand what you're trying to say half the time, you can't expect them to give you much quarter.

[quote name='allyourblood']I think it boils down to two things:

First, I know you're getting frustrated by having everyone tell you that you're wrong, but look at it from everyone else's point of view. You have thousands of people who read this thread, and probably a hundred people who actually post, and in the history of the TRU clearance thread, it's been a commonly accepted fact that with few exceptions, all TRU stores share the same clearance prices, all across the United States. Some of those exceptions have already been mentioned (clearance ending in .90, prices drop-then-increase, etc.). You saying that you're running into varying clearance prices between TRU stores is like you coming onto a board and saying, "Oh, the sky is blue where you're at? 'Cause at my house, it's green!"

Having worked at TRU for six years myself, I can confirm what prim444 stated about TRU clearances being universal. Also, I wouldn't put much stock in what those managers have told you. While it's true that each store director/manager has some limited control over specific aspects of the store (including .90 clearances, etc.), they don't have any say over whether or not their store is going to participate in company-wide clearances; they're automatic, and instated at the corporate level. Any manager who tells you otherwise is either ill-informed or lying.

Second, on many forums, that abbreviated "txt speak" typing that you're using is frowned-upon, and is likely a big reason why people aren't taking you very seriously. I think the general vibe is, "Look at this guy. He can't even be bothered to type clear, concise sentences with proper grammar. What does he know?" If you are able to type clearly, but you choose not to, people will find that mildly insulting, whether or not they come right out and say it. If people can't understand what you're trying to say half the time, you can't expect them to give you much quarter.[/QUOTE]
:applause::applause: Well put.

Second, on many forums, that abbreviated "txt speak" typing that you're using is frowned-upon, and is likely a big reason why people aren't taking you very seriously. I think the general vibe is, "Look at this guy. He can't even be bothered to type clear, concise sentences with proper grammar. What does he know?" If you are able to type clearly, but you choose not to, people will find that mildly insulting, whether or not they come right out and say it. If people can't understand what you're trying to say half the time, you can't expect them to give you much quarter.[/QUOTE]

I second this completely. Also, there are these things called "periods". They end sentences and only contain one dot, not four or five. Like this. It makes posts much easier to read when you include them.

this is getting way to much attention...u can believe me or not...all im sayin is there not all the same from personal experience...

and my mom is dead....fuck u vegan..u asshole

Prices ARE YMMV at TRU.

Disgaea 2 was ringing up full price for months after you guys reported it dropped. I went as far as having the cashier total the transaction and it was still ringing up at 49.99 when other reported it at 9.99.

[quote name='slowdive21']Prices ARE YMMV at TRU.

Disgaea 2 was ringing up full price for months after you guys reported it dropped. I went as far as having the cashier total the transaction and it was still ringing up at 49.99 when other reported it at 9.99.[/QUOTE]

slowdive bet no one will tell u ur wrong...but for some reason..i am...

i forgot im a newbie...

Disgaea 2 was ringing up full price for months after you guys reported it dropped. I went as far as having the cashier total the transaction and it was still ringing up at 49.99 when other reported it at 9.99.[/QUOTE]

The exception that proves the rule!

Disgaea 2 is a horrible example in this situation. I remember when it went on clearance the prices of most or all of the games for that drop were YMMV but were considered part of the clearance no matter what. I think on if they dropped and how much was dependent on how many were in stock or some kind of math equation related to max/current stock for that particular store. My store had 1-2 copies of Disgaea & Okami so neither of them dropped in price yet still got a 20% off bump when clearance games were 20% off.

In the last five years this is the only time I remember TRU doing clearance prices like they did that time, that was about 2 years ago I think and my store still had Disgaea 2 at $49.99 last time I was in about a month or two ago. I always check it at the price scanner just incase.

aleraiders did you take into consideration sharing any of your examples that are YMMV? Maybe if you could tell us something that is/was priced differently at TRU stores near you it could help figure out something more about your problem with clearance at TRU.

Might as well just say clearance prices are 99% universal. So does that Disgaea situation prove markdowns are ymmv on rare occassions - maybe another 99% universal?

[quote name='aleraiders']this is getting way to much attention...u can believe me or not...all im sayin is there not all the same from personal experience...

and my mom is dead....fuck u vegan..u asshole[/QUOTE]

text_me_conversation_candy_heart_gifts_and_apparel_card-p137071676788942626tra8_210.jpg

Clearance did used to be YMMV, games were on clearance at different prices. Back when they had that awesome $10 off 2 games coupon that could be used on all games, I remember some stores had Fatal Frame II for $24.98, others $39.98. Another one was Maximo Army of Zin, it was $10.98 at one TRU, $6.98 or so at another. Another game was In The Groove in 2005 I think, $9.98 at one store, $25.98 at another.

[quote name='FOnewearl']Disgaea 2 is a horrible example in this situation. I remember when it went on clearance the prices of most or all of the games for that drop were YMMV but were considered part of the clearance no matter what. I think on if they dropped and how much was dependent on how many were in stock or some kind of math equation related to max/current stock for that particular store. My store had 1-2 copies of Disgaea & Okami so neither of them dropped in price yet still got a 20% off bump when clearance games were 20% off.

In the last five years this is the only time I remember TRU doing clearance prices like they did that time, that was about 2 years ago I think and my store still had Disgaea 2 at $49.99 last time I was in about a month or two ago. I always check it at the price scanner just incase.

aleraiders did you take into consideration sharing any of your examples that are YMMV? Maybe if you could tell us something that is/was priced differently at TRU stores near you it could help figure out something more about your problem with clearance at TRU.[/QUOTE]

i dont remember the exact details of the items....i know theres clearanced bikes, toys, dvd's/movies that ive had problems with...its not just games...

a most recent game i bought was snk aracade for psp..i recently got that at my local tru...and went to a different one to see if the price was the was same (for my brother)...it wasnt...i got it for $5.XX...and when i went to the another TRU it was $9.XX...i asked if this was a clearanced game...they said yes but that was as low as it was gonna get...blah blah blah...

thats the most recent problem ive had....dont blame the "newbie" cuz the system doesnt mark it down....its not my fault...its not ur fault...take it easy guys...dam...

[quote name='aleraiders']i dont remember the exact details of the items....i know theres clearanced bikes, toys, dvd's/movies that ive had problems with...its not just games...

a most recent game i bought was snk aracade for psp..i recently got that at my local tru...and went to a different one to see if the price was the was same (for my brother)...it wasnt...i got it for $5.XX...and when i went to the another TRU it was $9.XX...i asked if this was a clearanced game...they said yes but that was as low as it was gonna get...blah blah blah...

thats the most recent problem ive had....dont blame the "newbie" cuz the system doesnt mark it down....its not my fault...its not ur fault...take it easy guys...dam...[/QUOTE]

I blame the public school system, really.

[quote name='aleraiders']
a most recent game i bought was snk aracade for psp..i recently got that at my local tru...and went to a different one to see if the price was the was same (for my brother)...it wasnt...i got it for $5.XX...and when i went to the another TRU it was $9.XX...i asked if this was a clearanced game...they said yes but that was as low as it was gonna get...blah blah blah...[/QUOTE]

Why did you not have the game scanned and watch what the price rang up for at the register assuming you do not have price checkers that you should have used at this location? Also, why do you believe what the employees and managers tell you about anything without substantial proof? I think mainly these are your problems in addition to nonclearance weekly price changes and markdowns that are stickered with a Garvey Gun price tag that end in .90 and are red/orange.

[quote name='V Gundam']Why did you not have the game scanned and watch what the price rang up for at the register assuming you do not have price checkers that you should have used at this location? Also, why do you believe what the employees and managers tell you about anything without substantial proof? I think mainly these are your problems in addition to nonclearance weekly price changes and markdowns that are stickered with a Garvey Gun price tag that end in .90 and are red/orange.[/QUOTE]

i took it to the register and they scanned it...u really think that ima drive all the way to another TRU (20 miles away) just to look at the tag on the game or shelf??????????

second...i saw the game ring up 9.xx at the register

sorry for the back to back posts....can we just let this "universal clearance" thing die

everyday someone else jumping on my back....

fuck it...TRU IS UNIVERSAL...

hahah i was wondering why there was so much activity in the TRU thread when there hasnt been any decent drops in months.

[quote name='allyourblood']
If people can't understand what you're trying to say half the time, you can't expect them to give you much quarter.[/QUOTE]

By the way, I'm pretty sure kids today don't understand the expression "give no quarter." (FYI - it comes from the old arcade days when you'd be bumming to play Blades of Steel but nobody would give you a quarter.)

[quote name='aleraiders']get the fuck off my ass[/QUOTE]

That's what SHE said, BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, anyone seen any Fire Emblem Wiis over the past few months? The Toys R Us Game Zone lady laughed when I showed her the list of clearance games I was looking for. Plenty of Puppiez and Horsez games, not so much for anything else that anyone would remotely want...

[quote name='confoosious']hahah i was wondering why there was so much activity in the TRU thread when there hasnt been any decent drops in months.

By the way, I'm pretty sure kids today don't understand the expression "give no quarter." (FYI - it comes from the old arcade days when you'd be bumming to play Blades of Steel but nobody would give you a quarter.)[/QUOTE]

I hope that's an attempt at humor...

[quote name='confoosious']hahah i was wondering why there was so much activity in the TRU thread when there hasnt been any decent drops in months.

By the way, I'm pretty sure kids today don't understand the expression "give no quarter." (FYI - it comes from the old arcade days when you'd be bumming to play Blades of Steel but nobody would give you a quarter.)[/QUOTE]

I thought it was Dragon's Lair.... hmm....

[quote name='dboy81']I hope that's an attempt at humor...[/QUOTE]

awww hey, it's my old friend dboy. Who has absolutely no sense of humor.

Still got a stick up your ass over the ECA codes?

I thought you were gonna take the high road and ignore me? Seems like someone still has their panties in a bunch! Tsk tsk. After talking about how mature you are, it seems you aren't that mature after all.

I figured some people got a chuckle out of my comment.

[quote name='confoosious']awww hey, it's my old friend dboy. Who has absolutely no sense of humor.

Still got a stick up your ass over the ECA codes?

I thought you were gonna take the high road and ignore me? Seems like someone still has their panties in a bunch! Tsk tsk. After talking about how mature you are, it seems you aren't that mature after all.

I figured some people got a chuckle out of my comment.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you got all that from my 7-word comment? Been thinking about me much?

Yeesh, this thread is all over the place. Might be time to unsubscribe or at least cut it back to one email a day. Any mods around to put an end to this?

[quote name='allyourblood']CAG: All about the love.[/QUOTE]

tell me about it...i might as well have told everyone i was stealing games than tell them TRU isnt universal....

[quote name='dboy81']Wow, you got all that from my 7-word comment? Been thinking about me much?[/QUOTE]

Come on dboy. You took a shot at me and I was just lightening the mood around here. I totally forgot about you. Clearly i'm on your mind. It's kinda neat to have an obsessive fan but it's a little creepy. Maybe you should take your meds now. I don't want to end up in your fridge.

Ok? thanks kid. Have a good one.

It's so cute how you take my thoughts, use them, then pat yourself on the back as if they were yours. Well, I'm done giving you material unless you want to pay me royalties. Take care, happy gaming, and enjoy being your unoriginal self.

[quote name='dboy81']It's so cute how you take my thoughts, use them, then pat yourself on the back as if they were yours. Well, I'm done giving you material unless you want to pay me royalties. Take care, happy gaming, and enjoy being your unoriginal self.[/QUOTE]

what the hell happend...at least we were arguing over TRU clearance prices...this is jerry springer all over again...

Please dboy, the other users don't need to know about your obsession with me. If you must continue to express your unrequited love, take it to PM will you? thanks, kid.

[quote name='aleraiders']what the hell happend...at least we were arguing over TRU clearance prices...this is jerry springer all over again...[/QUOTE]

I dunno aleraiders. I made a joke about no quarter cause it was getting way too heated in here and he swooped in to needle me like he's been watching my posts and waiting for an opportunity to pounce. We had a run in with ECA codes and apparently, it still sticks in his vag.

[quote name='aleraiders']what the hell happend...at least we were arguing over TRU clearance prices...this is jerry springer all over again...[/QUOTE]

You're absolutely right. Let's get back to business. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any new drops lately.

[quote name='allyourblood']

[/QUOTE]

Remember the buy 1 game at $19.99 or less and get the second at 50% off from a few months ago?

I was at a TRU one day and got the deal (Singstar cheap). Drove to another TRU about 15 miles away and they didn't have the deal. I asked the manager and even suggested he scan to see if it would work and he said "I am the manager, I know there's nothing like that going on here at my store."

Was he lying/stupid/being a dick... or are those type of sales YMMV?

At my store in The Woodlands Tx.....
Tomb Raider Anniversary (Xbox and PS3)
Fear 2 (Xbox and PS3)
Sega Collection (PS3)

all dropped to $19.99....and just a few days after that damn 19.99 b1g1 half off sale ended

[quote name='confoosious']Remember the buy 1 game at $19.99 or less and get the second at 50% off from a few months ago?

I was at a TRU one day and got the deal (Singstar cheap). Drove to another TRU about 15 miles away and they didn't have the deal. I asked the manager and even suggested he scan to see if it would work and he said "I am the manager, I know there's nothing like that going on here at my store."

Was he lying/stupid/being a dick... or are those type of sales YMMV?[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about this past weekend? That deal was actually only good for a few hours on Friday and Saturday only, not all day.

[quote name='Josef']Are you talking about this past weekend? That deal was actually only good for a few hours on Friday and Saturday only, not all day.[/QUOTE]

no it was a while ago. When Singstar dropped. I just didn't understand why two TRU within 15 miles of each other would not run the same discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back