The Official Toys-R-Us Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysapathy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Nobody home here. The trolls and the juvenile drama chased me away.

I thought CAG was a supportive community, but I was wrong, apparently.

You're free to let someone else man the thread now; I understand J7 has a lot of free time on his hands and has been trying to circumvent the thread from me for a few months.

I just don't have the patience for the children anymore.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to double check, but this Buy 2 Get 1 Free is only for $19.99 and under games, correct? I thought that is the way the ad read but it wasn't quite working on my computer and I couldn't see the price and stuff.

Thanks!

[quote name='J7.']Any system $19.99 or under.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that is what I thought it was, but couldn't get the magnify thing to work and thought I should double check.

Is this normal for them to offer this, or is there a chance this will be replacing the usual Buy 2 Get 1 Free in October?

Been B2G1 free for the last two or so weeks at my local TRUs for 19.99 and under.
Just can't find a second game though. (or third now that I think about it)

[quote name='bgame2']My TRU has Nicktoons Attack of the Toy...ring up as 19.98. I had it scanned. Could that be a typo in the OP?[/QUOTE]

Consider yourself fortunate. I bought this game for my son and it's maddeningly difficult considering the audience it's aimed at.

This was one of 2 games (Sonic Riders being the other) that he brought to me and asked if we could trade them in for something else.

Just picked up the Eye Of Judgment pack with PS Eye for 19.99 at a TRU in Columbia, MD. There were at least 2 more behind the counter in glass, and they were not marked at 19.99. Had the salesmen ring it up, and it was 19.99

I didn't see this in the OP but I saw the 360 messenger bag on clearance at $19.98. It's the same price on the website. If it drops lower, I'll pick one up.

[quote name='1NintendoFan']Thanks, that is what I thought it was, but couldn't get the magnify thing to work and thought I should double check.

Is this normal for them to offer this, or is there a chance this will be replacing the usual Buy 2 Get 1 Free in October?[/QUOTE]
Always good to check to make sure before going out of your way. It may or may not replace the regular B2G1F. I remember in past years there being a B2G1 on any games (or maybe it was $59.99 and lower), it was either one of those. It happened around August and then later again around October. But I've also seen these B2G1 on cheaper title deals as well. I don't think we'll know until it does/doesn't happen.

[quote name='J7.']Always good to check to make sure before going out of your way. It may or may not replace the regular B2G1F. I remember in past years there being a B2G1 on any games (or maybe it was $59.99 and lower), it was either one of those. It happened around August and then later again around October. But I've also seen these B2G1 on cheaper title deals as well. I don't think we'll know until it does/doesn't happen.[/QUOTE]

That's kind of what I figured, but, I thought it didn't hurt to ask since I haven't shopped at Toy's R Us for years until Wii Sports Resort came out and didn't really know how their sales work.

I really hope they do offer it though, I have a ton of games lined up to purchase when it starts :D

Thanks again for your help!

Stopped by TRU and saw that they were rearranging the R-Zone, putting in more glass display cabinets. Seems like all the regular priced games will now be locked up, with only the 19.99/clearance stuff out on the shelves, so now there'll be the annoying process of having to get someone to unlock the case (no doubt after struggling with the keys for five minutes).

The 360 Energizer controller charging stand is no longer clearance priced. I stopped by a store to check and see if it had dropped and I noticed that there are new ones in new packaging. Had the old one scanned and it is back up to 29.99. UPC of the new ones is the same as the old ones. I should gotten one when they had the 20% off clearance and the coupon out. Oh well. They only had new packaging ones for the PS3 and didn't have the old ones for the PS3 so I don't know if this applies for the PS3 ones as well.

Soooo.. Rumor has it there's a massive clearance drop coming soon, at least according to my source at TRU. If anyone hears even the slightest rumblings, give me a shout, and I'll have it on the list.

Regular Price drops this week:

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen(360/PS3) $39.99
Wolverine(360/PS3) $49.99

I also think Prototype down to $49.99 on 360/PS3.

[quote name='jaysapathy']Soooo.. Rumor has it there's a massive clearance drop coming soon, at least according to my source at TRU. If anyone hears even the slightest rumblings, give me a shout, and I'll have it on the list.[/QUOTE]

sweet...TRU really came through last year around this time...

They have an in-store half off markdown on certain titles, until October 10th. Sonic Chronicles and Soul Bubbles for DS are $10 each. They also had a "buy 1 get 1 half off" on a list of titles.

[quote name='Diosoth']By modding my Sega Saturn, I took potential sales out of the hands of used game stores and collectors who sell old, off-market games at insane markups. I should have thought of the greedy collectors before buying a modchip.[/QUOTE]

Nah, that still makes you a dirtbag. Congrats on your "collection", though. haha

[quote name='Diosoth']They have an in-store half off markdown on certain titles, until October 10th. Sonic Chronicles and Soul Bubbles for DS are $10 each.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if that's YMMV. I was in a TRU today and didn't see that anywhere.

[quote name='arcane93']I wonder if that's YMMV. I was in a TRU today and didn't see that anywhere.[/QUOTE]
me too did not see any sign

[quote name='arcane93']I wonder if that's YMMV. I was in a TRU today and didn't see that anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Same here too... I did, however, see two store associates seemingly preparing to do a massive rearrangment of the video games section (loads of video games in shopping carts). I was there earlier in the day and did not return to see if they had indeed put up more stuff for clearance. I did ask however, but they told me no, the clearance games are already on the shelves.

Same here. Nothing new other than what was listed in the ad

[quote name='estofan']Same here too... I did, however, see two store associates seemingly preparing to do a massive rearrangment of the video games section (loads of video games in shopping carts). I was there earlier in the day and did not return to see if they had indeed put up more stuff for clearance. I did ask however, but they told me no, the clearance games are already on the shelves.[/QUOTE]

Right now most TRU stores are going through phase change, making room for the used games and stuff. That might explain why they had the games on carts since they are probably moving things around.

[quote name='Fount']Nah, that still makes you a dirtbag. Congrats on your "collection", though. haha[/QUOTE]

You are aware I really don't give a damn, right?

On friday:
At one store:
Crisis Core 9.99 (gifting)
rogue galaxy 9.98
Disgaea free
At another:
Eye of Judgement 19.99 (gifting)
Henry Hatsworth 19.99
Hotel Dusk free

Folklore $59.99 I remember seeing, Disgaea 3 $39.99 I think.

Since when is the return period for TRU down to 45 days? I just looked at the back of the receipt for my Resistance 2 CE that I bought with $31 and change from the credit I got for about 10-11 games and I was shocked to find I didn't have the typical 90 day cushy return period like most stores. WTF!?!?!

Oh well, guess I know for sure it's going back now. I don't really want the damn game and no one has even shown even a half interest in it since it's been on my TL.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Since when is the return period for TRU down to 45 days? I just looked at the back of the receipt for my Resistance 2 CE that I bought with $31 and change from the credit I got for about 10-11 games and I was shocked to find I didn't have the typical 90 day cushy return period like most stores. WTF!?!?!

Oh well, guess I know for sure it's going back now. I don't really want the damn game and no one has even shown even a half interest in it since it's been on my TL.[/QUOTE]

Which retail stores still offer 90 day return periods? The most I have seen recently is 45 and some stores are as low as 15 days for video games.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Since when is the return period for TRU down to 45 days? I just looked at the back of the receipt for my Resistance 2 CE that I bought with $31 and change from the credit I got for about 10-11 games and I was shocked to find I didn't have the typical 90 day cushy return period like most stores. WTF!?!?!

Oh well, guess I know for sure it's going back now. I don't really want the damn game and no one has even shown even a half interest in it since it's been on my TL.[/QUOTE]

I believe electronics are 45 days everything else is 90 days.

[quote name='bojay1997']Which retail stores still offer 90 day return periods? The most I have seen recently is 45 and some stores are as low as 15 days for video games.[/QUOTE]

I am 100% sure Target is 90 days...

It's been 45 for a while. Now, YMMV but you may still be able to return it, they'll just give you a gift card. That's what happened to me when I was over the 45 days.

[quote name='bojay1997']Which retail stores still offer 90 day return periods? The most I have seen recently is 45 and some stores are as low as 15 days for video games.[/QUOTE]

You want lame? GameCrazy has a 7 day policy. I found out the hard way on the 8th day.:bomb:

Well, luckily I only bought it maybe 2 weeks ago, so I still have a bit. I've been offering it to a buddy of mine from CAG who was watching this last copy of the R2CE but was waiting for it to hit $15 before buying.

All of the other copies(and there were easily 10+ at the store I picked this one up at about a month ago and 5-7 at the other TRU round here)are long gone, so the chances of this holding out till the $15 mark is slim to nil.

Oh well, I'll return it later today just to be sure I don't get fucked out of the credit I got for my other games on a game I don't even want myself.

[quote name='soonerdoc']I am 100% sure Target is 90 days...[/QUOTE]

Except Target rarely will allow you to price adjust on clearance items, so having 90 days is pretty pointless.

It's been 45 days for game returns at TRU for years. I wouldn't worry too much if it's only been two weeks. I'd wait a few more weeks to see if the price does go down, unless you need the money for something else.

Has anyone returned a video game accessory they bought back to TRU, like a guitar controller? Does it have to be unopened to get a refund as long as it is in the 45 day return period? There is nothing wrong with it. I just have my eye on a guitar controller on clearance at one of my local Targets. I only need and want one. I thought I could use the refund money to help pay for the new one.

[quote name='J7.']It's been 45 days for game returns at TRU for years. I wouldn't worry too much if it's only been two weeks. I'd wait a few more weeks to see if the price does go down, unless you need the money for something else.[/QUOTE]

It's actually credit from the games I traded to them about 3-4 weeks ago, but I know I could use the credit elsewhere and enjoy it more. :D

At the Lenexa, KS TRU today I saw this bizarre deal posted which I imagine is elsewhere in this thread and assume is ymmv:

Buy the Guitar Hero 5 guitar bundle for Wii, get the Guitar Hero World Tour guitar bundle for free

Or at least I thought it was strange. They also had a gazillion copies of some 5 pack of PS2 games which included the Bratz game and an army of Tony Hawk Project 8 (PS3) for $9.99.

[quote name='ricoraney']Add Eye of Judgement to this list/ $19.99[/QUOTE]
I think this has been covered. EOJ is not clearance, the price is 19.99. If it ends .99 it is not clearance and so it does not get listed in this thread.

[quote name='handsomepete']
Buy the Guitar Hero 5 guitar bundle for Wii, get the Guitar Hero World Tour guitar bundle for free
.[/QUOTE]

Was part of this week's TRU ad.

[quote name='jaysapathy']Soooo.. Rumor has it there's a massive clearance drop coming soon, at least according to my source at TRU. If anyone hears even the slightest rumblings, give me a shout, and I'll have it on the list.[/QUOTE]

no new clearance to update for the week of 10/11

For those who actually collect WWE action figures, my local TRU had the "Unmatched Fury" Bobby Lashley in a big honkin' package up on the front desk marked $1.50. This is YMMV, as always.

Their website also has the same action figure listed for $6.98 on clearance on the site.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']For those who actually collect WWE action figures, my local TRU had the "Unmatched Fury" Bobby Lashley in a big honkin' package up on the front desk marked $1.50. This is YMMV, as always.

Their website also has the same action figure listed for $6.98 on clearance on the site.[/QUOTE]

A lot of the wrestling figures actually went on clearance the past 2 weeks. The majority of the figures at my store never get the right markdown since the wrestling aisle at my store is a clusterfuck. No rhyme or reason to its layout, as long as its out and not in the back.

Just an FYI for those wrestling fans. All $9.99 single figures will be on sale next week, 2 for $12.99.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back