The OTT Doesn't Need To Be Numbered!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, out of curiosity, when exactly did this all turn into a "us vs. them" thing?

I know there's no love lost between either thread, but was there something that happened in years past that caused it?

Or do they just all fail that terribly?

[quote name='marten']So, out of curiosity, when exactly did this all turn into a "us vs. them" thing?

I know there's no love lost between either thread, but was there something that happened in years past that caused it?

Or do they just all fail that terribly?[/QUOTE]

First rational thing you've said in months.

And, I love fighting against the GGT. It's like holding a second-grader by the top of the head while he swings his arms at you, but they're too small to even reach.

[quote name='Moxio']First rational thing you've said in months.

And, I love fighting against the GGT. It's like holding a second-grader by the top of the head while he swings his arms at you, but they're too small to even reach.[/quote]

Your shield is crooked.

And there's an air bubble. :cool:

[quote name='Moxio']:gives Marten a noogie:[/quote]

You were always odd man out when they picked for kickball, weren't you.

On the flip side, will this:

CAG Lifestyle & Off Topic - Talk about anything you like, as long as it's not video game related.

Be enforced here now?

Or are we still :cool: like with the naked lady pictures?

If you'd like, sure.

Personally, I'd like to know why the GGT was allowed to exist in the first place, since it was deleted twice for being an OTT clone and only one OTT is allowed at a time. Then Chacrana kept complaining and making new ones and they let it go. Should've just deleted the damn thing again.

[quote name='seanr1221']Yea I'm off work in an hour and the beta download should be finished.[/QUOTE]
Ah, beta? I can do that too, but I suck at the beta. :[

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Anyone have an extra COD beta code?[/quote]

I might...

I let my brother have first crack, but he played COD4 like twice, so I don't think he'll take it.

But you won't get it until later tonight, as I work late...

:lol: at someone accusing the OTT of sucking mods' dicks when the members of the OTT have likely collectively done more arguing with the moderation staff than the rest of the site combined lately.

I'd like to think I played a part in this by riling up LinkinPrime when I pointed out that they were referring to him as a Nazi. :cool:

[quote name='distgfx']So like... what's with the hate for the GGT anyway? Did someone piss off someone else or what?[/quote]

Yeah, I'm wondering this too. I've only been here for a year. Did something happen a long time ago?

[quote name='distgfx']So like... what's with the hate for the GGT anyway? Did someone piss off someone else or what?[/quote]

Who says there's hate...I didn't shut it down, just put all of you guys on one thread instead of 4...what's the difference?

Linkin caused a revolution! :whee:

Linkin, were you inspiring by watching me play a hardcore game of CoD a few months ago?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Who says there's hate...I didn't shut it down, just put all of you guys on one thread instead of 4...what's the difference?[/quote]

I meant from the OTT in general.

The city of Shelbyville was founded by Shelbyville Manhattan in 1796, who held the belief that people should be allowed to marry their cousins, due to the fact "they're so attractive"; a practice disallowed by fellow explorer and founder of Springfield, Jebediah Springfield. As a result of this disagreement, the two founders and their party split into separate groups, and went their own ways; since that time, the populaces of Springfield and Shelbyville have held a strong rivalry. This feud was demonstrated in the episode “Lemon of Troy” when a group of Shelbyville kids stole the Springfield lemon tree and the Springfield children enter Shelbyville in search of the tree, using guerrilla tactics. This episode is the only episode which shows Shelbyville in detail; including yellow fire hydrants, which causes bully, Nelson Muntz, to chime, "This place is starting to freak me out." Shelbyville is also the home to lemon-shaped rocks, an impound yard and bizzaro Milhouse. The true calling card of a kid from Shelbyville is a candy wrapper. As noted by the real Milhouse, "They're always eating candy in Shelbyville; they love the sweet taste.", unlike the people of Springfield, who enjoy eating lemons (being the sweetest fruit available at the time of the founding of Springfield, according to Grandpa Simpson).

The rivalry is apparently well-known even among outsiders; in Marge vs. the Monorail, a slick-talking salesman convinces the residents of Springfield to spend a large sum of money on a monorail system they don't need by musing that the idea might be better suited for Shelbyville. (Mayor Quimby quickly tells him that the Springfieldians are twice as smart as the people of Shelbyville, so if he'll just tell them his idea, they'll vote for it.)

[quote name='DarthPuma']Yeah, I'm wondering this too. I've only been here for a year. Did something happen a long time ago?[/QUOTE]

Heh, a long time ago? You've probably been a member of CAG longer than the GGT has been in existence.

It was originally called the Gaming OTT (which makes it even more ironic that everyone there seems to hate the OTT) and was deleted in its first two incarnations for being an OTT clone when only one OTT is allowed. Then Chacrana complained, moved it to the General Gaming subforum, and it was eventually let go.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Who says there's hate...I didn't shut it down, just put all of you guys on one thread instead of 4...what's the difference?[/quote]

Like mox coming in and being all high and mighty asshole ish, don't understand that.

And it did get closed down. and like 4 more were made. And closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back