The PS3 Online Availability Thread

icruise

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
I think there are a fair number of people who are interested in getting a heads-up when the PS3 is available for order online, but if a new thread is created for each deal it clutters up the forum and also these deals tend to end so quickly that the threads end up in the Deal Graveyard almost immediately, which can make discussion difficult. So if the mods don't mind, I thought it would make sense to have one thread where these things can be posted. It's possible that this would be more appropriate in the PS3 forum, but in the past these deals have been posted here, since it's largely people who already have PS3s that visit the PS3 forum.

I'll start it off with this deal on Walmart.com which is still available as I write this:

(click "PS3 Hardware" link on the left)
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5303666&fromPageCatId=413799&catNavId=413799

20GB PS3
PS2 Memory Card Adapter
2 extra SIXAXIS controllers
Your choice of 10 games
Your choice of 2 blu-ray movies
Price: Starts at $1,251.28 (depending on what you choose, apparently)

This is a pretty egregious bundle, but a lot of people on the PS3 forum at Amazon.com have said that they've had luck just returning what they don't want to a Walmart store, or even calling Walmart.com and canceling what they don't want, so it may not be as bad as it looks.

I'm selling mine at cost...and not on eBay yet. I'll put it up there on Monday night, but first I'm checking my usual forums to see if anyone is interested. It's the 60GB system with Resistance....$715.

PM me if you are interested.

[quote name='Psykoboy2']I'm selling mine at cost...and not on eBay yet. I'll put it up there on Monday night, but first I'm checking my usual forums to see if anyone is interested. It's the 60GB system with Resistance....$715.

PM me if you are interested.[/quote]

That is actually a great deal considering tax and all...

[quote name='abhinav']Well i know this is off topic aswell but the site iTracker works! iTracker said that my local target got PS3's in last night so first thing in the morning i sent my dad (wake up that early? hell no!) and he was easily able to grab a 60GB! Hooray iTracker! Hooray CAG! Hooray Beer, erm PS3![/QUOTE]

Tried to register and it takes forever to receive the confirmation email. I want a PS3!

[quote name='OGHowie']Tried to register and it takes forever to receive the confirmation email. I want a PS3![/quote]

hehehe yeah i had the same problem, it takes around 5 mins but it should arrive.

[quote name='abhinav']Well i know this is off topic aswell but the site iTracker works! iTracker said that my local target got PS3's in last night so first thing in the morning i sent my dad (wake up that early? hell no!) and he was easily able to grab a 60GB! Hooray iTracker! Hooray CAG! Hooray Beer, erm PS3![/quote]

That page doesn't work for me at all. I've tried it using Firefox and IE and all I get is an error page. :whistle2:k

[quote name='valleyvampiress']That is a different website. The link didn't work for me either. I just typed in www.itrackr.com[/quote]

Forgot to take the "e" out of there when I typed it up.

Even though I just bought a 20GB model, I ordered a 60GB. I got 10% off on the 60GB for some reason!

Probably will get canceled though.

Thanks you for the info and thank you for such a genuis idea of a forum....

I'm gonna have a ps3 Christmas afterall.....Thank You! :applause:

[quote name='dweekie']It declines every credit card i throw at it. Oh well, hopefully my credit isnt the problem.....[/quote] It let me put in my Visa and accepted the order... well at least until it gets cancelled on Monday. :)

And it gave me 10% off. :)

[quote name='icruise']Even though I just bought a 20GB model, I ordered a 60GB. I got 10% off on the 60GB for some reason!

Probably will get canceled though.[/quote]

yeah, wtf, they only charged me $540 for the 60gb, $581 after CA sales tax. :whistle2:k

[quote name='ROD28']Thanks you for the info and thank you for such a genuis idea of a forum....

I'm gonna have a ps3 Christmas afterall.....Thank You! :applause:[/QUOTE]

Don't get your hopes up. Slickdeals had this way before it was posted here and there were people there putting in orders for a ton (saw an order for 8 and one guy tried 99) so I would expect a sorry email shortly if you didn't get in quick.

[quote name='lostgames']Don't get your hopes up. Slickdeals had this way before it was posted here and there were people there putting in orders for a ton (saw an order for 8 and one guy tried 99) so I would expect a sorry email shortly if you didn't get in quick.[/quote]
Have those idiots seen the ebay prices for these lately? I think some of those guys are just compulsive obsessive hoarders.

Something tells me that no one is really going to spend $60,000+ to buy 99 PS3s, but who knows? You'd have to have a hell of a credit limit.

Edit: Don't know if they changed this recently or what, but they currently limit you to just 1.

ORDER TOTAL
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

Merchandise Total:
spacer.gif
$539.99
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

Shipping Total:
spacer.gif
$0.00
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

Sales Tax:
spacer.gif
$32.40
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

Order Total:
spacer.gif
$572.39

What's with the $60 coupon it gave me?

[quote name='lawdood']I see CAG member sarausagi is over on SD trying to buy more PS3's. :roll:[/quote]

And your point is??? are you being a tattletale? :D

[quote name='tinypoem']And your point is??? are you being a tattletale? :D[/quote]

go back a page or two in this thread idiot.

Good to see that so many got in on the kmart thing but if you couldnt (or it gets canned, who knows) i still advise iTracker (without paying for it.) I just found out that a second Target in my area got a shipment in lastnight so their is still time for all of you who want to nab this B&M.
www.itrackr.com/ (hope the damn link works this time)

PS: the first 500k PS3's will have the bonus Bluray movie so only 90k or so left!

I'm expecting a cancel e-mail from K-Mart on Monday. The deal was up for 4-5 hours AND everyone that jumped on it used a 10% off coupon code. K-Mart would lose a ton of money if they actually honored those sales, since they don't even make $60 profit on a PS3. That is, if they actually had the 10,000 PS3s needed to honor 5 hours worth of orders.

Still, you have to wonder how many people actually got orders in. It may not be as many as you think. The PS3 fever seems to have died down a fair amount and I think most of the trackers and so forth were not really watching Kmart (kind of like the Barnes & Noble bundle). But I do agree that it's fairly likely that they'll get canceled, if only because of the 10% discount. That's just crazy.

[quote name='lawdood']Well see this site is called CHEAPASSGAMER because most of us like buying and playing good games for inexpensive prices. It's not so people like you can use the info you glean from the site to make a living selling games and consoles you bought cheaply or at cost for exorbiant prices. I'm sure most of the people here have sold on ebay at one time or another but for those that seem to make a living out of screwing their fellow gamer out of videogames and consoles by hoarding product and then flipping it for well above cost prices on ebay on a regular basis...well you can just suck a d and jump off the nearest high bridge.[/quote]
:applause:

[quote name='lawdood']I see CAG member sarausagi is over on SD trying to buy more PS3's. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Um, yes, I am, and your point?

I have an unopened 20GB

I would much rather have a 60 GB.

But if you saw my posts, then you were on SD too.

[quote name='lawdood']go back a page or two in this thread idiot.[/quote]

Yikes! No need for name calling. Wait...I called you a tattletale first so I guess you can. So in the spirit of the same level of maturity you exhibit in your posts "I know you are but what am I?":booty:

I read the thread but I still have to say so what? You got one ( and I still dont have one) so why do you care so much and why the need to broadcast what others are doing on other boards here like ane elementary school boy. Ebayers and hoarders here are a reality so just get over it. Be happy you got one. Tattling on them isnt going to make them stop nor is it going to make them not come here and look for deals. Dont act all high and mighty with a holier than thou attitude because you dont happen to be an ebayer. Face reality that tons of CAGers here are also ebayers ((probably more are then arent - except me) and just move along you big baby.

Will They refund my money right away if they cancel my order? or am I gonna have to wait days? Its already in process in my bank account. If it take days, Im gonna just cancel now.

Morning -
itrackr will not send the confirmation e-mail to allow me to see which Target has PS3s this morning (3 Targets near) Would someone please type in 80027 and let me know?
Thanks!
[email protected]

My Kmart online order status now says "backordered" which, according to the people on the Amazon PS3 forum, means that I should be expecting a cancellation email shortly. Oh well. In a way, I'm glad because otherwise I would have felt really dumb having bought a 20GB model in a bundle. Sucks for other people though. I hope some people got in.

[quote name='tinypoem']Yikes! No need for name calling. Wait...I called you a tattletale first so I guess you can. So in the spirit of the same level of maturity you exhibit in your posts "I know you are but what am I?":booty:

I read the thread but I still have to say so what? You got one ( and I still dont have one) so why do you care so much and why the need to broadcast what others are doing on other boards here like ane elementary school boy. Ebayers and hoarders here are a reality so just get over it. Be happy you got one. Tattling on them isnt going to make them stop nor is it going to make them not come here and look for deals. Dont act all high and mighty with a holier than thou attitude because you dont happen to be an ebayer. Face reality that tons of CAGers here are also ebayers ((probably more are then arent - except me) and just move along you big baby.[/quote]

1. I don't have a PS3
2. I was making a statement seeing one of the resident scalpers here trying to get more PS3's after it appears he's already flipped some on ebay while people who would like to actually OWN one, still trying to find one
3. I don't like scalpers and hoarders...sue me
4. Who the hell uses the word "tattletale"? What are you...like 10?

[quote name='icruise']My Kmart online order status now says "backordered" which, according to the people on the Amazon PS3 forum, means that I should be expecting a cancellation email shortly. Oh well. In a way, I'm glad because otherwise I would have felt really dumb having bought a 20GB model in a bundle. Sucks for other people though. I hope some people got in.[/quote]

Yeah mine says backordered too...but with an expected shipping date of today. I'm guessing it will be cancelled shortly.

This iTrackr thing sucks balls. I went to two gamestops that said they had them and they told me that they didn't have them and that the inventory is still online for 72 hours, but that doesn't make sense to me as the Itrackr just said it was in stock for the night before. Either Itrackr sucks or gamestop employees are thieving bastards. I suspect both. Also, Bestbuy online inventory sucks as well. And if I have to count everytime I asked a bestbuy/circuit city/ gamestop employee if they had the items in stock and they said no, I'd be a millionaire. It's like little public humiilations that adds up. So screw sony and nintendo.

[quote name='lawdood']1. I don't have a PS3
2. I was making a statement seeing one of the resident scalpers here trying to get more PS3's after it appears he's already flipped some on ebay while people who would like to actually OWN one, still trying to find one
3. I don't like scalpers and hoarders...sue me
4. Who the hell uses the word "tattletale"? What are you...like 10?[/quote]

um no. im 12. And you must be too based on the immaturity of your posts. Like I said before. We all hate hoarders and scalpers but do you think that ratting them out here is is going to stop them? The love the atttention so stop acting like my kid brother with the complaining. It only makes you look bad. We all know they suck but stop beating a dead horse. Like I said before. They arent going away and you arent making them miserable with your "mommy mommy guess what that guy did, Im going to tell on you" posts.

[quote name='tinypoem']um no. im 12. And you must be too based on the immaturity of your posts. Like I said before. We all hate hoarders and scalpers but do you think that ratting them out here is is going to stop them? The love the atttention so stop acting like my kid brother with the complaining. It only makes you look bad. We all know they suck but stop beating a dead horse. Like I said before. They arent going away and you arent making them miserable with your "mommy mommy guess what that guy did, Im going to tell on you" posts.[/quote]

12? :lol: I'll get back to debating you when you grow some pubes son.

[quote name='sparklecopy']This iTrackr thing sucks balls. I went to two gamestops that said they had them and they told me that they didn't have them and that the inventory is still online for 72 hours, but that doesn't make sense to me as the Itrackr just said it was in stock for the night before. Either Itrackr sucks or gamestop employees are thieving bastards. I suspect both. Also, Bestbuy online inventory sucks as well. And if I have to count everytime I asked a bestbuy/circuit city/ gamestop employee if they had the items in stock and they said no, I'd be a millionaire. It's like little public humiilations that adds up. So screw sony and nintendo.[/quote]

Use a bit of common sense, do you think a store would have PS3's in stock for 3 days? Some of these stores are just too lazy to update their stock and it says in stock for them. The program is not perfect but it is free and it does work, especially well for Target and Eb Games.

About the Kmart orders, it seems that Kmart did have a stock in but they just kept on accepting orders. If your order is backordered now that means it will be canceled. If not you might get a call soon confirming your order.

[quote name='lawdood']Yeah mine says backordered too...but with an expected shipping date of today. I'm guessing it will be cancelled shortly.[/QUOTE]

Mine was cancelled too, what's the beef with me if you ordered one too?

How do we know you're not a...SCALPER?!?!?! oooooh

This email kind of annoys me:

THANKS FOR SHOPPING AT WWW.KMART.COM!

As you requested, we have canceled your order, and your credit card hasn't been charged. Would you mind taking a moment to tell us why you canceled?
http://kmart.com/custserv/contact_us.jsp

We appreciate your business and want to know if you're not happy in any way. We also hope you'll shop with us again.

They're acting like I requested that the order be canceled and they'd like to know why.

[quote name='lawdood']12? :lol: I'll get back to debating you when you grow some pubes son.[/quote]

Lol ooh you got me! Theres nothing to debate since everything I said was factual. Sorry the truth hurts. Funny how you never address what my posts say and all you can do is make personal attacks. Who is the more mature one here? I guess at your age you are incapable of addressing a logical argument. Youd rather resort to name calling as a defense. It sure makes you look mature and it sure doesnt change the fact that you whine more than my kid brother and sister combined. How sad that you have stoop down to name calling with a 12 year old. LOL!

On another note we finally got a PS3 at target in Eugene today!! Last one apparently YAY!!!!!

*Very late update: Oh and I cant wait to read your very clever (and probably even more immature) reply to this! ( I bet its another personal attack that addresses none of the points I made. You should run for congress)

lol i was @ circuit city yesterday and saw a PS3 sitting on the floor behind the customer service spot. guess no1 wanted it.

That's the same exact bundle that Barnes & Noble was offering, at the same exact price (although it was supplied through Gamestop). I wonder if this is actually a Gamestop bundle as well.

That iTrakr site really stinks IMO. You have to register for it (and Firefox says it's certificate can't be verified). And it only shows two stores, neither of which I've ever been to. It's radius I guess around your Zip code is really small and arbitrary. I'm going to try to unregister for it.

Gamestop/EB have bundles in stock again for the Playstation 3 and Wii, but they're ripoffs IMO.

bread's done
Back