The Road to Wrestlemania Begins Now! Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was so into the Rumble until Cena hit. Unlike a lot of people I actually liked the New Nexus just destroying people. I knew it wouldn't last forever, but damn it I didn't want it to be Super Cena be the one to break it up. I was completely out of the match until Diesel came out. I marked out like a motherfucker. So glad I was able to avoid spoilers. I think Diesel probably got the biggest pop of the night. Seriously, in this era did anyone expect to have Diesel chants in a WWE event?

I screencapped it, just for you guys.

wmsign.jpg

Best Rumble that I can remember. It hit a low point once Nash got eliminated (I wanted to see him jackknife the living fuck out of Mysterio), but the Cena elimination totally made up for it.

[quote name='Spyder187']King had the line of the night..

"Can I press 1 for English?"[/QUOTE]

King had a couple of good ones tonight. Calling Cole a septic tank made me laugh out loud.

[quote name='LoveLost']Should have been Santino.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Could have made for an entertaining storyline heading to the Elimination Chamber garbage where he'd lose his spot at that PPV or something.

Awesome rumble, was worth the price and then some for the marking out alone in the household. Booker, Kev, and Hornswaggle along with Santino sealed it.

I loved how the Crowd was soooo excited and chanting DIESEL, DIeSEL, DIESEL. i hate how they didnt even let him eliminate one person. Oh well i did enjoy it.

[quote name='HydroX']I agree. Could have made for an entertaining storyline heading to the Elimination Chamber garbage where he'd lose his spot at that PPV or something.[/QUOTE]
Really? Santino winning the Rumble would have been a complete waste of the entire match. Don't get me wrong I enjoy Santino, but he will never win a major title or ever be taken seriously. He is there to be funny and go down in history for things like being the quickest elimination in Rumble history.

[quote name='JP']I was so into the Rumble until Cena hit. Unlike a lot of people I actually liked the New Nexus just destroying people. I knew it wouldn't last forever, but damn it I didn't want it to be Super Cena be the one to break it up. I was completely out of the match until Diesel came out. I marked out like a motherfucker. So glad I was able to avoid spoilers. I think Diesel probably got the biggest pop of the night. Seriously, in this era did anyone expect to have Diesel chants in a WWE event?[/QUOTE]

The New Nexus thing got boring after a while. For the life of me, I don't understand how the writer's think that Super Cena is a good idea. I would think that it would be more interesting for him to get beaten down but survive the New Nexus until a couple of other guys got in to help him eliminate the group.

So Diesel and Big Show kind of had a stare down when show was coming out. If Booker T is sticking around then maybe both of them are.

[quote name='Sigma']Really? Santino winning the Rumble would have been a complete waste of the entire match. Don't get me wrong I enjoy Santino, but he will never win a major title or ever be taken seriously. He is there to be funny and go down in history for things like being the quickest elimination in Rumble history.[/QUOTE]

No shit, Sherlock. It'd be something different, which is why it'd be entertaining. Kind of like how Santino debuted back in the day, it was totally off the wall and made for an interesting storyline.

[quote name='Habbler']So Diesel and Big Show kind of had a stare down when show was coming out. If Booker T is sticking around then maybe both of them are.[/QUOTE]

Don't think Booker T is going to be staying. Only person I could imagine him having something with would be lobster head and they didn't even come in contact. Sad. Wish he'd stay

I LOVED this Rumble. Say what you want about Cena destroying Nexus, but it was obviously going to happen, so it really didn't kill it for me that much. I really wanted Barrett to come out when it was just Punk and Cena but that didn't happen sadly.

[quote name='Astinus Majere']Did anyone see who eliminated Alex Riley?[/QUOTE]

He kind of fell off the top of the corner when he was being held up there by Cena and Kofi. I think it was an accident because it wasn't mentioned until way later after Miz said look at Riley, hes doing it the smart way, and after he sort of fell off both Cena and Kofi had this "oh shit....." look on thier faces.

Now, the bigger question that can be asked openly now that Booker and Nash have been seen in the rumble: What does this do to the new faction that is supposed to arrive on Thurs night? It was a huge speculation that it was going to be a Main Event Mafia reformation, but you just lost 2 of the main players. Granted I guess they prolly do still have Sting but other than that, what is there?

Also, is this weeks Impact Live or taped? I know they have been pushing it hard because this week is sweeps week so they are wanting to get high ratings. Thats why they are having the Kennedy/Hardy title rematch on regular tv and revealing this new group as well. One would think that they would do it live to avoid spoilers and viewership loss, but then again this is TNA.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: That whole Santino bit was one of the best things I've seen in WWE in years. That was so hilarious. His reactions were priceless, especially the face he was making before he hit the Cobra. :rofl:

[quote name='HydroX']No shit, Sherlock. It'd be something different, which is why it'd be entertaining. Kind of like how Santino debuted back in the day, it was totally off the wall and made for an interesting storyline.[/QUOTE]
Whoa, don't get so offended Hydro. We all have our opinions and I just happen to think Santino winning the Rumble would be completely stupid and you think it would be "entertaining." Just a mater of opinion, that's all. No need to get your panties in a bunch over it.

Del Rio was the best man to put over in the Rumble as he is the most complete new comer in the WWE. He isn't the youngest guy, but he can wrestle, has more charisma than half the roster, and he is golden as a heel. Alberto Del Rio looks and carries himself like a champion, which in the WWE is the biggest attribute you can have.

[quote name='Spyder187']
Now, the bigger question that can be asked openly now that Booker and Nash have been seen in the rumble: What does this do to the new faction that is supposed to arrive on Thurs night? It was a huge speculation that it was going to be a Main Event Mafia reformation, but you just lost 2 of the main players. Granted I guess they prolly do still have Sting but other than that, what is there?

Also, is this weeks Impact Live or taped? I know they have been pushing it hard because this week is sweeps week so they are wanting to get high ratings. Thats why they are having the Kennedy/Hardy title rematch on regular tv and revealing this new group as well. One would think that they would do it live to avoid spoilers and viewership loss, but then again this is TNA.[/QUOTE]
Impact is being taped this week, I believe on Tuesday in Flair Country.

TNA will likely still reform the Main Event Mafia and toss in two randoms to replace Nash and Booker, but sadly TNA won't really know what they are doing with this angle until the cameras start rolling and they begin to piece everything together.

[quote name='Spyder187']
[/QUOTE]

I guess they could just go with Sting/Steiner/Angle for the MEM

[quote name='HydroX']No shit, Sherlock. It'd be something different, which is why it'd be entertaining. Kind of like how Santino debuted back in the day, it was totally off the wall and made for an interesting storyline.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I sort of agree. I know it goes against EVERYTHING WWE does with the Rumble, but just once I'd like to see them go with a random feel-good winner - tonight would have been perfect with Santino. Obviously he'd lose his shot at the next PPV, and I know some people hate when they mess with the Rumble title shot stipulation like that. But just this one time, I think it would have been a fine course of action.

Not that I mind Del Rio winning.

finish was retarded as hell but oh well wwe has been predictable for years now but i didnt think it was this bad

[quote name='guyver2077']best rumble winner in ages!!! finally someone that no one thought would win[/QUOTE]

really hope your jk

[quote name='Chronis']I LOVED this Rumble. Say what you want about Cena destroying Nexus, but it was obviously going to happen, so it really didn't kill it for me that much. I really wanted Barrett to come out when it was just Punk and Cena but that didn't happen sadly.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more. It was a fun match to watch and I had a good time with friends watching it making predictions about who we thought would be out next. It was amazing to see how much younger some hair dye made Nash look.

[quote name='Sigma']Whoa, don't get so offended Hydro. We all have our opinions and I just happen to think Santino winning the Rumble would be completely stupid and you think it would be "entertaining." Just a mater of opinion, that's all. No need to get your panties in a bunch over it.[/QUOTE]

I'm not offended at the fact that you think it's stupid. Everyone has their opinions, and I respect yours. The way you came off [towards me] was very condescending as if you were speaking to some hillbilly who figured "IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT!". That's what got my silky underoos all wadded up. ;)

[quote name='Sigma']Del Rio was the best man to put over in the Rumble as he is the most complete new comer in the WWE. He isn't the youngest guy, but he can wrestle, has more charisma than half the roster, and he is golden as a heel. Alberto Del Rio looks and carries himself like a champion, which in the WWE is the biggest attribute you can have.[/QUOTE]

I do agree with this, but now I wonder who he goes on to face. Edge? Yawn. Something's gotta give in the Elimination Chamber, 'cause I really don't see that match being very good as a WM headliner.

[quote name='steve nash']Del rio vs miz is a good way to turn him face[/QUOTE]

So long as they don't go the other direction and turn Miz face...

I Doubt it'll be Alberto Del Rio vs. Miz. If anything I can easily see Miz vs. Cena vs. Orton happening since groundwork seems laid for that.

Overall my consensus of the Rumble is same as everyone else's, fuck John Cena and goddamn Hornswaggle. I've never wanted as much physical pain to happen to someone as much as I did to the two of them for wasting my time with both of them in the ring.

If I had to guess now I wouldn't say that they are going to do a triple threat, more like a Fatal Fourway with Cena/Punk/Orton/Miz.

Probably have to throw Punk in there too since he helped Miz win his title match.

So as for Kong..there was a rumor about a month or so ago that Nexus might add a female. Eve makes an easy target.

I Can honestly imagine them dragging Punk along with Nexus versus Wade and the Corre through two pay per views somehow, someway. Simply because no one gives a shit about the other members of those respective groups outside the one who holds the mic the most.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bardockkun']I Can honestly imagine them dragging Punk along with Nexus and Wade versus the Corre through two pay per views somehow, someway. Simply because no one gives a shit about the other members of those respective groups outside the one who holds the mic the most.[/QUOTE]

Justin Gabriel garners Evan Bourne-esque interest from the crowd, but because he's a heel, nobody generally cares.

Speaking of which, is Bourne ever going to return? Or is he getting his pink slip during spring cleaning?

[quote name='Purple Flames']If the thread keeps going on like this we'll need to start a new one by the time RAW starts tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I like it. Keep the discussion going, people.

[quote name='LoveLost']Any guesses for tomorrows RAW?[/QUOTE]

Del Rio will show up. Orton will be pissed. Miz will celebrate. Cena will get beat down by New Nexus again. Cole will annoy us. And there will be some kind of ad for Knucklehead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back