The Simpsons Movie

buffdrew84

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
I'm suprised there aren't more topics about the simpsons movie seeing how it comes out this month. Anybody else as excited for it as I am?

im not. id have been more excited maybe 6 or 8 years ago as is the show is draggin ass like a dog with only 2 front legs . they have some funny bits in their episodes every once in a while but the majority of the episodes of late are stale. now make a King of the Hill movie and youve got me excited that show is consistently funny and its diff from most toons.

but they seriously waited too long to do a simpsons movie im sure it will do well and all but not as well as it could have years ago which leads me to believe they see the finish line in the distance for the show which is why theyre doing this movie now.

yeah, I'm not nearly as excited as I would have been. seems like most people feel that way. The trailers make it look kinda dumb too.

hate to say it, but I would be more excited about a Family Guy full length, uncensored movie ala South Park.

[quote name='Apossum']hate to say it, but I would be more excited about a Family Guy full length, uncensored movie ala South Park.[/QUOTE]
I can't stand 22 minutes of shoehorned popular culture references... let alone two hours.

[quote name='Brak']I can't stand 22 minutes of shoehorned popular culture references... let alone two hours.[/QUOTE]

I know Family Guy is cheap in that "if you take a hundred shots, a couple are bound to hit" kinda way, but I would take that over 2 hours of sight gags involving Homer, which is all these trailers seem to be showing.

No, it's been years since The Simpson were good and the fact Bill Oakley and Josh Weinstein aren't involved means that there is a 99.9% chance this will be total shit.

I'm way more excited for the Futurama straight-to-dvd movie.

[quote name='Sporadic']
I'm way more excited for the Futurama straight-to-dvd movie.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. and the new season as well. :)

[quote name='Apossum']I know Family Guy is cheap in that "if you take a hundred shots, a couple are bound to hit" kinda way, but I would take that over 2 hours of sight gags involving Homer, which is all these trailers seem to be showing.[/QUOTE]
True. Although I'd just rather be dead than see either.

[quote name='lokizz']now make a King of the Hill movie and youve got me excited that show is consistently funny and its diff from most toons.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? I mean that show isnt as bad as it was the first 3 or 4 seasons but I would never consider it is consistently funny. Its just bearable enough to watch while waiting for the Simpsons.

I am not all that excited for the Simpsons Movie now, this is something that should have come out 5 or 10 years ago. It will be interesting to see though, especially if the premier is near me. Speaking of which dont forget to vote for MA @ www.thesimpsons.usatoday.com

I cant believe how bad some of those are, I thought Floridas entry would have been decent, it doesnt even have sound. And Nebraskas? Well remind me never to go there in my travels.

[quote name='Apossum']Agreed. and the new season as well. :)[/QUOTE]

I thought the new season was just going to be the movie(s) chopped up with added scenes so it makes sense as it's own episode.

- edit Yeah.

[quote name='Matt Groening']In February 2007, Groening clarified speculation as to whether Futurama had been revived in episodic or feature-film form, saying "[The crew is] writing them as movies and then we're going to chop them up, reconfigure them, write new material and try to make them work as separate episodes."[/QUOTE]

http://www.craveonline.com/filmtv/articles/04647510/rhymes_with_raining.html

I'm looking forward to it. Simpsons isn't as good as it used to be but I still think it's a good show. I'm still a fan of the new TV episodes and I'm looking forward to the movie as well.

I don't know how good it will be but I have to go see it on day 1. Especially since theres never anything else to do and I've always liked the Simpsons (although new episodes are blah).

I've watched the Simpsons since day 1, I'm thrilled about this movie. I don't know how you can watch the Spider Pig part and not laugh.

[quote name='dafoomie']I've watched the Simpsons since day 1, I'm thrilled about this movie. I don't know how you can watch the Spider Pig part and not laugh.[/quote]

Amen.

"Rest...Rest...Rest..."

[quote name='lokizz'] now make a King of the Hill movie and youve got me excited that show is consistently funny and its diff from most toons.
.[/QUOTE]

And your knocking Simpsons for being shitty. You want a King of the Hill movie. I think its best you just leave this thread.

I'm very excited. The spider-pig scene seemed much more classic simpsons then some of the new shit I see on tv (Homer getting his heart ripped out, then having it put back in? wtf?)

As long as none of the jokes are whacky off the wall. What made the simpsons great is that it was (mostly) grounded in reality.

I'm very excited about it. I know it's no longer "cool" to like the Simpsons, but every preview I've seen has been funnier than the last so far. Saw the "spider pig" one in front of Transformers, and thought it was hillarious.

Saw the "spider pig" one in front of Transformers, and thought it was hillarious.

Me too and it was hilarious. I will be seeing this with friends opening day if we can, if not then opening weekend. I can't wait.

I love how they went with President Schwazenegger.

This movie is going to be so great...or at least so far it looks to be. The trailers have been fantastic IMO. I'm hoping the movie follows.

Spiderpig.

If that's the best they can do, they can go to hell.

I feel like I have to see this movie out of reverence for the great empire that once was, but shit like that makes me cringe.

If you want to be Family Guy, just cancel the show already. fuckers. You've already ruined yourself, and now you're ripping off the show that rips you and itself off.

It's like watching Zeus offer to blow you for a battery.

[quote name='Graystone']And your knocking Simpsons for being shitty. You want a King of the Hill movie. I think its best you just leave this thread.[/quote]

dude just because you prefer comedy that needs to be dumbed down for you to get it dont knock me or king of the hill. king of the hill is the best out of all the comedy cartoons they have and the guy responsible for it is responsible for some of the best toon series ever. its a smart relevant and consistently funny show that doesnt revolve around repetitive lame empty gags and unrealistic events.

im going to see it. it might not be until it comes out on dvd, but i am going to see it. ive invested far too many hours in the simpsons to not see the movie.

[quote name='lokizz']dude just because you prefer comedy that needs to be dumbed down for you to get it dont knock me or king of the hill.[/quote]

:roll:

[quote name='Strell']Spiderpig.

If that's the best they can do, they can go to hell.

I feel like I have to see this movie out of reverence for the great empire that once was, but shit like that makes me cringe.

If you want to be Family Guy, just cancel the show already. fuckers. You've already ruined yourself, and now you're ripping off the show that rips you and itself off.

It's like watching Zeus offer to blow you for a battery.[/QUOTE]

Hush you. Spiderpig is funny, and is much more in the style of classic simpsons rather then newer family guy-esque simpsons (refer to my post about homer's heart being ripped out. Or another episode when a man turns to dust because grandpa "knows he's dead.")

[quote name='seanr1221']Hush you. Spiderpig is funny[/QUOTE]

No it's not. It's not classic Simpsons style in any way. Homer has always been a luvable dumbass, but you almost could always see some kind of rationale behind it. Cook lots of bacon to sell the fat? That I can sort of see the gears working. Now it's like they took Peter Griffin logic and shot it full of sugar and Mentos, and then decided that wasn't enough. Why not have all the characters lose every last semblance of what they used to be, and instead cameo all of them with every last one-liner we can possibly think of?

This new era of Homer-is-Bart's-friend-Lisa-is-a-total-bitch-Marge-is-fucking-clueless-Let's-fuck-up-every-convention-we've-already-fucked-up-once-before bullshit wore thin about 3 minutes after it began, right about the time I tuned into some episode where there was a theme park ride about Enron.

It was probably before that actually, but I was so disgusted with the show that I wasn't paying close enough attention to keep track.

[quote name='Strell']No it's not. It's not classic Simpsons style in any way. Homer has always been a luvable dumbass, but you almost could always see some kind of rationale behind it. Cook lots of bacon to sell the fat? That I can sort of see the gears working. Now it's like they took Peter Griffin logic and shot it full of sugar and Mentos, and then decided that wasn't enough. Why not have all the characters lose every last semblance of what they used to be, and instead cameo all of them with every last one-liner we can possibly think of?

This new era of Homer-is-Bart's-friend-Lisa-is-a-total-bitch-Marge-is-fucking-clueless-Let's-fuck-up-every-convention-we've-already-fucked-up-once-before bullshit wore thin about 3 minutes after it began, right about the time I tuned into some episode where there was a theme park ride about Enron.

It was probably before that actually, but I was so disgusted with the show that I wasn't paying close enough attention to keep track.[/QUOTE]

can't say I'm as disgruntled about it as you, but yeah, I'm not as in to it now that it's so slapstick.

the problem is, it can't match Family Guy in that realm since the show is so depraved and filled with messed up characters. Homer would never chase Lisa while farting on her until she threw up from it. :lol:

The movie will no doubt be hilarious. You have to believe that they will go all out and make the best movie they can possibly make. Also i very much like the look of the film. Slightly different than the show. As long as they have Jon Lovitz and Albert Brooks doing voices, you can't expect it to be anything but hilarious. I'm there day one.

Nine or so seasons ago, I would've been excited for a Simpsons movie.

I'll see it to see it, but I doubt I will enjoy it.

this show sucks now and the movie will more than likely suck smb but as always, jillions will watch it. not me though... id only go if phil hartman was still around. rip bill mcneal

I'm excited for it, obviously the show is not as good as it once was, but like I said in another thread The Simpsons have been on for something like 19 years and it's still mildly entertaining, whereas Family Guy has been on for about 6 years and I'm already getting tired of it.

It'll be worth seeing, even if you only used to be a Simpsons fan. The trailers alone are better than the whole Transformers movie, that film was garbage.

[quote name='Graystone']And your knocking Simpsons for being shitty. You want a King of the Hill movie. I think its best you just leave this thread.[/quote]

I don't think I have ever laughed while watching an episode of King of the Hill.

The Simpsons Movie looks lame. And I share Strell's views, maybe not as rabid though.
The Homer Simpson character used to be a goofy father figure. For the longest time, now, he's been a goofy unfunny cartoon character. The Simpsons is horrible. They need to kill it off.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I don't think I have ever laughed while watching an episode of King of the Hill.[/QUOTE]

You have a horrible sense of humor.

[quote name='seanr1221']Hush you. Spiderpig is funny, and is much more in the style of classic simpsons rather then newer family guy-esque simpsons (refer to my post about homer's heart being ripped out. Or another episode when a man turns to dust because grandpa "knows he's dead.")[/QUOTE]

Spiderpig is fucking stupid, plain and simple.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']im going to see it. it might not be until it comes out on dvd, but i am going to see it. ive invested far too many hours in the simpsons to not see the movie.[/quote]

I'll be seeing it in theaters, but this is very close to my thoughts on it. I've watched it since Tracy Ullman, I own the dvd's, I played the arcade game during my schools roller rink nights and so help me god I was anxious all summer waiting to find out who shot Mr. Burns. It's part of my life (doesnt help that I work at a comic shop...I sell the simpsons comics to the Comic Book Guy on a weekly basis), and I'll probably be thier day one

Ugh, the more previews I watch the more dissapointing this movie looks :cry:.

I hope that in another 9 years South Park doesn't degrade to Simpsons quality. For going on a decade i'm still glad it's still around, especially considering it's on cable.

I'll definetely check this movie out. Sure, the show has lost most of the wonderful luster that it once had, but it won't stop me from walking into the movie with low expectations and leaving (possibly) pleasantly surprised.

bread's done
Back