The Simpsons Movie

so....what's the consensus? Is it 99% Homer acting stupid like the past 7 years of the show or what? ;)

If not, I'll have to go check it out.

[quote name='seanr1221']A few people in my theater started crying when
Marge said she taped over their wedding
[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

hhahahaaahahhaahah lol. that made my day.

Saw it at midnight opening night. Theatre was packed full of Simpsons fans, which is probably the best way to see it.

It's projected at $29 million just for the opening DAY. That's great for a non-holiday weekend, and absolutely insane for an animated film not named Shrek.

"I think I like men now."

I saw the film earlier today, and I did enjoy it, but it wasn't anything special. I haven't seen the Simpson's since the Ricky Gervais episode because I just don't find the show to be all that funny anymore (though I do plan on watching the season premier since Stephen Colbert will be in it).

I loved the animation, it looked amazing compared to the show. It had a very Futurama vive.

They did have a lot of decent jokes, but I only laughed out loud a few times, and most of the really good LOL moments were in the trailers (Arnold choosing what plan to use on Springfield should have never been in the trailers).

I thought it was pretty good, Just like a long episode which i can dig.
are theater had people sitting on the floor to watch the movie.

The part that pissed me off is when "spider pig" came on everyone in the audience started singing with it.

I think it's because i knew that everyone was going to do it.

But in all seriousness, Lulz to Simpsons nudity and cursing.

Saw it with some friends earlier.

There were a couple decent moments, but I wasn't really enjoying it much (as I figured). The other big Simpsons fan with the group pretty much felt the same way.

Some of the others liked it a lot more (those that aren't that into The Simpsons).

[quote name='evilmax17']Didn't they say that they were going to reveal what state Springfield was in? What did it turn out to be?[/quote]

Winning state was Vermont if I'm not mistaken..

[quote name='evilmax17']Didn't they say that they were going to reveal what state Springfield was in? What did it turn out to be?[/QUOTE]
It's
inbetween Ohio, Nevada, Maine, and Kentucky.

Shit was lame. Only funny part was the beginning where Bart wrote " I will not illegally download this movie", but that was only funny because I had just finished downloading it.

[quote name='Zen Davis']Sequel coming next year. They'd be crazy not to do one.[/quote]
I think 1 year isn't nearly enough time to animate a new movie. ;)

I've been a big fan of the Simpsons since day one and I thought the movie was hilarious. A typical Simpsons episode stretched out to 90 minutes, yeah, but the jokes made the movie. Loved it. I can't wait for the DVD, since they reportedly had a ton of material that wasn't used.

The pig disappearing is typical Simpsons. Start the episode with something that has absolutely nothing to do with what comes after.

One of my favorite parts was when Homer got stuck in the sinkhole and was still flipping everyone off with both hands.

The jokes in the beginning and end were A material, the best the Simpsons has to offer. In the middle, the jokes trended towards average Simpsons and were fewer and further between, but it was good enough to be enjoyable in itself and not diminish the rest.

[quote name='anomynous']It's
inbetween Ohio, Nevada, Maine, and Kentucky.
[/QUOTE]

:lol: I liked that part also.

[quote name='Zen Davis']Sequel coming next year. They'd be crazy not to do one.[/QUOTE]

If you sat and watched the credits you find out that
sequel is Maggie's first word.

[quote name='dafoomie']I've been a big fan of the Simpsons since day one and I thought the movie was hilarious. A typical Simpsons episode stretched out to 90 minutes, yeah, but the jokes made the movie. Loved it. I can't wait for the DVD, since they reportedly had a ton of material that wasn't used.

The pig disappearing is typical Simpsons. Start the episode with something that has absolutely nothing to do with what comes after.

One of my favorite parts was when Homer got stuck in the sinkhole and was still flipping everyone off with both hands.

The jokes in the beginning and end were A material, the best the Simpsons has to offer. In the middle, the jokes trended towards average Simpsons and were fewer and further between, but it was good enough to be enjoyable in itself and not diminish the rest.
[/QUOTE]

Home flipping everyone off was my favorite part. Also Barts wang was extremely funny, they spent all that time to cover it up only to show it. :lol: "Throw the god damn bomb." Was great also.

[quote name='Graystone']
If you sat and watched the credits you find out that
sequel is Maggie's first word.
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure Daddy was Maggie's first word. ;)

[quote name='Kaijufan']
I'm pretty sure Daddy was Maggie's first word. ;)
[/QUOTE]

Well in the movie world. She did say Dadda in an episode in the past I remember that now that you mentioned it.

"Why pay for what you can watch at home for free suckas."

:rofl:

Watched the movie on Saturday. Was not that surprised that it was really good. I had a big feeling it was going to be, because it being the first Simpsons movie I knew they'd pull out all tricks and make it great.

I loved it!

I also saw I Now Pronounce you Chuck and Larry in the same day. It was alright... Made the Simpsons movie seem a little better also.
Although, Jessica Biel made that movie awesome. She was random... but...damnnnnnnnnnn.... :drool:

[quote name='Zen Davis']Sequel coming next year. They'd be crazy not to do one.[/quote]

Didn't the creators say they want to make three movies? They said that before working on this one though, so things obviously change over time, but it makes sense given how much this one is making at the box office.

I enjoyed it. Though, I really wonder about a sequal here.

I know that I went to see this movie, and I see probably a movie every 2 years at the theater (to give you an idea, the last 3 movies I saw at the theater before this was Star Wars Episode III (twice) and Shrek II.

I really believe there are other people like me that like the Simpsons, and went out to see it. Though I enjoyed it, I'm not so sure that I jump to see the next one, probably just wait for the DVD.

The writers thinking they are clever by making Maggie say "her first word" as "sequel" is basically a metaphoric microcosm that fully encompasses why the show sucks these days - completely diluting their characters, rewriting their entire histories, and shoving in a cheap one-liner gag.

Yep.

[quote name='seanr1221']I wanted to know what big 'ol grumpy Strell thought of the movie ;)[/QUOTE]

I posted earlier that when I left the theatre, I didn't have an urge to slaughter every person around me, thus making it wildly beyond my expectations.

I actually was thinking when the movie started that someone in a Nelson costume was going to start punching me in the balls the entire time.

That did happen, but it was an entirely unrelated matter.

[quote name='Strell']I posted earlier that when I left the theatre, I didn't have an urge to slaughter every person around me, thus making it wildly beyond my expectations.

I actually was thinking when the movie started that someone in a Nelson costume was going to start punching me in the balls the entire time.

That did happen, but it was an entirely unrelated matter.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Nice.

Is it true what my friend told me about Conan O'brien? He said that Conan really wanted to help write the movie, but they never called him back or anything.

Saw this yesterday, I enjoyed it. I didn't have really high expectations since I haven't been enthralled with the show enough to keep up on it the last few years, but at least it didn't disappoint. There were very few bad moments, just not as many laugh out loud moments as I would have liked.

That said, I think they did an excellent job of producing a feature-length film out of a 15-year-old 30 minute show.

[quote name='JJSP']Maggie's first word was "Daddy", not "sequel". Yay for continuity![/QUOTE]

i think they intentionally did that just to fuck with simpsons fans :rofl:

[quote name='botticus']Saw this yesterday, I enjoyed it. I didn't have really high expectations since I haven't been enthralled with the show enough to keep up on it the last few years, but at least it didn't disappoint. There were very few bad moments, just not as many laugh out loud moments as I would have liked.

That said, I think they did an excellent job of producing a feature-length film out of a 15-year-old 30 minute show.[/quote]Feature length? ;)
It's not even 90 minutes, WITH the credits.

I'd say my favorite parts were

Homer giving both fingers as he went down the sinkhole and when Marge told Homer "There's one time in a marriage when you're allowed to say I need you to do this with me" and then Homer says "That's the STUPIDEST thing I've ever heard.

[quote name='dallow']Feature length? ;)
It's not even 90 minutes, WITH the credits.[/quote]I suppose that's true... didn't really pay attention to the time. I think it was a 3:15 show and we were out around 4:45, so probably 80 minutes. Which is better than more than 90 in this case, I think.

[quote name='JJSP']Maggie's first word was "Daddy", not "sequel". Yay for continuity![/QUOTE]

The Simpsons never heard Maggie say her first word. Only we, the audience, did.
So Lisa believes Maggie is going to say her first word (during the end credits of the movie).

[quote name='Silencer']The Simpsons never heard Maggie say her first word. Only we, the audience, did.
So Lisa believes Maggie is going to say her first word.[/quote]I thought I remembered Homer or Marge saying something about 'she's about to say her first word!'.

[quote name='dallow']I thought I remembered Homer or Marge saying something about 'she's about to say her first word!'.[/QUOTE]
I thought she said "daddy" or whatever right before she fell asleep when no one was around?

[quote name='whoknows']I thought she said "daddy" or whatever right before she fell asleep when no one was around?[/quote]Ohhh, totally misread his post.

Yeah, then that makes sense.
No one heard Maggie say her real first word in the show.

Puzzle solved!

[quote name='JJSP']Maggie's first word was "Daddy", not "sequel". Yay for continuity![/quote]
None of the family members were around when she said that, so technically "sequel" is her first word as far as the Simpson's are concerned.

And... it's just cartoon, who cares if the continuity isn't accurate?

Edit: Looks like I need to read the whole thread, as a couple of posts up have already mentioned this. :lol:

bread's done
Back