The Spooky OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if I woke up an hour earlier or I got an extra hour of sleep.

I also imagine myself re-living the previous hour Groundhog Day style when we fall back.

I woke up today and I'm like "this is a bit later than usual" but hadn't set the clocks back last night. :rofl: Such a facepalm moment, luckily it is Sunday so it didn't make any difference.

President Obama is a corporate Illuminati meat puppet for sure, but I can't help but :lol: / #-o when I can tell the true, honest to God (yet secret) reason someone dislikes hates him is because he's buh-buh-buh-buh-black.

(Overheard some ignorance earlier today.)

[quote name='Gears24']anyone wanna help me out with some Tron:Evolution achievements?[/QUOTE]

I know jolietjake will. Hit him up, username jolietjake.

676113915.jpg

This can't be real.

Got a nice fat paycheck from my 250 unused vacation hours from my last job. I already spent about 20% of it at Costco buying some home essentials. That place is where money goes to die.

Really? Almost $80 for the LOTR trilogy on Blu-Ray? I was going to buy it so I could rewatch the films before The Hobbit. Not at that price.

Guess it doesn't help you to know it was around $39.99 when it first came out. @83 - so far not really for our area. NWS is forecasting about an inch right now. Sounds like it'll be mostly rain.

[quote name='darthbudge']Really? Almost $80 for the LOTR trilogy on Blu-Ray? I was going to buy it so I could rewatch the films before The Hobbit. Not at that price.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't it cheap as hell at Wal-Mart a few weeks ago? Or are you talking about the extended edition?

Are we starting the Cocksmas avatars already? Can't wait till December?

About 3 hours until I can go into work. 12 hours until I can go back to bed.

[quote name='eldergamer']Are we starting the Cocksmas avatars already? Can't wait till December?

About 3 hours until I can go into work. 12 hours until I can go back to bed.[/QUOTE]

I figure Target is putting out thier Christmas stuff already and one of the local radio stations is starting to play Christmas Carols...why not.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']:rofl: Didn't notice that was you 83, I thought it was somebody else with that avatar.

^^^ Eli looks knocked out.[/QUOTE]

Shout out to CK64 who made that for me a few years ago.

Costco has had their Christmas stuff out for a couple weeks now. Target was putting theirs out last week right before Halloween. Most houses around here still have their Halloween decorations out.

Pretty soon people will be bringing out their giant Christmas inflatables, complete with noisy fans.
(suburbs FTW)

Heh, I was about to say at least you didn't go with Costco because their Christmas shit has been up for a while now.

Respect Thanksgiving, put that Christmas stuff away 83.

---
edit: I just finished filling out my mail in voter ballot. Too late to mail but I can drop it off at the voter place.

Mailed my ballot in a week ago.

R-74! So senior citizens can live in sin and the gays can get married.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Referendum_74_(2012)

(Seriously, the mailings you get on this tout that it allows seniors to have domestic partnerships so they don't lose benefits if they re-marry)

I voted for it, but I just appreciate the irony. Seniors want domestic partnerships and don't want to get married. Homosexuals wont to get married, but don't want domestic partnerships.

R-74 and I-502 are pretty interesting this year. I have seen next to no opposition to I-502, which surprises me, and a disgusting amount of negative press for R-74. While driving around on Saturday I saw a bunch of protesters bannering the highway against R-74. Fuck ups.

I've seen almost no negative press for R-74. Have gotten about 3 pro fliers in my mailbox for it, and have probably seen that commercial featuring the old republican lady about 20 times. (It's a pro commercial)

Have seen nothing about I-502. The marijuana one, right?

Unfortunately living so close to Portland, all of the political news/fliers I get are Oregon related.
SW WA pretty much gets ignored by the rest of the state.

[quote name='DT778']Heh, I was about to say at least you didn't go with Costco because their Christmas shit has been up for a while now.

Respect Thanksgiving, put that Christmas stuff away 83.

---
edit: I just finished filling out my mail in voter ballot. Too late to mail but I can drop it off at the voter place.[/QUOTE]

I love Thanksgiving...it's my favorite Holiday! But the Cocksmas Jedi transcends all!

[quote name='eldergamer']I've seen almost no negative press for R-74. Have gotten about 3 pro fliers in my mailbox for it, and have probably seen that commercial featuring the old republican lady about 20 times. (It's a pro commercial)

Have seen nothing about I-502. The marijuana one, right?

Unfortunately living so close to Portland, all of the political news/fliers I get are Oregon related.
SW WA pretty much gets ignored by the rest of the state.[/QUOTE]

Yea I-502 is marijuana. A lot of pro- stuff on TV here (stuff like "I don't like it, but we might as well tax and regulate it and put the money to schools" which is actually a good idea). Last polls I saw had it at 57% yes or something, which is really crazy.

But in the Seattle metro area there is a lot of opposition to R-74 for some reason. Signs everywhere, old people protesting anything, and even commercials ("I lost my business because of the gays" I shit you not that was an ad). I'm hoping it doesn't work.

In this day and age who, under the age of 50, should be homophobic anymore? It doesn't fail to surprise me when I see even younger people in uproar about any talk of gay people...?

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I wish there was a way to live in Austin without living in Texas.[/QUOTE]

Austin being in Texas makes it even better. You can have all the liberal hippie bullshit you want and still have the good conservative things like less strict gun control.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I wish there was a way to live in Austin without living in Texas.[/QUOTE]

I wish I could live here forever.

Went to the Giants world series parade. It was cool. Shitload of people. Only one naked old dude which is not bad for being on the same day as Halloween in SF.

Pic in spoiler not of said naked dude. Sorry.
29gige1.jpg

[quote name='darthbudge']Austin being in Texas makes it even better. You can have all the liberal hippie bullshit you want and still have the good conservative things like less strict gun control.[/QUOTE]

I don't know. The same state likes to alter school books...f that s in the a.

Morning, OTT. Polling place was 15 deep this morning, and that was :30 minutes before the doors open...and it's cold out.

I'll be hitting it :)whee:) on my way home after work.

It took me about 50 minutes to vote this morning. It wasn't too bad, except that they had a no electronics policy. :( I snuck in a tweet, though. :)

You actually can't physically vote down here at the polling places. You had to have gotten your mail in ballot ahead of time. Everything else is drop off.

(I think you can file a contested ballot still)

We'll soon have (state) legal marijuana and gay marriage. No chance of a new I-5 bridge though.
Oregon's marijuina is likely to go down, it's pretty poorly written.

I really wish they'd just drop the 'medicinal' cover story though and just admit they're smoking to get high.

Legal weed, hm. Well...alcohol is already given out like candy all over the place so I guess weed isn't going to be a whole lot worse.

Neither are exactly great for safety concerns though (driving, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back