The Spooky OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Maklershed']Might as well. Not gonna get any better and anyone that goes shopping today for anything but emergency supplies is a huge asshole.[/QUOTE]

Trust me, this storm isn't going to stop people. Some, yes. But not everybody. Once you work retail, you learn real quick that people are selfish assholes.

[quote name='Eviltude']Hey guys! Everyone still afloat?

I'm not in the path of the storm, but they told us at the end of last week if we called out due to the storm it would be considered "Unexcused Leave" and everyone would be given a written warning. It was like fucking high school.[/QUOTE]

That's the one thing keeping me from calling out. There's a girl who lived in Maryland maybe 45 to 60 minutes from work who called because of snowmageddon last year. Things went downhill quick to where she was basically forced to quit.

I've got 3 days of work underneath my belt. It's a retail job, a seasonal one at that. I won't say where it is, but if you don't sell credit cards, you get less hours. I've also been scheduled every day. I wonder if they'll ever give me a day off. At least I work later tonight only a few hours. They don't have me in the schedule and they're going day by day at this point. At least it's not as bad as Gamestop.....

So they closed the office at 12:00PM because of the hurricane. I'm just leaving now. to heck if they think I'm driving in tomorrow. Not that its too bad...just rainy and windy. But its supposed to get worse.

So I'm super late, like 83 late, to the party, but my god bioshock is amazing. Is the second one any good? should I buy it and the dlc while its on sale?

The second one is different. This is all my opinion, but weaker overall story, better ending, better combat, and way better difficulty. If you play it, play it on hard with Vita-Chambers disabled. Makes harvesting and fights with Big Sisters hell.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']What kind of person goes as a spectator to a poker tournament?[/QUOTE]

I like watching them on TV. :(

We got a little rain and a little wind, just as I suspected.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I like watching them on TV. :([/QUOTE]

See, that I can understand. You know what each player has, and you can see their strategies. But why go to a live event just to sit in the 25th row and only cheer when the people up front start clapping?

[quote name='munch']So I'm super late, like 83 late, to the party, but my god bioshock is amazing. Is the second one any good? should I buy it and the dlc while its on sale?[/QUOTE]

The first half of Bioshock 2 is better than the first one, but it slips as the game goes on. Bioshock 1 is the better overall game, but the second one is well worth playing. Also, Minerva's Den is one of the best pieces of single player DLC ever constructed. It is flat out fantastic.

So I'm watching The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson and they just snuck in a cleveland steamer joke. Hilariousness ensues.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I bought the Walking Dead game for $15. I like it so far.[/QUOTE]

Do you have Playstation+ or is it on sale?

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I'll take wind and rain over THE GROUND fuckING MOVING.[/QUOTE]

Open your front door and see this:

yObeM.jpg

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']The second one is different. This is all my opinion, but weaker overall story, better ending, better combat, and way better difficulty. If you play it, play it on hard with Vita-Chambers disabled. Makes harvesting and fights with Big Sisters hell.[/QUOTE]

I played through the second one on Easy and didn't need a Vita-Chamber once. Does that count?

I relaly enjoyed the first Bioshock, but the second one was really lacking in that sense of mystery, exploration and new discovery that the first one had.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']:lol: Is that a fucking shark?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JStryke']So it's not just me that saw that too.[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Had a lot of problems with power outages last night, as the power went off frequently for a second or two at a time to give me enough time to turn on my computer, start to get things back in order, and then have the power go out again.

[quote name='munch']You go to the CAG homepage? What are you, a Kansas City $$$$$$?[/QUOTE]

I'm from KC and don't even know what this means...

[quote name='4thHorseman']I'm from KC and don't even know what this means...[/QUOTE]

Only two things come from Kansas City.

In an effort to steer this away from yet another fuckING FOOTBALL discussion:

[quote name='munch']You go to the CAG homepage? What are you, a Kansas City $$$$$$?[/QUOTE]

Yes! How else would I know about ghame dealz?

Looks like I'll be carrying an umbrella this Halloween. Been dry the past few years. But I always make sure to have the night off.

(I'd comment on the Lucasfilm/Disney news but I already did in the appropriate thread)

I used to live around Kansas City. Smalll world.

I hope everybody is staying safe if they are in the midst of a battle with Mother Nature.

Also, personally I don't think Disney isn't going to do good with that franchise, since they tend to make some...less-than-stellar movies these days. It is possible they do something decent but, come on, it shouldn't be EXPECTED.

Morning, OTT. Anyone hear from Mak...I'm about to send out a search team.

Surprisingly, I didnt do too badly...but seeing what happened in NY/NJ is just amazing. Makes me thankful...it could have been a lot worse.

Eliza Dushku and Michael Dorn were at Austin Comic Con this past weekend. Decided to print this out and get it signed-

12862_10151314541399994_1661343001_n.jpg

Got him to sign it Maero and her to sign it Shaundi.

Ok so I returned my Acer for the Lenovo Yoga. It's more expensive but it's sexy as hell. Awesome build quality (similar to Apple) and being able to rotate the screen into a tablet is really cool. It's very fast and responsive so I'm definitely happy with it. Except for one thing.

Lenovo claims this comes with a solid state 128GB HDD. It does, but it's so full of Lenovo bloat ware, that after everything that comes with it, you get like 60GB of useable space. Also, it's split between a C and D drive. Pretty shitty. Some people online were talking about partitioning drive and such, but I have no idea how to do any of that.

So my question for any computer guys (I'm looking at you, 83). Could I throw an SD card in and use it as part of my storage? What can (or I guess a better question what can't) I run off of it? I love the laptop a lot, and I'm willing to buy a 64GB sd card, or maybe even a 128 card to offset the shitty bloatware.

Is there a way to easily combine the space on the C and D drives? Will things automatically save to the C drive? So will I have to manually tell my computer to save things to the D drive?

[quote name='seanr1221']Ok so I returned my Acer for the Lenovo Yoga. It's more expensive but it's sexy as hell. Awesome build quality (similar to Apple) and being able to rotate the screen into a tablet is really cool. It's very fast and responsive so I'm definitely happy with it. Except for one thing.

Lenovo claims this comes with a solid state 128GB HDD. It does, but it's so full of Lenovo bloat ware, that after everything that comes with it, you get like 60GB of useable space. Also, it's split between a C and D drive. Pretty shitty. Some people online were talking about partitioning drive and such, but I have no idea how to do any of that.

So my question for any computer guys (I'm looking at you, 83). Could I throw an SD card in and use it as part of my storage? What can (or I guess a better question what can't) I run off of it? I love the laptop a lot, and I'm willing to buy a 64GB sd card, or maybe even a 128 card to offset the shitty bloatware.

Is there a way to easily combine the space on the C and D drives? Will things automatically save to the C drive? So will I have to manually tell my computer to save things to the D drive?[/QUOTE]

I'm going to defer some of these questions to people who are better in the know than I am...I am a software programmer by trade. If CK64 is around, he's pretty good with the hardware.

You can put in a SD card and run it like an additional storage (Probably E\ drive will be assigned), but the performance will be noticably weaker than the SSD and you will not be able to install games or executables that require installs on it, I don't beleive.

To the best of my knowledge, the C\ and D\ drives should be partitioned on the same Hard Drive, so that the Operating System is on one partition (Usually C\) and the rest of the HD (D\) is where you would save all of your documents and game installs. Combining the C and D will require a format of the hard drive, not selecting to partition the HD and a complete reinstall of the operating system. Default saves should be D\, if the OS is on C\...that works that way on my PC.

If it were me, I'd burn an image of your current laptop on DVD's and then reformat the current SSD, buy a larger SSD and drop that one in and then do a clean install Windows 7. You should have an image of your laptop or be able to create it. Then sell the old SSD to offset some of the cost.

There also should be some uninstall program options to free up a lot of space by uninstalling the bloat. You could easily reclaim a lot of real estate that way too.

[quote name='Number83']I'm going to defer some of these questions to people who are better in the know than I am...I am a software programmer by trade. If CK64 is around, he's pretty good with the hardware.

You can put in a SD card and run it like an additional storage (Probably E\ drive will be assigned), but the performance will be noticably weaker than the SSD and you will not be able to install games or executables that require installs on it, I don't beleive.

To the best of my knowledge, the C\ and D\ drives should be partitioned on the same Hard Drive, so that the Operating System is on one partition (Usually C\) and the rest of the HD (D\) is where you would save all of your documents and game installs. Combining the C and D will require a format of the hard drive, not selecting to partition the HD and a complete reinstall of the operating system. Default saves should be D\, if the OS is on C\...that works that way on my PC.

If it were me, I'd burn an image of your current laptop on DVD's and then reformat the current SSD, buy a larger SSD and drop that one in and then do a clean install Windows 7. You should have an image of your laptop or be able to create it. Then sell the old SSD to offset some of the cost.

There also should be some uninstall program options to free up a lot of space by uninstalling the bloat. You could easily reclaim a lot of real estate that way too.[/QUOTE]

I found this

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad...d-Yoga-hard-disk-allocation/m-p/906689#M12644

But I pretty much have no idea what any of that means.

I loathe Lenovo, their bloatware, customer service . . .etc. We've owned about 3 of their laptops, and additionally- my wife gets a new business one, on average, about every 18 months-they are the sole provider of all my her offices laptops, If you are a corporate client all that bloatware is stripped out and customer service is topnotch, their retail products services are as stated the opposite.

In addition to what 83 said:
Frequently with the thinkpad line (and maybe the Yoga) a large part of the second partition is a factory restore folder.

Does the yoga have a folder labeled something like \lenovo\factory_recovery on the 2nd partition?

If so, I would look to see if you can set up a bootable external optical drive (or maybe even a HDD) and either order a factory system restore disk or copy that system restore folder over to the external HDD.

Then you can free up some gigs and/or change the partitions to your liking.

I am totally unfamiliar with the Yoga, but every lenovo laptop we've ever had has been set up that way on the second partition.

The D drive does have a drivers folder, but it's only taking up 1GB.

The link I posted above seems like a good fix, but like I said, I really have no idea how to do any of that stuff. I'm not even close to being tech savvy.

[quote name='Number83']Morning, OTT. Anyone hear from Mak...I'm about to send out a search team.

Surprisingly, I didnt do too badly...but seeing what happened in NY/NJ is just amazing. Makes me thankful...it could have been a lot worse.[/QUOTE]

:wave:I'm back in the land of power. That storm was outrageously intense. I hope to never live through something like that again. Three trees fell within about 30 feet of my house. The wind was so strong at times I was sincerely worried my roof would blow off. How was everything in Reading?seanracist and jstryke are still alive it appears

That tutorial is actually fairly clear cut. Effectively it says to copy everything off of D:, uninstall all the programs on D:, then delete it and expand C: to take over the space. Then you re-install the programs that got removed and copy the other files back. Granted, having two partitions doesn't really make any difference besides where you save things. It's like having ten pennies in one pocket vs 7 pennies in one and 3 in the other.

Your real focus should be knocking out the bloatware on it. That's the way to gain some space.

[quote name='Maklershed']:wave:I'm back in the land of power. That storm was outrageously intense. I hope to never live through something like that again. Three trees fell within about 30 feet of my house. The wind was so strong at times I was sincerely worried my roof would blow off. How was everything in Reading?seanracist and jstryke are still alive it appears[/QUOTE]

Welcome back!!!

Surprisingly, it wasn't as bad where I'm at. Lots of rain, some downed trees but no loss of power but only for a few minutes. Compared to last year's Snowmageddon, it was a breeze.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']That tutorial is actually fairly clear cut. Effectively it says to copy everything off of D:, uninstall all the programs on D:, then delete it and expand C: to take over the space. Then you re-install the programs that got removed and copy the other files back. Granted, having two partitions doesn't really make any difference besides where you save things. It's like having ten pennies in one pocket vs 7 pennies in one and 3 in the other.

Your real focus should be knocking out the bloatware on it. That's the way to gain some space.[/QUOTE]

Easy for you but I'm linkin prime leves of dumb with this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back