The Spooky OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='munch']In really not hurting at all, just slightly uncomfortable. I mostly just wanted to try the vicodin, which just put me to sleep at 9pm. I'm now up at 4am.. Great

And I'm definitely going for the sperm check. My wife gets pregnant if I just look at her funny.[/QUOTE]

I got mine done the day before Thanksgiving a few years ago...and then had the whole family for Thanksgiving dinner at my house, including my priest brother.

My wife does not cook and you all know the Catholic Church stance on Birth Control, so I had to stand at the stove for most of the day and pretend I hurt myself playing basketball which would explain why I was gimpy. Every once in a while I would excuse myself and Mrs. Number83 would bring me an ice pack.

[quote name='lordwow']Happy Weekend Everyone[/QUOTE]

We're being forced to switch to every other weekend on at work. The wife works alternating every other weeknds that I do. So, I won't have a weekend "off" ever.

Man Infamous 2 just drags on and on and on. I need to stop doing the side missions, stop searching for blast shards, and just play the story missions and move on.

Giada's Halloween special is on foodnetwork right now. My wife is liking the easy cake pops, I am digging the pumpkins.

A scoop necked red stripe dress is making for the best episode in a while.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']No hype for XCom? Are you full retard? It's being talked about more than Dishonored.[/QUOTE]

It has some hype, but I was saying why doesn't it have MORE?

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']No hype for XCom? Are you full retard? It's being talked about more than Dishonored.[/QUOTE]

As the kids would say the bees knees!!!!

Nearly 24 hours w/o a post? Wow. All you east coasters must be knocked out by the frankenstorm.

Thank god for the mild weather of the NW. (That people totally over-react to.)

[quote name='eldergamer']Nearly 24 hours w/o a post? Wow. All you east coasters must be knocked out by the frankenstorm.

Thank god for the mild weather of the NW. (That people totally over-react to.)[/QUOTE]

Frankenstorm doesn't hit til tonight. According to WGAL it looks like the worst of it might stay to the south of where I live but we're still due for 3 inches of rain and wind gusts up to 70mph. :cold:

[quote name='TemporaryTattoos'] I saw Hellraiser for the first time last night. Good shit. Why can't they make good horror movies anymore? [/QUOTE]

The Descent, Pandorum, and Tucker and Dale vs Evil (sorta)

[quote name='Maklershed']Frankenstorm doesn't hit til tonight. According to WGAL it looks like the worst of it might stay to the south of where I live but we're still due for 3 inches of rain and wind gusts up to 70mph. :cold:

The Descent, Pandorum, and Tucker and Dale vs Evil (sorta)[/QUOTE]

The Descent wasn't scary, but not bad, Pandorum was great, but scifi and Tucker and Dale was fantastic, but parody.

The only good new horror that comes to my mind is Drag me to Hell.

I don't know if it's due to the hurricane or not, but we're supposed to get rain all week and it's not so great with 40 degree temps to make it cold rain.

I enjoyed Tucker and Dale Vs. more than Cabin in the Woods, don't get me wrong it was fun too. That being said, I do have friends in GA named Tucker and Dale which might explain that; Not to mention, a bricolage parody/homage like Cabin seems easier to pull off than a straight-up sub-genre parody and to back that up I cite South Park v. Family Guy.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Cabin In The Woods as well.[/QUOTE]

I keep hearing that's a really good movie. I'll have to check it out sometime. Maybe I'll use the $5 Amazon credit for registering the PS3.

fuck football. Keeps pushing my Amazing Race back later than it should be. Honestly, sporting events should only be shown on ESPN. You want to watch that shit, watch the sports channel. What a gluttonous form of entertainment.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']fuck football. Keeps pushing my Amazing Race back later than it should be. Honestly, sporting events should only be shown on ESPN. You want to watch that shit, watch the sports channel. What a gluttonous form of entertainment.[/QUOTE]
fuck football? fuck you!

I can never watch more than 15-20 mins of a game. I'll relinquish the TV during halftime to the kids and then I never get it back. (Currently Playing: Handy Manny Big Construction Job)

I like watching that quick play on Direct TV at night when I can. A whole football game condensed down to 30 mins.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Who mentioned the Decent as a good horror movie? Was mediocre to me...?[/QUOTE]

A movie titled Decent sounds like the very definition of mediocre.

Well, after not using a windows computer for 12 years, I bought a Windows 8 laptop. Costco had an Acer on sale for 100.00 off. It's a 15.6" screen, 6GB of ram, 750GB HDD and a touch screen. I'm enjoying Windows 8 a lot, it's just a big change for me. If I decide I don't like it within 90 days I can return it for a full refund.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']This has been a shiitty sports weekend. Panthers and NCSU choke away wins and the Cowboys didn't show up today.[/QUOTE]Sucks for you. I got San Diego State and Stanford both winning and becoming bowl eligible. And then the Giants are up three games to zero. Niners play Monday night. Oh, and the Thunder traded James Hardin. Haha.

I don't have off from work...we never do. Sure, the governments are closed, there's no public transportation and there will probably be a State of Emergency declared before the end of the work day, but I'm here.

And I'll be here tomorrow...

...and forever...That is until they replace me with 4 workers in Gargon, India.

[quote name='seanr1221']Well, after not using a windows computer for 12 years, I bought a Windows 8 laptop. Costco had an Acer on sale for 100.00 off. It's a 15.6" screen, 6GB of ram, 750GB HDD and a touch screen. I'm enjoying Windows 8 a lot, it's just a big change for me. If I decide I don't like it within 90 days I can return it for a full refund.[/QUOTE]

Is that the one that's $400.

I was in Costco two weeks ago. They had a $400 15 inch notebook in their system. Eight in stock, but they refused to sell them yet.

I've grown fond of the new Fright Night movie. It's not "scary" but it's fun. I would recommend it if you haven't seen it. They should do a sequel.

I work for the power company and have to report for work. But I'm going to instruct my staff that unless they've been activated for their storm role, to leave work today at 11 and not report tomorrow unless activated. That's unusual because we're required to report every day in all weather, on storm or not. Remember Snowmageddon, I had to drive into work during that blizard. This is probably the first storm in my ten years working here where I'm going to tell my staff not to come in tomorrow.

We can't do anything anyway. No one can work until winds drop below 40 MPH. That probably won't be until Tuesday night. I expect to be called in then.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Is that the one that's $400.

I was in Costco two weeks ago. They had a $400 15 inch notebook in their system. Eight in stock, but they refused to sell them yet.

I've grown fond of the new Fright Night movie. It's not "scary" but it's fun. I would recommend it if you haven't seen it. They should do a sequel.

I work for the power company and have to report for work. But I'm going to instruct my staff that unless they've been activated for their storm role, to leave work today at 11 and not report tomorrow unless activated. That's unusual because we're required to report every day in all weather, on storm or not. Remember Snowmageddon, I had to drive into work during that blizard. This is probably the first storm in my ten years working here where I'm going to tell my staff not to come in tomorrow.

We can't do anything anyway. No one can work until winds drop below 40 MPH. That probably won't be until Tuesday night. I expect to be called in then.[/QUOTE]

Nah normally 850, on sale for 750. I don't think the lower models have touch screens.

Mak, is all of PA in a SOE or just Philly?

[quote name='Maklershed']Good news and bad news.

Good news = I'm off today :whee:

Bad news = apocalyptic hurricane is heading directly over my house :cold:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, being in Central PA sucks right about now. Granted, we almost never get any storms where I am other than hard rain, so it could be worse? I'm just hoping we don't lose power, or if we do, it doesn't last more than a day.

And as far as I know, I still need to go to work today. Should call the crisis hotline though to see if we are going to close now or not (weren't closing as of 2am this morning).

[quote name='Maklershed']State of Emergency for PA was declared over the weekend already mang.[/QUOTE]

And yet, here I am...drowning in work because everyone was smart enough to stay home...everyone but me.

[quote name='seanr1221']Nah normally 850, on sale for 750. I don't think the lower models have touch screens.

Mak, is all of PA in a SOE or just Philly?[/QUOTE]

Whole state. As a matter of fact, I think Obama declared PA a disaster area already so federal funding can be utilized.

[quote name='Maklershed']Whole state. As a matter of fact, I think Obama declared PA a disaster area already so federal funding can be utilized.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't be surprised. My boss told everyone to work from home today. So I am going until I lose power or 5 pm.

Northeast PA is pretty clear, just a little bit of rain, a small drizzle but I am waiting for it.

[quote name='Number83']And yet, here I am...drowning in work because everyone was smart enough to stay home...everyone but me.[/QUOTE]

I feel ya, we're completely shut down here in Boston, but I'm considered "essential personnel." Sititng here watching Youtube videos. Great stuff.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I doubt it'll get too bad here. Some semi-strong winds and some rain yes, but not nearly as bad as the PA guys.

Then again, I could be completely wrong. I hope not. I did zero prep.

Hell, I work in a hospital and we have a "Storm Management Plan" that details who should stay home and when.
It gets activated every year when the temp drops below 35 and there's rain in the forecast. :roll:

What I never understand is how with all of our technology is we cannot devise an electrical delivery system to withstand these winds.

Hope everyone stays safe though.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I doubt it'll get too bad here. Some semi-strong winds and some rain yes, but not nearly as bad as the PA guys.

Then again, I could be completely wrong. I hope not. I did zero prep.[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't be too bad for you. The county I live in is the northern edge of the worst part of the storm. Everything above that in PA even is not bad. The part of NY state above PA looks like it should be fine.

Hey guys! Everyone still afloat?

I'm not in the path of the storm, but they told us at the end of last week if we called out due to the storm it would be considered "Unexcused Leave" and everyone would be given a written warning. It was like fucking high school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back