The Spooky OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait 'til Skillrex's fame completes the latter portion of dat bell curve.

Last edited:
[quote name='Wolve11']Lol at skrillex in blops2
[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Brak']I can't wait 'til Skillrex's fame completes the latter portion of dat bell curve.[/QUOTE]
He even has a cameo in Wreck It Ralph . . . can't escape him.

[quote name='eldergamer']I dislike the whole concept of college football and the status it has been elevated to. ( bitter nerd)
[/QUOTE]
Just wait until you hate all pro-sports. College level is all I can watch now- even that is losing it's luster.

[quote name='2DMention']Went with my Mom to Beef O' Brady's for supper. Pretty good place. It replaced a really terrible local pub where the service and food were bad.[/QUOTE]

Beef O' Brady's is terrible. We have half a dozen around us- they are all terrible- even the one that hires the local J.C. girls and puts them in shrunken T-Shirts. Your last sentence describes every Beef's I've patronized to a T. I'd trade them all for one Loco's bar and grill or a Padriac's caliber pub.

h3llbring3r, do you know anything about pushing sites up higher on google search?

[quote name='Brak']h3llbring3r, do you know anything about pushing sites up higher on google search?[/QUOTE]
I haven't actively done targeted SEO for google in a long time, google is constantly tweaking their formulations, I am afraid all the advice I could give you is very dated if not outright wrong now.

I can check my old webdev resources and see if their is a solid set of techniques and guidelines to boost search result rankings (outside of the pay to play, obviously).

Is it a commercial venture or something else you are working on?

All girls ice-skating birthday party, can't wait to hear the squeals in an ice rink echo chamber! 2 hours! Little girls birthday parties, luv em.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Brak']h3llbring3r, do you know anything about pushing sites up higher on google search?[/QUOTE]

Meatspin.com is going to the top!

EDIT: Btw was that you that made a thread on Neogaf yesterday or is that a different Brak?

[quote name='h3llbring3r']He even has a cameo in Wreck It Ralph . . . can't escape him.

Just wait until you hate all pro-sports. College level is all I can watch now- even that is losing it's luster.

Beef O' Brady's is terrible. We have half a dozen around us- they are all terrible- even the one that hires the local J.C. girls and puts them in shrunken T-Shirts. Your last sentence describes every Beef's I've patronized to a T. I'd trade them all for one Loco's bar and grill or a Padriac's caliber pub.[/QUOTE]

I don't hate all pro-sports. At least on the pro level they're being paid to take part in the game. They've chosen to make that their career.

At the college level we're supposed to buy into this fiction that all the players are "student-atheletes" and they're just doing this on their free time apart from their studies. :roll:

Beef O Bradys looks as generic as an Applebees or a Boston Sports Market. I bet they even got a lot "crazy crap on the walls" too.

On that note, there is a Buffallo Wild Wings in town that I've been meaning to go to for about a year now.
There's probably better local wing places in Portland but dealing with the traffic, parking, and foodies doesnt make it worth the hassle.

[quote name='Maklershed']Meatspin.com is going to the top!

EDIT: Btw was that you that made a thread on Neogaf yesterday or is that a different Brak?[/QUOTE]
:lol:

Nah, that's not me.

Since when can a Beef O' Brady's or Applebees beat out a classic Taco Bell. When you don't get deadly sick after your taco (probably due to eating hairs, which has happened to me too many times...) it is fantastic.

I still have a hard time understanding the appeal of college sports. I live in a college town and still don't understand the appeal. I mean I have some exitement about NCSU basketball but it doesn't hold my interest like the mavs cowboys and the rangers do.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I still have a hard time understanding the appeal of college sports. I live in a college town and still don't understand the appeal. I mean I have some exitement about NCSU basketball but it doesn't hold my interest like the mavs cowboys and the rangers do.[/QUOTE]

Raleigh sucks

[quote name='h3llbring3r']He even has a cameo in Wreck It Ralph . . . can't escape him.
[/QUOTE]

The song goes imma try it out. What's he trying out? It's just the same line over and over.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I still have a hard time understanding the appeal of college sports. I live in a college town and still don't understand the appeal. I mean I have some exitement about NCSU basketball but it doesn't hold my interest like the mavs cowboys and the rangers do.[/QUOTE]

I have a hard time understanding the appeal of sports.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I have a hard time understanding the appeal of sports.[/QUOTE]
Humans are tribal by nature.

I only watch fake sports.

Coen Brothers Collection on bluray for $19.99 at Amazon ..

The set includes: 'Raising Arizona,' 'Blood Simple,' 'Miller's Crossing,' and 'Fargo.'

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Brak, is that maklershed in your avatar? :lol:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Brak']All it needs is the UFC shirt.[/QUOTE]

:whee:

Everyone (understandably I guess) loves college sports here and I just can't get into it at all.

[quote name='eldergamer']I don't hate all pro-sports. At least on the pro level they're being paid to take part in the game. They've chosen to make that their career.

At the college level we're supposed to buy into this fiction that all the players are "student-atheletes" and they're just doing this on their free time apart from their studies. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Indeed, the illusion of the student athlete does only go so far. However, they are still not being paid and the majority of them are not deluded into believing they're on a likely road to the pros- so there is some personal glory, pride in alma mater, and love of the game there- but it is certainly far from pure.

I think part of my disinterest is that very fact that in the pros they are being paid to play "a game" which makes it, fundamentally, just another form of entertainment- and my awareness of the billion's of dollars generated by the professional fandom becomes funneled into the hands of the coddled John Rocker, Micheal Vick and Kenny Powers types is just a hideous thought. I'm sure there are plenty of decent guys in pro-sports, but for what they make they all should be. Couple that with strikes and negotiations disputes and watching "billionaires and millionaires" quibble over percentages and then sapping local municipal tax bases for new stadiums in urban areas that could really use the funds elsewhere and . . . well, you see where one might look upon professional sports entertainment with an annoyed if not bitter eye.

Lastly, in the South (especially in SEC country), pro-sports was considered the realm of the uneducated and/or blue-collar populous (with MLB being the lone exception) and that stigma is still there for those at the leading edge of gen X and older. It's a silly notion but one that just became engrained in the culture then- you were Auburn people, a Vols household or "house divided" 'gator and 'dawg family . . .etc.

The irony in this blue-collar vs alumni sports fan model is that going to a pro-event invariably costs more than a college event, by several fold. Sadly, most schools (my alma mater being one of the few exceptions) lose money with college sports, even football.

TL;DR:
Can you tell I am bored out of my mind watching little girls scream and skate.

See, I am the opposite. I love College sports but I just can't get into pro sports.

I was so happy when Alabama got beat by TAMU this weekend. I'm glad those assholes had their season ruined.

have to go in today. Them kids are off from school too. Thnnkfully the wife got up with them and let me sleep in till 8:30 at least.

Have to work Thanksgiving as well. Tempted to hit Wal-Mart on my way home. Although, I'll likely just see the packed parking lot, and think "this isn't worth it." and turn around.

Today is a holiday here, but I took the rest of the week off too. Love it, go back to work on Monday and oh look, it's a short week.

Weird, I kept thinking Thanksgiving was the last Thursday in the month; seems my vacation schedule is moving up a week. :lol:

And Wal-Mart can suck after 11pm; sometimes you go in there and they have one cash register line open... and that's when some lady forgets her driver's license and wants to write a check. :wall:

--

Yes, H3llbring3r, that does NOT look good.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Weird, I kept thinking Thanksgiving was the last Thursday in the month; seems my vacation schedule is moving up a week. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah don't you have all of December off or something?

Walmart is a bitch and a half to shop after standard hours here. It's the one long ass normal checkout and the self checkout line. However that self checkout is always occupied by the moron with a full cart that went there because it was a short line but has zero clue how the machine works but has too much pride to admit it. As it takes them over half an hour to complete the task you glare at them and wonder if they give actual checkers a hard time. You know, the checkers that would have had them out the door 25 minutes ago.

[quote name='Maklershed']Oh yeah don't you have all of December off or something?[/QUOTE]

Usually about half of it. Probably would've been more had I not taken random weeks off during the course of the year. :cool:

Agreed on the Wal-Mart. I made the mistake of going in there right before midnight back when I was getting off at 2330. If you try to check out right at midnight you have to wait while their whole system resets.
That along with just one checkout open, and that checker doubles as floor mopper or something.

Looks like 3 of 5 people are possibly sick here. So....I'll be staying home.
(I earn about 10 hours of vacation time per pay period so it all balances out)

Whenever I go to Walmart after standard hours there are usually at least two lanes open and whenever I get to the checkout, there is MAYBE one guy in each line ahead of me.

In other news, I was in the political section of the forum and a guy (who was...displeased at my comments) said that "the OTT must not be doing their job" because I'm still in here.

You're all famous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back