The state of men's fashion

[quote name='Layziebones']Yeah, this is Cheap Ass Gamer, not Cheap Ass Person.[/QUOTE]

It's not cheap ass, it's just smart. If no one can tell the difference between the $20 jeans and the $200 ones then what difference does it make?

I think Polo's are pretty generic and boring. There's plenty of awesome (long sleeve specifically) shirts out there though. I personally love stripes, especially contrasting stripes. Like a dark shirt with thin neon green stripes... or a let's say a fairly light shirt with dark blue or purple stripes.. something like that. As far as pants go, you can get decent pants just about anywhere. I like TJ Maxx, what's the other one called.... ah it doesn't matter pants aren't hard to find. For me the biggest problems are jackets and shoes. I don't really wear hats that often but a good hat is also hard to find. I'll try to find links to some of my favorite clothes.

I found one link. International Concepts is awesome (INC).

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/index.ognc?CategoryID=31776&PageID=31776*1*24*-1*-1&kw=INC%20International%20Concepts&LinkType=EverGreen

I can't find my favorite shirt on that site but most of their stuff is great. Take a look at the Zimbabwe, Aura, Jungle, etc shirts.

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/index.ognc?CategoryID=36279&PageID=36279*1*24*-1*-1&CURRENT_PAGE=1

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bigdaddy']It's not cheap ass, it's just smart. If no one can tell the difference between the $20 jeans and the $200 ones then what difference does it make?[/quote]I don't mean to be all high and mighty and come off as some sort of fashion savant (which I most certainly am not), but there are differences between clothes you can get from Target and say, Banana Republic.

The most obvious difference I've noted is in the way the clothes hold up to repeated washings and uses. Higher quality stuff just holds up far better. Fabrics tend to fade less, threads and seams hold together better longer and the fabrics don't "thin" out in areas of high wear and tear (elbows of jackets or the seats of pants).

Also, generally, higher end stuff has far better fit and tailoring even off the rack. It's not also the most obvious things that stand out with higher priced clothing. There are some details that are easily overlooked if you don't know to look for them. Armani shirts, for instance, have small detailing in the stitching. The panels on shirts are also made so they match (like shirts with striping).

It's true that most people can't tell the difference, but that's only a function of the familiarity of people have with the subject. The fact is more people shop at places like Target than they do at Banana Republic or Armani and that's fine. It's just really short-sighted to say or infer that just because there aren't glaring differences between a $20 and $200 clothing item, that there isn't a difference at all.

And on a more general note, America has one of the worst fashion-senses I've seen in my travels. It's unfortunate, but I see so many more people here that are sartorially challenged.

[quote name='strayfoxx']If you are in shape, I cannot stress the correct fit, style and size of jeans enough. Get to know a company, and their strengths, and what times of jeans best accentuate your body style and thats the foundation for a good wardrobe.

If you're a tall/slim person who does cardio get Guess Falcon Slim Fit Boot Cut. They cost around 70-110 but they are worth it. Gap makes shitty jeans.

7 for all Mankind also makes great jeans but they are way too pricey $170-220.

Also for dress pants, Express' Producer Pants are amazing. Tailored with a modern style. They look amazing.[/QUOTE]

Another good jean for tall slim folks are duckheads. My best pair of jeans was that brand and I got hem for $20 at TJ Maxx. The wife says that they are the best looking pants I have by far

[quote name='PhrostByte']I think Polo's are pretty generic and boring. There's plenty of awesome (long sleeve specifically) shirts out there though. I personally love stripes, especially contrasting stripes. Like a dark shirt with thin neon green stripes... or a let's say a fairly light shirt with dark blue or purple stripes.. something like that. As far as pants go, you can get decent pants just about anywhere. I like TJ Maxx, what's the other one called.... ah it doesn't matter pants aren't hard to find. For me the biggest problems are jackets and shoes. I don't really wear hats that often but a good hat is also hard to find. I'll try to find links to some of my favorite clothes.

I found one link. International Concepts is awesome (INC).

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/index.ognc?CategoryID=31776&PageID=31776*1*24*-1*-1&kw=INC%20International%20Concepts&LinkType=EverGreen

I can't find my favorite shirt on that site but most of their stuff is great. Take a look at the Zimbabwe, Aura, Jungle, etc shirts.

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/index.ognc?CategoryID=36279&PageID=36279*1*24*-1*-1&CURRENT_PAGE=1[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the links. Some of the shirts with sleeves could definitely look nice. I didn't know Macy's had any decent men's clothes, but I'll have to check them out soon.

I had a powder pink polo once... not in the "Icy Hot Stunnaz" fashion, but as a comedy piece.

I ironed a huge tyrannosaurus rex patch on it.

I wanted to get weird looks, but I think people thought I was legitimately retarded.

[quote name='Brak']I had a powder pink polo once... not in the "Icy Hot Stunnaz" fashion, but as a comedy piece.

I wanted to get weird looks, but I think people thought I was legitimately retarded.[/quote]

I chuckled at just the idea.

I saw someone on the Strip in MC Hammer genie pants, no shirt, and black sunglasses. It was horrendous.

And that was just last week.

[quote name='chasemurata']I chuckled at just the idea.

I saw someone on the Strip in MC Hammer genie pants, no shirt, and black sunglasses. It was horrendous.

And that was just last week.[/quote]
Only if by horrendous, you mean AWESOME.

[quote name='Brak']I had a powder pink polo once... not in the "Icy Hot Stunnaz" fashion, but as a comedy piece.

I wanted to get weird looks, but I think people thought I was legitimately retarded.[/QUOTE]

This is most excellent.

[quote name='jlseal']Only if by horrendous, you mean AWESOME.[/quote]

Oh man, I should have taken pictures with my phone. If only you saw the pelt. :fridge:

[quote name='chasemurata']I chuckled at just the idea.

And that was just last week.[/quote]

This is honestly how I read your post.

bread's done
Back