The "Stay Classy, Republicans" Super Nintendo Chalmers Thread

I like how Msut does not mentioned anything unconstitutional that was done under the Obama administration. Clearly salty that his corrupted hero was not elected. 

You voted for an inexperienced sex offender with the temperament of a toddler to stick it to half imaginary liberals?

Good to know for when he sides with Putin against NATO.

I think you are a hypocrite.
Ding ding ding.

Let's not act like Obama was a staunch defender of the constitution in any way. Maybe not as bad as Bush, but I seem to recall him undoing just about nothing that Bush got started. Still waiting for Gitmo to be closed.

You voted for an inexperienced sex offender with the temperament of a toddler to stick it to half imaginary liberals?

I'd hope that wouldn't be any of the primary reasons for a vote in that direction, but let's not be naive and think that these sort of people only "half exist". They exist, and there's a lot of them.

This is the perfect analogy for people on the right: it doesn't matter if they reduce the world to a mountain of rubble as long as they're standing at the top of it. Pitiful.
Yeah, let's just pretend we haven't had a whole lot of smug assholes in charge of the mainstream political discourse this election season, talking down to all the "deplorables".

Please. Get off your high horse and acknowledge that if Clinton won, the same people saying crap like this would be smiling ear to ear, having soundly defeated "those evil racist xenophobe bigots". All the proof you need is the absolute meltdown that's happened since his win, in wake of all the people who were so self-assured of their candidate winning getting a reality check.

Like it or not, Trump was the seemingly unpopular underdog. When that underdog wins, the people rooting for him or her get to enjoy that moment (it's only been less than a week), be gracious and deal with it.

We can worry about the "world turning into a mountain of rubble" when he actually gets into office and starts doing shit. Which I remind you is still over 2 months away.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Johnson is a sex offender? That's news to me.

This is the perfect analogy for people on the right: it doesn't matter if they reduce the world to a mountain of rubble as long as they're standing at the top of it. Pitiful.
This is what your little mind can't seem to grasp. You think that people on the right are just real life bad guys. Do you ever stop to think that they feel the same way about you, the progressive left?

I actually believe both parties have been ruining this country for a long time. Religious right with the hard on for a muscular foreign policy, progressive left with you can only agree with me otherwise you are a racist thinking. So you see to me it did not really matter who won in this election as we are just going on the same path but at least with Trump we get to have a bit of fun at your expense. Let me know if I need to break it down a bit further for you.

Bobby,
Would you support removing the electoral college or do you wish to keep it? Can you make an argument at all for why it should be relevant or what benefit it provides?

At some point you deserve to be talked down to.

Donald couldn't give an explanation of his views on the Nuclear Triad. On his 2nd try. He is pro torture. I could go on.

You guys own it. The fact that you guys are already saying "but Obama" or "I support hum but didn't vote for him" shows exactly how this is going to play out.

You have brought us W's 3rd term

Republicans were fooled...I don't even know why people are bothering to protest Trump.  They should just sit back and wait for his supporters to be disillusioned.

Trump promised to drain the swamp - Plans to appoint Washington insiders and investment bankers to his staff

Trump promised to repeal and replace ACA - he thinks part of it is great and will see if he can make a few small tweaks to it

Trump wants to build the wall - now admits part of it will be a fence

Trump won't live at the White House full time - he wants to continue the playboy lifestyle he's had up until now, sleeping in trump tower and his golf course in FL on weekends.

Trump said the election was rigged then won

http://www.npr.org/2016/11/13/501739277/who-benefits-from-donald-trumps-tax-plan
Trump says he will lower taxes and the poor get to mail a postcard that says "I win", he said he's lower taxes for the middle class, and he said that "rich guys like me" will pay more - he's planning on raising taxes for the poor and middle class by eliminating the lowest tax bracket, eliminating the personal exemption, and eliminating the head of household for single people with kids.  This proposal LOWERS taxes for the rich.

Yeah, let's just pretend we haven't had a whole lot of smug assholes in charge of the mainstream political discourse this election season, talking down to all the "deplorables".

Please. Get off your high horse and acknowledge that if Clinton won, the same people saying crap like this would be smiling ear to ear, having soundly defeated "those evil racist xenophobe bigots". All the proof you need is the absolute meltdown that's happened since his win, in wake of all the people who were so self-assured of their candidate winning getting a reality check.

Like it or not, Trump was the seemingly unpopular underdog. When that underdog wins, the people rooting for him or her get to enjoy that moment (it's only been less than a week), be gracious and deal with it.

We can worry about the "world turning into a mountain of rubble" when he actually gets into office and starts doing shit. Which I remind you is still over 2 months away.
You're going to have to a better argument than saying that we need to coddle racists.

Trump stopped being an underdog once he started taking out the other establishment Republicans during the primaries and he was never not popular. Government is not a fucking sport, so fuck that mess about letting people celebrate. We don't need to wait for the shitshow to happen because it's already begun, or do you somehow think that his picks for the transition team and cabinet mean nothing?

I might be on a horse, but I'm also keeping it 100. fuck that "both sides are the same" bullshit.

This is what your little mind can't seem to grasp. You think that people on the right are just real life bad guys. Do you ever stop to think that they feel the same way about you, the progressive left?

I actually believe both parties have been ruining this country for a long time. Religious right with the hard on for a muscular foreign policy, progressive left with you can only agree with me otherwise you are a racist thinking. So you see to me it did not really matter who won in this election as we are just going on the same path but at least with Trump we get to have a bit of fun at your expense. Let me know if I need to break it down a bit further for you.
Must be nice to not have any stakes in an election. I guess my mind is too small to understand what that is like. Sounds like a privilege of the white variety to me.

But like I said, this is the perfect analogy for people on the right: it doesn't matter if they reduce the world to a mountain of rubble as long as they're standing at the top of it. Pitiful.

What I want to know is why you thought typing all that out made a difference when you contradict yourself by saying that you "get to have a bit of fun at your expense." That's the whole point, genius.

If you can't tell the difference between Clinton and Trump, maybe you should put that brain of yours to some good use for a change and wonder how stupid that sounds instead of calling people stupid, stupid.

Must be nice to not have any stakes in an election. I guess my mind is too small to understand what that is like. Sounds like a privilege of the white variety to me.

But like I said, this is the perfect analogy for people on the right: it doesn't matter if they reduce the world to a mountain of rubble as long as they're standing at the top of it. Pitiful.

What I want to know is why you thought typing all that out made a difference when you contradict yourself by saying that you "get to have a bit of fun at your expense." That's the whole point, genius.

If you can't tell the difference between Clinton and Trump, maybe you should put that brain of yours to some good use for a change and wonder how stupid that sounds instead of calling people stupid, stupid.
Well based on your answer it is clear to me that your mind really is that small. I live in this country just like you do, it is my home and the well being of this nation is very dear to me. Also I am not white, we had this conversation numerous times.

Can you elaborate on how I contradict myself?

Oh there is a minor difference, I have explained this to you a long time ago a few pages back. With Clinton I know for sure what we are getting. With Trump its an unknown and who knows, he might actually be the most liberal president in the last few decades or he might just be plain bad. What I do know is that you are still a dimwit and there is a good reason why shitty Hilary lost, you liberals just can't seem to understand.

Try using your words like a big boy.
Also there is a better chance of Trump releasing his tax returns than governing like a liberal.

Well based on your answer it is clear to me that your mind really is that small. I live in this country just like you do, it is my home and the well being of this nation is very dear to me. Also I am not white, we had this conversation numerous times.

Can you elaborate on how I contradict myself?

Oh there is a minor difference, I have explained this to you a long time ago a few pages back. With Clinton I know for sure what we are getting. With Trump its an unknown and who knows, he might actually be the most liberal president in the last few decades or he might just be plain bad. What I do know is that you are still a dimwit and there is a good reason why shitty Hilary lost, you liberals just can't seem to understand.
:googles Trump Cabinet:

Yeah man, he's going to be the most liberal president in the last few decades.:roll:

But I'm the dimwit. :rofl:

If I'm what you consider a dimwit, I take it as a compliment because I'd hate to be the type of person you think is an enlightened "thinker." I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering your history of "rigorous" research on subjects.

Try using your words like a big boy.
Also there is a better chance of Trump releasing his tax returns than governing like a liberal.
I dont even...

:googles Trump Cabinet:

Yeah man, he's going to be the most liberal president in the last few decades. :roll:

But I'm the dimwit. :rofl:

If I'm what you consider a dimwit, I take it as a compliment because I'd hate to be the type of person you think is an enlightened "thinker." I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering your history of "rigorous" research on subjects.
Ok lets see Guiliani, Christie, Rick Scott. Last I checked they hardly leaders of the conservative movement. Then you have his desire to keep the great parts of ACA, decision to keep the EPA. Again all of this just keeps proving my point that the guy is not a conservative. So again he is an unknown.

Thinker, lets see... Thomas Jefferson and Calvin Coolidge if you want a historical figure. Ron Paul, Peter Thiel if you want something modern.

Tell me again about this rigorous research? Last I checked you still think I am white and racist. Everytime I ask you to point out exactly how I am racist you just post a meme. Maybe next time dimwit.

He is already on record saying that he is happy because this really sticks to the libs. They own this
Pretty much. Anyone with an ounce of intellectual honestly could see that Trump isn't pivoting to the left, muchless the center. To even throw that out there is ignorant at best, if not outright delusional.

Underoos needs to pass me some of that ganja cause he is on some GOOOODA sheeeiiit..

Ah yes, the infamous denial of a liberal. I assume you guys did not win the presidential prediction pool? Please do not change, I want republicans to keep winning in 2018 and 2020. 

Edit: Do not forget Brexit. In a world we live in I think its safe to say that Trump is a bit unpredictable but hey you guys keep watching Van Jones. 

I dont even...

Ok lets see Guiliani, Christie, Rick Scott. Last I checked they hardly leaders of the conservative movement. Then you have his desire to keep the great parts of ACA, decision to keep the EPA. Again all of this just keeps proving my point that the guy is not a conservative. So again he is an unknown.

Thinker, lets see... Thomas Jefferson and Calvin Coolidge if you want a historical figure. Ron Paul, Peter Thiel if you want something modern.

Tell me again about this rigorous research? Last I checked you still think I am white and racist. Everytime I ask you to point out exactly how I am racist you just post a meme. Maybe next time dimwit.
First off, in what world are Guliani, Christie, Scoot, Priebus, and Bannon NOT fucking conservatives? Secondly, how convenient of you to NOT INCLUDE Priebus, Chairman of the Republican National Committee, who was chosen as the Chief of Staff, and Bannon, a Breitbart executive, who was chosen as his Chief Strategist. Trump already has two leaders of the conservative movement on his fucking staff. Tell me again how Trump isn't conservative again? So what if he likes two parts of the ACA and wants to keep the EPA around if he appoints people of the same ilk. Hell, why not appoint the CEO of BP as the head of the EPA to undo all the environmental regulations so energy companies can poison communities for a buck. You're the human centipede of intellectual dishonesty.

I've told you countless times how you're racist and the fact that you seem to have selective amnesia is your own damn problem. But I take solace in the fact that I've at least taught you proper grammar, so you do have the ability to be trained by a liberal.

First off, in what world are Guliani, Christie, Scoot, Priebus, and Bannon NOT fucking conservatives? Secondly, how convenient of you to NOT INCLUDE Priebus, Chairman of the Republican National Committee, who was chosen as the Chief of Staff, and Bannon, a Breitbart executive, who was chosen as his Chief Strategist. Trump already has two leaders of the conservative movement on his fucking staff. Tell me again how Trump isn't conservative again? So what if he likes two parts of the ACA and wants to keep the EPA around if he appoints people of the same ilk. Hell, why not appoint the CEO of BP as the head of the EPA to undo all the environmental regulations so energy companies can poison communities for a buck. You're the human centipede of intellectual dishonesty.

I've told you countless times how you're racist and the fact that you seem to have selective amnesia is your own damn problem. But I take solace in the fact that I've at least taught you proper grammar, so you do have the ability to be trained by a liberal.
Holy shit. Now I see that you do not even know what a conservative is. I assume you have heard of RINOs, yes? Yeah those guys are RINOs. Priebus is an establishment tool and I actually do not know much about Bannon but I despise his news site. Now those guys were rewarded because they stuck with him but lets get back to the point, how Trump is not a conservative.

You see a conservative is someone who believes in a limited government and somewhat tolerant socially but religion does come into play for most of them. So if we had lets say Rand Paul win the WH, he wouldn't go around saying we are going to keep parts of ACA or we are going to build a wall across the border. No, actual conservatives do not think single payer system is great or that we need to go around knocking on people's doors to see if they are illegal. Actual conservatives do not want to have a big brother state where a government can hear all your conversations. I really suggest you read about conservatism before you start throwing it around like that, really weakens your argument. Also a CEO of BP is the same ilk? Well now you are just proving my point that Trump is not a conservative but an opportunist and most likely just a business man. I doubt he cares about ideology unless it makes him money.

See there we go again, you call me a racist but you can't seem to explain why. Last time I have asked you just said "I am not going to go through a bunch of pages just to find the answer" so do you know or do you not? Sorry guy but you are just a dumbass who doesn't even understand the people you hate. In other words a typical progressive liberal.

Holy shit. Now I see that you do not even know what a conservative is. I assume you have heard of RINOs, yes? Yeah those guys are RINOs. Priebus is an establishment tool and I actually do not know much about Bannon but I despise his news site. Now those guys were rewarded because they stuck with him but lets get back to the point, how Trump is not a conservative.

You see a conservative is someone who believes in a limited government and somewhat tolerant socially but religion does come into play for most of them. So if we had lets say Rand Paul win the WH, he wouldn't go around saying we are going to keep parts of ACA or we are going to build a wall across the border. No, actual conservatives do not think single payer system is great or that we need to go around knocking on people's doors to see if they are illegal. Actual conservatives do not want to have a big brother state where a government can hear all your conversations. I really suggest you read about conservatism before you start throwing it around like that, really weakens your argument. Also a CEO of BP is the same ilk? Well now you are just proving my point that Trump is not a conservative but an opportunist and most likely just a business man. I doubt he cares about ideology unless it makes him money.

See there we go again, you call me a racist but you can't seem to explain why. Last time I have asked you just said "I am not going to go through a bunch of pages just to find the answer" so do you know or do you not? Sorry guy but you are just a dumbass who doesn't even understand the people you hate. In other words a typical progressive liberal.
You know, I met a man once. His name was Macleod. He was born and raised in Scotland...never even left the country, but he said he was no true scotsman because he never wore a kilt.

Thats a great story. I met an actual liberal once, he was anti war and for privacy rights. He died.
is-arkadaslari-tarafindan-sevilmemek-geri-plana-atilmak.gif

61423535.jpg

tumblr_mohyl93Yyf1ru3htzo5_250.gif

In all honesty this is one of the key differences pillsbury talked about. Leftists of the modern age like to personally attack a person when they realize they lose on substance. It is truly a shame that there is not going to be a strong and genuine democratic opposition for the next couple of years. 

What was it you said about posting memes in this thread? Thats right. #NeverChange #Trump2020
I figured that since words were too complicated for you, pictures might help. I think I may have overestimated you though. It's something that a true scotsman would've never missed, but you're no true scotsman.

edit: You know what, I'm embarrassed for you even if you're not. Here: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=no+true+scotsman

I figured that since words were too complicated for you, pictures might help. I think I may have overestimated you though. It's something that a true scotsman would've never missed, but you're no true scotsman.
What do you expect me to do? Quote your own post and redirect it back to you, that shit would be missed on you. You cannot even comprehend the fact that republican party has different factions. You keep throwing things at me and I deflected all of them because all you do is repeat the same bs that you saw on MSNBC. Again you liberals dont even get why you lost the election. A fucking shame.

In all honesty this is one of the key differences pillsbury talked about. Leftists of the modern age like to personally attack a person when they realize they lose on substance. It is truly a shame that there is not going to be a strong and genuine democratic opposition for the next couple of years.
Personally attack someone? Me? Was this before or after you said I had a little mind and am a dimwit? Does that make you a hypocrite?

What do you expect me to do? Quote your own post and redirect it back to you, that shit would be missed on you. You cannot even comprehend the fact that republican party has different factions. You keep throwing things at me and I deflected all of them because all you do is repeat the same bs that you saw on MSNBC. Again you liberals dont even get why you lost the election. A fucking shame.
How are you going to throw my post back at me when you have absolutely no idea what it means? I don't know if it's because english is a second language for you or not, but you have some serious reading comprehension issues and this is on top of already being intellectually dishonest.

Btw, I don't have cable and there are lots of reasons why Hillary lost that had nothing to do with conservatives. I even mentioned a few of them in my posts the day after the election! ON THE SAME PAGES THAT YOU HAVE POSTS ON.

Keep tilting at windmills, son.

Personally attack someone? Me? Was this before or after you said I had a little mind and am a dimwit? Does that make you a hypocrite?

How are you going to throw my post back at me when you have absolutely no idea what it means? I don't know if it's because english is a second language for you or not, but you have some serious reading comprehension issues and this is on top of already being intellectually dishonest.

Btw, I don't have cable and there are lots of reasons why Hillary lost that had nothing to do with conservatives. I even mentioned a few of them in my posts the day after the election! ON THE SAME PAGES THAT YOU HAVE POSTS ON.

Keep tilting at windmills, son.
Oh that was after all the name calling you have been throwing ever since I have joined this forum. If you recall I even tried to be more polite but you just could not play nice. There is a point when you realize that an asshole needs some of his own medicine because rationality is just wasted on him.

Well perhaps you can help me then since English is my third language. From what I understand it the term defines someone after the fact in order for it to appear it a better light. Perhaps I am wrong as I honestly I think I have heard this term once or twice in my life, probably sometime when I was in school. So I guess I could have thrown it at you since you think liberals are so much superior and yet they were just as bad as republicans of the Bush era. Does the term apply?

Are you talking about the post where you just called Trump baby hands? I just went back and read it. 2 of those paragraphs are just spent attacking Trump. One paragraph mentions the ground game and Warren not endorsing Clinton. Seriously is this all you have or is there another post?

Edit: Ok I see another post where you say they should tell it like it is. Yeah that might have helped if you guys had a genuine candidate but even though you still would have lost this particular election. Obama was a failure even by liberal standards. ACA is shit. Foreign policy is shit. Bernie was a better chance in a sense that he was honest and down to earth but socialism is actually not that popular. Sorry but again one of the major reasons why you guys lost besides the fact that you guys are no longer sticking to your values is that you guys are just plain assholes. Everyone who disagrees with you are labeled as racists, homophobes and etc. Shit you called me a racist and you don't even remember why. I actually remember, it was because I am against welfare programs as I think of them to be unethical and think social safety nets should exist through private means. I remember that because I was thinking to myself holy shit this guy is fucking irrational.

See everyone.

They had no choice but to vote for the inexperienced game show host who likes to grab vaginas without consent. Because liberals are mean.

Somehow how though Hilary still received more votes.

Ha no choice.. that is a good one Msut. You should be a political commentator next to Van Jones. 

Of all the people in this forum I want to go knock knock on your head and ask if anyone is home. You really are something else Msut. 

And both of you completely miss why politics has utterly failed in this country since you are both doing it

Stop with the 'all liberals say and do this' 'all conservatives really think this', stop with the fuckin team shit already and generalizations of people. Go back to the issue at hand and talk to that person. The moment you start anything with a generalization the other person will immediately tune it out, because they are an individual and you've just tried to attack them by lumping them in with an entire group of people

Even when your amongst 'like minded' individuals that shit gets annoying as hell

And both of you completely miss why politics has utterly failed in this country since you are both doing it

Stop with the 'all liberals say and do this' 'all conservatives really think this', stop with the fuckin team shit already and generalizations of people. Go back to the issue at hand and talk to that person. The moment you start anything with a generalization the other person will immediately tune it out, because they are an individual and you've just tried to attack them by lumping them in with an entire group of people

Even when your amongst 'like minded' individuals that shit gets annoying as hell
You have just described my point that I have been making on these forums for the last two years. These guys just can't get it through their head. They do not seem to understand that people can be different and you cannot always lump them in the same group.

You have just described my point that I have been making on these forums for the last two years. These guys just can't get it through their head. They do not seem to understand that people can be different and you cannot always lump them in the same group.
When he said "both of you" I'm pretty sure he was including you in that...

I understand the sentiment but are supposed to get to individually know several hundred million people?

And that makes you righteous because you pretend to believe that?

I understand the sentiment but are supposed to get to individually know several hundred million people?

And that makes you righteous because you pretend to believe that?
No your not supposed to get to individually know several hundred million people, your supposed to avoid arguments that involve 'all of you such and such' because it provides nothing to your argument and turns away the other person from engaging

Bobby,
Would you support removing the electoral college or do you wish to keep it? Can you make an argument at all for why it should be relevant or what benefit it provides?

At some point you deserve to be talked down to.

Donald couldn't give an explanation of his views on the Nuclear Triad. On his 2nd try. He is pro torture. I could go on.

You guys own it. The fact that you guys are already saying "but Obama" or "I support hum but didn't vote for him" shows exactly how this is going to play out.

You have brought us W's 3rd term
Why are you bringing the electoral college into this? Absolutely nothing I said could be tied into that.

Is it because you're hoping I'll give you the kind of answer that you can use to dismiss my opinion outright?

If you want my real feelings:
The electoral college's purpose is to represent landscapes across America (giving a bare minimum of 3 electoral votes to places that would otherwise be ignored) and currently serves to make Middle America feel like their voice isn't drowned out by the coasts (which it shouldn't be). In that regard, it's a success, but it's far from perfect. That said, I would be amenable to its abolishing, if and only if certain assurances/safeguards were provided, given the weight of significance being added to the popular vote.
That said, if you think the popular vote de-legitimatizes the results, it doesn't. Everyone went in knowing that this is the way the system is, and thus people in historically overwhelming coloured states (one way or the other), did not bother to come out to vote.

The analogy I heard that I liked the most was saying the Indians should have won the World Series just because they scored more runs. Doesn't matter, that's not how the game is or has ever been played.

If you have a problem with it, you and your local politicians had 8 years to try and do something about it. But they didn't.

I wasn't talking about Trump's views at all. My comments are simply against the holier-than-thou rhetoric currently being espoused.

I've only said "but Obama" where it's been relevant. It's a genuine criticism of those going off about "MY CONSTITUTION!" when seemingly they did not raise the same concerns during the past 8 years, which is why none of the shit Bush did has seemed to go away (the same people defending Obama often going "BUT BUSH!" ironically). And I don't say this because I supported McCain or Romney (I never did) either.

In contrast to that, I have and will own my vote. I did vote for Trump. And keep in mind, whatever happens next, good or bad, isn't 100% my fault, but also the fault of our political system and the extremely flawed candidate brought by the other major party. I am more than willing to accept my share of credit or blame though. I hope for the best, and I will do my best to hold my candidate responsible.

You're going to have to a better argument than saying that we need to coddle racists.

Trump stopped being an underdog once he started taking out the other establishment Republicans during the primaries and he was never not popular. Government is not a fucking sport, so fuck that mess about letting people celebrate. We don't need to wait for the shitshow to happen because it's already begun, or do you somehow think that his picks for the transition team and cabinet mean nothing?

I might be on a horse, but I'm also keeping it 100. fuck that "both sides are the same" bullshit.
Wow. It's almost like you actually believe that no one could have any other reason to vote for Trump other than "WHITE POWER!". I guess ~10% of African-Americans, and ~30% of Hispanics (both more than Romney, iirc) are Klansmen on the downlow. How horrifying.

Criticizing racists is not an unpopular opinion, it is not anything new, it does not make you an amazing person.

He was the underdog when the majority of pollsters (outside of LA Times and IBD), media pundits, celebrities (still not sure why they are considered defacto political experts given the obvious conflict of interest) and news outlets had him pegged for absolutely no way in hell winning.

How many times were his unfavourability ratings quoted during the campaign? Past a certain point, he was argued to only be popular with rednecks, racists and misogynists.

"Government is not a fucking sport". Where have you been? It's absolutely become one, at least in terms of the Presidential race. Blame the two-party system.

All that's happened (outside of his appointments of Priebus and Bannon) is rumours, and if you think the protests (which are largely against him being President at all, #notmypresident) are going to change anything in regard to his picks, I don't know what to tell you. Trump isn't going to be strongarmed like that by people who continue to not respect him or his win, that's obvious. The best we can do is throw out actually good picks to him and voice public support for them. Is that what you're doing? That's what I'm doing.

Never once said both sides are the same (still closer than you think, though). I'm just asking a vocal part of one side to stop being so damn condescending.

This, this, this. Thank you. The echo chambers definitely played their part in this election cycle. It's just that one type of echo chambers is more in the mainstream/fashionable than the other.

Generalizing is intellectually lazy, and I get the instinct to do it (even as someone closer to the middle in this country), but we need to do better than that.

I saw that video Silky posted, and even though I imagine I don't agree with a lot of that guy's politics, I agree 100% with his argument.

Yes, there are some people who exist who fit your broadstrokes, but to just assume that is the average person leaning towards that side or even the majority, is a dangerous mistake to make and it's how moderates become radicals.

I just hope that the people who are doubling down and not doing a real assessment of what happened outside of "OH MY GOD, THIS COUNTRY IS CLEARLY FULL OF EVIL RACISTS" wake up sometime between now and the next election. Because otherwise, you're getting the same exact result, if not more so.

bread's done
Back