The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V5! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

This is a Wiki post. Please read this
We appreciate you helping keep this thread up to date. The sales change virtually every day so no one person has the time to update them all. If you notice a game is no longer on sale, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see a game is on sale, add it to the list. Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.
for instructions on updating the thread.

Steam Games and DLC on Sale - Updated 12/16

Daily Deal(s)

Midweek Madness Deal(s) Weekend Deal(s)

Other Deals

Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 9/23

Amazon
  • Amazon - Preorders

• Amazon - Current Deals

GamersGate

Greenman Gaming

Preorder Deals - Updated 10/28
Group Buys - Updated 8/14

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff - Updated 4/3

There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card.
The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Which retail CD Keys are accepted on Steam?

All retail Valve games and a number of third-party games can be registered to your Steam account. All of the following games can be registered through Steam:
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: ####-#####-####
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • AI War CD Keys in various formats
  • Aliens vs. Predator (2010 Release) CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Alpha Prime CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Audiosurf CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • BRINK CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is not accepted on Steam
  • Cities in Motion CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Civilization V CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Cricket Revolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys may also have been printed incorrectly, please see the Dark Messiah article
  • Darksiders CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: The number 2 and letter Z may look very similar.
  • Dawn of War II CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dawn of War II - Retribution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Defense Grid CD Keys in this format (Direct2Drive only): 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Duke Nukem Forever CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Empire: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-DDEFGH3-IJK4L-MNOPQ-RST56
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • F.E.A.R. 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Fallout: New Vegas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2010 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2011 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Front Mission Evolved CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Global Agenda CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Keys purchased directly from the Global Agenda website cannot be registered on Steam.
  • GTI Racing CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • GTR Evolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Homefront CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Humble Indie Bundle in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 2 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 3 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Just Cause 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Please input all O's and 0's as Q's for Just Cause 2
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Killing Floor CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Last Remnant CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lionheart: Kings' Crusade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Colonies Edition CD Keys are not accepted on Steam
  • Mafia 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Magicka CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Metro 2033 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • MLB Front Office Manager CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: Warband CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • NBA 2K9 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Napoleon: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Order of War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Prey CD Keys in this format: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
  • R.U.S.E. CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: R.U.S.E. keys from Ubisoft's Digital River service are not accepted on Steam
  • RACE - the WTCC Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • RACE 07 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ragdoll Kung Fu CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Railworks CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Red Orchestra CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Rogue Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • SiN Episodes: Emergence CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Saint's Row 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Serious Sam HD CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Shattered Horizon CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Ship CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ship Simulator Extremes CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Silent Hill Homecoming CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Space Trader CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Speedball 2 - Tournament in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Star Trek: D-A-C CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • STCC - The Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Super Meat Boy CD keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Supreme Commander 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Torchlight CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Note: Only keys purchased directly from Runic Games or Perfect World prior to May 19th, 2010 can be registered on Steam.
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Unreal Tournament 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2-3FGH-456I-K8LM
  • Velvet Assassin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings in this format: AB-1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM
  • Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • X3: Terran Conflict CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Zeno Clash CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
Opposing Force CD-keys cannot be registered through Steam. Opposing Force was included in a retail Half-Life package. The Half-Life CD-key included in the package will unlock all of the games in that package, including Opposing Force.
Note: Only the retail games listed above can be registered through Steam. No other retail games can be registered and downloaded using Steam.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

The Ball (bought @D2D and tested by voken)
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon and tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Necrotron']They're probably just setting up in anticipation of selling them for $2.50 each on sale.[/QUOTE]

Which is still overpriced. Usually I find Steam's prices better than GOG's but in this case GOG wins if you can manage to get them for 50%-60% off on GOG. I got them when they were 60% off.

Can anybody recommend a Planetside 2 video series? I'm gonna try it out. I missed out on Planetside 1 and SOE gives me goose bumps remembering my EQ and SWG days. Ah the memories.
Plus I heard its DESTROYS your CPU, so I'm interested in doing a little stress testing. My CPU isn't even that good, but I'd like to see what my computer does.

[quote name='sunghost']Which is still overpriced. Usually I find Steam's prices better than GOG's but in this case GOG wins if you can manage to get them for 50%-60% off on GOG. I got them when they were 60% off.[/QUOTE]

They will end up bundling them all together for 5 bucks or something like that. At least I hope

[quote name='Motoki']Moldy Oldy Tomb Raiders are up. Supposedly they work with Windows 7 or so the store page says. I already have the remakes so not sure if there's much point in these.

I used to own them on disc ages and ages ago but I have no flipping clue where that disc is now.[/QUOTE]

I used to own them all on disk, probably thew them out years ago. Eh, I can't see myself playing through them again anyway (although I do still have the Anniversary disk, so maybe one day). I love how they conveniently left out Angel of Darkness, by far the worst of the TR games. I beat it just because it was a TR game and for no other reason, it was awful.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']They will end up bundling them all together for 5 bucks or something like that. At least I hope[/QUOTE]

Seems possible, but they've never bundled any of the other Tomb Raider games together.. so that'd be a first.

[quote name='louiedog']Today's deal is Droplitz at 80% off ($0.99[/QUOTE]

I wasn't a fan of this game. It felt very fiddly just spinning those pipes around and there wasn't a lot of variety in the game. It also seems to get difficult rather quickly and with no payoff in terms of new gameplay... I didn't see the point other than it being an exercise in frustration. I'm a fan of most arcade puzzlers but this one didn't stick with me.

[quote name='Necrotron']Also of note today, Double Fine (creators of Psyconauts, Brutal Legend, Stacking) is livestreaming all week on their development process for their annual 'create new ideas' prototypes they're making.

http://www.twitch.tv/doublefine

It's also a Humble Bundle you can buy into to get Brazen + the new prototypes being created now on Steam, pay what you want.

I'll be watching this on and off today.[/QUOTE]

I'm loving this. Right now the designer of Hack & Slash is laying out almost every beat of the first dungeon. I'm really impressed with his vision having 95% of the puzzles and tools prepared. When I watched his pitch video it seemed cool, but vague. Now, I'll donate after hearing what he's saying now.

Be Mine 6 is looking pretty good. Looks like it includes at least Worms Reloaded, Ceville, Eschalon: Book I, Terminator Salvation, Gorky 17, Two Worlds, Earth 2160 (guesses)

How on earth does Terminator Salvation get into a bundle? Generally when licensed games get pulled it's because the license was revoked or resold, and nobody has the rights to sell it anymore. That's weird.

[quote name='Corpekata']How on earth does Terminator Salvation get into a bundle? Generally when licensed games get pulled it's because the license was revoked or resold, and nobody has the rights to sell it anymore. That's weird.[/QUOTE]
The robot things looks like they're from terminator, but might not be.

[quote name='jatan11t']The robot things looks like they're from terminator, but might not be.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's EYE I've been waiting for that to hit a bundle

[quote name='Necrotron']Looks like the Bridge Constructor development team on Greenlight is giving away their game for free in hopes that people will vote them up on Greenlight in exchange.

Announcement Page:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/100398757

Download Link:
http://download.headupgames.com/downloads/BridgeConstructor_install_v1_2.zip[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link. I'm more interested in Bridge It (coming to IndieFort on Gamersgate soon), but for the low, low price of free, I'll check this out, probably this week.

[quote name='Motoki']Moldy Oldy Tomb Raiders are up. Supposedly they work with Windows 7 or so the store page says. I already have the remakes so not sure if there's much point in these.

I used to own them on disc ages and ages ago but I have no flipping clue where that disc is now.[/QUOTE]
That is quite a bit for the old Tomb Raiders. I have to agree that GOG has Steam beat on this one - I cannot imagine paying $10 each for those old titles, but I could see the temptation of grabbing the two- or three-game GOG Bundles at very-reasonable sale prices.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Maybe it's EYE I've been waiting for that to hit a bundle[/QUOTE]

Nope, I've played EYE and it definitely isn't that.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Nope, I've played EYE and it definitely isn't that.[/QUOTE]

It's Earth 2140

I think the full list is:

Eschalon Book 1
Worms Reloaded
Two Worlds
Ceville
Gorky 17
Earth 2140/2160
Paranormal
Dawn of Fantasy

[quote name='Idiotekque']I'm a big fan of Atmosphere and how he plays with words, and although Sir Frontalot generally just does silly stuff, the guy is pretty damn good and reminds me a lot of Atmosphere was his phrasing and stuff. Plus he makes me laugh, so hey.[/QUOTE]

Atmosphere is one of the great duos in hiphop for sure. the dude is unique but his emceeing could definitely see some improvement. not in a bad way but just leaves something to be desired. Slug is always clean with his delivery, super influential to me

[quote name='windsmere']Atmosphere is a they not a he. Slug and Anthony. One MC and one DJ.[/QUOTE]
lol yup. Ant is a beast and underrated in how vivid his beats are, they work so well with storytelling. When Life Gives You Lemons has to be one of the best produced albums in the last 5 years

[quote name='sunghost']It's Earth 2140

Eschalon Book 1
Worms Reloaded
Two Worlds
Ceville
Gorky 17
Earth 2140/2160
Paranormal
Dawn of Fantasy[/QUOTE]

You're right. It must be a cutscene because the game is isometric. *bummed*
0.jpg

Looks like the Tomb Raider releases are the same version as GOG, as there are reports that the download includes the gogwrap.exe file and the config files the same. So they should work exactly like they do on GOG, which is to say they work fine with Windows 7 / Windows 8. Personally, I think that is a good thing.

[quote name='Necrotron']Also of note today, Double Fine (creators of Psyconauts, Brutal Legend, Stacking) is livestreaming all week on their development process for their annual 'create new ideas' prototypes they're making.

http://www.twitch.tv/doublefine

It's also a Humble Bundle you can buy into to get Brazen + the new prototypes being created now on Steam, pay what you want.

I'll be watching this on and off today.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting. Hack n' Slash, The White Birch, and Autonomous look really interesting.

[quote name='sunghost']It's Earth 2140

Eschalon Book 1
Worms Reloaded
Two Worlds
Ceville
Gorky 17
Earth 2140/2160
Paranormal
Dawn of Fantasy[/QUOTE]

I've never even heard of half of those games.

[quote name='Triggerhappy14']I have a DOTA 2 steam gift if anyone wants it. Just quote this post with your steam ID so I can friend you and first one to do so will get it.[/QUOTE]

This offer is still out there.

[quote name='Triggerhappy14']This offer is still out there.[/QUOTE]

I'll take it if no one else wants to. Steam ID is the same as all my others. QuantamPulse.

[quote name='MC Kage']lol yup. Ant is a beast and underrated in how vivid his beats are, they work so well with storytelling. When Life Gives You Lemons has to be one of the best produced albums in the last 5 years[/QUOTE]

When Life Gives You Lemons is almost 5 years old! Seems impossible. Where do the years go? #-o

[quote name='jshackles']So they should work exactly like they do on GOG, which is to say they work fine with Windows 7 / Windows 8. Personally, I think that is a good thing.[/QUOTE]

The GOG version of Gorky 17 worked anything but fine, it's quite infamous for having problems and it doesn't look like they ever solved them. Don't buy the bundle for this game, or at least wait to hear some experiences of people who already tried it.

[quote name='jatan11t']Be Mine 6 is looking pretty good. Looks like it includes at least Worms Reloaded, Ceville, Eschalon: Book I, Terminator Salvation, Gorky 17, Two Worlds, Earth 2160 (guesses)[/QUOTE]

Hm, I could be interested for Ceville. Eschalon is pretty rough, though. Like, mega old-school and pretty fugly. The first game has this annoying thing where you can't even play it in full screen. It's like this tiny window.

If Eschalon Book 2 is in the bundle, I would be more likely to bite.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I might be the only person that cares, but...

Winter Voices is back on Steam!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/72900/[/QUOTE]

Nah, you must've missed the post a couple of weeks ago. Someone here announced that it was back on Steam, and I can say I'm pretty excited, although I grabbed the series on GamersGate.

I've had Ceville for a few years now and have yet to even install it. So many games...

Droplitz, on the other hand, I HAVE played, and I liked it. I probably paid $2.50 for it and was not disappointed. For a buck, it's totally worth playing it until you finally achieve that one Zen-like game where you keep it going for over a half an hour and the points skyrocket.

[quote name='Genocidal']IndieFaceKick Shutdown, Postmortem, and Accusations: http://site.gamingallthetime.com/gamerx-stories/ifk-the-end-aftermath-espionage-and-whats-next[/QUOTE]

When this was first linked, I thought those were the titles of games in their latest endeavor. I was going to comment that it sounded like they had gone kaput, and then the responses began.

[quote name='Genocidal']I feel an NBA Jam TE romhack with Hello Kitty characters coming.[/QUOTE]

For all the hidden characters in that game, I wouldn't have been surprised if she's actually in the code...

[quote name='Severose']Nah, you must've missed the post a couple of weeks ago. Someone here announced that it was back on Steam, and I can say I'm pretty excited, although I grabbed the series on GamersGate.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I fell out of this thread for a while, so I missed that announcement.

I'll definitely be hoping for a discount during the winter sale so I can pick up the remaining episodes.

[quote name='Pheace']The GOG version of Gorky 17 worked anything but fine, it's quite infamous for having problems and it doesn't look like they ever solved them. Don't buy the bundle for this game, or at least wait to hear some experiences of people who already tried it.[/QUOTE]

I played Gorky 17 when it first came out (as Odium) and I didn't have any problems then. I have it on GOG so I'll try it out again, I've been meaning to play. I played it once and it crashed during the first screens (where it shows the developers and other stuff), but the next time I played, I skipped that and it was able to start a game.

If I remember correctly, it was a pretty fun game if you like squad based/tactical RPG's. It reminded me of Septerra Core (although I didn't get very far into that game). There is very little freedom to explore - you mostly follow a set path and there are minor adventure elements (i.e., you find objects and have to use them in the right place, but it's pretty obvious when). One thing though, I made it almost to the end of the game and couldn't proceed. It turns out I had missed an object at the very beginning of the game and I was in no mood to go back. However, my memory's hazy on this point as I played it a long time ago. Still, if you play, you may want to consult a walkthrough.

[quote name='imac2much']Let's celebrate the end of the Autumn sale with some free games! Please post if you use it :)
Metro 2033: XZF6H-W2XHZ-X5L5A[/QUOTE]

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']Code taken, and no one claiming they did it :cry:. Appreciate the sharing though.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Preedatore']I tried to take it half hour ago, but that's when Steam started acting stupid for me. Guess I'll get it when that THQ humble rolls out.[/QUOTE]

Ok, as I was looking through my library I discover I now have this, even though when I attempted to redeem it Steam said it couldn't connect to server, or something to that effect.

So, in
image.php
, thanks for Metro 2033.

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']Zeno Clash K432E-CKQWW-2GIGA-ZT9TM-9W3N4
I continue the celebration.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! Thought it would have been taken by now (5 minutes in the internet is a long time). Installing the game now.

[quote name='Preedatore']
So, in
image.php
, thanks for Metro 2033.[/QUOTE]

Now I am jealous that I don't have a name that is associated with an image that can be substituted for using actual words and phrases.

I'm imaging threads of entire discussions made up entirely out of user avatar hieroglyphs.

[quote name='hal']I wasn't a fan of this game. It felt very fiddly just spinning those pipes around and there wasn't a lot of variety in the game. It also seems to get difficult rather quickly and with no payoff in terms of new gameplay... I didn't see the point other than it being an exercise in frustration. I'm a fan of most arcade puzzlers but this one didn't stick with me.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DPsycho']I've had Ceville for a few years now and have yet to even install it. So many games...

Droplitz, on the other hand, I HAVE played, and I liked it. I probably paid $2.50 for it and was not disappointed. For a buck, it's totally worth playing it until you finally achieve that one Zen-like game where you keep it going for over a half an hour and the points skyrocket.[/QUOTE]

I'm with D on this one (same thing with Ceville). Although I haven't gone back to it since 100%-ing it, I really enjoyed my time with it. Music's good too.

Droplitz was probably one of the first games I bought on Steam. Put about 8 hours into it. It is a decent enough puzzle game and probably worth the $1 they are charging.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Droplitz was probably one of the first games I bought on Steam. Put about 8 hours into it. It is a decent enough puzzle game and probably worth the $1 they are charging.[/QUOTE]

I have it on PSN. It's ok. Not the deepest puzzle game, and benefits more from speed than brains. If you're into puzzle games, it's worth the asking price. If not, I'd skip it even at a dollar.

Far Cry 3

Used a vpn and played for about 2 hours so far. Pretty freaking cool I have to say. It is quite beautiful and fun. So much stuff to do. Take over an outpost and you get a bunch of side quests plus all the exploring. I dig the wildlife stuff a lot. I was circling around a outpost to figure out how to take them out stealthy and next thing I know I hear a growl and turn around and see a tiger coming towards me. I run because I don't want to alert the outpost, so I run to it and the pirates in it had their backs to me at that moment and the tiger peeled off of me and went after them and killed them all and I killed the tiger

[quote name='Pheace']The GOG version of Gorky 17 worked anything but fine, it's quite infamous for having problems and it doesn't look like they ever solved them. Don't buy the bundle for this game, or at least wait to hear some experiences of people who already tried it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Gorky 17 is generally agreed upon as GOG's worst "restoration" effort, made even sillier by the fact that they technically own the developer. I had loads of issues with the cut scenes causing crashes, to the point where the only solution was to mash the SKIP SCENE key.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Far Cry 3

Used a vpn and played for about 2 hours so far. Pretty freaking cool I have to say. It is quite beautiful and fun. So much stuff to do. Take over an outpost and you get a bunch of side quests plus all the exploring. I dig the wildlife stuff a lot. I was circling around a outpost to figure out how to take them out stealthy and next thing I know I hear a growl and turn around and see a tiger coming towards me. I run because I don't want to alert the outpost, so I run to it and the pirates in it had their backs to me at that moment and the tiger peeled off of me and went after them and killed them all and I killed the tiger[/QUOTE]
It looks pretty cool, and getting great review scores, but I played FC2 on PS3 and hated it so much that I'll be extra super cautious about 3. Going to wait for a large discount so if I hate it at least it'll be cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back