The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V5! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

This is a Wiki post. Please read this
We appreciate you helping keep this thread up to date. The sales change virtually every day so no one person has the time to update them all. If you notice a game is no longer on sale, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see a game is on sale, add it to the list. Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.
for instructions on updating the thread.

Steam Games and DLC on Sale - Updated 12/16

Daily Deal(s)

Midweek Madness Deal(s) Weekend Deal(s)

Other Deals

Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 9/23

Amazon
  • Amazon - Preorders

• Amazon - Current Deals

GamersGate

Greenman Gaming

Preorder Deals - Updated 10/28
Group Buys - Updated 8/14

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff - Updated 4/3

There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card.
The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Which retail CD Keys are accepted on Steam?

All retail Valve games and a number of third-party games can be registered to your Steam account. All of the following games can be registered through Steam:
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: ####-#####-####
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • AI War CD Keys in various formats
  • Aliens vs. Predator (2010 Release) CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Alpha Prime CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Audiosurf CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • BRINK CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is not accepted on Steam
  • Cities in Motion CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Civilization V CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Cricket Revolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys may also have been printed incorrectly, please see the Dark Messiah article
  • Darksiders CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: The number 2 and letter Z may look very similar.
  • Dawn of War II CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dawn of War II - Retribution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Defense Grid CD Keys in this format (Direct2Drive only): 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Duke Nukem Forever CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Empire: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-DDEFGH3-IJK4L-MNOPQ-RST56
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • F.E.A.R. 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Fallout: New Vegas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2010 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2011 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Front Mission Evolved CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Global Agenda CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Keys purchased directly from the Global Agenda website cannot be registered on Steam.
  • GTI Racing CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • GTR Evolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Homefront CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Humble Indie Bundle in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 2 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 3 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Just Cause 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Please input all O's and 0's as Q's for Just Cause 2
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Killing Floor CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Last Remnant CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lionheart: Kings' Crusade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Colonies Edition CD Keys are not accepted on Steam
  • Mafia 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Magicka CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Metro 2033 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • MLB Front Office Manager CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: Warband CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • NBA 2K9 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Napoleon: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Order of War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Prey CD Keys in this format: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
  • R.U.S.E. CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: R.U.S.E. keys from Ubisoft's Digital River service are not accepted on Steam
  • RACE - the WTCC Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • RACE 07 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ragdoll Kung Fu CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Railworks CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Red Orchestra CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Rogue Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • SiN Episodes: Emergence CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Saint's Row 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Serious Sam HD CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Shattered Horizon CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Ship CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ship Simulator Extremes CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Silent Hill Homecoming CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Space Trader CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Speedball 2 - Tournament in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Star Trek: D-A-C CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • STCC - The Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Super Meat Boy CD keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Supreme Commander 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Torchlight CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Note: Only keys purchased directly from Runic Games or Perfect World prior to May 19th, 2010 can be registered on Steam.
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Unreal Tournament 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2-3FGH-456I-K8LM
  • Velvet Assassin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings in this format: AB-1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM
  • Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • X3: Terran Conflict CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Zeno Clash CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
Opposing Force CD-keys cannot be registered through Steam. Opposing Force was included in a retail Half-Life package. The Half-Life CD-key included in the package will unlock all of the games in that package, including Opposing Force.
Note: Only the retail games listed above can be registered through Steam. No other retail games can be registered and downloaded using Steam.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

The Ball (bought @D2D and tested by voken)
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon and tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Idiotekque']I'm a huge Front Mission and Armored Core fan myself, so any mashup of the two will likely be fun for me, lol. I have heard quite a bit of reviews saying that the gameplay itself is pretty solid though, so for $5.20 I figure, why not?

Is it a part of this week's sales? I don't want to wait too long and miss it, but like you said, I'm hoping it hits a daily. I have no idea how GamersGate sales work, lol.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's part of the last week for their summer sales. I'm assuming it'll go back to full price on monday. It's probably doubtful that it'll be a daily, but I'm gonna wait to be safe.

Speaking of Motoki, where IS he?

[quote name='Spyder187']Speaking of sims, I found this pretty lil ditty for Motoki a minute ago. Sorry, not a Steam activatable game though....

But it is TANKS!!!![/QUOTE]

[quote name='elessar123']This is the only reply I can support.

I've hated Alienware for as long as I can remember. Long before they were bought by Dell. Don't get one. Your friend is not a "tech wiz." He's also not a genius. What's next, he stayed at a Holiday Inn Express?

Get something like a $1000 Asus Republic of Gamers laptop. They've been on Warehouse Deals recently for under $1k.[/QUOTE]

Agreed Asus ROG are awesome! I have an Asus G73JH-RBBX05 and I love it!

[quote name='hal']I've had an ASUS laptop for about three years now and it's been a champ. It's on day and night and I've hauled it all over the country. I can play whatever I want, wherever I want, whenever I want. So count me as one who's had a great experience with that line.[/QUOTE]

I've had my Asus for a few years and it's been running like a top!

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Keeping your battery plugged in all the time kills it. So if you spend a lot of time plugged into the wall either take out your battery or unplug on occasion to let it drain and recharge. I spent about a yea with a laptop always plugged in and battery in and after that the battery held like 25 to 50% of the original charge.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, anytime I'm using ac power my battery is not in my laptop.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']:whee: About fucking time![/QUOTE]

Exactly!!!! :bouncy:

[quote name='BrolyB593']KOTOR 2?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Now if only there were a sale price with it... Even for like $7.50 I would snatch this up again. Something about $10 just seems high.[/QUOTE]

Ten is too high definitely! I'll wait for 75% off like KOTOR 1.

[quote name='DPsycho']I don't mind that you posted something that was already discussed on the previous page, but could you please put a spoiler tag around that giant image? It's wider than mobile devices are happy to format.[/QUOTE]

Oops! I completely missed that on the previous page. Done.

[quote name='sunghost']MOTHER OF GOD! That pic is still loading.[/QUOTE]

My bad! Fixed :)

Couldn't resist and bought Dark Souls. The fix works great after minor bit of tweaking (had to turn off motion blur and antialiasing). The game does look much better due to the fix, but still a bit lacking.
Here are some of my screenshots taken at 1680x1050...
First 3, hosted on imgur
Last and the best screenshot, hosted on imgur

So far I ran into...
360 wired controller issues, fixed by copying & pasting dinput8.dll.
Player left hints/comments not showing after fix implemented, don't know how to fix this.
Colors looking a bit off, don't know how to fix this.

Other than that I guess its worth mentioning that the game is locked at 30 fps, and it seems the fps is the same as the ps3 version (from what I can tell) with similar slow downs. Kinda regret buying it, but oh well still going to play it :)

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Agreed Asus ROG are awesome! I have an Asus G73JH-RBBX05 and I love it!

I[/QUOTE]

I have NOW had 2 ROG laptops. The first lasted me about 2 years and the hard drive died. That sucked. So then I bought the upgrade and that bugger died as SOON as the manuf. warranty expired. (screen/video card couldn't determine which blew what)

I will specifically point out that ROG needs to put MORE/BETTER thermal paste on their GPU/CPU's. (this is a KNOWN issue) Also, I attempted to get them to honor their warranty for a screen flicker issue but since there wasn't anything they could see they wouldn't have me send it in. When it died completely they tried to force me to pay for the repair even after I pointed out that the original call-in was before the warranty ended.

Some of the problems with the earlier gen were repaired in the later gen but the cooling paste thing is a BIG boo-boo that exists. And those bad boys run HOT so this is HUGE in terms of gaming.

This laptop was moved over to HP (not because it was good but because I managed to get both Sandy and Ivy into a laptop for sub $1K with everything I wanted). I've heard nothing but praise for the ROG line but I just thought I should give you the forewarning. That being said, I plan on going back to them once this laptop needs an upgrade.

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']I have NOW had 2 ROG laptops. The first lasted me about 2 years and the hard drive died. That sucked. So then I bought the upgrade and that bugger died as SOON as the manuf. warranty expired. (screen/video card couldn't determine which blew what)

I will specifically point out that ROG needs to put MORE/BETTER thermal paste on their GPU/CPU's. (this is a KNOWN issue) Also, I attempted to get them to honor their warranty for a screen flicker issue but since there wasn't anything they could see they wouldn't have me send it in. When it died completely they tried to force me to pay for the repair even after I pointed out that the original call-in was before the warranty ended.

Some of the problems with the earlier gen were repaired in the later gen but the cooling paste thing is a BIG boo-boo that exists. And those bad boys run HOT so this is HUGE in terms of gaming.

This laptop was moved over to HP (not because it was good but because I managed to get both Sandy and Ivy into a laptop for sub $1K with everything I wanted). I've heard nothing but praise for the ROG line but I just thought I should give you the forewarning. That being said, I plan on going back to them once this laptop needs an upgrade.[/QUOTE]
I do hear good about the ROG line, but the more I look into them the more complaints I see. The biggest one hinged on the fact that they've moved the customer support to the Caribbean recently, and that what was already fairly bad customer service has gotten even worse. I never heard about the heating issues though.

The more I look into Clevo though, the better I hear. On some ends, Alienware still has better points (as well as worse ones), but the price difference between Clevo and Alienware is DRAMATIC. You should really check out Clevo when you upgrade.

Thanks for the info though!

Talk me out of this. I got bored and put together a wish list for a system.

Corsair: c70 case, H100 cooler, AX850 modular PSU, and 16GB vengeance ram(black)
Samsung 830 256GB SDD
HGST 7K3000 2TB HDD
EVGA superclocked 4GB GTX 670
ASUS Z77 sabertooth
I7 3770K

Bout $1850. Obvious military look

Been getting along fine without a desktop for years,but I'm starting to get funny ideas

[quote name='6er']Talk me out of this. I got bored and put together a wish list for a system.

Corsair: c70 case, H100 cooler, AX850 modular PSU, and 16GB vengeance ram(black)
Samsung 830 256GB SDD
HGST 7K3000 2TB HDD
ASUS Z77 sabertooth
I7 3770K

Been getting along fine without a desktop for years,but I'm starting to get funny ideas[/QUOTE]
Shoite, that's no less than triple what people generally pay for a new desktop PC.

Thus, I must ask the big question - How big is your Steam library?

[quote name='6er']Talk me out of this. I got bored and put together a wish list for a system.

Samsung 830 256GB SDD
HGST 7K3000 2TB HDD
ASUS Z77 sabertooth
I7 3770K

Been getting along fine without a desktop for years,but I'm starting to get funny ideas[/QUOTE]
It's up to you what you decide to do, but you can easily make a few cutbacks (GFX Card, SSD, Ram) to save some money. Unless your doing heavy video editing, you can get away with 8. I have 8 and I have never once used over 5k with any game, skype, firefox, iTunes, Steam running all at once. Unless you want to max out your games, you could probably settle for a cheaper card too.

I don't NEED any of it. I've been .holding off on a new system for so long all the pent up tech-grief is releasing at once. All I .would really push it for isgaming. It's like buying a corvette. No one NEEDS one.

Wanting something that can max skyrim with the texture pack at 1900x1200

Pc backlog isn't bad at all. 10-12 games.

But I don't need it. Almost talked myself out....

[quote name='dejeckt']Couldn't resist and bought Dark Souls. The fix works great after minor bit of tweaking (had to turn off motion blur and antialiasing). The game does look much better due to the fix, but still a bit lacking.
Here are some of my screenshots taken at 1680x1050...
First 3, hosted on imgur
Last and the best screenshot, hosted on imgur

So far I ran into...
360 wired controller issues, fixed by copying & pasting dinput8.dll.
Player left hints/comments not showing after fix implemented, don't know how to fix this.
Colors looking a bit off, don't know how to fix this.

Other than that I guess its worth mentioning that the game is locked at 30 fps, and it seems the fps is the same as the ps3 version (from what I can tell) with similar slow downs. Kinda regret buying it, but oh well still going to play it :)[/QUOTE]

If you can run it you can up the res to double so it could look even better. The hints being gone are a problem of the fix and he was going to try and fix them tomorrow. But just as a question what type of graphics card do you have? Some are reporting it being pretty bad with AMD.

All I know is that I am digging it, but then again I didn't buy and never owned it prior, unless you count owning Demons'ssssssssssssssssss Souls since they are quite similar. And by quite I mean extremely.

[quote name='6er']I don't NEED any of it. I've been .holding off on a new system for so long all the pent up tech-grief is releasing at once.

Pc backlog isn't bad at all. 10-12 games.[/QUOTE]
Quite seriously, I wouldn't go out and spend $1800 on a machine. You can easily price a half decent machine that will last you a good 3-4 years easily for like $700-$750. Plus you can always buy extra stuff later like more Ram or a SSD.

Just because it's expensive and top of the line, doesn't mean that there isn't is a cheaper alternative that is almost as good. Do research before buying because one big mistake is you spend money on more power than you will ever need which would be wasted cash.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Quite seriously, I wouldn't go out and spend $1800 on a machine. You can easily price a half decent machine that will last you a good 3-4 years easily for like $700-$750. Plus you can always buy extra stuff later like more Ram or a SSD.

Just because it's expensive and top of the line, doesn't mean that there isn't is a cheaper alternative that is almost as good. Do research before buying because one big mistake is you spend money on more power than you will ever need which would be wasted cash.[/QUOTE]

If you are going to splurge I would say splurge on the motherboard if anything so that it is highly upgrade-able for the future.

[quote name='BrolyB593']If you are going to splurge I would say splurge on the motherboard if anything so that it is highly upgrade-able for the future.[/QUOTE]

No Intel is highly upgradable for the future. New architecture next year

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Quite seriously, I wouldn't go out and spend $1800 on a machine. You can easily price a half decent machine that will last you a good 3-4 years easily for like $700-$750. Plus you can always buy extra stuff later like more Ram or a SSD.

Just because it's expensive and top of the line, doesn't mean that there isn't is a cheaper alternative that is almost as good. Do research before buying because one big mistake is you spend money on more power than you will ever need which would be wasted cash.[/QUOTE]

It's not expensive or top of the line in the PC world. Not even close. I could easily increase a build to 4K with a few parts. A gpu is never wasted, it can .growold with the system. The CPU is where waste is at. Even then, it will be the gaming bottleneck.

For any who may have missed it, this would be a self build, not a complete purchase. And I think I talked myself out of it

I think there is some value in the joy of owning a machine that will handle anything and everything for the next few years. We all have to splurge sometimes.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']one big mistake is you spend money on more power than you will ever need which would be wasted cash.[/QUOTE]

You say this, and yet if you replace a few words...

one big mistake is you spend money on more STEAM GAMES than you will ever HAVE TIME TO PLAY which would be wasted cash.

...and you have a philosophy that is all but unheard of in this thread. ;)

Unless the game goes for cheaper later, of course!

[quote name='6er']It's not expensive or top of the line in the PC world. Not even close. I could easily increase a build to 4K with a few parts. A gpu is never wasted, it can .growold with the system. The CPU is where waste is at. Even then, it will be the gaming bottleneck[/QUOTE]
Cut back on the PSU. You don't need an 850w PSU unless you plan on doing a tri-SLI/Crossfire.

I've got a ~520W PSU, and I'll be able to run a 670/7970, whichever I settle on, and overclock it, and be just fine.

[quote name='Kaltic']If you can run it you can up the res to double so it could look even better. The hints being gone are a problem of the fix and he was going to try and fix them tomorrow. But just as a question what type of graphics card do you have? Some are reporting it being pretty bad with AMD.

All I know is that I am digging it, but then again I didn't buy and never owned it prior, unless you count owning Demons'ssssssssssssssssss Souls since they are quite similar. And by quite I mean extremely.[/QUOTE]

Ummz so do I just double 1680x1050 to 3360x2100? I think graphically I don't think I can do much with it; I think the problem I have with it graphically is just me being use to the console version on the plasma tv (which has rich colors) and not so use to crisp, colder, vivid lcd screen monitor I use. If you think my screen shots are fine, then it is most certainly just me not being use to my pc monitor.

I actually read up on AMD issues. I am actually running an AMD card, 6950 2gb, and so far no problem as performance goes. Seems like there are a few slow downs, but I feel its the same slow downs I've noticed playing the PS3 version.

On catalyst I set my mine with 4x antialiasing, 4x anisotropic, and vertical refresh on. With those setting I don't seem to have any problem. Just wish in the future there will be fix to unlock the fps.

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but here are some more info on my computer...
i5 2500k at 3.3ghz
8gb ram 1600mhz
SSD
AMD 6950 2gb (Sapphire brand)

*edit* I ended up trying the doubling of the resolution. It seem to make it look a bit better, but hard to judge. Runs the same surprisingly.
http://imgur.com/a/cUxHD
Still doesn't look quite as good as screenshots from neogaf

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Cut back on the PSU. You don't need an 850w PSU unless you plan on doing a tri-SLI/Crossfire.

I've got a ~520W PSU, and I'll be able to run a 670/7970, whichever I settle on, and overclock it, and be just fine.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully, my house will be paid off next year. think the extra $$$ will be well spent if I can carry over toward a stronger GPU down the line.

[quote name='6er']It's not expensive or top of the line in the PC world. Not even close. I could easily increase a build to 4K with a few parts. A gpu is never wasted, it can .growold with the system. The CPU is where waste is at. Even then, it will be the gaming bottleneck.

For any who may have missed it, this would be a self build, not a complete purchase. And I think I talked myself out of it[/QUOTE]
I would go with this

Computer Case - $359.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6811163067
Graphics Cards (5970 x2) - $1,499.98 ($749.99 each)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6814161335
Power Supply - $329.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6817371039
Keyboard - $176.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6823126053
Mouse - $139.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6826104089
RAM (24GBs) - $1,299.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6820231359
Motherboard - $699.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6813128446
Heatsink and Fan - $129.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6835103056
1TB Sold State Drive (x2) - $6,098.00 ($3,049.00 each)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6820227515
8 core Intel Xeon - $3999.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6819115063
82" LCD Monitor (x3 for Eyefinity) - $131,999.97 ($43,999.99 each)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6824001305
Total Cost (After Shipping & Taxes):
$147,167.65

[quote name='sunasun']I would go with this

Computer Case - $359.99
Power Supply - $329.99
Keyboard - $176.99
Mouse - $139.99
RAM (24GBs) - $1,299.99
Motherboard - $699.99
$147,167.65
[/QUOTE]

Thanks, for over proving my point. Lol

Computer Case - $359.99
Power Supply - $329.99
Keyboard - $176.99
Mouse - $139.99
RAM (24GBs) - $1,299.99
Motherboard - $699.99
$147,167.65
[/QUOTE]

Still only gets 15fps in metro 2033

[quote name='utopianmachine']No reveal on Indie Gala 8 yet, right? Sacred Gold would be something I'd bite on, likely. As for the supposed rest, eh.[/QUOTE]
Coconut Queen!!!

[quote name='utopianmachine']No reveal on Indie Gala 8 yet, right? Sacred Gold would be something I'd bite on, likely. As for the supposed rest, eh.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sunasun']Coconut Queen!!![/QUOTE]

You're suggesting that the rest of the bundle is Coconut Queen? :whistle2:k

Computer Case - $359.99
Power Supply - $329.99
Keyboard - $176.99
Mouse - $139.99
RAM (24GBs) - $1,299.99
Motherboard - $699.99
$147,167.65
[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha. That's insane. And here I was thinking I was Ms. Moneybags for wanting to spend somewhere in the ballpark of $800-1k for my next PC. That won't be happening for at least a year, anyway. My current PC can last another year or two, so that gives me time to save up :) I keep getting tempted to splurge, but I keep talking myself out of it because I want to finish school first (just one more semester!) and start paying off some of my student loans.

Just played Dark Souls for about 2 hours. With that fix, the game looks incredible and runs smooth. It really is night and day difference how it looks. Only downside to the fix/mod currently is the message left on the ground when you click on them to read them you can't see any text, the game who made the mod knows and will try and fix it tomorrow, even if he can't it is a well worthwhile trade for how much better the game looks.

Also, I may be biased here as I played the game a lot when it first came out on the PS3, but this game does not play well at all with a kb/m. I went to the store and bought a 360 controller finally as I never truly had a need for one till now, I've always done fine in whatever game I played with kb/m till now.

ive been playing a lot of Sacred Gold lately. I bought it on steam since i remember playing it many years ago. its quite a lot of fun. its a bit of a hassle to play multiplayer if you are looking to do that. you have to use some program like hamachi called Wippien. I had it working after many hours with 3 of my friends, and they HATED the game. so i ended up playing solo, which was still fun. I think Sacred has the biggest world map when compared to any other diablo clone game. I put 15 hours in and I think im still in Act 1. Im obsessed with completing every single quest and exploring every piece of the world map. also i usually fight every bastard i come across, which can become quite time consuming in itself since enemies respawn.

the item drops are quite good. I find upgrades frequently, and occaisionally find good gear from merchants. I even have 4 parts to the Bahamut set.

the game isnt perfect though. it looks clunky. sometimes the game can be unresponsive when clicking on an enemy to attack them. there are no hotkeys for skills. you select only one skill at a atime and use it with the right click. u have to press 6,7,8,9 or 0 to switch between the 5 skills that you chose. its not so bad though. I just wish there was an easy way to remap keys.

im taking a break from the game now since Sleeping Dogs and Darksides 1 have my attention now. Ill probably get back to it later.

Din's Curse also looks pretty interesting as another old school diablo-clone

I actually bought Sacred Gold on GOG over a year ago and despite the fact that I usually like Diablo-esque ARPGs I just couldn't get into it. A bit too generic for my tastes.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Just played Dark Souls for about 2 hours. With that fix, the game looks incredible and runs smooth. It really is night and day difference how it looks. Only downside to the fix/mod currently is the message left on the ground when you click on them to read them you can't see any text, the game who made the mod knows and will try and fix it tomorrow, even if he can't it is a well worthwhile trade for how much better the game looks.

Also, I may be biased here as I played the game a lot when it first came out on the PS3, but this game does not play well at all with a kb/m. I went to the store and bought a 360 controller finally as I never truly had a need for one till now, I've always done fine in whatever game I played with kb/m till now.[/QUOTE]

The fix is so awesome but I'll wait a little to get the messages and everything working. Double reso in the .ini file
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/937001548221700452/1944D72D3504F5D9217328AE0B8685AD5AEFB3A3/

[quote name='asheskitty']There's a great article on the front page of the The Atlantic, Gangnam Style, Dissected: The Subversive Message Within South Korea's Music Video Sensation.

WARNING Gangnam Style Videos with translations, Psy + Hyuna, Ponies, and more!
[/QUOTE]

He already invaded Dodger's Stadium
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz4H5WI6bvY&feature=youtu.be

[quote name='JakeNome']ive been playing a lot of Sacred Gold lately. I bought it on steam since i remember playing it many years ago. its quite a lot of fun. its a bit of a hassle to play multiplayer if you are looking to do that. you have to use some program like hamachi called Wippien. I had it working after many hours with 3 of my friends, and they HATED the game. so i ended up playing solo, which was still fun. I think Sacred has the biggest world map when compared to any other diablo clone game. I put 15 hours in and I think im still in Act 1. Im obsessed with completing every single quest and exploring every piece of the world map. also i usually fight every bastard i come across, which can become quite time consuming in itself since enemies respawn.

the item drops are quite good. I find upgrades frequently, and occaisionally find good gear from merchants. I even have 4 parts to the Bahamut set.

the game isnt perfect though. it looks clunky. sometimes the game can be unresponsive when clicking on an enemy to attack them. there are no hotkeys for skills. you select only one skill at a atime and use it with the right click. u have to press 6,7,8,9 or 0 to switch between the 5 skills that you chose. its not so bad though. I just wish there was an easy way to remap keys.

im taking a break from the game now since Sleeping Dogs and Darksides 1 have my attention now. Ill probably get back to it later.

Din's Curse also looks pretty interesting as another old school diablo-clone[/QUOTE]
If you're liking that genre, be sure to grab Titan Quest and its expansion Immortal Throne the next time they go on sale. There are quite a bit of mods for the game (especially to alter your character's appearance) too. The graphics still hold up really well by today's standards, and it's incredibly addicting.

It's also a bit more unique than your average Diablo clone, set in ancient Greece (gods and goddesses and titans and all that), even though you apparently move through Asia and some other places throughout the game. I'm loving it so far.

[quote name='KaOTiK']He already invaded Dodger's Stadium[/QUOTE]

I feel like I should post some Kyary Pamyu Pamyu and take this fascination with Asian music videos to the next level in this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzC4hFK5P3gp

You guys are asking for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoK8DaJRDaM

[quote name='Idiotekque']If you're liking that genre, be sure to grab Titan Quest and its expansion Immortal Throne the next time they go on sale. There are quite a bit of mods for the game (especially to alter your character's appearance) too. The graphics still hold up really well by today's standards, and it's incredibly addicting.

It's also a bit more unique than your average Diablo clone, set in ancient Greece (gods and goddesses and titans and all that), even though you apparently move through Asia and some other places throughout the game. I'm loving it so far.[/QUOTE]

Yea I already played the crap out of titan quest. I love its dual class system. I cant wait for its spiritual successor Grim Dawn. I also cant wait till Torchlight 2.

[quote name='Blade']I feel like I should post some Kyary Pamyu Pamyu and take this fascination with Asian music videos to the next level in this thread.[/QUOTE]

You all had to bring up things that I am in to.... Also not a big fan of Candy Candy, but love PonPonPon and quite like Tsukematsukeru

And then of course you can't forget Vegarythm although this will most likely get me some weird looks... Before anyone says anything you must know Vegarythm is completely related to Kyary Pamyu Pamyu since they are her backup dancers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKKT7zE_0Zg

[quote name='Kaltic']
And then of course you can't forget Vegarythm although this will most likely get me some weird looks... Before anyone says anything you must know Vegarythm is completely related to Kyary Pamyu Pamyu since they are her backup dancers.
[/QUOTE]

That is some creepy ass oompa loompa shit right there.

[quote name='Kaltic']
[/QUOTE]

That is some creepy ass oompa loompa shit right there

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Kaltic, please take your creepy-ass Japanese oompa loompas out of here. They're scaring me.[/QUOTE]

One is a boy... can you guess which?

[quote name='JakeNome']Yea I already played the crap out of titan quest. I love its dual class system. I cant wait for its spiritual successor Grim Dawn. I also cant wait till Torchlight 2.[/QUOTE]
I'm still on my first character, but I thought her class combination was pretty cool. Seer + Warrior = Harbinger. It's nice how the combination actually gives you a new class name. :D

I'll have to look up Grim Dawn. Haven't heard of it. I already have TL2 in my account, haha.

[quote name='JakeNome']Yea I already played the crap out of titan quest. I love its dual class system. I cant wait for its spiritual successor Grim Dawn. I also cant wait till Torchlight 2.[/QUOTE]

You might also be interested in Path of Exile. I played on one of their stress testing weekends and was impressed. It should hit open beta soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back