The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V5! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

This is a Wiki post. Please read this
We appreciate you helping keep this thread up to date. The sales change virtually every day so no one person has the time to update them all. If you notice a game is no longer on sale, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see a game is on sale, add it to the list. Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.
for instructions on updating the thread.

Steam Games and DLC on Sale - Updated 12/16

Daily Deal(s)

Midweek Madness Deal(s) Weekend Deal(s)

Other Deals

Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 9/23

Amazon
  • Amazon - Preorders

• Amazon - Current Deals

GamersGate

Greenman Gaming

Preorder Deals - Updated 10/28
Group Buys - Updated 8/14

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff - Updated 4/3

There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card.
The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Which retail CD Keys are accepted on Steam?

All retail Valve games and a number of third-party games can be registered to your Steam account. All of the following games can be registered through Steam:
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: ####-#####-####
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • AI War CD Keys in various formats
  • Aliens vs. Predator (2010 Release) CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Alpha Prime CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Audiosurf CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • BRINK CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is not accepted on Steam
  • Cities in Motion CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Civilization V CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Cricket Revolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys may also have been printed incorrectly, please see the Dark Messiah article
  • Darksiders CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: The number 2 and letter Z may look very similar.
  • Dawn of War II CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dawn of War II - Retribution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Defense Grid CD Keys in this format (Direct2Drive only): 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Duke Nukem Forever CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Empire: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-DDEFGH3-IJK4L-MNOPQ-RST56
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • F.E.A.R. 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Fallout: New Vegas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2010 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2011 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Front Mission Evolved CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Global Agenda CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Keys purchased directly from the Global Agenda website cannot be registered on Steam.
  • GTI Racing CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • GTR Evolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Homefront CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Humble Indie Bundle in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 2 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 3 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Just Cause 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Please input all O's and 0's as Q's for Just Cause 2
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Killing Floor CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Last Remnant CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lionheart: Kings' Crusade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Colonies Edition CD Keys are not accepted on Steam
  • Mafia 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Magicka CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Metro 2033 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • MLB Front Office Manager CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: Warband CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • NBA 2K9 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Napoleon: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Order of War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Prey CD Keys in this format: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
  • R.U.S.E. CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: R.U.S.E. keys from Ubisoft's Digital River service are not accepted on Steam
  • RACE - the WTCC Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • RACE 07 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ragdoll Kung Fu CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Railworks CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Red Orchestra CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Rogue Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • SiN Episodes: Emergence CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Saint's Row 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Serious Sam HD CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Shattered Horizon CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Ship CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ship Simulator Extremes CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Silent Hill Homecoming CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Space Trader CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Speedball 2 - Tournament in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Star Trek: D-A-C CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • STCC - The Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Super Meat Boy CD keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Supreme Commander 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Torchlight CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Note: Only keys purchased directly from Runic Games or Perfect World prior to May 19th, 2010 can be registered on Steam.
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Unreal Tournament 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2-3FGH-456I-K8LM
  • Velvet Assassin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings in this format: AB-1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM
  • Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • X3: Terran Conflict CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Zeno Clash CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
Opposing Force CD-keys cannot be registered through Steam. Opposing Force was included in a retail Half-Life package. The Half-Life CD-key included in the package will unlock all of the games in that package, including Opposing Force.
Note: Only the retail games listed above can be registered through Steam. No other retail games can be registered and downloaded using Steam.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

The Ball (bought @D2D and tested by voken)
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon and tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='utopianmachine']Hey, it's a sign of a good game that we enjoyed our games enough to play at tedious paces for the content. :applause:[/QUOTE]

^_^ /agree Though kids these days have it so easy. Back in my day walking across the world in games like Kings Quest (1) took *time* not only for the slow walking pace but also because of the constant loading from the floppy drive each screen -- and needing to shuffle floppies as you crossed regions. Also periodically needing to consult the encoder wheel or manual to satisfy the primitive copy-protection schemes. And floppy-copy-protection involved deliberately corrupted sectors that would slow down and confuse your floppy drive (and eventually throw read-head alignment off).

And no one fussed over mechanical keyboards -- they were all mechanical (unless it was some stupid PC Jr chicklets keyboard) and usually integral with the computer chassis. And the only optical mice were found on serious workstation computers and required a special metal mousepad.

[quote name='vince_carter']snuggle truck was fun on a phone but i can't see it translating well to PC[/QUOTE]
Yeah. Personally, if I see that a game was designed for an iphone, that's a good sign to avoid it. Though I'm not speaking about any game in particular.

Back up 'da Snuggletruck! Got it as a throw in from one of the HB bundles. Played it for all of ten minutes or so. It's a prototypical iphone timewaster game.

The most remarkable thing about Snuggle Truck is that it was originally designed around human trafficking as Smuggle Truck. They changed the game around to be more appropriate but left the original version in as a selectable mode.

That is, if I recall correctly. Haven't played it yet.

[quote name='DPsycho']The most remarkable thing about Snuggle Truck is that it was originally designed around human trafficking as Smuggle Truck. They changed the game around to be more appropriate but left the original version in as a selectable mode.

That is, if I recall correctly. Haven't played it yet.[/QUOTE]
The HiB had two separate games: Snuggle Truck with stuffed animals and Smuggle Truck with illegal immigrants. There wasn't a separate selectable mode, you played one or the other.

Both are identical in game play.

Steam replied back to me today about no preorder of Torchlight 2 in my library.

We apologize for the confusion. Upon further investigation, it appears your copy of Torchlight 2 was gifted to another Steam user on 5/21/2012.

In order to play the game you will have to purchase a new copy:
I paid $15 fucking dollars for it and I know I did not send it away as a gift because it's the only fucking way I would have a copy of Torchlight 1 in my account. How does one explain this and why did this happen? I am fucking pissed now.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I paid $15 fucking dollars for it and I know I did not send it away as a gift because it's the only fucking way I would have a copy of Torchlight 1 in my account. How does one explain this and why did this happen? I am fucking pissed now.[/QUOTE]
Silly question - could you ask them who you traded it to? Or could you check your gifting history to see where it was traded to?

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']
I paid $15 fucking dollars for it and I know I did not send it away as a gift because it's the only fucking way I would have a copy of Torchlight 1 in my account. How does one explain this and why did this happen? [/QUOTE]

Friends don't let friends trade on Steam drunk?

[quote name='Flowette']Silly question - could you ask them who you traded it to? Or could you check your gifting history to see where it was traded to?[/QUOTE]
I asked them who claimed the code and where my copy of TL1 came from. I wanna see their explanation to how I got Torchlight 1 because I already owned the disc boxed copy of the game, which is why I have not bought it on Steam. It's not even on my trade history that the game was traded.

[quote name='gilby']Friends don't let friends trade on Steam drunk?[/QUOTE]
There is no history of the code even being traded in my transactions history. What I do know is I went in on a 4 pack. I got two copies, one for me, one for my GF from my friend which I traded to her (my one friend traded me two copies). I then used one, gave the other one to my GF. She has TL2, I don;t. I have TL1 from the preorder bonus though.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']There is no history of the code even being traded in my transactions account.[/QUOTE]

Steam won't track sending a gift and only tracks actual trades through their client.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']There is no history of the code even being traded in my transactions history. What I do know is I went in on a 4 pack. I got two copies, one for me, one for my GF from my friend which I traded to her (my one friend traded me two copies). I then used one, gave the other one to my GF. She has TL2, I don;t. I have TL1 from the preorder bonus though.[/QUOTE]

So you weren't the purchaser of the 4-pack? Cuz if you were that would clear things up real quicklike. In any case, Steam support could be more helpful, if they just gave you a detailed explanation in the first place.

[quote name='Outinthedark']False. You can check gift redemption status within the "Pending Gifts" tab at the top right and checking "Gift History".[/QUOTE]

Can you see that if you don't have an active gift pending? I can't find anything that shows my history of gifts and pack-splits since before the trading feature was implemented. I could swear it was possible to see that history before.

[quote name='dfg']So you weren't the purchaser of the 4-pack? Cuz if you were that would clear things up real quicklike. In any case, Steam support could be more helpful, if they just gave you a detailed explanation in the first place.

Can you see that if you don't have an active gift pending? I can't find anything that shows my history of gifts and pack-splits since before the trading feature was implemented. I could swear it was possible to see that history before.[/QUOTE]

I guess the only way to find out is to gift me a copy of Dishonored so you can have a pending gift.

[quote name='Outinthedark']False. You can check gift redemption status within the "Pending Gifts" tab at the top right and checking "Gift History".

http://steamcommunity.com/id/YOURIDGOESHERE/inventory#pending_gifts

Wow people actually have the Steam ID of "YOURID" and "YOURIDHERE".[/QUOTE]

This worked for me, even with no gifts pending. Did it in the client if that makes a difference.

[quote name='jshackles']Not sure if anyone's pointed this out yet, but GreenManGaming has a new 25% off coupon (GMG25-EVFWS-4Z4ZN)[/QUOTE]

Bus Simulator 2 is too hot to miss, according to GreenManGaming and the coupon applies! ;)

[quote name='SeymourGams']Bus Simulator 2 is too hot to miss, according to GreenManGaming and the coupon applies! ;)[/QUOTE]

Wow games have come a long way, graphically, since...... 2010?!?!?!?!?!

I'd buy this if I could redeem it on Steam.

[quote name='dfg']So you weren't the purchaser of the 4-pack? Cuz if you were that would clear things up real quicklike. In any case, Steam support could be more helpful, if they just gave you a detailed explanation in the first place.

Can you see that if you don't have an active gift pending? I can't find anything that shows my history of gifts and pack-splits since before the trading feature was implemented. I could swear it was possible to see that history before.[/QUOTE]
No I wasn't. What happened was my friend hosted, but since I was paying him for 2 copies of the game (one for me and one for my GF), he gave me two copies. Steam must recognize that I have traded one to my GF which is fine but he doesn't compute that I registered one. I am waiting to hear that yes the person traded was my gf and then I can try and clear up that my copy is redeemed, Steam did not give me it.

It's more of a principal fact now because I would gladly give Runic $20 extra for Torchlight 2.

[quote name='voken']http://kotaku.com/5948008/vote-for-this-game-on-steam-or-its-publisher-wont-give-money-to-homeless-kittens

Any way to make sure this publisher never get their game greenlit? Buying votes under the guise of donating to charity is pretty low.[/QUOTE]

This is what they said:

If Edge of Space is approved by October 15, 2012 through Greenlight, Reverb Publishing will donate $5000 to the Humane Society, which will go towards providing necessary care and safety to homeless cats. However, if the game doesn't get approval, that money will disappear, like a puff of smoke in the uncaring wind, leaving poor kitties to survive in the harsh elements, be placed in harm's way and possibly scheduled for euthanasia. The challenge is out there, and for a simple "yes" vote on Steam's Greenlight consumers can actively take a role in saving the lives of kitties. So, do your part, save some cats, and see a great space sandbox adventure get onto Steam's platform. It's a win-win!

And after all the negative press about this idiotic comment, they followed up with this:

dougintwainharte 8 minutes ago
I challenge anyone else on this board to make a donation to the Humane Society, I committed $5000, and we requested a vote of YES for the game. If anyone did their homework you would know we have made a variety of donations to animal organizations. if you don't want to vote for the game I fully respct that, if times are tough and money us tight a "yes" vote would be greaatly appreciated, provided the company continues to do well, we will continue to fund and support a number of animal organizations, either way its a win - win for the kitties. (Lastly, does anyone really think that that we were not going to make the $5000 donation, come on folks, seriously? I've been in the industry for 20 years, I remember when it was fun, lighten up a bit and appreciate the fact that a great organization like the Humane Society is getting a ton of attention and a nice contribution) Doug Kennedy, Reverb Publishing.

Nobody is going to vote for a bunch of jackasses who make it sound like we're killing kittens because we don't vote for their fucking game.

Keep posting this shit around to help spread the word. Post on the Steam forums and contact Steam Support. It takes maybe ten minutes, and you can get these douches banned from selling games on Steam.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']If Steam reads this story, I am sure they will be banned from being greenlit. There has to be some rule against buying votes.[/QUOTE]

Don't think "buying" votes its against the rule because the Postal 2 guys (see my signature) :lol: is giving away their game for good PR and a chance to get greenlit.

The PR for this publisher should be fired for incompetence.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']People are blowing that out of proportion. They will donate 5,000 if the game gets greenlit, if it doesn't they won't (or according to them still will). So they had a funny way of explaining it. No need to get your panties in a bunch. Yes, what they say is true. The less money you give to certain organizations the more likely a poor animal or human will die due to not getting the food, care, etc. that they need. Facts of life. People just like to get up in arms for no reason and project their own guilt.[/QUOTE]

Which is why I think they should get a new PR (or someone who can do a better job). The Press Release and the "donate to charity if greenlit" is arguably horribly written. The "charity" feels forced and doesn't add anything to the game the developers are trying to sell to gamers. I know less about the game but I "know" that I am less likely to support it due to this dumb stunt. There are hundreds of games that are earning their votes through the merits of the game itself, not because the developers made some pledge to charity that (according to their original press release) will withhold unless the game gets greenlit before a certain date.

People are blowing that out of proportion. They will donate 5,000 if the game gets greenlit, if it doesn't they won't (or according to them still will). So they had a funny way of explaining it. No need to get your panties in a bunch. Yes, what they say is true. The less money you give to certain organizations the more likely a poor animal or human will die due to not getting the food, care, etc. that they need. Facts of life. People just like to get up in arms for no reason and project their own guilt.

[quote name='Woodlands']Remember the advice you received months ago about not picking fights with everyone on CAG?

Just a reminder.[/QUOTE]
There's a difference between picking a fight and trying to defend someone who was needlessly insulted.

[quote name='BLink']So according to you it's ok to take all you can as long as you thank the person for it? Awesome. Being polite and courteous means allowing others to also enjoy the giveaways, you're offered a number of them then take just one, don't be greedy.

Also, calling out someone on calling out someone makes you look stupid. Grow up.[/QUOTE]
Yes, because taking two keys that are worth maybe $0.50 each is being "greedy". Not to mention it's funny how you didn't say anything about the guy who "took the rest". Why? Probably because he has been here for three years. That makes all the difference, right?

I don't think being greedy is a good thing. Someone shouldn't hoard keys for themselves. That said, taking two extremely cheap keys amongst many is fine. In fact, newer members have more use for cheap/free keys because they're usually new to Steam and don't have many games, from one perspective.

It's just annoying to see a "veteran" CAG piss on a newbie for something as completely asinine and minor as that. It's juvenile and rude. Am I being the same way? Pretty much; Mac probably didn't even see your post, so it was no harm no foul, but it bugs me when people show that elitist attitude, like people who happened to make an account here a year or two earlier are more entitled to things. We hang out on this forum to find deals and make friends, not attack each other (which I've admitted done to you as well) and create an elitist social structure.

But I'm just talking shit as well, so what's the use. Excuse me for trying to defend someone who did nothing wrong.

I think the advice was to learn how to let things go/slide. Even if you feel you are in the right or "defending" someone.

What we have now is 2+ pages of pointless argument clogging up this thread when we'd only have one unnecessary insult if you just learned to ignore things.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I think the advice was to learn how to let things go/slide. Even if you feel you are in the right or "defending" someone.

What we have now is 2+ pages of pointless argument clogging up this thread when we'd only have one unnecessary insult if you just learned to ignore things.[/QUOTE]

I thought the point of having an internet forum was to have pointless arguments with an anonymous person miles away from me? (or to join a hate bandwagon against a publisher for a publicity stunt :lol:

Was I taught wrong? Damn you American education system! (shake fists)

EDIT: on related noted, learned that "damn" is not censored at CAG

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']
What we have now is 2+ pages of pointless argument clogging up this thread when we'd only have one unnecessary insult if you just learned to ignore things.[/QUOTE]

Agreed!

Now, will XCOM and Natural Selection 2 release already?! I am getting so antsy to play these!

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']People are blowing that out of proportion. They will donate 5,000 if the game gets greenlit, if it doesn't they won't (or according to them still will). So they had a funny way of explaining it. No need to get your panties in a bunch. Yes, what they say is true. The less money you give to certain organizations the more likely a poor animal or human will die due to not getting the food, care, etc. that they need. Facts of life. People just like to get up in arms for no reason and project their own guilt.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. People are way too sensitive. But their game looks like shit so I didn't vote for it anyway.

[quote name='vince_carter']Agreed. People are way too sensitive. But their game looks like shit so I didn't vote for it anyway.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Either I've been a puritan or haven't been paying attention to the CAG censors.

Testing:

ass, balls, cocksucker, cunt, fuck, motherfucker, piss, shit, tits. :booty:

EDIT: good to know (yes, I'm sometimes juvenile) :D

Earlier this thread I said Orbitron Revolution was a good game.

I was mistaken in this assumption. I officially retract this statement.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

[quote name='voken']Interesting. Either I've been a puritan or haven't been paying attention to the CAG censors.

Testing:

ass, balls, cocksucker, cunt, fuck, motherfucker, piss, shit, tits. :booty:

EDIT: good to know (yes, I'm sometimes juvenile) :D[/QUOTE]

I always understood that as a video game inside joke instead of actual censorship. I believe we're free to say what we want as long as we follow the other rules.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I always understood that as a video game inside joke instead of actual censorship. I believe we're free to say what we want as long as we follow the other rules.[/QUOTE]

Didn't realize the inside joke. Been to other forums that completely censor those "Seven Words You Can Never Say on Television"

I agree with Fox. Furthermore, judging by this:

Lastly, does anyone really think that that we were not going to make the $5000 donation, come on folks, seriously? I've been in the industry for 20 years, I remember when it was fun, lighten up a bit and appreciate the fact that a great organization like the Humane Society is getting a ton of attention and a nice contribution) Doug Kennedy, Reverb Publishing.
I honestly think he's telling the truth. From the beginning it seemed like one of those things where even if they don't get greenlit, we would have gotten something like, "Don't worry people, we will still save the kittehs." It seems like they may have been too focussed on that punchline and overlooked the tastefullness of the actual joke.

I do agree with voken as well though, they should get someone better on PR. Something that they thought was a harmless joke (which it is IMO) has unfortunately offended alot of people. Whether their offence is legitimate or not doesn't matter, at least when you're trying to make money on your game (by getting it on Steam.)

That said, I am sure they feel more comfortable making the joke because they have given to charities involving animals, and probably care alot about them. Unfortunately the average joe may not share that comfort.

/useless post off

[quote name='voken']Didn't realize the inside joke. Been to other forums that completely censor those "Seven Words You Can Never Say on Television"[/QUOTE]

I stand by this... If it is an actual word and has a real meaning beyond the obscene it should probably not be censored. I mean the word could come up in a conversation and it could be for its real meaning and wasn't being used in a demeaning or harmful way. But then again I also agree with some other countries broadcasting allowing them to swear on TV later into the night. But then again us in America get to see people getting killed... a lot.

For example the word "class", and anything with class in it, was censored at Gamespot.com and, I'm not sure if it still is, while I can see how it could be harmfully used it seems to be quite vital when talking about video games.

And back to something game related... Anyone that was dismissing Dark Souls here it some information for you. The game, with a patch and mods, is capable of running at any resolution (and a massive amount of down-sampling), at 60 frames per second, has a mouse fix that makes it apparently playable with one, and can have those annoying xbox 360 button prompts replaced with either keyboard or ps3 icons. Oh yeah, it also has its own Nexus.

I know some may look at this with disdain because you have to use mods and patches to make it enjoyable; and I would say you really don't... it will just be blurry and require you to use a controller. Well you also have to use mods to make any Bethesda game's UI not fucking horrible in terms of size, except Morrowind. So I leave it at that.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I think the advice was to learn how to let things go/slide. Even if you feel you are in the right or "defending" someone.

I know, consider me shut up. If it was just a stupid insult thrown at me, that would be one thing, but it's different when someone is getting picked on for doing nothing wrong. The solution is "Let the veteran CAG be a jerk to the newbie." Alright.

So after about a few days of not having Torchlight 2, I finally got in touch with the hoster of the 4-pack. Apparently I found a major bug in Steam. So my copy of Torchlight 2 the copy I redeemed the preorder with, was sent to him and not me. He didn't know until he opened his inventory when I asked him about it.

I am just happy.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']So after about a few days of not having Torchlight 2, I finally got in touch with the hoster of the 4-pack. Apparently I found a major bug in Steam. So my copy of Torchlight 2 the copy I redeemed the preorder with, was sent to him and not me. He didn't know until he opened his inventory when I asked him about it.

I am just happy.[/QUOTE]

Lesson to be learned: Check with the host.

Must have been a fluke since I haven't heard of a big uproar over TL2 pre orders not redeeming right. Otherwise, Kotaku would have been all over it.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Lesson to be learned: Check with the host.

Must have been a fluke since I haven't heard of a big uproar over TL2 pre orders not redeeming right. Otherwise, Kotaku would have been all over it.[/QUOTE]
The host was a good friend of mine, so it was no biggie, just an odd occurrence.

I really miss the n-word censoring to NINJA from Ninja Gaiden. That was endlessly hilarious to me.

Also, I TRIED to talk about games. I TRIED.

[quote name='DPsycho']The most remarkable thing about Snuggle Truck is that it was originally designed around human trafficking as Smuggle Truck. They changed the game around to be more appropriate but left the original version in as a selectable mode.

That is, if I recall correctly. Haven't played it yet.[/QUOTE]
I'd rather have Smuggle Truck on Steam.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']If Steam reads this story, I am sure they will be banned from being greenlit. There has to be some rule against buying votes.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, and I would've voted for them
but they want to save the cats so they can eat them. It's a Korean site.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I know, consider me shut up. If it was just a stupid insult thrown at me, that would be one thing, but it's different when someone is getting picked on for doing nothing wrong. The solution is "Let the veteran CAG be a jerk to the newbie." Alright.[/QUOTE]
Wrong, its Let's all be jerks to each other. :lol: but seriously, dont' take everything so personally on here. We're all jerks, myself included ..... ummm peacemaking mission failed....................
this'll make everyone happy, a picture of cute little cats
Eating-with-Lions--22092.jpg

[quote name='Idiotekque']I know, consider me shut up. If it was just a stupid insult thrown at me, that would be one thing, but it's different when someone is getting picked on for doing nothing wrong. The solution is "Let the veteran CAG be a jerk to the newbie." Alright.[/QUOTE]

I usually take the approach of "speak my argument, insult the person, then ignore them." Don't much care who I do it to, whether online or in person; we're all just people. Just be true to who you are, dude.

My happy hour IG9 bundle finally arrived. Awesome price for so many games! I already have [email="DMKBG-LCCA0-KPJTC
]Alien Breed 2[/email] from last year's Summer Camp, so I'm hiding my extra key in this post.

[quote name='Blade']I usually take the approach of "speak my argument, insult the person, then ignore them." Don't much care who I do it to, whether online or in person; we're all just people. Just be true to who you are, dude.

My happy hour IG9 bundle finally arrived. Awesome price for so many games! I already have Alien Breed 2 from last year's Summer Camp, so I'm hiding my extra key in this post.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for Skyrim!!!!

I'm disappointed in this thread. With RE6 on PC not coming until next year this could have been the one good video game thread on the internet today.

[quote name='Blade']My happy hour IG9 bundle finally arrived. Awesome price for so many games! I already have [email="DMKBG-LCCA0-KPJTC
]Alien Breed 2[/email] from last year's Summer Camp, so I'm hiding my extra key in this post.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I've opted not to buy into this one since I already have the Broken Sword trilogy, but I accept your Alien Breed 2 key. (Spent all my Summer Sale tickets on DLC for everything else.)

So what games are you guys looking forward to with the end of the year game release zerg? I know we are all CAG's and don't like to spend much preordering but I am curious as to what is on other peoples plates. Sometimes you find cool games you didn't know about otherwise.

Here is what I'm looking at that I can remember.

XCom, while the demo was simple it did show a lot of promise and the RTS write ups and gameplay videos have been nothing short of great imo. So I went for it and preordered it since I got a good deal on it (bought for $35 from a friend and sold the extra copy of Civ 5 I got with it for $6).

Dishonored. I am really looking forward to this one, but am waiting to get it for $40. I like the multiple ways to finish levels and such and it looks really cool. My only thing I'm worried about is length/size.

Need for Speed Most Wanted. This will be the first EA title in quite a long time I'm going to buy that isn't going to be 75% off. I loved the first NFS Most Wanted (one of my fav NFS) and this one should hopefully just be that but improved, even if it was the same damn game with a graphics update I'd want it honestly lol.

Of Orcs and Men. This RPG just looks cool, you play as an gaint Orc and assassin Goblin that are sent out to kill the Empire of mankind for trying to take over the greenskins land. I'll be picking this one up for sure before years end.

Off hand that is all I can remember, though I'm sure there are a few other titles but those are the main ones I'd say that I can think of. Seeing what others are looking forward too might/probably will add some to the list too.

I gotta say though, the last few months have been solid for gaming imo. I've preordered a decent number of games this year for great prices and haven't been let down on any of them. Dark Souls, Darksiders 2, Borderlands 2, Torchlight 2, and Guild Wars 2 so far have all be great and I've sunk a lot of time into (I'm freaking addicted to BL2 right now, help 110 hours already)

[quote name='KaOTiK']So what games are you guys looking forward to with the end of the year game release zerg? I know we are all CAG's and don't like to spend much preordering but I am curious as to what is on other peoples plates. Sometimes you find cool games you didn't know about otherwise.

Here is what I'm looking at that I can remember.

XCom, while the demo was simple it did show a lot of promise and the RTS write ups and gameplay videos have been nothing short of great imo. So I went for it and preordered it since I got a good deal on it (bought for $35 from a friend and sold the extra copy of Civ 5 I got with it for $6).

Dishonored. I am really looking forward to this one, but am waiting to get it for $40. I like the multiple ways to finish levels and such and it looks really cool. My only thing I'm worried about is length/size.

Need for Speed Most Wanted. This will be the first EA title in quite a long time I'm going to buy that isn't going to be 75% off. I loved the first NFS Most Wanted (one of my fav NFS) and this one should hopefully just be that but improved, even if it was the same damn game with a graphics update I'd want it honestly lol.

Of Orcs and Men. This RPG just looks cool, you play as an gaint Orc and assassin Goblin that are sent out to kill the Empire of mankind for trying to take over the greenskins land. I'll be picking this one up for sure before years end.

Off hand that is all I can remember, though I'm sure there are a few other titles but those are the main ones I'd say that I can think of. Seeing what others are looking forward too might/probably will add some to the list too.

I gotta say though, the last few months have been solid for gaming imo. I've preordered a decent number of games this year for great prices and haven't been let down on any of them. Dark Souls, Darksiders 2, Borderlands 2, Torchlight 2, and Guild Wars 2 so far have all be great and I've sunk a lot of time into (I'm freaking addicted to BL2 right now, help 110 hours already)[/QUOTE]

I'm looking forward to, hopefully on some sort of sale eventually...

Not out yet:
Dishonored
Assassin's Creed 3
NFS: Most Wanted (Criterion)

Already out:
Sleeping Dogs
Krater: Shadows of Solside
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
Torchlight 2
Borderlands 2
Max Payne 3
Darksiders 2