The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V5! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

This is a Wiki post. Please read this
We appreciate you helping keep this thread up to date. The sales change virtually every day so no one person has the time to update them all. If you notice a game is no longer on sale, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see a game is on sale, add it to the list. Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.
for instructions on updating the thread.

Steam Games and DLC on Sale - Updated 12/16

Daily Deal(s)

Midweek Madness Deal(s) Weekend Deal(s)

Other Deals

Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 9/23

Amazon
  • Amazon - Preorders

• Amazon - Current Deals

GamersGate

Greenman Gaming

Preorder Deals - Updated 10/28
Group Buys - Updated 8/14

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff - Updated 4/3

There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card.
The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Which retail CD Keys are accepted on Steam?

All retail Valve games and a number of third-party games can be registered to your Steam account. All of the following games can be registered through Steam:
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: ####-#####-####
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • AI War CD Keys in various formats
  • Aliens vs. Predator (2010 Release) CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Alpha Prime CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Audiosurf CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • BRINK CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is not accepted on Steam
  • Cities in Motion CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Civilization V CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Cricket Revolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys may also have been printed incorrectly, please see the Dark Messiah article
  • Darksiders CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: The number 2 and letter Z may look very similar.
  • Dawn of War II CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dawn of War II - Retribution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Defense Grid CD Keys in this format (Direct2Drive only): 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Duke Nukem Forever CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Empire: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-DDEFGH3-IJK4L-MNOPQ-RST56
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • F.E.A.R. 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Fallout: New Vegas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2010 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2011 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Front Mission Evolved CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Global Agenda CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Keys purchased directly from the Global Agenda website cannot be registered on Steam.
  • GTI Racing CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • GTR Evolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Homefront CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Humble Indie Bundle in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 2 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 3 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Just Cause 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Please input all O's and 0's as Q's for Just Cause 2
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Killing Floor CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Last Remnant CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lionheart: Kings' Crusade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Colonies Edition CD Keys are not accepted on Steam
  • Mafia 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Magicka CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Metro 2033 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • MLB Front Office Manager CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: Warband CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • NBA 2K9 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Napoleon: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Order of War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Prey CD Keys in this format: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
  • R.U.S.E. CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: R.U.S.E. keys from Ubisoft's Digital River service are not accepted on Steam
  • RACE - the WTCC Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • RACE 07 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ragdoll Kung Fu CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Railworks CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Red Orchestra CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Rogue Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • SiN Episodes: Emergence CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Saint's Row 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Serious Sam HD CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Shattered Horizon CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Ship CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ship Simulator Extremes CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Silent Hill Homecoming CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Space Trader CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Speedball 2 - Tournament in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Star Trek: D-A-C CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • STCC - The Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Super Meat Boy CD keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Supreme Commander 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Torchlight CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Note: Only keys purchased directly from Runic Games or Perfect World prior to May 19th, 2010 can be registered on Steam.
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Unreal Tournament 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2-3FGH-456I-K8LM
  • Velvet Assassin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings in this format: AB-1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM
  • Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • X3: Terran Conflict CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Zeno Clash CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
Opposing Force CD-keys cannot be registered through Steam. Opposing Force was included in a retail Half-Life package. The Half-Life CD-key included in the package will unlock all of the games in that package, including Opposing Force.
Note: Only the retail games listed above can be registered through Steam. No other retail games can be registered and downloaded using Steam.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

The Ball (bought @D2D and tested by voken)
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon and tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Frithsblessing']Ugh, here I was all ready to pass on buying it after reading Tsel's post and then you had to make this post.

Is the reason TL2 is so much better the multiplayer or is it generally just a better game. I'm not much of a multiplayer fan, so if that is the main reason I can live with TL for now.[/QUOTE]

I'm very much singleplayer in general. I haven't touched multiplayer in TL2. There is one little nicety in TL2 is that you can setup a lan game and play by yourself and select a different difficulty than you created your character for.

[quote name='Frithsblessing']Ugh, here I was all ready to pass on buying it after reading Tsel's post and then you had to make this post.

Is the reason TL2 is so much better the multiplayer or is it generally just a better game. I'm not much of a multiplayer fan, so if that is the main reason I can live with TL for now.[/QUOTE]

Multiplayer aside, TL2 is just a better, more polished game in terms of classes, talents, abilities, content, etc.

Here's the handy chart:

TL1vsTL2.jpg

Another aside, Amazon price matched Zeno Clash for $1 -- activates on Steam and you get a $5 promo code: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B005JFBGD6/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

[quote name='fignutz32']Anyone have any of the Sega Genesis Collection games?[/quote]
Yup.
I got VF2 (Genesis) from Steam (as a gift).

And, I bought the entire Sega Genesis collection recently from Amazon DVG (DRM-FREE).

Do they show up as individual games or just a launcher in the steam inventory?
When buying these through Steam...
Launcher shows up in your Steam library.
Each game shows up as DLC.

Finally picked something up off the steam sale.. Gods and Kings for $7.50. Been waiting for a decent price, hopefully worms will go on sale before its all over.

[quote name='Preedatore']MysterD has moved at least 50 copies of Silverfall. They need to give you a cut.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SkullTheTroll']Seriously. Make it 51 :applause:[/QUOTE]

Thanks! :D
Focus Home Interactive can contact me about this, if they'd like. ;)

[quote name='Mooby']Multiplayer aside, TL2 is just a better, more polished game in terms of classes, talents, abilities, content, etc.

Here's the handy chart:

TL1vsTL2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

mooby pls

I'm running out of money already. Don't make me buy this!

[quote name='Blade']mooby pls

I'm running out of money already. Don't make me buy this![/QUOTE]

You will buy it and you will like it!

Is 'Home' any good? I know it's just a dollar but I've been burned by indie games lately, especially that style (Lone Survivor and I don't agree at all.) so I'm wondering before I get this.

[quote name='fignutz32']Anyone have any of the Sega Genesis Collection games? Do they show up as individual games or just a launcher in the steam inventory?[/QUOTE]

One launcher from which you select the game you want to play.

[quote name='MysterD']Yup.
I got VF2 (Genesis) from Steam (as a gift).

And, I bought the entire collection recently from Amazon DVG (DRM-FREE).

When buying these through Steam...
Launcher shows up in your Steam library.
Each game shows up as DLC.[/QUOTE]
Thanks! I forgot Amazon had them on sale!

[quote name='fignutz32']Thanks! I forgot Amazon had them on sale![/QUOTE]

If you own any of the Sega Genesis Classics already on Steam....

...when you install Amazon DVG's DRM-FREE version - when installing, you can actually install these into your Steam version's folder. :whistle2:X
They just won't show-up as DLC, since you didn't buy them from Steam directly.

[quote name='fignutz32']Anyone have any of the Sega Genesis Collection games? Do they show up as individual games or just a launcher in the steam inventory?[/QUOTE]

From a launcher as everyone mentioned. Also, you can save your game anywhere, so perfect for old fogeys like me who have lost "80-bit Difficulty Skillzorzz" to time. ;)

Tossing another log onto the fire:

I only play single player and it is a total blast. So if you want to solo you can do so and not feel like the game was weighted in favor on multiplayer.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']From a launcher as everyone mentioned. Also, you can save your game anywhere, so perfect for old fogeys like me who have lost "80-bit Difficulty Skillzorzz" to time. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I love that "save anywhere & anytime" feature. :D

I have arkham city for ps3 and played through it. contemplating the pc goty version mainly for harley quinn's revenge. how soon in the game can you access it and does it change anything in the main game after you've finished it?

also does the steam version come with a download for Batman: Year One?

[quote name='KaOTiK']PC gamer master race being lead by our leader lol
gloriouspmr13.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Please tell me you have a higher res version of that pic.

[quote name='wuxbustah8']Anyone have an opinion on the Civilization 5 DLC? Trying to decide which of it I should get.[/QUOTE]

Considering you can make random maps, and people make maps all the time, I usually just buy the civilization and game changing packs, like the extra wonders.

But some people really like the DLC maps too, and they are tailored to specific things, so...you'd just have to make up your mind yourself?

[quote name='Dalrint']Considering you can make random maps, and people make maps all the time, I usually just buy the civilization and game changing packs, like the extra wonders.

But some people really like the DLC maps too, and they are tailored to specific things, so...you'd just have to make up your mind yourself?[/QUOTE]

So I played the Civ 5 demo. Didn't really care for it much. How can I get hooked on this game? I am interested just not sure if it is for me. Also will the dlc add much? Or should I maybe try Civ 4? I have heard better things about that version.

[quote name='wuxbustah8']Anyone have an opinion on the Civilization 5 DLC? Trying to decide which of it I should get.[/QUOTE]

If you only buy one piece of DLC, make it the Gods and Kings expansion, $7.49 from Amazon.

If you already have that, I'd suggest those that focus on adding new leaders.

[quote name='UnicornBang']Or should I maybe try Civ 4? I have heard better things about that version.[/QUOTE]

Civ IV Beyond the Sword is possibly my favorite iteration of the series. It just felt like they got everything right for that one. If you get that, there's no real need to bother with the rest of IV.

[quote name='DPsycho']If you only buy one piece of DLC, make it the Gods and Kings expansion, $7.49 from Amazon.

If you already have that, I'd suggest those that focus on adding new leaders.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for all the opinions. I'm just gonna get that one, by the time I want the rest it'll probably be cheaper anyways.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']anyone just picture gabe with two turkey legs in each hand and muching on them and he has gravy all over his face and saying im rich bitch!![/QUOTE]

iUhun7h0oGZVV.gif

[quote name='Mooby']Gabe's Sparkling Beard now available for $7.50 in the TF2 Mann Co item shop.[/QUOTE]

That should come w/ a pre-order of HL3.

[quote name='jamezuva']I have arkham city for ps3 and played through it. contemplating the pc goty version mainly for harley quinn's revenge. how soon in the game can you access it and does it change anything in the main game after you've finished it?

also does the steam version come with a download for Batman: Year One?[/QUOTE]

You can access it immediately, iirc. Doesn't change anything in the main game. You may be lacking certain gadgets during the playthrough of the extra episode, though you only play as Batman for a short while.

And I'm certain it doesn't, but you may want to double check with another source.

[quote name='aronater']anybody know what the size of the steam download for arkham city is? Both goty and the "vanilla version. Thanks.[/quote]
ac:goty 19099mb

Cuz my opinion is valid TL2>D3

Anyways, I had the ultimate rage face when I saw it for $10. Just bought friends and family 4 packs.

Arkham City so cheap to!

Picked up the complete 2 pack of Orcs Must Die 2, glad they made a complete version 2 pack. I have been waiting for this game for a while now. Now I need to convince my non pc gaming friend to play this coop.

I was thinking of picking up Skyrim Dawnguard for 13.39, unless someone thinks it will be, or has been cheaper?

[quote name='PDJ']I was thinking of picking up Skyrim Dawnguard for 13.39, unless someone thinks it will be, or has been cheaper?[/QUOTE]
It was $10 when Skyrim was a daily deal.

Anyone else noticed that EA is being stingy with their flash deals? Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Crysis, and now Mirror's Edge, all 70% off instead of the traditional 75% that most of those have seen in the past.

I could have sworn Lone Survivor was already 50% BEFORE the flash sale...since it's been on my wishlist and I've been checking it daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back